Dragoncrest Cliffs let's count the ways we could make this last forever
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
All the wounds she’s acquired over the last few weeks have mostly healed and what hasn’t is on the way out and she’s thankful for things balancing out once more. Her heat has come and gone and she’s content to stay by the den. Dio and Eske and @Tirgatao have things under control as their most vulnerable point in their lives are passing by. Eventually, they’ll be more mobile and the rest of the pack will step in. After all the strife they’ve been through over the moments, simply enjoying what relaxation she can get.

The morning spring sun shines down through the trees, heating up her dark coat as she’s sprawled out at the opening of the log to block any attempted escapes, while @Wildfire slumbers inside with their flock.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
IF BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'LL FIND US IN THE END
190 Posts
Ooc —
The days were getting longer.  Sunlight trickled in from one of the holes in the log.  First, he stuck his paws in it and saw how -- gasp -- it blocked the light!  Then he tried with his whole body.  It was warm, and he got sleepy, so he took a nap.

When he came to,  Red Mom was taking a nap, too.  Darn!  And the light was gone!  As he inspected, it seemed that Dark Mom had blocked it.  That just wouldn't do.

Cautiously he padded to her and made a feeble and kind of pitiful baby attempt to climb Mountain Mom.
trigedasleng around all who speak it, common around those who don't
members of drageda are encouraged to liberally pp tux
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
What exactly did one do when new life was born into the pack? Was there a celebration? Were you supposed to bring gifts? She had no idea, didn’t particularly care either, but she felt indebted to Wifi for staying with her during the storm so Rose figured the least she could do was bring her something. Maybe food? Eh, that seemed a little boring. Herbs came to mind but she was sure whatever medical needs the Feisripa had were already being tended to by Portia. Or maybe not...

In the end she eventually settled for a fox. It had taken her all of last night to track down and actually hunt the poor fella, but she had managed to snag him by the leg and successfully bring him down. Now all she had to do was drag him to the den and then ta-da, debt repaid. Only it wasn’t Wifi she found. Rose awkwardly stood a good distance away and blinked once or twice at Heda before letting the part of the fox she hadn’t been dragging fall to the floor with a thud. “Ugh” she began, trying not to say or do anything stupid. “It’s a gift” she finally announced, chin motioning to the lifeless fox that now laid between them.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil doesn’t quite sleep but the sun is warm against her fur, heating the rest of her in a way that may carry her off to sleep. Being from farther north, their warm days aren’t as frequent as they are here and she’s much more used to the cold.

After a while, she feels something press against her back but she doesn’t move. She can’t tell who it is trying to crawl her but there isn’t much success and so she remains as a barrier to those inside.

As Rose approaches, one ear twitches on her head to listen but she doesn’t sit up or open her dark eyes until she’s closer. Blood touches her nose and she slowly opens her eyes and sees Rose drop a dead fox nearby and offer it as a gift. After a few seconds, she finally sits up and glances back to find a restless puppy struggling to make any headway but she leaves him there to address the kru.

”Thank you,” she says and offers the girl a smile and thump of her tail. She glances up toward the sky to note the morning is halfway over and she shuffled until she’s sternal. ”I’ll make sure Wildfire gets this. How are you?”
Trigedasleng · Common
190 Posts
Ooc —
Of course he is not big enough to move Thuringwethil, and he is not yet strong enough to climb.  He does settle against the warmth of her fur (begrudgingly) and takes in the sunlight that filters from above.  But as soon as he settled, his nomi stood, and he let out a squall of displeasure, rising on feeble legs to stand discontented at her feet.

Whoa.  There was a new wolf!  He looked up at his mother with childlike glee, silently requesting to go forward and meet her.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ears swiveled atop her head at the question, chin raising slightly as she opened her mouth to answer with a casual "I'm good". Shouldn't she be the one asking how things were going considering how parenting was probably tiring and everything? "How about you?" she began, attention slowly shifting to the small moving blob of fluff as she shifted in her spot.

Rose had, ever since being abandoned, held the overwhelming desire to have a family of her own. But, after seeing this pup and realizing that this tiny life was an actual responsibility you couldn't forget about, made the kru realize she was in no rush to have children.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
“I’m all right,” she says, turning to watching Tux make his appearance for the first time. They’ve not met many so far and Rose has been a member long enough to earn a little trust from her. She’s seen her work, at least, and her dedication doesn’t go overlooked. Thuringwethil doesn’t move to block the boy nor does she shoo away the aspiring healer. Instead, she watches what her youngest son does next with curiosity.
Trigedasleng · Common
190 Posts
Ooc —

he bumbles forth on wobbly legs to the sunset-hued girl in front of nomi, because for the first time she does not make to block his path to a stranger that is not ette.  he lips pulled up in a grin as he makes to inspect her rich red fur.. with his gums.

fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Rose's mouth twists into somewhat of a forced smile when the boy comes bumbling her way, tail gently swaying behind her in a hypnotic fashion when his mouth finds her russet fur. It was a bit tempting to pull away but in the end she stood firm and allowed the youngster to investigate to his heart's content. After all it's not like he was hurting anyone and besides, children were probably fragile and she had no intention of breaking him.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It’s unusual for Thuringwethil to allow a child of Drageda, let alone her child, close to someone that isn’t technically in Dragedakru. There’s a fondness for Rose that she can’t exactly place but they are comforting to be around, in the same way Portia and Tirgatao often are. There’s potential in the young woman and she hopes to help her unlock and to find her footing in their ways. As the leader watches her interact with the puppies, she is careful and on edge—just in case—but Rose seems far more uncomfortable to do much of anything.

After a while, she encourages Tux back to the den and offers the red girl a goodbye and an offer to visit again in the future if she’d like.
Trigedasleng · Common