Sleepy Fox Hollow ...what use is this howling tenderness?
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The sun rises in the east, filtering through the forest and lighting the spot she’s sleeping. Carefully picked for this purpose, she begins to stir when the morning rays heat up her thick, northern fur. It is the first morning she wakes up without some form of nausea and she simply lays there, enjoying the fact she feels only hunger that nothing but an entire elephant will be able to satisfy. Slowly, she rolls herself over and, as she has for the last several mornings, checks everything out for changes. Her teats are still swollen. The nausea passing likely only means she’s moved on to the next stage. Her belly doesn’t protrude but she has lost the tuck of her waist, filling out more as if she’d actually eaten an elephant.

After she meanders through the forest, an all-too late realization that she hasn’t seen @Maegi in… a very long time. Her ears fall back against her head and she glances around. The fading of her scent had come slowly, and with everything going on she hadn’t even considered anyone else outside of the glen. The strange woman and Relyma and her children have taken up much of her time to realize the child hasn’t been around. She’s barely seen @Kove since their coupling, choosing to avoid him where she can, and likely there hadn’t been time enough between them to exchange any details.

She does not seek out the leader, or anyone else, and instead while she is still mostly mobile, heads out of the territory in the nearest direction.

Along the way, she howls every once in a while in varying tones and distances. It’s been hours since the last one and she looks up at the sky as it darkens. The hollow she’s found herself in is unfamiliar but she still has a few hours before it’s completely dark and she sets herself to explore a little while longer, searching for any signs—or anyone—that might lead her in the right direction.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
not sure if @Tahani and @Tomkin want to join in, having followed Siarut, up to you both

The land was new and strange, the ground grew softer with everyday they spent so far south. The sun beating down on their light fur, the heat grew from within him. His thick northern coat smothering his very existence. It was at moments such as this that he questioned his decision. Why come to the abnormal place, perhaps he could have done more at home. Proven himself with just a little more work. These thoughts were always quickly followed by a masked sense of crushing defeat, and dark thoughts of his father. He closed himself off from his emotions, never one to deal with such useless things as emotions. 

His alabaster ear twtiched as his senses betrayed him once again. He thought he heard a familiar howl on the wind, a trick. Or so he assumed. Subconsiously he followed the sound. There was no harm in disproving a myth. Every so often another howl would break the wind, adding more prove to the untrustworthy. Olive green orbs searched the surrounding area for the slightest hint of the familiar form.

As he descended into an unknown hollow, his nose joined in his traitorous senses. They had been seperated for months, and yet her scent was easily recognizable. Her image however was more elusive. Taking more confident steps furhter into the hollow Siarut's gaze fell on the one he had been seeking. 

"Shivali?" It was nothing more than a disbeliving whisper as he took in the sight of his sister as he approached her. His sister. The one he had been searching for, was suddenly here right before his eyes. Finally they had found her.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The wind doesn’t blow in her favor and she’s far more focused on catching even a whiff of Maegi. She doesn’t even know how long the girl has been gone, distracted by her own issues that she hadn’t noticed. It bothers her it hasn’t been brought up before now, as if it’s news that shouldn’t be widespread. Maybe it has been recent but there’s nothing in her memories indicating that the girl has been anywhere.

She begins to lift her muzzle and shape her lips when, suddenly, a ghost crosses her vision and she’s quickly shuts her mouth. Shivali? She blinks a few times, staring at the green-eyed brute.

Leaving the northern land meant leaving her family behind. Luck brought her here, to find another wolf from some ancestry they share, but what is it that brings her shared flesh and blood face to face with her so close to her new home? Dark eyes stare, finding it difficult to say anything, and she staggers in his direction as if he might not be real and he’s a mirage in the desert.

Angajuk,” she manages, closing the distance between them until she’s flush with his chest.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Her image was the same as he remembered, his darling sister was just a beautiful as their mother, and yet possesed an inspiring strength. He couldn't stop the smile that spread his lips wide, this feeling of reunion was new. Never had they been so seperated before. It felt like the endless night was ending and the first summers sun was rising. 

"Nukak."

Siarut reached for her as she approached, earning to touch her similarily coloured pelt. To know that she was really here, and not some sick halucination. He would nose her shoulder in the semblance of a hug, felling her firmness against his.

"Shivali, we found you."

The statement brought his giddy feelings to the surface once more, although he tried his hardest to supress them. He wanted to live in the moment, with his reunited sister.

lol might have over done it, but I'm so excited!!!! <3
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali never imagined she’d see her family again. There’s no intention of returning (not that she could in her current state) but what does that mean for her brother? Why has he come? If something is wrong… She closes her eyes and takes in a long breath, noting old scents of her other siblings, slowly pulling away to look at him.

We?” she asks, curious. Her eyes travel away from him, looking around and her nose flares in its own search.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"Tahani and Tomkin came with me." Siarut smiled at the journey they had taken, that was soon coming to an end. Even if this place was insufferably hot.  "We came looking for you my dear sister." He could see the slight panic in her navy blue gaze.  "We missed you." The pale boy added with an unusally small voice for the large male, showing how uncomfortable he was with the admission. He looked away, prefering the sight of his snow coloured paws. 

"We left, just as you did sister." There was a sadness on his tongue, guilt rising into his throat, threatening to spill free like water in a dam.  "We can't go back now. He would never allow it." Returning his olive gaze on the woman, he took in her sight. It was just the four of them for now. Just like it always had been. "I don't know where the others went, I'm sure the'll be around soon."
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
He says the name of their siblings and the fact they’ve been looking for her. Dark eyes narrow, searching his face for some kind of clue as to why. Had something happened after she left to cause them to leave, too?   Maybe she shouldn’t have left after all, or maybe she should have returned when she spoke to Kove about her loneliness. And now, it’s been weeks since she’s seen him at all, and…

Shivali shakes her head, listening as they explain they can’t go back. Her brows knit together and she glances around, searching for her other brother and sister, before she slowly draws back to ask: “You can’t go back? What did you do?” she asks, searching his vibrant green eyes but her face relaxes and she sighs. “What did Tomkin do?”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The large brute couldn't prevent his gaze from dropping once more, his head following as he turned from his sister, a growl emitting from his throat. "What didn't he do is the question!" He wasn't angry at Tomkin, not really. More at himself as always. He could never stay mad at his siblings for long, especially Tomkin. The younger male the very opposit of himself in every way, and yet his most dear brother. A young brother who Siarut believed need protection from the world. Protection that Siarut hadn't been able to provid. His anger clouded what would have normally been a humor filled scentence, usually atributted to their wild younger brother.

"He's been exiled."

Sia let the words hang in the air. "Our own father banished his own son. Told him to leave without a second thought." No matter how many times he thought through the situation Siarut still couldn't believe that their father had done such a thing. Letting Shiv leave had been one thing, but banishing a child Sia couldn't understand. "Good old dad." The pale ghost gave an angry chuckle, subconsciously rolling his shoulder, where that same father had taken his pound of flesh. 

"It all started to fall apart Shiv." The whisper barely audible as it fell from his teeth, "After you left, it all kinda fell apart. Atleast for us anyway." While he thought emotions we useless in the times he could no longer contain them he had often sought out his eldest sister, in terms of age, his closest sibling.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
He had trailed behind, something catching his attention and off he went. Leaping between trees, he chased a rabbit, well what looked like a rabbit back home, but it was smaller and brown. Grinning, his eyes kept up with it, his paws making short work of the ground. The thing wasn't even fit for a meal, but it was fun and he didn't have to ask his father to do it. The thought caught him off guard for a moment, and the rabbit was gone into a hole. He whined a bit, but it was at himself, his tail wagging slightly before turning and trotting back the direction his brother had went.

Seeing the white back of his brother, he seemed to be talking to someone, but he couldn't see who it was. Then the wind changed, and his whole body tensed for a minute, his ears perking up. Could it be? Skirting around his brother, green eyes lit up and his voice almost boomed out as he began running towards her. Shiv! It's you! His brother didn't look the happiest, and he wondered for a moment before nuzzling his sister, his tail wagging happily as if he was a pup again.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She is about to ask a second time what Tomkin did to get exiled but, as if on cue, there he is! Her worries are temporarily banished as he quickly approaches the other two siblings and curbs into her as he used to when he was younger (and much smaller) so she takes a moment to gather herself and nuzzle him back. There’s always been a soft spot for her younger brother, taking the brunt of their father’s ire more times than not. Shivali quickly scans him over (for more than she had Siarut) and decides he’s in one piece.

And then she pulls away.

Suvâ? she blurts a beat later with a commanding quirk of her brow. She's forgotten all about where she is, and the fact they're not surrounded by snow, as she's slowly reuniting with her family.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
there were pros and cons to this place, as there were pros and cons to any place. for the northern woman, the cons were so far outweighing the pros. it was hot, it was wet, and she hated traveling. she had been in a sullen mood these past days, choosing to keep to herself rather than joke around with her brothers, though she did keep a careful eye on their welfare, as she had always done.

today she found herself lagging behind as they meandered through the mountains, sniffing at the various greenery cradled in nooks and crannies. if she had a proper home, she would have carried them away, stuffed them in a cache. as it was. . .

her brothers' tracks led into a verdant valley, and Tahani followed, her grumbling easing slightly as it grew dark; she knew they would rest, soon. their creamy pelts stood out like stars on the velvet dark sky, and she saw the pair of them ahead, accompanied by another pale form. it was only when the wind turned and blew her way that she picked up the scent, and her heart stopped.

"Shivali." it was a murmur to herself, first, then emerged as a cry, ringing off the rocks. "Shivali!" tongue lolling, she galloped toward her littermate, winding a circle around her before staring at her with disbelieving eyes. "is it really you?" she asked in their northern tongue, voice trembling slightly as she nuzzled her nose against Shivali's neck. "i can't believe it."
Common · Inuttut
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
the whole fam is together!!! *tears in eyes*

His head shot up at the sounds of an approacher, glad to see that it was only Tomkin. He wiped the grief, anger, and despair from his face as the youngest among them arrived. A smile played on the brutes lips as the scene unfolded, Siarut was glad to see his brother act so young once more. He forgot just for a moment the oppresive past they had only just vanguished.

Sia was startled as yet another arrived, of course Tahani was to quiet for Sia to notice her approach, until she spoke their other sisters name. Siarut allowed his three sibilings their reunion, having had his mere moments before. For once he wasn't thinking of the future or the past, it was time for the present. 

For a moment he let the present win, until he remembed, "Answer your sister's question brother. Tell her what you did." He had always been the most strict when trying to follow the rule set down by there father, always urging the three before him to follow the law. He couldn't hide the 'i told you so' from his tone, it masked the worry. The worry he was positive Shivali would pick up right away, and perhaps Tahani too, if she were paying close enough attention.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
They were together again. Finally. He grinned as she nuzzled him, his tail still flying through the air as his other sister came running up. The happiness was almost palpable, the reunion sweet. Stepping back, he slowed his tail and let his sisters greet each other. It was good to see them together again. 

His brother's voice broke over the happiness, and he noticed immediately the worry. As he finished talking, the younger one stilled his tail and let himself remember why they had found her in the first place. His tenor voice dropped an octave, a touch of rare anger towards his father showing. I got a wolfess pregnant, so dad decided that it was time to 'separate me from the pack' before I caused any more trouble. He looked up at his sister, expecting to see disappointment in her eyes.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She should have expected that once Tomkin shows up, Tahani won’t be far behind. They’re traveling together even if they’re not side by side at all times. She’s temporarily distracted from the problem at hand when her sister shows up. Tail waves frantically back and forth and she steps up to properly greet her with a few gentle kisses. 

Their reunion is cut short when Siarut reminds their brother to tell her what happened. Her eyes turn from Tahani and onto Tomkin, ears cupped forward when he speaks. She glances at Tahani briefly, and Siarut for confirmation, but she steps forward and gives her younger brother a nudge to his cheek. 

”You did not force her, right?” she asks, holding his stare. There isn’t necessarily disappointment writ across her face but anticipation that hopefully he’d only done something with someone else just as foolish as he. And perhaps, if she hadn’t come this way, she may not have even asked, but if someone like Iliksis resides in her own family... well, that’s not something she wants to face.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
skipping Tahani with permission
Siarut watched his brother own up to his actions. Although he wasn't happy with the situation he was glad that perhaps Tomkin had been happy with someone. Even if it had been foolish. Sia would never admit it, but he was jealous of Tomkin's rebelliousness. Siarut had never felt like he had to option to rebel. If he had perhaps Sia would have found someone to have his own pups with. 

He waited for the reprimand his sister was sure to give, and was surprised by her reply. His jaw feel open slightly, and his brain reeled.  "Tomkin would never do that Shivali." He looked hard at his sister, his green gaze turning to steel.

What had happened to you?

Siarut couldn't stop the thought, what had happened to his sister for her thoughts to be so warped. The thought of Tomkin forcing himself on the poor female hadn't even crossed his mind. He looked at Tahani, wondering if she too thought the same of Shivali. Shaking his head he turned to Tomkin, waiting for his own defense.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
At first he was taken aback, stepping back from her, his eyes hard as he kept her gaze. A couple of questions crossed his mind, then his whole body tensed as a thought stuck. Something had happened to her, and he didn't like what had stuck. Sia's words and tone only solidified that horrible thought, and he whipped his head back around to his sister.

He kept his voice steady, her being one of the only ones he watched it with. Yet his directness was as sharp as ever, tilting his head while speaking. No, Shiv, I did not, yet I think you know that. She was a beautiful wolfess, and I don't regret what we did...together. Now what happened to you that you would ask me such a question? He hoped for a straight answer, yet for once, he wasn't sure if he wanted one. Glancing at his other siblings, he wondered if they had caught on to the thought. He then turned back to Shiv and waited, an uneasy feeling starting to grow.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Nothing about her changes when asking the question, yet she gets a forceful response from her brother. Shivali shoots him a pointed look for a moment, scrutinizing him with a squint of her eyes. As Tomkin begins to confirm the answer, she looks back over to him as he asks the question writ across Siarut’s face. 

”Mind yourself,” she chides the both of them. She gives them both a nonsensical look before continuing. ”We’ve taken in a young wolf that has been... brutalized.” There isn’t much she knows about the situation, limiting her time in the glen lest she is needed by Relmyna need her for anything. ”Not that I think you would do that. I know you wouldn’t. We’ve just been on edge.”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she hung back, content to stand by her sister silently as the trio exchanged words. Shivali's first question brought Tahani's stare, as well, as she tried to puzzle out why she'd accuse one of their own so readily of something so vile. did she think Tomkin was the type to do such a thing? never in her life had she suspected any of her family to be so dishonorable, much less a sweet boy like her younger brother.

the answer brought some clarity, and her face and ears went different directions--the former falling with sadness, the latter perked in intrigue. "does she need care?" Tahani asked gently, blinking over at Shivali. "i could perhaps help her in some way, if she has been. . .damaged." the last word came out choked, and she swallowed, feeling uneasy. it never got easier for her, to deal with the sick and injured. the empath in her always felt their pain, their suffering.

but if there was someone in need of help, Tahani could not stand idly back. she frowned, regretting that she had not collected herbs along the way. perhaps Shivali's new home had a stockpile of useful plants, or even another healer on-site that she could work with.
Common · Inuttut
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut's stared remained hard, he wouldn't back down from her, not if she thought Tomking so vile. He remained hard until her words hit home, until he realized the extent of her words. Another had been injured so. 

The poor creature.

Although he couldn't help the relief that flooded him. Think that his own sister, his own strong Shivali had been injured in such a way sickened him in ways he couldn't comprehend. He was so relieved that he exhaled a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. 

Sia now understood his sisters question and yet he was still upset. She had known him since birth, there was no need to accuse him of such atrocities. He didn't voice his concerns and waited to see what their brother had to say. 

He was proud to see Tahani offering her healing services. A skill he did not possess. He gave Tahani a glance, and offered a warm smile. He loved his sister dearly, her caring heart was obvious. 

He was sure that any opinion he had would be met with hostility, so he remainded quiet, waiting to see what might unfold between his siblings.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Her answer didn't settle him, his ears flicking in thoughtfulness as he kept her gaze, his green ones sharp until Tahani stepped in to offer help. At this, he stepped back and let them talk about the hurt girl. He wasn't uncaring, but feelings made things complicated, so he detached himself from them. His words came out as always, straightforward and blunt, the accusation already dug in deeper than he cared to admit. It's bad that she got raped, but don't accuse me of something I think you know I wouldn't do. Even if you are on edge, it's not right.

Realizing how close he was to showing how he felt, he shook and turned his attention to Tahani, opening his mouth to speak, his countenance agitated. But he just shook his head and turned from his sisters, trotting off in the direction they had came from, only glancing at his brother as he passed him, his usually bright eyes darkened a bit. Pausing for a moment with his back towards them, he spoke. I'm going to...explore. They had found her, and they were already tense at each other.

Disappearing from the sight of his siblings, he started running, his paws hitting the ground as he thought. Shiv should know better than to ask that question and the explanation she gave didn't sit well with him. Something felt off. Jumping over logs and sliding underneath low hanging branches, his thoughts turned to Tahani. So very different from him. She wanted to help everyone, but her emotions were too strong and got in the way of her common sense. Of course the brutalized woman need care. Of course she had been damaged. Sometimes her emotions clouded her common sense. She could have just said she would help instead of spouting wasted words.

Shaking his head, he huffed at nothing. No sense in dwelling on it. He didn't really blame her anyway. Slowing down, he let his tongue hang out the side of his mouth and turned back towards a small creek. A drink sounded nice.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
One ear flickers toward Tahani, the other on Tomkin, watching as he speaks back to her and chooses to turn and leave. And for a long moment, Shivali doesn’t say anything.

As he disappears into the hollow, she eventually turns to the other two with an eye-roll and an unaffected shrug. “A mother in the woods has been taking care of her but I’m not aware of her needs,” she says, glancing to Siarut and back again. “I haven’t spent a lot of time around her. Does this mean you’re staying?” she offers with a conflicted smile. Does that include Tomkin after this? Is this what she wants? Living in the Woods without her family hasn’t been easy, but living there with them seems just as complicated with all the changes in the last few months—and the months to come.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
her ears flicked toward her younger brother as he spoke, and a frown creased her maw. "Tomkin, i am sure she didn't mean--" but the words were wasted as Tomkin had turned to leave, his snowy pelt rippling as he trotted away to go explore. she sighed, turning back to Shivali as she began to speak.

her intrigue grew. a mother. presumably, that meant babies. Tahani felt a surge of excitement. she loved children; she'd never met a pup she didn't like, even the naughtiest of the bunch. she was a natural babysitter and caretaker, and hated that she hadn't ever gotten the chance to have her own. her mind was already made up, and now even more so.

"yes, if you'll have us," Tahani spoke for them both, casting her eyes to Siarut to make sure that was fine. "we've missed you so much, Shiv. i would love to stay, at least."
Common · Inuttut
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut watched with understanding eyes as his brother left to explore. He could understand the hurt, after so long from his sister he hoped everything would go back to the way things had been. Sia had never afforded himself such a luxury. Prefering to stick to his realist ways, and understanding that their time apart had changed them. At least Siarut knew he had changed since leaving the fridgid tundra.

With an affirmative nod at Tahani, he agreed to her statement, "Do you think that we came all the way here, just to turn around and leave?" Siarut only gave his sister a mischevious look, "I thought you were the smart one." He gave her a toothy grin. "I'm sure Tomkin will forgive you before we get there. Or maybe he won't. Lucky you." Sia snorted, trying alleviate any tension on the subject. He continued on a more serious note, "We have truly missed you sister, I'm afraid you can't get rid of us that easy."
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Tahani tries to salvage Tomkin sticking around, only to fail, and he disappears for good. Thankfully, they are able to get of the topic and on to something else. The interaction is still fresh in her mind, as it is all of them, but they can’t let it dampen. Tomkin has always been a little moody and she’s always attempted to keep him up but right now, he needs to sort things out for himself. Maybe. She can’t always be there for him.

As her brother and sister agree they’ll be joining her, she smiles, and stepped closer to nudge them. “Good,” she says despite their banter. She is left torn, knowing she’ll have to tell them eventually, but she doesn’t have to right now. She can find a way later. “We should find somewhere to sleep for the night and then we can head back,” she offers the both of them, nipping at her brother’s cheek as he playfully states the obvious.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
37 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Pushing back through the trees, the young wolf flicked his ears forwards, trying to catch his siblings' voices. His mood was back up, yet their was still a prick if hurt. It did not show on his face, his eyes with his usual sparkle in  them. Starting to trot, his tail swayed from side to side, his stout body easily going through the brush and trees. He didn't think they would worry too much since he ran off regularly to explore. Hoping they wouldn't ask questions, he began to hear murmuring and slowed slightly. It was definitely warmer down here, and he wrinkled his muzzle. Yet the new smells and surroundings peaked his curiosity, making the heat a minor annoyance. Seeing white, he emerged from the trees and let his paws carry him to his siblings, although he stopped a few yards from them.
-Innutuk saying

speaking Innutuk