Jade Fern Grove Done messed up
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Alarian here you go! Forwarded to the 11th!

Unable to locate Blondine he had sort of just tried to lick and wash away the infection. Unfortunately now almost a week later he had realized the infection was much too bad for that. So without any other options he decided to take a trip to Easthollow and see if Mawk and Illecebra could help him somehow. Unfortunately again he was now feverish and wobbly and stank to high heaven and also leaked pus all over his black fur from his eye and ear and scruff.

By the time he reached Jade Fern Grove he was exhausted and felt ill, so he sat down to rest and ended up passing out. Slumped on the ground he breathed evenly but was hot to the touch.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy's travels had so far brought him back through familiar areas; there was, however, no sign of Lennon. He ignored it well: he took to humming under his breath and recalling stories, quizzing himself on what herbs he knew, half-heartedly tracking prey scents. Anything, really, to keep his mind off his failure. It's still early in the trip, he assured himself when he dared let it cross his mind, this doesn't mean anything.
Alarian had spent a scant few minutes in the latest territory he was crossing when he smelled something, well, gross. Immediately the young Governor recognized the scent as infection, layered thickly over the scent of wolf. He froze, hackles lifting a bit; something was eerily familiar about the myriad scents he caught faintly under the strange wolf's own. It was slight, though, and he was unable to pinpoint it. Instead, he let concern for the stranger dominate his reaction.
He turned towards the source, only making a few steps before his paws hit something warm and soft. Shocked, Ali jumped back with a piercing yelp before he realized what it was-- the stranger. The boy fixed pale gold eyes on the dark mass of fur, moving closer after a few beats to nudge it with his muzzle. Male, by the scent, and perhaps too wounded to threaten even a mouse.
Ali nonetheless favored caution above all else; he did not relax, but issued a single whine and waited. He knew already he would help, if he could-- but first he wanted to know if this stranger was even coherent.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai didn't move much but the fact that he had been stumbled over did wake him up. He peered at the boy and heeded his whine, deciding it was an accident. He gave a small thump of his tail and offered a weak smile "Thought I was a rock? No..not a rock. Just a stupid, ill man" he said, his attempt at joking coming out wrong and making him sound insane. The fever was ruining his charm, and he couldn't have that now could he? That's all he had going for him. "Dont know how to cure infection do you?" he queried hopefully, still looking up at him through his good eye.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali tilted his head when the mass of dark fur began to move and speak. He immediately felt bad upon hearing the male's words; the scent of infection was strong, and he knew the other must be delirious. Zamael had been delirious for a day, he remembered, when he had briefly become feverish from his wounds. The thought burned, so he flung it away.
I'm sorry. He murmured gently, touching his nose briefly to the other's, then to his neck. Warm. The visible wounds were bad, leaking pus, and Ali grimaced at the work he knew he would need to put into this. Don't worry, I can help. Just... wait here.
The boy set off quickly to find what he needed-- it was a lot, actually. He had not bothered to collect herbs to store yet, or even non-herbal remedies; even if he had, the boy was certain he was too far. So it took him a bit-- perhaps an hour, at most-- to collect all that he required. Ali was quite sure the stranger wasn't going anywhere, at least.
He returned with a leaf-wrapped bundle, dropping it unceremoniously on the ground and moving quickly to check that the dark male was still alive.
Still hanging on? Ali's inquiry was gentle, though he didn't wait for an answer. I'm going to start now, if that's okay. Just need to get you cleaned up a little bit.
The young Governor found himself relying again on the witch Thelxiope's knowledge; chervil root was what he had found, so it was what Dakarai would receive for his wounds. He had thought to bring moss soaked in water, though, to make the wound cleaning easier on himself. Ali started with that, taking each piece between his teeth and squeezing the water onto the wounds. He brushed one of the cleaner pieces of moss over some of the nastier wounds, clearing away the crusted fluids and pus that spoke of infection.
It was not enough, though, he knew. Reluctantly the boy settled closer to groom over what he had already rinsed, determined that the infection would be gone with this treatment. He was gentle, but it took longer this way, and for now all he could do was continue cleaning.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Upon further inspection on the male, he determined it wasn't a man but a boy. A young lad who seemed to soften with gentility as Dakarai spoke. He held still as the other touched his nose, then his neck before he spoke. Dakarai nodded in return, giving a low sigh along with the gesture. "I dont believe I'll be moving for a bit anyway" he murmured, acknowledging his own weakness. It was growing apparent to him that he was reaching his older years, body becoming less tolerant of infection and disease.

He thought over that in the minutes that ticked by during the boy's absence. Would he really be of much use to Onyx anymore? He would of course give his last breath to protect her, but his death would leave her broken still, wouldn't It? At the sound of the boy's return he lifted and turned his head to look with his good eye, noticing the bundle he carried in his jaws, assumingly herbs. At the gentle query Dakarai chuckled "Always and still"he said with forced optimism. 

Giving the permission to start he sat still through the process, wincing occasionally as the boy hit sensitive and painful areas but never making a move against him. A question occurred to him and he didn't hesitate to ask it "What herbs are you using, and what for?" he figured if he was going to get injured so often he should learn to heal himself in the case of emergency.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He worked quietly, wondering how the man had gotten this way. A fight with another wolf, or a predator? The other smelled of pack— that brought him pause, now that he thought about it. Of course he had noticed it immediately, but it didn't strike him as odd until now that this wolf was alone and hurt when his scent told of having a pack. Had he done something to be violently expelled? Or perhaps they just no longer wanted him.
Suddenly nervous, he paused for a moment at the stranger's question. Uhhh— well, I'm done cleaning it now. Mostly. He moved for his herbs anyway. Now I'm going to use chervil root.
Alarian moved the plant with his paws to where the dark-furred male could see. And I have some cobwebs to keep it on. Just don't... rub against anything afterwards. I mean, you shouldn't.
The boy swallowed hard and debated if he should even ask. Maybe asking would enrage him— in his mind, the Governor had already painted a vivid image of a crazed killer, and here he was saving him. So, uh— you smell like pack. Why aren't you... y'know, there? These wounds are bad. With that, he bent to chew the root and hoped he wasn't about to die.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He paid close attention to what the youth said to him,despite the fact that his mind was wandering in a billion different directions.  "I was an idiot and waited far too long to find my pack's medic. When i did search out for her, she wasn't around. I got this way defending my mate from a horrid,vile man." he explained with a weak and slurred voice. He remained still throughout the procedure, not wanting to seem a threat.  Th3 male applied the cobwebs he nodded and sighed. "I joined this pack foolishly. I thought if me and my girl had a home we'd be safe, but it wasn't so. So here i am wounded and weak and she's..
she's safe as far as i am aware"
he murmured.

He watched the male chew the root and remained silent for a moment. He sighed and lay back weakly against his side.  "I make so many mistakes. So many but...i promise you i am not a bad man. I try for Onyx. I try but yet i seem to not be enough" he was rambling like a man incapacitated bit he didn't care. It felt good to have someone whp didn't know his life listening. "what's that you're chewing? I.. I want to know what's going to heal me so i can do it in the future if need" he admitted why he asked the question. He knew he would be in further problems so he wanted to know how to heal himself if need be.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He listened intently to the man's explanation as he chewed the root. Guilt flashed through him; the stranger could have been lying, sure, but he sounded genuine enough. Ali leaned in to apply the freshly finished poultice now, gentler than before.
You don't sound bad to me. The boy offered; he could certainly relate to making a lot of mistakes. It's— life is hard. Sometimes that means... you have to make hard decisions to survive. Okay, maybe he was projecting a little here. Just a bit.
Alarian was undeniably relieved by the change of subject even if he had already explained, having moved on to securing the poultice with the cobwebs now on each wound. Chervil root, it's what I showed you. Oh, and—
He nudged a few small, black seeds towards the male. Almost forgot about these. Poppy seeds, for the pain. By the way, what should I call you?
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He gave a soft laugh at the boy's comment. He was grateful for it though, for having someone think he wasn't at fault for once in his life. The only other who hadn't blamed him was Onyx and he hadn't the foggiest idea what was going on in her mind. The next set of words held wisdom that surprised Dakarai and he nodded, eyes softening "Sometimes those decisions aren't always what you want, nor are they what others would consider good. Survival...it brings out who we truly are" he murmured and then felt the surge of guilt. It meant he was someone willing to fight and maim his own children to survive, even if they did attack first it was a horrible thing to have to do. He shoved back the thoughts and instead made note of the name of the root he had given, remembering it had to be chewed and placed on the wound as some sort of paste. He eyed the seeds and with immediate trust he licked them up, swallowing them down with ease. "I am Dakarai Svartell. What is your name?" he asked curiously, giving his full name without thinking first.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
you can post again or archive here ! this will be the last from me <3
Alarian listened quietly to the dark-furred male's words, letting them pass without further comment; they did not leave his mind for some time, though. The slim boy moved back a few paces, having finished tending the male's wounds. He was tempted to tell him to go home now, but— well, he didn't make a habit of ordering strangers around. Still, he glanced at the freshly-covered wounds with concern, knowing he would have to move on with his own journey. At least the male seemed coherent enough to find his own way— if he hadn't, Ali would have been forced to stay.
Alarian Keil. He matched the man's full introduction automatically. It was nice to meet you, Dakarai, though I'm sorry for the circumstances. I don't think I've got time to stay, unfortunately. The Governor paused, thinking again with some disapproval of the fact that Dakarai's pack was not caring for him. Perhaps it was a bit shameless, but he couldn't resist adding before he made to depart: I'm kind of what we have for a medic at my pack— and what we have for a leader, I guess. I'm on a... short trip right now, but if you need anything— protection, more care— you can come to Bracken Sanctuary. It's northeast of here, past the valley; my sister will let you in if you mention me.
With that, he nodded once to Dakarai and turned to leave, eager to get back to looking for Lennon— and eventually heading home.