Heron Lake Plateau Keep watch, with eyes that skim the seas
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
All Welcome 
Tagging for reference, but feel free to join <3

The young boy was growing at a rapid speed, though still he was rather short. That however did not limit the size of his curiousity - just like his sibling, he was beginning to tire of remaining within the den and often set off on miniscule adventures. Cinder never strayed too far from mother, or whoever happened to be watching over them, but he longed to see more of the world and figure out what was going on. He'd not been interested at first... but his brother was interested. So that made him interested. If @Tywyll was curious, there was something out here that he ought to see. Right?

It was a morning like any other that the youth awoke, exiting the den at a similar time to his brother. He didn't plan to go far, as per usual, but still it was another day that he could earn knowledge of this bright and strange world around him.
for you,
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He had attempted to be  careful when prying himself away from momma and Cinder, he didn't want to disturb them plus he didn't want any questions about where he was off to. He seemed to be watched like a hawk every time he went wandering now ever since he was attacked by the eagle. This time he hadn't made it very far before he heard the rustling and moving of Cinder behind him. Grinning he turned around and began to attempt to stalk his brother, when he spotted him he simply rushed forward and tried to tackle him. "Rawr!" he shrieked already giggling wildly as he began to nip and chew at Cinder.
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
The boy's cerulean gaze followed the rises and dips of the earth as he stared, body stilling for a brief moment. The world was so big, and he was so small. He was not particularly frightened of the large expanse of land, but there was so much to observe that he could not quite map it all within his mind. He had no clue what lay out there in the open... but it seemed his brother was someone he ought to keep a better eye on.

Cinder was shoved to the ground before he could acknowledge what was happening, a mighty rawr followed by countless giggles the only sounds he could focus upon. "Wha-" He gasped, baby eyes stretching wide with surprise before wrinkling his nose. "Oi!" He wriggled and returned to his feet as Tywyll began to playfully nip at his side. "GIT OFF!" He rumbled, though soon enough he began to understand the game and attempted to swing his head to nip his sibling in return, a short, mischievous giggle of his own releasing from the youth's muzzle.
for you,
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He had not expected his playul attack to be met with such a fiercesome command from his little brother and he froze, eyes going wide before he squinted them and shouted "never!" returning to bothering Cinder with bites and tugs at his fur. When his brother began to play in return, Tywyll's tiny body wiggled a mile a minute as he began to push and gently headbutt at Cinder with sheer exhileration. He always loved the days when Cinder pried himself away from their mother and joined him to play, it was so much more fun to hang around with someone his own size. "Wanna Splore with me? I'll pwotect you" he asked, stepping away and taking a break from biting. He offered the protection in a voice that made it sound like the best prize ever, trying to tempt the younger boy away from the den with him for some brotherly fun.
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
It was true - he wasn't usually the one to 'command'. But he had been caught very much off guard, and it had been more a command out of woah what the hell rather than i'm the boss and i'm gonna tell you what to do. His sibling squinted before yelling in protest and attacking the ashen boy again.

But after a few moments of wriggling and nipping, Tywyll stepped back. Cin hopped up to his feet and perked his ears forward in curiousity, eyes widening a touch at the suggestion. 'Splore? Wasn't that dangerous? The Blackthorn wasn't quite certain that he wanted to get into trouble. But... Ty did offer protection. If the larger boy was going to protect him then surely... surely it would be okay? Plus, he didn't want to say no and then seem like a coward. He was brave! Very brave! The bravest! Well, maybe that was a stretch, but... "Okay." He agreed at last, casting a glance back to the safety of the den. "But! Not too far. Mkay? My uh... legs will get tired..."
for you,
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Tywyll held his breath as his brother seemed to think it over, his hesitation obvious. When Cinder agreed he began to jump around him, tail wiggling ten miles an hour with sheer joy. "No...not far Cinder. Pwomise. C'mon!" he tugged at Cinder's ears and then began to lead him away, stopping when he spotted a grasshopper ahead of them. He looked back at Cinder and motioned for him to come closer. " das a hoppy thing! Watch this!" he said and then crept toward the grasshopper. When he got close the bug jumped about five feet in the air and landed right in front of Cinder.
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Tywyll seemed overjoyed with his acceptance, however hesitant it may have been. At least the promise not to go too far aided in settling his nerves, and Cinder was soon dragged away, caught up in his brother's own excitement. He trudged along, growing legs swinging out awkwardly as he walked beside his sibling, gaze scanning the area around them. He was idly admiring the clouds when all of a sudden there was some odd, humming monster in his face! Well, not directly in his face, more like at his feet, but the youth screeched nonetheless.
for you,
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Tywyll's eyes widened at the frightened screech Cinder made and immediately rushed forward. He pounced on the grasshopper which seemed too stunned by the fact that there were two big noisy animals. His paws squished it but not enough that it was ruined. He lifted them up and sat down "It's okay! Really! I told you I'd protect you. Sides' they aren't dangerous anyway." he said warmly and gently nudged his brothers shoulder. Then with a more stern look he said "You gotsta not be so afraid of stuff." he chided but shook his head. "C'mon...We're not done yet!"
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Tywyll immediately came to his aid, crushing the beast and saving Cinder before it ate him whole! Or poisoned him! Or.. or... wait, why wasn't Ty afraid? Was he not scared that he'd be consumed by the monster? Oh. "They aren't dangerous anyway". The Blackthorn frowned, biting the inside of his cheek. "I wasn't..." He coughed lightly, "I wasn't scared. It just... startled me. That's all." Cin puffed his chest, trying to look as brave as his sibling. He wasn't scared at all!
for you,
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Tywyll gave Cinder the most dubious yet affectionate look he could muster . He gave him a playful bump with his shoulder "Okay Cin" he said and smiled. A short distance away he spotted the squirrel pelt that he had found and dragged to the den. He ran and grabbed it, dragging it over and giving it a shake. He offered the other end to Cinder and just as he thought his brother would take it, bounced away a few feet and growled playfully doing a play bow and wiggle.