Hoshor Plains there's a buzz down in my bones
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
Private 

she had decided to hang around the flatlands, enjoying the easily accesible water source and although she tended to prefer the shelter provided by forests it was not a big enough factor to cause that much of a problem. there was also no denying that there was something enjoyable about letting the warm breezes that cut across the large expanses of grass ruffle your fur and she constantly found herself standing tall in the face of the weak winds- eyes half shut in what seemed almost like enjoyment as she took in the fresher air. 

she had taken a day to do something one would rarely get to see her do- relax. the whole concept felt quite strange to her and although she knew she needed it something about it all just felt...wrong. of course despite claiming she was currently relaxed just because she was lying in the weak shelter of some kind of shrubbery- her ears were still perked alert for any nearby sounds and her nose would twitch everytime a very mild breeze would drift her way. the blood pumping through her veins was restless and buzzed and she would subconciously swish her tail over the lush blades of grass. she just felt like she ought to be doing something. she was so used to always being on edge and even since she'd gotten to these new lands she'd been so focused on discovering what she could. this whole doing nothing wasn't as enjoyable as some seemed to claim. to be quite honest, she was simply bored.

she'd made sure not to stay too close to the lake, the fresh waters unsurprisingly being a hot spot for other wolves and she hadn't wanted to be disturbed by anyone. the glittering surface was still in view though and she'd blink drowsily in its direction, taking a moment to appreciate the appealing golden-y red like colours that the setting sun cast over it. dusk was definitely her favourite time of the day and she'd turn her head back to rest it on her creamy paws- dark eyes fixed on the distant horizon of the lands to the south/west as she wondered what she'd find upon journeying that way. her muscles seemed to twitch almost excitedly as she considered departing under the cover of the oncoming night. already the air was cooling rapidly as dusk cloaked everything in subdued colours and shadows.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig felt very uncomfortable being so far away from the pack. If something happened back at the Plateau while she was not there to help, she would never forgive herself. But she had let her paws take her where they would, had followed the Whitefish River down for some time and then cut to her left to find herself in a field of golden grass. It reminded her of the grasses up on the Plateau, so perhaps that was why she stopped here. She turned to look back where she had come and saw her home behind her, a mountain with a flat top far to the north. She needed to return. Her bones itched to go back.

But there was wolf scent here and curiosity got the better of her and she followed it. Soon she found a white wolf sitting and facing the lake in the distance. Grezig chuffed to get the female’s attention, standing at ease, her tail wagging a bit behind her to show that she was friendly. Another recruit, perhaps? she could not help but think. She wanted the pack to succeed, and for that to happen, it needed high numbers.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
she'd spotted the other whilst shifting her position to stretch out restless limbs. keen eyes had been quick to pick out movement out of their furthest corners and she'd turn her head with mild interest to focus in on the distant traveller. it wasn't uncommon to spot wolves moving in this general direction due to the lake glimmering away on her other side so she'd let her attention drift from the other although not before noting almost subconsciously how they seemed almost reluctant to be moving in this direction-glancing back over their shoulder and moving at a slow unenthusiastic pace.

she'd simply blink and let her own head fall back onto creamy paws, having now turned to be facing the lake rather than the direction she'd possibly be heading in next. the shadows continued to descend rapidly upon the lands, the sunlight's warm hues growing weaker in the face of oncoming dark and the fae's tail tip would twitch with eager anticipation. eye's although seeming almost as dark as night holding an almost eerie gleam to them.

noise. her muscles would be quick to tense, ears swivelling to catch the foreign sound that had invaded her space. there it was, the soft swish of someone moving through grass and she'd narrow her gaze with concentration as she tracked their movement. they were rounding her spot and coming to the opposite side and for a moment she didn't move- if it were simply a loner passing by which it usually was she didn't want to get her ear talked off by some over friendly canine in need of company. however upon hearing them cease their movements she'd prepare to turn quickly when a quiet chuff sounded through the air. with this she'd turn in a calmer manner as it was evident the other didn’t intend on jumping her but she’d still eye them with an air of suspicion. she’d blink with slight surprise when she realised it was the wolf she’d spotted earlier, now that they were before her she could tell it was a fae of earthy tones and judging from her scent she seemed to be a pack wolf.

she’d stand in one fluid movement, pale fur bright against the gloom of the arriving night yet dark eyes matching it perfectly. the newcomer’s body posture was welcoming, tail wagging slightly so tundra would allow her tensed posture to relax slightly in return but she remained alert and prepared for any change of plans. she’d eventually break the silence “can i help you with anything?” despite her tone not being particularly friendly it didn’t hold any hints of hostility either and simply seemed flat and lifeless. her gaze remained narrowed but beyond that unreadable to prying eyes as her tail tip twitched expectantly where it rested low to the grass.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I am so sorry, this is like the worst post ever.

The woman with cream fur stood up at her approach, asking, ’Can I help you with anything?’

“No,” Grezig said. “I was merely traveling in your direction and did not want to startle you, or make you think I had bad intentions.” Grezig sat down in the grass, looking around for a moment before her gaze returned to the woman. “I am Grezig,” she said. “I come from a pack northwest of here—Blacktail Deer Plateau.” She turned her head to look over her shoulder back the way she had come, and then turned it back again. “Who are you?”
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
upon hearing the other’s response she would simply dip her head- making an effort to shove what she could only hope would look like appreciation into dark orbs. her keen gaze would follow the earthen fae’s movements as she sat, surprised at how much at ease she seemed to be in the presence of a random lone wolf she’d never met. perhaps not everyone presumed every wolf met was a threat until proven otherwise. it was a foreign thought to the ghostly woman and she’d tilt her head to the side as the other would even go on to explain where she’d come from without even needing to be prompted.

ah, a pack. that would certainly explain the uneasy glancing back earlier then. she would lean back on her own haunches although not fully allowing herself to rest- ears remaining perked atop her crown as she listened attentively. blacktail deer plateau, she would store the name and location carefully- not wanting to lose any information that could come in handy in the future. a slight hint of bemusement would ghost her features as once again the other would glance back over her shoulder at her distant home.

when she looked back and asked who she was, tundra would lift pale shoulders in a slight shrug. “no one of interest” she’d murmur. she’d glance off into the distant for a few moments, inhaling the cooling air before exhaling slowly and glancing back at her company. “I’m new here” she’d elaborate “just been getting a feel for the area and all that” a few more moments of silence and then “why travel so far from your pack? correct me if i’m wrong but you seem unhappy to be so far” it was a rare sight to see, tundra asking a question that left for more conversation but alas her mind had commanded it and she had obeyed. personally being quite the wanderer herself this seemed awfully close to be quite so stressed but she supposed everyone was wired differently like that.

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Have a very out of character reaction from Grezig. She wrote herself this time.

Grezig hated when, after introducing herself and giving her name, the wolf she was speaking to—whoever it was—did not give out their own name. What the hell was this cream-colored female trying to hide? Or was she just trying to act mysterious? Well. It was not working. Grezig looked down her nose at the woman and snorted in derision, deciding that this conversation might not be worth it after all. “No one of interest,” she repeated slowly, and then rolled her eyes. Then she grunted. 

’Why travel so far from your pack?’ the unnamed female asked her, then. ’Correct me if I’m wrong but you seem unhappy to be so far.’

Grezig raised her eyebrows at the female. “Why would I give you anymore information about myself if you refuse to give me your name?” she asked, knowing somewhere deep down that she was being a little ridiculous about this, but she couldn’t help it. Something about dodging a question about one’s name irked her. She wondered if the female was hiding her identity for some nefarious reason, or just did it to be annoying.

Tundra went inactive so I'm closing this.

Either way, the female offered her no further information, and in fact, had stopped speaking altogether. With another snort, Grezig turned and began the trek back to Blacktail Deer Plateau.

[Exit.]