Blackfeather Woods give me a crown of thorns
she whispers nothing but lies
25 Posts
Ooc — MUTTNGUTS AND CO.
Joining 
here she comes >:3 keeping this really vague
@Kove

after her encounter at the meadow, yew decided to retrace her steps back up and over the mountain. there was the recognizable lake waiting for her near the base of the mountain and remained close to the water’s edge as she trekked onwards.

it wasn’t long before she was led near a familiar wooded area. she peered at the distant tree line, trying to recollect where she’d seen them before. as she strolled closer she remembered that this was the same forest she’d past by a while ago. the pungent smell of blood had sparked her interest then, but it was not present now. she wished to take a shot at joining nontheless.

yew made her way towards the borders, but was careful not to step too close. she tilted her head upwards, calling for leadership. as she waited, she noted claw-marked trees.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
HIIIII

Deep within the woods, surrounded by crimson, Kove lingered. He sat within the Redgrove, gazing at the shrine of bones it housed and thinking back on the life that once mobilised them; though he thought no longer of the late queen every day, he still thought of her every now and again and wondered if he was managing her home well enough. Thus far, since the children were cast from the throne, things were well within the forest—but for how long that might last, he often worried and, on occasion, even fretted about. Worries are what led him there that day, to try and open a link with Meldresi, but he was unsuccessful; the time was not right, nor his offerings great enough, and an interruption broke his concentration. Pulling his gaze from the skull, he glanced upwards before standing and turning, heading off to respond to their guest.

Kove’s steps were light as he approached, having lived within the woods long enough now to have a great understanding of the ground each tree sprouted from. He hung back in the shadows, the ghost of the woods, and stared out at the female; he did not recognise her, nor could he see any threat by her being there. Satisfied with his findings, the Inuk continued forward and broke away from the shadows, the treeline crossed and his body fully visible. “Hello,” he greeted. “What interests do you have in the woods?” He assumed she was there to join—why else request the leadership?—but did not outright say so, considering, too, the possibility of her being a scout sent by one of their neighbours.
25 Posts
Ooc — MUTTNGUTS AND CO.
quiet minutes ticked on until she spotted someone watching her from a distance. his fur was stark white, it contrasted nicely with the dark woods that surrounded him. as he approached, yew dipped her head to return his greeting. “helloi am yew,” she stated calmly, “i’m interested in joining your ranks.

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Sorta cameo, proceed to skip me!

Shivali is not far when the call is made; it is not for her but it does not stop her moving in that direction. She doesn’t move with speed and comes to a stop when she sees the outline of a wolf through the trees. The depth and darkness keep her hidden, one ear turning in the direction of a quiet step and Kove’s scent lingering nearby. She licks her lips and remains in the background, watching as the dark master steps up and investigates the one that called.

After a moment, she steps closer but keeps herself hidden. Her steps are not silent and she hunkers down, watching from a rough view through foliage to determine whether or not the stranger is a threat; a hidden guardian to her leader.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The female offered her name, first, which was quickly followed by her reason—a potential recruit, it seemed. Kove’s posture straightened even more so, further cementing his role there; unnecessary, perhaps, though this thought was not one he truly considered. “I’m Kove,” he returned, hardly ever the impolite sort, at least. “What can you bring to the pack? What skills do you have?” But even politeness would not prevent him from questioning her further, needing to evaluate whether or not the woman would be valuable to the pack.
25 Posts
Ooc — MUTTNGUTS AND CO.
i can track.” she started, “prey, wolves, anything you’d need.” it was one of the first things she was taught when she was young and found it to be quite helpful from then to now.
i’m also a fighter, if that’s any use.” a skilled one, in her eyes.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Whilst those that could hold their own were common within the woods, those that excelled with the art of tracking were now few. There were no wolves for the male to track down, no one that he felt too terribly pressed—at the moment—to locate and be rid of. Prey, on the other hand, was always welcomed and necessary; there were mouths to be fed, children in need of nutrients, and so he could not deny them the chance of receiving just that. “Do you track herds or small game?” he asked next, curious. Although, honestly, the answer did not much matter. At the end of the day, a tracker was a tracker, no matter their preferred target.
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali does not stay hidden for too long, listening as they speak about the skills. The stranger is a warrior and a tracker of sorts, which manages to catch Kove’s attention. She glances over, watching as he considers and then further questions the skill in question. After a moment, wanting to hear the answer clearly, she steps up behind the leader on silent steps. Her distance to once side gives him plenty of time to acknowledge as she slowly moves closer, keeping an eye on the dark wolf on their borders.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
25 Posts
Ooc — MUTTNGUTS AND CO.
herds mostly,” she replied. she helped track in her homelands and continued to do so once she became a loner but the times she did so were slim to none. it was difficult to catch anything large with one, so she didn’t bother most of the time. her skill would be much more useful here.

another pale wolf emerged from the shadow of the woods. yew turned to nod to her, than back.

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Since Yew is PPC, just gonna wrap this up!

Shivali remains silent through the process. The stranger answers Kove’s question and she perks up, understanding what he’s said. She picks up words here and there from Kove and the other wolves, but it’s far from perfect. Over time, listening and practicing, she can get better but as long as she understands what’s going on right now, she’s content. The dark master seems to like the answer enough and accepts the brute in, She gives him one final scrutinizing glance before she sets back out into the territory.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads