Dragoncrest Cliffs I don't wanna be the right way round
26 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Joining 
helllllllooooooo! welcome one and all!

There had always been news coming from the claimed land within the Teekon Wilds. There were travellers who told the stories of the great Heda and her family. He had never fully listened, he had no inclination to travel away from his home, to travel far from his own family. 

But everything had changed. 

His spirit was lost. 

He found himself drowning in the pity of his packmates. His injury was defining him, and changing him ways he had no control over. He had no interest in the stories of the south, not until his life changed. Not until he had nowhere else to go. It was time to face judgement. Surely Heda would deliver judgement upon his spirit. Tell him if he was still worth anything to her reign, or at the very least end his fight in an honorable way.

In his weeks of rest, Armor was left to his thoughts and the idea of joining Heda in her claimed Drageda made more and more sense. To get away from his past he left in haste. Perhaps to hastily. His coat showed of his tough journey. Pulled taut against his bones, and dull to the eye. Armor had fought tooth and nail to get here, taking five to six weeks to make the journey from Maungeda. 

The journey had been brutal but he had held his own. He had become a scavenger, following the birds and making do with what he could. His lame leg making it difficult to hunt. He had no healing skill and at the moment could only hope the injury would heal over time. As of yet he had only made minute progress. His leg ached, and barely supported his weight. He had found it better to avoid using it all together.

Now there was hope in sight as he made his way along the border he could easily recognize as Drageda. He had been pleasantly surprised to find the @Rose girl on her way home. The chances of finding a girl from Drageda were slim and yet it had happened. It lifted his darkened spirit, giving him the boost to complete the journey. As he came up to the border he rested for a moment composing himself before letting loose a howl to the inhabitants of the dangerous cliffs.
When everone lies, telling the truth isn't just an act of rebellion. It's an act of revolution. So think carefully when you speak it, because the truth is a weapon.
Trigedasleng ~ Common 
~ Chronicler 0/5 ~ Scout 0/5 ~
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Meeting someone on their way to Drageda had not been on her list of things to expect during her little vacation but, the surprise was still a pleasant one, if only because it appeared as if she had possibly found a new patient. His gangly appearance had initially taken her aback. It was spring, prey was plentiful with newborns being easy targets amongst the choices out there and yet he was worn thin, almost sickly looking. She assumed it was that leg of his that was wearing him down, an unfortunate situation to be in but, it was his lucky day for he had just met the future best medic in all of the Teekons. 

Rose had observed what she could during their trip to the cliffs, watching attentively in the way he limped, the pace he walked at, the space between his steps and how by the time they reached Drageda he could barely support himself. She had tried her best to do what she could, mumbling small talk during the journey (while also casually tossing in the fact that she was an aspiring medic) to try and take his mind off the obvious discomfort it appeared he was going through. She paused for a moment when they reached the borders, taking a second to herself before eventually coming to rest next to his injured side in a silent show of support as he called for the leaders.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blix is close enough to come meet the howl quickly, intercepting before nomi or dio have a chance to arrive. she has not gotten to flex on official drageda business since her promotion -- it's not cheka but it's something, a sign that nomi trusts her enough to assign her to hedakru (which she values mostly for the affirmation and not whatever power the rank might bestow.)

when she sees rose with the stranger she stops short, fighting off a burst of irritation she knows better than to act on by now. besides, more pressingly: the man she's with doesn't look good. frowning, the shilkru straightens a bit and comes closer, tilting her head sort of at rose as she speaks to the man. "who are you and why have you come to our borders?"
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The call is made but she isn’t exactly close and doesn’t make much effort into getting there with any speed. It isn’t specifically for her but any call at the borders usually gets her attention and she moves at an easy trot. Their borders have been quiet, their neighbors nearly non-existent, and so she is curious what brings someone to them now. There’s not a second call to alert any concern, so either it’s a routine annoyance at the edge of the redwoods or no one has gotten there yet.

But as she gets closer, she notes Blixen on the wind, and eventually Rose as the ocean air pulls inward. The strange scent notes a bit of familiarity but not enough that it makes much of a difference. The large woman slows to a stop nearby, standing yards behind Blixen and further from the other two, watching as her daughter takes charge in the moment.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
26 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Armor was glad for the company for the last leg of his long journey. He had lacked companionship for six weeks as his voyage took much longer than anticipated. He spoke little to the woman that accompanied him, but her mere presence made him feel more secure as they travelled to the territory he was searching for and that just so happened to be her own home. 

His howl was answered by a brash young woman, which brought a small smile to his face. Dipping his head in greeting he rose to find Heda standing to the woman’s side. Even with the Commander standing close Armor addressed his reply to the young woman, allowing her to take charge of the situation. "I am here to seek the acceptance of Heda. I have travelled far from Maungeda to offer myself to the Drakru." 

He looked toward his lame leg for a moment, "I have few skills left to offer, as injury prevents me from using my skills as a warrior. I was hoping to find my fresh start here. If Heda would accept my humble offerings." He knew that he might get turned away. He waited with baited breath for a reply. His heart thudding in his chest.
When everone lies, telling the truth isn't just an act of rebellion. It's an act of revolution. So think carefully when you speak it, because the truth is a weapon.
Trigedasleng ~ Common 
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She remained quiet while they waited, occasionally shuffling back and forth to pass the time so that she wasn’t just awkwardly standing there. When the sound of footsteps finally caught her attention, Rose turned half expecting Heda or Dio but only found Blixen instead. Russet ears splayed backward while she looked towards the ground, unsure how to go about this now incredibly uncomfortable encounter. 

Heda, for the moment, went unnoticed and Rose, not wanting to make eye contact with the fiery shilkru, decided to just stare at the injured man instead. He mentioned something about Maungeda and being a warrior, but the part that interested her most was his injury. She could tend to the wound, if not heal it completely. She just hoped his handicap wouldn’t have him turned away since it didn’t look like he could survive the journey back to Maungeda.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blixen, for her part, ignores rose in favor of listening to the stranger's explanation, acknowledging nomi's arrival with a flick of her ear. maungeda ... she can't recall that one off the top of her head, but he seems legit. a pity about his injuries -- blix doesn't know how she'd feel if she was ever injured too badly to be able to serve as a warrior for drageda -- but she also values other skills. 

she nods, glancing back to nomi. "rose," she says, "you're planning on tending to his injuries?" her assumption based on their presence together. and oh yeah portia's pregnancy would probably put a pin in her doing medic-y stuff for a bit, though dalia might be around.. anyway. ultimately, even with whatever rose's answer may be, it's not up to the shilkru to make the final decision. she turns towards nomi, lowering her head slightly, offering charge back to her to make a call.
26 Posts
Ooc — Keg
skipping Thur with permission

The follow-up questions were not focused on him and so the man looked at the woman who had accompanied him. She had offered her skills to him, and wondered if she would hold true. If not he wouldn't be offended, there weren't many who made time for a cripple such as himself. 

Armor's grey gaze swtiched back and forth between the two woman. He knew the final decision was up to Heda, but this other woman had a great presence, obviously she was greatly trusted by their leader. He was patient, and in a better mood than normal.
Trigedasleng ~ Common 
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Russet ears sprung up when a question was directed towards her rather than the injured man. "Of course" came her simple reply that was quickly followed up with a silent nod of her head. She assumed with Portia being in her current state that all medical needs would be passed her way and considering she had been the one to bring him here, it was only fair she tended to his wounds.

Only time would tell if his injuries would completely heal, but for now it appeared as if he had a bit of luck with him and if that streak continued she was positive he'd be just fine.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The shared familiarity is only because of their origin, unable to recall knowing him prior to her life in Drageda. He seems close in age to himself but beyond that, she can’t place his appearance in any memory. The longer she spends away from Trigeda and the others, the more disconnected she feels from them. She does not have reign on them because of their distance, but they get along just fine without her. Any that wish to come out this far are often welcomed and, one day, she’d like to expand. With a second generation of Drageda at their fingertips, perhaps that dream is not too far off. More wolves coming from the north only help with that.

Blixen and Rose exchange a little but in the meantime, Heda steps up and sizes up the brute. His back leg is weakened and atrophied but the rest of him seems sturdy enough. He’s put his time into the other branches that there’s no reason he still can’t be part of them; they take care of their own, after all.

“What is your name?” she calls out over her daughter’s questioning with Rose, directed toward the brute in their shared tongue.
Trigedasleng · Common
26 Posts
Ooc — Keg
With the question swiftly answered Armor was starting to feel better about his choice to leave home. He wasn't sure what Rose's healing background was, but it didn't matter. He doubt there was much that could be done, if only to help her further her education, this was an opportunity for the both of them. 

As Heda stepped forward, Armor pulled up his form, almost coming to attention before her. "Armor, Heda." He dipped his head, submitting to her presence. He was used to a strict chain of comman in Maungeda, his warrior family had taught him to only answer when spoken too. Atleast with other superior to him, all others had to deal with his snark.
Trigedasleng ~ Common 
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
sorry! didnt realise it was my turn! last from me

rose affirms her question and she nods, looking over to nomi as armor finally gives his name. there's little else for her to do in the situation -- besides stand around awkwardly -- so she steps to the side, letting nomi take control of the situation and usher armor in, assuming he doesn't somehow manage to bonk everything up at the last minute. to rose she says "okay," offering a small smile. she'll linger by the scene until nomi dismisses her, either to show armor in (though certainly rose can handle that) or resume her patrolling.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
When he introduces himself, she nods, trying to pull memories to the forefront of her mind. While nothing (or no one) stands out in particular, he seems about the same age as she and it isn’t impossible she simply doesn’t remember. Maybe in time, something will press enough for it to return but for now she lets it go and looks between the two. “If you’ll help him get settled,” she says, looking toward Blixen, and then Rose, letting them decide who she’s talking to. “We will catch up another time,” she tells the newcomer and bids her goodbye.
Trigedasleng · Common