Silverlight Terrace heart bolt
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Tonight, his paws were itching and his heart was racing. He had scoured the slopes of their verdant mountainside, run amok on re-marking their borders, and still felt energy to burn coursing hot in his blood. Overhead, he noticed the moon was rather full, and the night was young, so he slung back his head for a short howl to tell his comrades before he went galloping for the valleys spread below. Usually, he'd try to rally up a sister or Gannet before he took off, but tonight he left it up to them to find him if they wanted--he had a need to just keep moving towards whatever goal he could find along the way.

A newly growing piece of him was keen to stretch his legs in this way more than before. New standing and responsibilities at home had helped bolster his confidence lately, and this played into it gamely. Along with a full year beneath his belt and new little siblings to help protect, the Ostrega was feeling bolder in recent weeks than he had ever known before. He was game to see more, and ever-curious to find out what he could learn out there, wherever his paws went.

He picked a forward route leading into the heart of the Silverlight, perhaps hoping for a hunt at best--not that one yearling packed a punch, but he was adaptable and fast enough. He could test his luck and he wanted a challenge, but nothing caught his nose yet, so he kept going, length after length away from the slopes. While he was out here, a piece of him stayed on the lookout for some of their misplaced faces: Vela's Drogon first of all--who he held a higher hope to--and then secondarily, the mysterious Lucy who he had not seen in some time, nor did he or his family have any clue about. Almost, he wondered if she did not want to be found--however, he was eyes and ears peeled for anything remotely worth venting his energy towards as he trotted over the moon-draped hills.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
tagging for visibility

today brought erzulie's first foray inland, and she had only paused with the smallest hint of trepidation before departing ironsea in the afternoon. the low croon of her howl belonged to @Smokestep, @Rosalyn, @Raptor — she would return, for the land along the brine had become hers. and yet the first mate had been absent from the shoreline. a frown tugged at erzulie's delicate features, but she continued into the wilds all the same.
the night fell in warm draperies; the mint-glow gaze of the harlot caught the gravid whitestone glint of the moon and held it. her pace quickened as emerald grasses spread out across slow rolling terrain; erzulie lowered her muzzle to scent the rich loam beneath, mouth curving in a swift, silent smile at the pleasure of the blades' cool texture, so unlike the sand of ironsea.
and when she lifted her slender countenance, the swab's gaze caught the rangy movement of yearling trotsteps: a creature of shadow and charcoal, and erzulie in their path. the woman made no move to veil herself or avoid the approach; her honeycream figure instead turned to more fully face the oncomer, rosebug tongue sweeping her jaws with interest.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
With night settling and by this far out, he had grown comfortable with a smooth cruise--physically, and in his mindset too. Beneath all the cool night air and the little subtle burn of exertion the hills asked of him and his stride (not that these were anything for such a mountaineer), he was feeling good. It was sight of some stranger that made him suddenly hyper-aware of his every single inch where before, he had felt like so beyond all that.

He slowed his gait to something slower, but longer in each reach of his legs and still  kept her in the center of his path. Something in him said engage, so he did, and when he got a little closer, he picked his tail up a touch for a hesitant little wag. He had the mountain at his back and that meant sure safety, and he used this to remind his confidence to stay put. So far, she didn't look to be teeth first but her coat colors were awfully distracting to him from his mountain of monochrome. Best be on guard. "Hey, hi," he grinned toothily, testament to his decent enough demeanor even if he looked kind of wary right after the words left his mouth and how unknown she was really hit him when his nose smelled all sorts of weird on her. "Why are you here?" he went on ahead and asked, still not coming to a complete stop.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the boy, all tones of charcoal with a piercing verdant gaze, flashed erzulie a charming grin. as he did not pause, the ironsea wolfess found his step and matched it with her own. "why not?" she rejoined, turning her eyes out over the darkened expanse of land stretching before them.
perhaps he wondered why a creature scented by the ocean was so far inland; erzulie waited a heartbeat before offering, "i have nevah explored dis part of the land before." and then, lapsing into a comfortable silence once more. it was the boy's turn to speak, and she busied herself imagining how he would respond, a lazy and amusing exercise.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
His ears turned to the unexpected inquiry she volleyed back at him, and, well, he quickly found he didn't have a real answer even as his sights followed her gaze into the dark reaching all around. Why, why not? In either case, he really supposed that swung well above his head towards something he could not say. Without saying so, he decided to just agree. "Guess so," he said, tail switching still. This was a good place, she had plenty of reason to investigate these hills further.

The yearling had learned already there was much to see for any willing to go after it. "Never? It's.. nice. Quiet. Lots to hunt for usually." When he was often the most disruptive matter around, he could consider that a good plus, and now was one of the times.

Picking up on a few implications, between her words and scent alike, with how variegated her coat was too, he went ahead and asked: "Are you from far away?" He veered just a little closer, nose aimed at her first. He knew the sea plenty through his father's tellings, but never with his own nose. The connection was not quite fully formed yet, though he definitely marked it as very curious.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she did not take his succinct answer at displeasure; the youth simply turned his attention to other things. herself, for instance; her countenance warmed beneath her allspice mask. "nevah," erzulie confirmed with a wry glint of teeth in a smile that remained as she pondered his next inquiry.
"yes. i live at ironsea. i be right along de watah," the harlot added, unable to keep from indulging the sable creature's intrigue around the salt-scent she carried laced into her pelt. "it is not so fah," erzulie went on, turning her mismatched gaze upon the boy, noting the lovely hue of his own gaze, "but my captain, he be a pirate."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Even the way her words weighted came differently, piquing his curiosities anew each time. He had to listen closely to really catch all it brought--and of course, he zeroed in on what he did not know well. Ironsea was one beginning, which served to further bait his interest in the coastline. It just had to be, and to find it was not far? His head tilted though he nodded too. Good to know.

He saw the seas on the horizon so often.. but from so far away, he did not know for real what it felt like underfoot, and to breath deep the brine. When she went on next, he blinked. "A captain," he repeated, curious enough to try to understand better. Sounded esteemed, so he drew his assumptions from that. "What's a pirate do?" he had to ask.

"I'm from the mountain," he offered too, not specifying which exactly.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie smiled, keeping pace with the boy as he inquired after the doings of a pirate. "dey raid, up an' down de coast. dey pillage. but dey are loyal t'one ano'ta," the harlot explained quietly. a handful of moments passed before she tipped her muzzle curiously toward her young companion. "i be erzulie," the chai-tea thing murmured in tones that softly inquired after his own name. 
pausing only a second to glance at the stone teeth that rose into the air, she gave a small arch of one brow. "an' what mountain is dat?" a teasing edge had added itself to the nature of her words; erzulie hoped the boy would not take offense, but suspected his continued intrigue.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
With his ears still perking hungrily, he dipped his snout appreciative of an answer that kept the intrigue, and interest, well alive. He heard about other families here and there, other packs that went off and did their own things wherever (none of it ever really sounded that fascinating since he lowkey turned his nose up to anyone not living on the mountains so far anyway), but raiding and pillaging up the coast sounded almost like the stuff of legends.

Knowing this did not make him any more certain of how to regard her exactly. When not of Moonspear, and yet of the seaside that he had been made curious about from a very early age.. he simmered some odd, quiet conflict in how tight his lips ought to be without knowing sort of relationship his parents and older sister fostered with the other packs. Or wanted to. "Moonspear." Jarilo answered, eyes bright--proud, and loyal too as he felt every piece a product of the verdant mountainside, but leaving the rest out.  Nosy, and unable to let a certain topic slip by un-harassed:  "Is there a lot of that on the coast? The raiding? I want to see it up close one day soon--the sea, I mean." but he paused a beat. Did she have places to be? He hoped she wouldn't let him stall her exploring. "Don't let me keep you if y'wanna keep going." Especially if she had ground to cover before turning back to home once more.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the boy did not rejoin with his name; to this she took no offense. "moonspeah," the harlot repeated in gentle tones. perhaps once she had heard the name before; it was not the sum of what held her interest currently. the long-legged boy was far more intriguing than talk of his own land. "aye," the harlot purled to his restrained question.
"how can you see dese t'ings when you live on de mountain?" erzulie teased her companion lightly. in response to his polite inquiry, the woman gave a careless roll of her nutmeg-dusted shoulders. "it be a good night in de company of a striking creature. i am where i want to be." 
here now she turned her gaze full upon him, softening it with a low smile as she waited for the boy's rejoinder.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He's quiet, though nodded gently. Her tones make it sound so foreign but it is home and his pride in it is not going anywhere. As for the details, of how he intended to see the sea some day well ahead of him, he had not reached a conclusion. First, he had to get there. "We'll see," the yearling answered, suddenly pressing his ears back, before springing them up again in a waver of indecision. Sight, and scent of her combined, reminded him of the here and now--not some day later when he managed to get it together to go see for himself. The details could come then.

Which.. his sights traced the roll of her shoulders, making his head tilt ever so subtly at the mention of a striking creature. Typically quick to run his mouth, he oddly found few words too available. I am where I want to be. Somehow, "Me too," felt far, far too clunky in return to her but it spun (spilled) forth all the same. He could agree, hesitantly--since he toed uneasily towards overwhelmed, but the curious wolf in him was eager to test his footholds, evidently.

He pricked his ears up and well, he just really wanted to agree with more than just his stance alone so his tail waved a gentle, small beat. He couldn't complain. "Do you want to see more of the valley?" he quipped instead and lifted a forepaw, newly keen to take to real motion. "I'm Jarilo." he added, eyes bright.

what a shitty wait i am sorry. )8 i could totally fade if you'd like
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
no worries! i'll fade this <3

gone was his trepidation; erzulie smiled. sentiment ran deep in young ones, regardless of gender. to his inquiry, she dipped her head; to his name, she held briefly his eyes. jarilo. the syllables of it ran together like water; she found herself rather partial to it. and soon his strong dark legs were setting their path and their pace; beneath starlight they traveled, and communed until moonspear and ironsea called, respectively.