Kildeer Rest After that, I need a meal.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
All Welcome 
All welcome, I’m just getting to know how this character will work.
Khali woke up the next morning to take off toward the grassland in need of food. Last night made no sense to him. It was weird that the female would run away, he understood that he was a bit harsh after his night terror but she seemed so frightened but not by his actions. He hoped to see her again to know why she ran away, to know why she said she wasn’t always privileged. 

With these thoughts on his mind he caught scent of a rabbit trail and put his nose to the ground. The grass was parting and his nose was attracting dirt as he breathed in and out to find the rabbit. Up ahead he noticed a thicker rabbit chewing some grass, his body was low to the ground as he peeked over the tall grass to see it in a clearing beside a boulder.

Khali moved forward only to see the rabbit look his way and hop off. His chances of finding it in the tall grass were slim to none, he needed food to refuel for the day. It was hard to find something that didn’t run away so far away from him. He was frustrated not just about this rabbit but about the she-wolf from last night and their interaction.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
to some, the life of a loner is harsh and undesirable, but not for zeus sure, traveling aimlessly and going hungry for days on end wasn’t all that great, but not being shackled down by his former pack felt marvelous.  being your own boss, doing whatever you please with no authority breathing down your neck, that’s life. and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

the scent of nearby prey was enough to rise the king from his slumber that morning. by the smell, it wasn’t anything big but still something worthwhile. he dropped down low and followed the trail until he spotted a rabbit. that and something, someone, else. another wolf, probably out to snatch his food. zeus couldn’t see anyone, but his suspicion was confirmed once the rabbit got spooked and darted in the other direction.

the king shot up up scanned the field with irritation. his eyes locked onto a tawny pelt and growled. “that was mine.

186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali let out a sigh. His ears cupped forward as he heard a growl and was told that rabbit was someone else’s. The male wasn’t in the mood to fight over what would have been just a snack, “Well, it’s no ones meal now, I guess.” He said as he moved toward the white wolf. He was curious of who he was and how long he had been there stalking the rabbit like he had.

He stopped a few feet away from a pearly male, making sure to keep enough of a boundary between them so if he needed to make a decision whether to fight or flee he could. So far, he just wanted to find out why he thought that rabbit was his, and how long he’d been here watching him.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
yeah, no shit,” he hissed. as the stranger moved forward so did he. zeus had no intention to fight, but he was on the edge. it was just a rabbit, sure, but it may have been the last thing he’d be able to eat for days for all he knew.

you’re lucky i’m not in the mood to tear someone apart kid,” he scoffed, “otherwise you’d be fucked up by now.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
hello I'm here w some gasoline for ur fire
Trudging through the plains separating his home and the ruddy valley, Alarian had not expected to find another. He had definitely not expected to find two others. The slim boy spotted them from a distance, down-wind and hopefully too far off to be noticed for now.
The Governor watched for several beats, reading each of their expressions. From scent, he knew they were both male— neither of them seemed pack wolves, either. When the white one's face morphed into something like anger, light steps drew Alarian forward quickly until he was within speaking distance of the pair.
Something wrong? He inquired, stiff and business-like; if they wanted to fight, they could do it somewhere other than basically on his doorstep, thanks.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
As the air felt a bit more tense, Khali's hackles raised almost instantly as a precautionary measure toward the male. He wasn't willing to fight over what just happened, but for his life he would. "Just calm down, it was just a rabbit there's plenty more around here anyway." he said trying to defuse the situation as another male walked up to the two. He carried himself differently than them, as though he was a leader of sorts. 

"Nothings wrong here, just a disagreement over a rabbit." he stated plainly and glanced at new male who just showed up. If this situation could have gotten any worse, it would be him because he has that kind of luck. As his body calmed itself his hair smoothed over.
“Swahili” is in blue, he tries not to speak it so no one will know his past.
italics are A flash back or in his head depending on the wording of the post you’ll know.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
he smiled when the male raised his hackles. it gave him a rush of power and a feeling of stability over the situation. “you better hope there is kid,” he rumbled.

he was going to leave it at that, but the arrival of more company promoted him to stay. by the smell, he was from a pack and by the posture zeus could guess he had to be important from wherever he came from. there was a chance that he’d just messed with someone from his group, but he smelled like a loner.

and who are you?” he asked in his usual rude fashion.

unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Every time Alarian fled from the Sanctuary, it worried her.  It did not matter how short he intended his excursions to be — she always worried that she would have to find him, that he would not come home.  She followed her brother through the sweeping grassland, accompanied by birdsong.  Had there not been some kind of commotion she would not have revealed herself, but it did not seem as if luck would be on her side.

Wordlessly, she appeared next to her brother, on edge from the tension in the air.
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Immediately he received two very different answers; one stranger seemed to be explaining— or convincing, rather, while the other was a straight up ass. Great. Alarian resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He didn't mind the tan male, but the blue-eyed one needed to leave. Quickly.
The leader of the pack you're pretty close to, His voice was flat, but not hostile yet. If you're here to make trouble, I suggest you move on. The Governor glanced at the more respectful of the two with a warmer expression, nodding once but only to him. When his gaze turned back to the pale stranger, it was cold again.
His sister appeared silently at his side, surprising him but not startling him. For the moment, he was too tense, too focused on the situation to startle easily. He flicked an ear to acknowledge her presence, but did not look away from the white wolf.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Sorry for almost intruding on your lands, it was an honest mistake.” He said giving a nod back after the male gave him one. He was being truthful, something he isn’t usually because he doesn’t particularly like packs but he wasn’t in the mood for fights just yet today. He does notice that a smaller wolf popped up beside the male, by its smell it was most likely a female. This situation has escalated more than what he ever thought would have happened, but it was fine as long as no one got physical, he’s low on energy and couldn’t handle a fight. 

Khali could tell that the Leader was a little harsher toward his acquaintance, but that wasn’t his business as long as things stayed verbal. He still wondered who this female was that almost came out of nowhere. Khali kept looking at everyone, eyes shifting between the female, Leader, and white male. Just seeing what else was going to happen.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
his assumption was correct, he was indeed a leader. “common loosen up,” he said with a chuckle, “just hunting, no trouble here.

his eyes glanced over to the newest arrival. she was part of the nearby pack as he could tell. and that was his cue to leave. “but if you’re gonna get all defensive about it, i’ll be on my way.

zeus took a few steps back to space himself from the trio. he didn’t want to turn his back, just in case they tried something. once he was comfortable with the distance he turned around made a quick exit.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
There was more to this than she had caught, it seemed — but she was glad she had arrived when she did.  As the hostile male made his retreat, Lanawyn called out to the other.  Are you alright?
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
edit: woops, I didn't even notice this was Ali's 400th post!
It's fine, He assured the tan male, watching the other retreat with no further comment. The Governor glanced over him, adding after Lanawyn's comment: You're more than welcome to stay as long as you'd like. After all, he hadn't been disrespectful— nor had he seemed to instigate the prior tension between himself and the white male.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
He watched as the pearly male made his cautious exit and rightfully so. Khali shook his head like he was disappointed in the male, it was a disagreement taken over the top and a bit childish to him but it was fine. His ears made a move upward as he heard the stranger of a female speak to him, it sort of caught him off guard. 

I’m alright I suppose. I was trying for a rabbit and then he showed up made a fuss, then the Leader here showed up and then you.” he chuckled a bit at the situation but he understood why they showed up. “What about you, are you alright, you kind of popped up behind him out of nowhere.” Khali asked softly, he didn’t know if maybe he scared her or the other male did. Maybe if she was just checking the borders with the Leader. He was more relaxed now that the hostile male was gone and could be a little more open.

He looked at the male and gave a warm glance. “Thank you”, his voice was soft, he wanted no trouble because so far he couldn’t handle it. It had been a while since he’s eaten and after this interaction he’d need to find food.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I'm fine,  she said with a shrug.  Alarian's right.  You can stay as long as you need.  Though I don't think you'll be finding any prey soon.  The tension in the air, while dissipating, could still be felt — at least by the empath.  Our pack is nearby, and I thought I would just check things out.
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian almost laughed to hear himself referred to as "the leader". Well, he wasn't wrong. Technically. And it was sort of funny that he asked his packmate (and sister, though that wasn't immediately clear) if she was okay, right in front of him. He was quiet for the most part, allowing Lanawyn to handle things; clearly she was feeling more talkative than he was. Though, he couldn't resist slipping in: We're the Bracken Sanctuary. If you happen to need anything, we're just north of here at Broken Boulder— or if you know anyone who needs anything, point them our way.
They had to get the word out somehow, right? Hopefully it would actually work.
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Prey... the one thing he wanted more than anything right now and the female just crushed it, although she was right, she crushed his hope. He let out a tiny sigh and looked at them both. “You’re right, I won’t find the one thing I do need, prey, I haven’t ate for a while.“ He said his voice had some sadness in it. The Leader did talk and Khali nodded, one thing he was good at was keeping his word. “I will point them your way if I find anyone that needs help. You guys seem nice for pack wolves.” He couldn’t help but slip that in there, usually he’s pretty hostile toward pack wolves but they had helped him with the angry male so the least he could do is be civil. “I hate to ask, but there is something I do need, do you have any prey to spare? My energy is low and I’m afraid this female is right I won’t be able to find any tonight.” he felt bad for asking but it was worth any shot he had.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
skipping Lanawyn with permission!
Nice for pack wolves, huh? Alarian simply took it to mean he had had some negative experiences with pack wolves— not that it really mattered. As long as the dude didn't stir up trouble, Ali didn't care if he thought all pack wolves were shitlords.
'This female' is my sister, Lanawyn— but yeah, we've got plenty to spare. A place to sleep, too, if you need it. Follow me. He gestured towards Broken Boulder; his words had not been unkind, but there was a certain firmness to the first few. If they were going to feed this guy, he could at least be courteous. The Governor nonetheless offered a friendly smile and a curious glance to the stranger, turning to lead him towards their home. What's your name?
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
As Alarian spoke he realized that he may have taken a step over the line, but at least now he knows both of their names and can address them properly. “It’s nice to meet you both. Thank you for this, I sure do need a place to sleep if you wouldn’t mind a little company, and my name is Khali” He said and gave a nod to both Lanawyn and Alarian. They seemed to nice for pack wolves to him and it gave him a headache to think about it at this point. Right now he was just worried about the food and shelter, the rest would come later. As the Leader started off toward his home Khali stuttered his paws a bit to follow them but he did get into a nice steady stride after a few steps. 

Khali thought about the way he acted toward them telling them they were nice for pack wolves, probably not the best thing to say. His past always caught up with him it’d be a matter of time and he knew it but he needed the energy to keep up with it. He was grateful for these two wolves and he would make sure they knew. He warmed his gaze and smile to the two as they traveled.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Boy, the Governor was spiky today.  Gratefully, she brushed up against Alarian, giving him The Look.  The corner of her lip twitched imperceptibly, whiskers swaying.  You are welcome.  Please, stay as long as you need.  We don't mind the company at all, Khali.
7/5
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping this up here!
He was quick to put the previous few moments of tension behind him; after all, this Khali dude seemed nice enough. Likely he hadn't meant anything by it, Alarian thought, and was happy to leave it there.
You can stay as long as you'd like, The Governor echoed his sister, tail swishing. As they drew nearer to the borders, he glanced again to the male. Welcome to Bracken Sanctuary, Khali.
From there, Lanawyn apparently had things handled— not that he was complaining. Alarian was more than happy to wander off and, uh, do whatever he did when he wasn't dealing with pack stuff.