Silverlight Terrace Hummin' To The Air
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel needed to go, he had neglected his duty as a scout. Visiting other places and such. So now, he had places to be and he headed towards some mountains he had spied among his travels once. He moved along them, humming at the top of his lungs. Humming his favorite song, about miles and a big number. Humming to the empty air. 

@Gannet
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet had started ranging more. Not far - they weren't a huge pack, and he knew he needed to stay close in case something happened. But enough to begin forming a map of the area around, and to begin enjoying some of them.

The terrace was one of his favorites... pretty enough during the day. But at night, everything seemed to glow (including him, as he walked, though this he didn't know). So today he was there, intending to pass the day hunting and tonight enjoy a walk among the ghostly stones.

He was gnawing on a bone when he heard the humming, and his ears pricked. What was that? Picking up the toy, he strode forward, towards the noise, friendly and open. They were close to the mountain, but not on it, so Gannet saw no need for aggression. He was just curious... who was making the music?
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel had come a long way. Or at least he thought it was a long way. He made his humming louder, as if he wanted to make everying near him hear his wordless song. He was almost humming the words themselves, getting closer to actually singing them. 

He was so focused into the hummed song, that Engel missed how slippery the rocks were as he moved along them, a paw slipping. His humming was gone and he cursed uner his breath.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
And suddenly, the noise was gone. Gannet frowned, continuing forward until he found himself on a ledge. Looking over, he spotted another wolf traversing the rocks, and his tail began to wave. Was this the source of the music?

He bounded down a few of the stones, now used to the terrain with months of living upon the Moonspear. Then he paused, barking a cheerful hello to the fellow.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Once Engel had regained his balance he started off going along again. And he was about to get back to humming again, when he heard a bark. He looked over, and barked back a greeting, stopping where he was. "Hello, hello up there to you" he greeted with a bit of a sing song voice. "You from around here?"
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet nodded a response to his question, then gestured up. "The mountain." He peered curiously at Engel, tail high and waving behind him. "Were you making that noise?" He'd enjoyed it if so. His voice was kinda musical even just talking, actually. Interesting!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked past the wolf, up the mountain. Was there a pack up there? Way up there? He shivered, not wanting to but he had to meet this pack. For his duty in Ironsea. "That's high, realllll high" he found himself saying, looking up before his eyes came back down. "Yep. Humming my troubles and worries away."
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet nodded, happy that he recognized the impressiveness of the mountain! It still struck him as super cool they lived so high... he didn't know if it would ever wear off. Gannet had always been fond of heights though. "Where'd you learn it?" he asked about the humming. He knew howling, and music some. But he'd never heard the melody hummed like that, and it intrigued him. It was like a quieter singing, and that appealed heavily. Maybe he could try it out.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel supposed that the other meant the song he had been humming. "Used to meet some dogs. You know, those owned by the furless ones" he said back to him. "I know many songs, I sing a lot. And rhymes. And poems. Even a riddle or two" he added, grinning to himself.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Dogs?" Gannet had never heard of such a thing. Furless ones? He was intrigued, but it was too many questions to ask right now. So he stuck with the last one.

"What's a riddle?" He'd never heard of those either, but the word sounded interesting.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded. "Like us. Except...with differences." At least the ones he'd met were like that. And some were not so nice. 

"Uh...think like a puzzle. With words...let me think an example...I got it. What has roots, but does not grow. Yet reaches higher than trees." It was a rather simple riddle, one he thought they might get.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet definitely didn't get the riddle. He almost came right back with tree, because that was the only thing that could possibly have roots that he knew of. But trees grow. Unless they are dead, then they don't.

"A dead tree?" He guessed, smiling with interest at the game. Even if he was wrong, he found he quite liked this new way of playing with words. Despite the fact that it didn't make a whole lot of sense quite yet.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He opened his mouth, then closed it. A dead tree, he hadn't even thought on that before. "Think again. It's a lot closer than you think" the older male responded back to Gannet. Something they were on, something very close. That never grew, and had roots.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet really tried this time, thinking hard. He didn't know what else besides plants had roots. He'd heard the saying once or twice that wolves could have roots, but wolves also grew. So it wasn't that either.

"I dunno," he said, but he smiled. "It's a hard game. I like it." If he found an answer he'd have to tell Hydra. She'd probably like it too, they both enjoyed something challenging. Likely she wouldn't give up even as readily as he had.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Once the second attempt was made, he gave the answer with a grin. "A mountain! Right down to it's roots" he said, gesturing to the bottom of the mountain. "I can tell some more. There's a lot I know." And sometimes he made them up...more than half the time however those failed and made no sense.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
That didn't make any sense. "A mountain?" Did a mountain have roots? He wouldn't have gotten that in a million years, but one would be hard pressed to find something that frustrated Gannet.

"I can try another," he offered tentatively, if Engel would be willing to give another to try that is. He was beginning to kinda understand the idea of it, and it really was a fun game.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"You know...bottom of a mountain. Root of a mountain..." Maybe that term wasn't used around here. He wondered what another could be. He had to think. And one struck him. "What am I? I always run, but never walk. I often murmur, yet never talk. I have a bed yet do not sleep, and have a mouth yet do not eat." This one was by far one of his favorites of all.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh. Oh oh oh!!! Gannet's face lit up - he knew this one! "A river!" He said delightedly, sure that had to be it. Rivers had all those things he knew. And were terrible, but that was another thing.

"I'm gonna tell Hydra that one," he added, delighted at his new game. She was gonna love it. "Thanks!" This stranger was good! Gannet was a fan.

((Ok with wrapping? Since both are out of game!))