Stone Circle So I got edges that scratch.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Anyone feel free to jump in. :)

Brynn was growing restless. It had been almost a week since her hunt with Kegana, and she had been taking it easy to allow her wounds time to heal properly. Luckily, they weren't too bad. They had already closed over with new, bright, pink skin. They were still tender, and she would probably wait another week before attempting another big hunt. 

But, taking it easy was very hard for her. She had tried to remain at her den, but quickly grew tired of that. She was used to being productive and was now feeling a little edgy. 

Feeling she was up to the task, she had spent most of the late morning and early afternoon patrolling the borders of Easthollow. It was cloudy and cool, but the sun occasionally peeked through, briefly casting its light on her thick coat. She made sure to lay fresh scent markers wherever necessary. She also made sure to leave claw marks on any trees she came across. She couldn't be too thorough, especially with Valette giving birth barely a week ago. She hadn't been by to see the new pups yet, wanting to give the new mom plenty of space. She would probably wait another couple weeks before venturing that way. Right now, she would settle for helping the only way she could; by protecting the borders from trespassers or anything else that could present danger to the brand new pups or any other member of the pack.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Kegana had yet to find herself a den, she often found sleep at the base of trees, or underneath the branches of bushes. The nights were getting warmer, and so it wasn't to much of a hardship, she supposed she would have to find her own den at some point. 

When she wasn't hunting she often found herself at the border. As she made her way to the edge of their territory, Kegana picked up the strong scent of Brynn. Putting he tracking skill to the test, she did her best to catch up to the woman. As she came into view Kegana offered a chuff and a small smile.

"Brynn." The mongol called as she came up behind the woman.
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
As she moved along the borders of her pack's territory, she found herself thinking about how her life had changed so much and in such a short amount of time. For the last year of her life, she had spent her days constantly on the move; her only purpose to put as much distance between her and her homeland as possible. Even when it was clear that she had traveled far enough to have achieved her goal, she moved farther away still. But arriving here and joining a pack had given her new meaning in life, which she was beyond grateful for. Every new day here brought with it the the possibility that she could have some semblance of a normal life again. 

Her packmate's scent hit her before a chuff from behind confirmed Kegana's presence, as well as rousing her from her contemplative state. Her ears perked in interest and as she began to turn, she heard her name and watched as the other wolf approached her. 

Brynn nodded her head once in greeting before saying, "Hey." She returned Kegana's smile with a friendly smile of her own. As the other wolf grew even closer, Brynn asked, "Out patrolling, too?"
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She was pleased to see Brynn out and about, as Kegana came closer she ran her keen gaze over the woman's shoulder. "I am, yes." The pale woman nodded, "How is your shoulder?" She flicked her head to indicate the healing pink flesh.

It appeared as though she had disrupted the woman's thoughts, and hoped that wasn't the case. "Shall we." The mongol took a few steps forward indicating they should continue. "You can't be to careful with new pups." She gave her small reserved smile.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
"They seem to be healing well," Brynn replied, thankful for the consideration. She was also thankful there had not been any problems with the healing process, although she was itching for another hunt.

Brynn gave a quick nod in response to the other wolf's invitation and continued walking, glad for the company. "Agreed," she responded to Kegana's comment about the pups. She, too, felt protective of Valettes young pups. She walked in silence for a few minutes before saying "We should hunt together again, soon." She grinned after saying it, excited at the prospect of a future hunt.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
hey sorry for the wait!

Kegana was glad to hear her friends wound were healing well, without sign of infection. She nodded, and sent a silent thank you to the Eternal Blue Skyy for protecting this kind woman. "That is good to hear." The mongol smiled reservedly. 

The princess paused beside a bush, and threw herself into it, rubbing her body against the tree to leave her mark. 

"A hunt without injury would be more fun." Kegana teased the woman slightly, and took a moment to offer a quick sideways glance, and a more relaxed smile. Perhaps she was getting used to this whole showing emotions thing.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
NP!

Brynn waited while the pale wolf spread her scent on a tree, leaving another scent marker on the border to ward away intruders. 

As thy continued their patrol, Kegana joked about hunting with no injury and Brynn chuckled at the comment. "I couldn't agree more." She was glad to see her packmate's smile, and offered a smile of her own in return. 

Taking a cue from The other wolf, at the next tree, Brynn proceeded to rub her scent all over it. She dug a little at the base of the tree for good measure. There was no mistaking the clear message it sent; No trespassing. 
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
It was turning into a splendid day as she spent time with the other young woman. "Tell me of yourself Brynn. What brought you to Easthollow?" Kegana wasn't sure if it was a happy story or not, but she was keen to know everyone and their story. The mongol had a way of remembering peoples stories, and she was curious to know more of Brynn.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn tensed at her packmate's question. Her story was not a happy one and she hadn't confided in anyone other than Howl. But, she would't lie. She was closer to the pale wolf than any of the other wolves in the pack aside from Howl. She figured the topic would come up eventually. 

Finally, she let out a sigh and answered, "My parents were killed and I had to flee. I spent a long time as a lone wolf until I came here. I met Howl soon after my arrival here and he asked me to join his pack, so here I am." She may have rushed the story a little, wanting to get the uncomfortable words out as quickly as possible. She had tried really hard to accept her past and move on as a stronger wolf, but it was not as easy as it sounded. Lately, her memories had began to act as unwelcome intruders into her dreams, turning them into nightmares. She wasn't sure why, but she had a feeling it was because she had things that she cared about again, and it reminded her of all she had already lost. 

"What about you?" Brynn asked Kegana, eager to change to the subject from her painful past.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Kegana's keen gaze had seen the tense of her companion, she knew tough stories and so she didn't pry at the rushed story. They had a long time to learn more of each other, and this was just the first step. The mongol nodded along to the story, a serious expression settled on her face. Kegana tried to empathize with the woman, although she hadn't lost any family, at least not that she was aware of. 

The princess remained regal in her response to her question turned back on her, her emotions strongly shielded behind her reserved royal gaze. She kept her ocean eyes forward, "I was taken from my homeland, that was almost four maybe five months ago now." Kegana was hesitant to speak of the humans, it was still a deeply traumatic event for her. The creatures often invaded her own dreams, and was one of the reasons she had found it difficult to settle into a den. It was easier to evade if you were linked to a fixed den. 

She had learned over conversations throughout the last few months that Mongolia didn't mean anything to anyone. Which only reinforced the distance between her and her home. "I'm from very far away." Kegana gave the woman a minute smile.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was grateful the other wolf didn't ask any further questions. She soon realized it was because her pacakmate appeared to have had a painful past as well. 

Concern crossed her face at Kegana's story. She felt for the pale wolf. It seemed they had both been forced from their homes; the situations may have been different, but the outcome was ultimately the same. They both now found themselves as strangers in a new land trying to create a life again. "I'm sorry. That sounds awful," Brynn finally responded quietly. She didn't say anything else on the subject in case, like her, Kegana didn't want to go into detail about the traumatic events of her past.

She nodded her head in agreement to Kegana's last statement before adding, "It seems we have that in common." She wasn't sure where packmate had come from, but she could relate to the feeling of being far from home.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
50 TO YOU yaya!

Kegana appreciated the woman's empathy, their similar backgrounds was also a comfort. There was obviously a reason they had crossed paths with each other, and they had become fast friends. The mongol had only had two friends in the past and she missed them dearly. As he friendship with Brynn grew Keg was feeling more and more at home.

Pausing their walk againg, she checked a recent scent marker placed by their beta Stark. Finding it strong enough she moved on. 

"How are you liking Easthollow so far?" Kegana knew she had no intention of ever leaving, Valette had been very good to her, and she couldn't wait to see the new additions to the pack.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Yay! :)

Once they had started walking again, Kegana had inquired as to how she was liking their new pack. "So far, it's been good. I feel like I have a purpose again," she replied as she rubbed up against a tree spreading her scent on the trunk. "I'm glad I accepted Howl's offer," she added smiling. Her joining Easthollow was only one of the reasons she was glad she had met Howl that day, but she kept that particular thought to herself. 

"What about you?" Brynn asked still smiling, "How are you liking it here?" She hoped her packmate was feeling as good about being here as she did. It was nice to have a another wolf with similar interests to share her time with.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
How was she liking it here. She had asked her question so freely that she hadn't thought of her own response to the same question. Taking a moment to think of her reply, Kegana nodded her head. "I have found it very different from my own home, but I think I have found a place where I might set new roots." She had found that she liked Easthollow more than she thought she could. Originally she had only settled because of the great loneliness that had set in her heart, she knew that she could survive on her own any longer. But now that she was here, and she had been accepted, and welcomed into the family Kegana found that she would never want to leave. She had found her new home. And she was greatful. 

"With you here Brynn, as a good friend, and Valette as a great leader I think that I have finally found my new home." That was the greatest praise she could conjure for the pack here at Easthollow's.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn listened to Kegana discuss how she was settling in here, making sure to leave her large paw prints in an area where the ground was soft enough to hold the imprint for a while; it would serve as not only a scent marker, but a visual one as well. 

She grinned at the pale wolf's next statement. She thought of Kegana as friend, too. She was glad to have made at least one friend in the pack since coming here. "I feel that way, too, friend," she replied, bumping the other wolf's shoulder with her own. This place was definitely staring to feel like home, which was something she once thought she would never have.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
wrap up?

Kegana offered a small smile at the nudge. She was glad to have stumbled upon Easthollow. And suddenly guard patrol had a new meaning, she felt a very strong pull to protect all within. This conversation emphasized that strength. She foudn comfort in fulfilling this duty as border patroll with a good friend. She couldn't wait to see who she might met next.
pawprints 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sounds good!

When they came across the tree she had marked on the beginning of their patrol, it was clear they had come back to the beginning of their patrol route. She looked to her friend and lifted her towards the heart of the territory implying that she was going to head back now. 

Smiling at her new-found happiness, she turned and headed away from the borders, assuming Kegana would be close behind.