Broken Boulder A generous thought
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
All Welcome 

As he followed them back to the Sanctuary, the scenery was changing, but that was the least of his worries. This male has suffered from triggers of his past for a while and one of the big ones was pack related things. Khali was headed right into the heart of his fear, it’s something he’s uncomfortable with but he values his life over his deep rage for the privileged ones. 

His ears flicked as he felt his stomach rumble, three days was a long time to go without. Slobber dripped from his mouth as he thought about what food they must have. He snapped himself out of it as it was rude to act that way in front of others, that’s what she would say to him. His head lowered a bit as he thought about her, he hid his scar from the two so they wouldn’t ask questions.
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
PP with permission, paging @Alarian for visibility.

You're awful quiet, you okay back there? she called, exchanging a glance with Alarian.  The cache is here, just up ahead.  Lanawyn gave her brother a nudge.  I've got this, if you want to go meet up with Delight and tell him that we've got someone who will be staying with us.

Alarian gave her a pert nod and went to find the Chancellor.  As Alarian departed, Lanawyn slowed to move side-by-side with Khali.  This is the Sanctuary, she told him, and as they arrived at the cache, she said, Help yourself.
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali nodded at Lanawyn as she asked him if he was okay, he was in his term okay. He could smell the cache as they came upon it, the sweet smell of food was music to his taste buds. “Thank you, this means more to me than you think.” he said giving a bow of his head in thanks and then a small smile. 

After giving his thanks he walked over to a smaller deer that seemed to have already had some bites already out of it, that was fine with him he didn’t need a whole lot to fill him. “Would you like some?” he motioned to the deer with his tail to Lanawyn before he even thought about taking any. This was something that was burned in his mind by Muuguzi she let him eat, but he had to ask her if she wanted it first. Not as harsh as it seemed but there were consequences if he didn’t. He waited to eat for her response as he moved the carcass in between them.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
You're welcome, she said with a slight smile, ears flicking behind her.  Take what you need.

Lanawyn watched as the man dragged a felled hind between them.  That is very kind of you.  I believe I will have some.  She bent her head to eat alongside the newcomer, although she ate like a bird and it did not take long for her to have her fill.  Will you be staying long, do you think?  Her eyes grazed over the dense cream of her pelt, the sesame smattering of guard hairs on his back.  He was pretty, but she knew better than to get attached.
7/5
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali watched her eat, it was graceful, more so than he’d ever seen before. It wasn’t long before she said she had her fill of it. “That wasn’t much” he joked before she asked him the one question he had yet to think about, how long was he staying?. “I’m not sure, I’ve never had a loving family. I guess if it suits me, I can stay around a while.” he said, his demeanor changed when he said family. That was something he never had and felt he never would.

After he talked he ate some of the kill, most of it actually. Three days since he had eaten and the carcass had him feeling bloated after. He liked the company of this female, she seemed to take interest in getting to know him. He hasn’t noticed anyone like this before, maybe he would stay a while... maybe. “Tell me about yourself Lanawyn?, if you don’t mind.“
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I am small, I don't really require much, she teased, offering a wink in return.  We are all family here.  The pack, and even the outsiders — our borders are open to all so long as one doesn't seek to cause trouble.  She smiled warmly, but it dissipated with his question.

Nothing she had to say would Khali have wanted to hear.

I like to collect wildflowers, to dry and press them.  I like the smell of rosewater, and often bathe in it.  Like the wolf version of perfume.  I like to scout, to roam over the land and find new wolves.  Hopefully, that would sate his curiosity.
7/5
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Khali listened closely, she seemed interesting this she-wolf. As he heard her say they were welcoming, he had noticed that around here and felt comfortable at this point. “ I see, it seems as though everyone is close here.” He said his voice was soft this time as he met his eyes with hers. 

She told him about her interests, flowers, bathing and pressing. It caught him off guard, but it wasn’t too out there. “ Do you keep them?” He asked interested in if she keeps the pressed flowers or if she gives them away. As for bathing in rose water, he sniffed the air around her and confirmed with his nose. His eyes widened it was a good thing, a scent that was alluring to him something he’d never really smelled on a wolf before. 

I could come with you and help you roam if you wanted?” he amazed himself with what he just offered, he had never actually been close to anyone since he was taken from his sister. Anyway he still was looking into her gleaming eyes, waiting for a reply from her. It was one he had hoped would be a yes for he’d want to get to know her a little more.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Do you want us to rank you up? :)

Yes.  Sometimes, I use the pressed flowers to color the walls of my den, but for the most part they are just.. pretty..  It was embarrassing, but it was the truth; he could take it or leave it.

Everyone is close here.  We make an active effort to make sure everyone feels included.  Her thoughts turned to Ioa, the smell of ash on her pelt — no — 

Sure.  I was going to go back to Morningside and check in on them, they sent a scout here when we first formed and I'd like to return the favor.
7/5
186 Posts
Ooc — AMA
Sure! :)

Khali nodded at her response to his question, he’d never heard of painting with flowers before. Interesting. He made it a point to ask later if he could see these paintings, they sounded cool. This could be the place for him, the place he needs to make him feel at home.

He nods again as she said they make an effort for everyone to feel included. “I feel comfortable here” it was an awkward wording for, I feel like I like it here. But Khali has never been good with words and interacting with pack wolves. 

​“That sounds like a nice plan.” he said as he stood up. It was out of his mind that the she-wolf he previously had an encounter with when he had one of his back flashes was residing in Morningside territory, but right now he wasn’t too concerned with it either.