Dawnlark Plains A love at long last
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Birth had drained Catori more than she had expected and she found herself more reclusive than she'd ever wanted to be. There was also the cruel spike of unexpected jealousy and concern; both Aviana and Pema were pregnant and while she was fond of both it was competition for resources. She'd whelped early enough that she hoped her own children would far without stress but what if they'd overloaded themselves? Worry left her more sensitive, and more despondent, and the Spiritwalker hated it.

She reclined herself in a patch of sun and watched her children playing, occasionally offering snippets of stories like the most sacred of treats. She couldn't help but relay the adventures she and Chelan had embarked on in their youth; their playful encounters in 'mystic worlds' of shadowed lairs and worn out hollows as epic as any fable she knew. She wished she could share her children with her brother, but, she doubted now she would ever lay eyes on Chelan again. With a little rapid blink she pushed the thought away as quickly as she could. She was tired of being melancholy. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Having been busy with helping Skraeling out and his newfound affection for Aliac, he hadn't really taken the time to go see Catori lately. He had things he wanted to talk to her about, one of which was Aunt Seelie who he absolutely adored even more so after having hunted with her alone. The other things were more personal and he wanted her advice on them. So he went out to hunt, nabbed a fat woodchuck and carried it back to the birthing den where he hoped to share a meal with her. 

Spotting her in a sunny patch he chuffed softly and wagged his tail, almost nervous that she'd turn him away. "Hey mom...You hungry? I just wanted to visit because we haven't talked in a while" he spoke warmly, using the term mom without hesitation. She had of course earned his trust and love as his mother.
Birdcatcher: 4/10