The Sunspire and when they faded, they died in the night
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

her father's body lay cooling near the borders, and methodically she cleaned the blood from her muzzle, her chest. she had no interest in even attempting to hide what she'd done, nor was she ashamed, afraid. it was not her actions she sought to shroud but just what had spurned them on, the cold, hopeless fury that itched still beneath her pelt. that was something to reflect on later, a thought to hide away until she could pull it out and examine it thoroughly. likewise, so would morals be examined.

in her carefully grooming did she find the time to pull together an explanation, should one be needed, to become less aware of the way her blood pounded. the beginnings of a headache pressed at her temples, and rapidly fading adrenaline had her feel heavy; so different from the cool focus of her rage, it's warmth and sureness. again, a later thought, one much lower on her priority list.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her heartbeat raced within her chest as she swallowed down the bile that had risen in her throat. The stench of blood was heavy upon the wind, leading her to the body of a strange man still warm but cooling fast. There was a bloody scent leading away that she followed now, in a creeping frightened way tail tucked between her legs.

Finally she spotted the obsidian girl cleaning herself and paused, eyes wide and uncertain. Why had this girl attacked the strange man? Was she nuts? Would she hurt Hyacinth? "Beg my pardon ma'am but I...um...i tracked you from the body. Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" she asked while her eyes scanned the girl on their own, checking for injuries on her own. The blood was nowhere to be foubd but the stench was strong. That wasn't what scared Cin though, it was the eerie calm radiating from this woman who had just killed another.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she found that if she did not think of it too long, or consider the many moral implications of her act, she could keep it at a careful distance. and so she didn't, logic compelling her to howl shortly for @Rannoch, the sound leaving her throat in a rush of rent up breath that wobbled a moment before ringing true, only to be cut short by the sudden arrival of some girl she'd hardly met. 

the svartell paused a moment before dipping her muzzle to watch as the stuttering girl struggled to let words fall from her muzzle, surveying her once before deciding that no, she had no idea what her name was. it occurred to her then, that surely if the woman had found the body so quickly, so would her mother; especially since her father had called for her - a call she'd intercepted. she veered dangerously close to considering morals and thus pulling the act near to her conscious once more, and thus immediately disregarded her train of thought, knowing suddenly that she should have stayed, should have faced his last breath. 

it occurred to her that she had yet to respond to the girl, and she offered a sharp, "I'm fine." if whoever-she-was had bothered to track her all the way here, that must mean that no one else was present, no one to alert Rannoch and the rest before her. she would have bothered hoping that that meant her mother had not yet seen the body, yet some selfish part knew that if she hadn't, it would be up to her to tell her, surely.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth kept her distance her whole posture tense and rigid, fear wafting from her in waves. She had no reason to be afraid of this girl except for the mere fact that it was obvious she had killed the man. When the other stared at her in eerie silence and then snapped at her Hyacinth flinched slightly but forced a smile onto her maw. "Alrighty. I'm Hyacinth. Medic." she responded with an introduction, noticing how silent and still the girl was and beginning to wonder if perhaps she was in shock. Maybe a distraction would be a good thing. "I haven't gotten around to meeting everyone at Sunspire yet, What's your name?" she asked with a friendly wag of her tail.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the girl flinched, but the star-child could hardly find herself willing to care about hurt feelings when her father's blood tasted metallic against her tongue. nor could she find herself caring much for the waves of fear practically surging off her; to recognize and try to diminish them would be to normal, too much effort, and to find satisfaction in them would be uncomfortably similar to what she would very much expect from one of the Wood's wolves. and thus she was silent on the matter, giving no indication that she noticed and yet very much doing so. 

the girl forced a plastic smile onto her muzzle, chirping out a quick greeting that Cass found slightly unsettling. no more mention of the body, of the blood, the man she'd killed. her expression shifted a fraction when she continued, unsure of what to make of the cheery meet-and-greet the girl seemed attempting to initiate. some kind of way to cope with what dismal evidence she faced, the death? at least she didn't know who lay dead, but at that - perhaps, like the star-child did just now, by ignoring the act she could come to terms with it. 

"cassiopeia." she offered, the name sharp as it left her tongue, yet more subdued than her previous words. tongue curled once around her fangs, seeking to obliterate the lasting residue of blood, before adding,  "guardian." murderer.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The longer she sat with her forced smile, the more it dawned on her that she shouldn't have come. In no way did she have any actual reason beside morbid curiousity to follow the trail leading away from the body. She was obviously not wanted here and besides...the eerie calm way the girl seemed to look was disturbing to Hyacinth who had never ever even laid a single paw against another wolf much less killed one. "it's..nice to meet you Cassiopeia. I'm sorry we didn't meet at a nicer time. I'll go then...someone should probably do something about the body" she said softly and then stood, turning to leave.

Unless Cassiopeia says otherwise, Hyacinth will leave now! She'll probably be semi wary of Cass btw xD

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she allowed the pale woman to leave as quickly as she had come, not bothering with a goodbye. she sunk onto her stomach, half curling in on herself. a headache branched out from her temples, and exhaustion settled heavy atop of that. her maw opened a fraction to pull cool air down her throat, as the blissful effects of shock began to dissipate and the star-child found herself alone on the chilled rock, staring out at all that lay beyond and unseen.