Broken Boulder believe
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
for @Ulf

Since Eris had emerged and Lanawyn had left the building, she'd been patrolling more often, stocking the caches with herbs apletny.  She was no medic but there were (probably) some in the pack other than Alarian — and yeah, she should probably start introducing herself since she was the Governor's sister and all.  

She sought out the dog, since her brother had been spending a lot of time with him.
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He was usually easy to fond because, despite the time that passed, he stuck out like a sore thumb here. The wolves all topped him in size and their colors were (usually) more earthy than his own. It was a particularly overwhelming thing when he didn't recognize anyone either. Which pretty much meant if it wasn't Alarian he was likely to get pretty flustered pretty fast.

Hallo? He asked (rather than really greeted) softly at the wolf that was closest to him now.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Fortunately for Ulf, Lanawyn was exceptionally waifish with a petite build that rivaled her mother's.  Most wolves dwarfed her as well.

Hey, she greeted, Ulf, right?  She gave a smile, her eyes grazed over his pelt.  He was pretty in a way she could admire respectfully from a distance, but pretty nonetheless.  Alarian's friend?
7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He smiled at the fact that this one seemed to already know him. That would make things a bit easier for the wolfdog. His head nodded. Yes, Ulf. Alarian's friend. All of what she had said was true. He did not question how she knew or how much she knew for he wasn't that deeply concerned. She seemed nice and didn't ask mean things.

Who you? His tail gave a few waves as he patiently waited for her answer.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Oh no, he was sweet, too.  Alarian had done well by allowing the dog into their ranks, even if she was a bit weirded out that they all kind of just had a dog now.  I'm Eris.  I'm Alarian's sister.  She smiled at him, flicked her tail behind her.  Do you like butterflies?
7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Oh. Alarian's sister. No wonder she was kind and didn't ask mean things.

Eris. He spoke her name in gentle tones, testing it out for himself. It was nice. The canine appreciated shorter names that were easier to remember. Ulf likely would have kept thinking about her name had she not asked him a question. Bu-butterflies? His brows briefly tucked together in thought at the peculiar name.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Yeah, she could definitely see what appealed to Alarian about the strange dog-man.  Yes.  Would you follow me?  She took a step or two away, towards the Paradise Garden, where the butterflies would still be swarming 'round the wildflowers.  I can show you.  It is very pretty.

7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He didn't think twice about moving after her, eager to see the Butterflies she spoke of. His head bobbed at her words like an eager child because, despite his age, he was still very much like a child. Especially when it came to the wilds. Want to see. He verbally spoke just in case his agreeance hadn't been clear enough for her.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

He followed easily, without any protest, and she couldn't help the warm fuzzies that arrived in her cheeks and stomach.  What an easy friend!  What good company!  Okay, she said, just to make sure that Ulf knew he had been heard.

She ambled lazily towards the Garden with Ulf in tow, and peered through the trees.  Do you trust me?  She was excited, she wanted it to be a surprise.  Close your eyes, you can hold onto my tail.  When I tell you to open your eyes, you'll see one of the most beautiful things you've ever experienced.

7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Her question caused a soft hum to fall from him before he nodded his head. He gently held onto her tail between his teeth, being careful to not bring any pressure down onto it. Ulf knew he would feel awful if he had hurt Eris who was being kind enough to show him something supposedly one of the most beautiful thing he'd ever experience.

With her tail between his jaws, he closed his eyes tightly. Patiently he waited to be led by the kind Scholar.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Here's a fun fact:  Eris generally thought she was the most beautiful thing anyone would ever see.  But Paradise Garden was a close second.  She led him slowly towards the pastel-swathed patch of land, and when they arrived, a butterfly landed on her muzzle.  You can open them, she whispered, trying not to scare it off (and failing).

Butterflies littered the air, and the occasional fat bumblebee landed on whatever flower it deemed the best.  A cool breeze swept through the field, causing the flowers to ripple like water.

7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Her words caused him to release her tail, taking in a slow breath before letting his eyes peel open. All at once his senses were overwhelmed - colors, scents, and lifeforms he had never experienced before. The breeze didn't help as it caused movement to the flowers that littered the land. Everything was so...alive.

I...I... He didn't know what to say. Words failed him and he felt a bit flustered from all the beauty that had suddenly overcome him.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

And that was okay.  He didn't need to know what to say, because his expression was enough.  She was pleased with herself a little bit, but mosty she just felt good that she had brought happiness to her brother's little dog friend.  She should.. probably stop thinking of him that way.  To Ulf.

Yeah, she said, reclining onto her haunches.  Isn't it nice?

7/5
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
While his company reclined, he took a few tentative steps forward. A few butterflies flittering away in search of somewhere they wouldn't be disturbed by the canine. Without a word, he lowered down to his stomach as if he was trying to hide amongst all the wildflowers. Nice. He repeated the word with a lazy grin on his face. His tail whipped about over his back as he sniffed the flowers at ground level. Ulf could be here for some time just to take everything in.

hurt hurt hurt me more
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Both of the canines were content with their discovery.  Lanawyn joined him among the wildflowers and rolled onto her back, exposing her belly to the sun.  So long as Ulf was content, she would remain there... and possibly after he left, too.  It wasn't long before she dozed off into a peaceful slumber next to the Sanctuary's resident companion.

7/5