Dragoncrest Cliffs I am the cosmos
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Private 

The sensation of being moved around by her mother caused Coy to wake up. She whimpered (pitifully, mind you) but didn't complain beyond that. Her little squished nose tested the air, soon bumping into one of her siblings while her mind shot the sensation of color directly into her brain.

Sequoia snorted, then her tongue left her mouth and she licked the sibling's fur that she'd been smelling a moment before. It did not taste like the sweet, thick milk she was used to putting in her belly (in the short hours she'd been alive). Instead, it tasted bland and uninteresting with a hint of dirt.

Without eyes, she could not see. Without ears, she could not hear. Her nose and tongue were working as intended, and they would serve her well enough for now.
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Her first few hours were a cozy blur of sleep and warm milk. Too worn out from arriving here, she did not begin to put up any fuss or even move her whole self all too much until at this most recent rearranging of pups. Opalia was keeping it to a minimum even then, and when she started to get the urge to feel around a bit and "stretch her legs", a bigger need took over and said, no, drink up!! instead. So, she did.. wait.. she tried to.

She wobbled her head around looking for teat and instead bumped into nothing except the dirt floor or the open air space--which was a strange sensation to behold still. Beside her meant siblings, as she just tested out to go headbutting her way into Sequoia's rump, and not really any food; not even close, so she kept searching, which meant scooting herself all up all over her sister's business then.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
I'm so sorry for this horrible delay, I've been so busy with France and life has been kicking me in the ass, so please excuse this shitty post.  xD

His life, in a few short hours, had become a cycle of wail, drink, sleep, repeat. For the time being, however, the ashen newborn lay quietly at his mother's side as a full belly attempted to lull him into slumber. He mewled softly to himself, content, until someone rudely bumped themselves directly into his peaceful, personal space.

Sharply, Dacio cried out as a litter-mate parted her jaws and tasted the feathery grey fur of his flank. He wriggled in place, having not quite figured out how to co-ordinate himself, and tried pitifully to move out of his sister's reach.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
cameo!! ignore ur mother and continue being adorable <3 feel free to PP her movin you around

babies squirmed and wriggled and whimpered around her, which was nothing but good news to the second-time mother. of course, they were all agitating one another and therefore being a bit loud, but there was no harm being done. if one of the babes moved too far away, portia would merely scoot them back towards her, but for now she left them be. she watched them with calm green eyes, content and far too happy to be bothered by anything else in the world.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
More movements, which caused the little lump to squirm this way and that. The decidedly lime sibling was scrambling all over her while the other one attempted to squirm in the other direction. Sequoia seemed to be caught right in the middle of it all, and she mewled again, seeking attention from one of the larger beings who seemed to settle these kinds of things.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Despite such mighty efforts as this, with a twist this way then that while she went on ahead onto her unlucky sibling, her wiggling was getting nothing good done. If anything, it was only awkward. When all else failed, she whimpered pitifully and tumbled off onto her side, away from her sister and actually the entire puppy puddle itself with that little bit of momentum she caught. 

This new space between them, although small, and very fleeting thanks to an attentive mother nearby, came as a shock and she squealed some more about it when it really set in. For the first instance of her life, she had scooted just a bit and there was no one right there to bumble into--she only found chilly spaces and dirt floor, and ever fiber of her everything decided that it felt terribly wrong!!

Almost as quickly as it had gone wrong, she was righted, though, and her fussing quietly slowly as she could feel both her siblings right next to her again--likely doing their own thing like always. She didn't make much of a move though, and instead, stilled peacefully to regroup and recharge after that distance had happened to her.
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
His attacker did not pursue, and the only boy of the litter seemed to successfully escape being licked to death. He scooted comically from his siblings, actively seeking a quieter place to snuggle up and assume a well-earned nap.

Despite his initial want to be away from the offending little bodies that'd been by his side for the entirety of his young life, Dacio found himself gripped by an awful anxiety in their absence. He mewled, uncertain, though in his shuffling he was soon to regroup. Pressed firmly to Opalia, the ashen newborn pressed his darkened muzzle among her velvet fur to coo to her with greater appreciation. 
"Trigedasleng" "common"
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I hadn't intended for this to be a long thread, so I'm gonna fade myself out here. :)

For all that ruckus, things quickly went back to normal. Warmth and contentment soon settled into Sequoia's bones, and she let out a tiny sigh as her little wolf brain started to drift off into sleep. In these early days, about all she could do was mewl and sleep, mewl and eat, mewl and sleep, and so on and so forth. In the coming weeks, Sequoia would become much more interesting and entertaining to be around.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
Within her tiny span of all things, it had seemed like far longer, but she settled down within a few breath's time. Everything was back to the way it should be; though she did utter a soft little mewl when she felt her brother snugging up against her at first. When she realized it wasn't a bad thing, and that his company was a welcome warm sort of familiarity, she felt herself still comfortably again. 

Made much cozier by him being near now, peace reigned in her then.  Helped along by the collective chill the litter had found once more, Opalia soon drifted off to join her sister in sleeps.
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Fading this.  :)

The world soon settled and as a result, Dacio felt his stress seep away. His sister did not object to the closeness of him, seeming to bundle up alongside him for comfort and warmth. Following all that commotion, the boy's jaws parted in a mighty yawn as he felt the sudden need for sleep sweep over him.

Warm, content and lost in a sleepy haze, the ashen newborn's tiny toes twitched happily as he floated from reality into the world of slumber.
"Trigedasleng" "common"