Heron Lake Plateau our eyes (ting ting) like glitter and gold
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
All Welcome 

me @ me: stop making new threads!!
me @ me: YOU DON'T OWN ME!!!!

Hoping for someone she hasn't met, but also AW.  Multiple welcome.

Ceara was thankful for Raven's guidance.  Thus far the various scrapes across her legs from her literal run-in with Nevouku seemed to be healing well enough, although she felt bad about how many herbs she was using.  

She set upon the water's edge with the intent to find more herbs to restore the medic's cache, especially since the alpha was pregnant and Ceara really didn't want to see her have to do a lot of work.  It was the warmest day she had experienced in the Wilds thus far, though the sun was being smothered by the clouds and the air hung heavy with humidity.  Soon, it would begin to rain and she would like to seek cover before then... but you know.  Werk werk werk werk werk.

Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
It had taken Niamh a few days to recover from the constant headache, after slamming skulls with Screech, but when she finally woke up without a throbbing or dull pain behind her eyes, she was thankful. Of course, she'd been warned about the after-effects of concussions, and that her symptoms might return over the next couple weeks and get worse before they got better- but the brief respite was nice, and she hoped there was no guarantee she'd actually start to get the other effects, like light and sound sensitivity or more headaches. All she could do was drink lots of water, do what Raven told her to do, and take it easy. Not an easy thing for Niamh to do, considering she'd just had to 'take it easy' after spraining her ankle, which had since healed. It'd been a rough couple of weeks. 

She decided to go and see if Towhee was at the Roost, so she could update her with all the shit Screech had put her through, but instead spotted an unfamiliar wolf in the distance. It wasn't as though this was just another greyish Blackthorn, which could have been mistaken, from a distance and from behind. No, this was someone who was definitely new to the pack, and the only one who looked like that. She was reminded vaguely of Wildfire, but this female had a much darker dorsal stripe, and fiery highlights to her pelt. She approached, taking note of the female's lighter markings, as well as the pretty dark lines along the underside of her eyes that framed her cheekbones as well. Niamh felt lightly jealous of the female's striking markings, which bore some semblance to those a fox might have- save for the fact that most foxes would have had dark points. 

"Heya," She said, as she approached the water's edge. The female bore traces of othr scents in her pelt that were familiar, so she could only assume that she at least had permission to be here, if she wasn't in the very least a new member of the pack. She cast a glance up at the sky, to get another read on when the rain might begin- as surely it would, on such a heavy, humid day. "I'm Niamh; you must be new around here, hey?"
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Remember that thing where Ceara was a total late-bloomer and was just kind of starting to find others attractive?  Well, if Ceara was into girls (which was yet to be decided), she would've been into Niamh.  She turned around to come face to face with the prettiest butterscotch eyes.  Whoa.

Eh! she confirmed dumbly before remembering that not everyone knew about her dumb slang terms.  She cleared her throat and got a grip.  I mean, yeah.  I'm Ceara.  The dragon's eyes grazed over the downy golden fur of the other girl, the splash of cream on her undersides.  Was that natural?  Surely, it was unnatural for another wolf to be so.. striking.  Was this what other people felt like when they came into contact with her wildfire hues?

I joined not too long ago, but I've mostly just been.. you know, workin'.  Right now I'm looking for some herbs for Raven since I seem to keep getting into trouble.  She raised her cut lip and her gashed paws before rolling her shoulders like it wasn't a big deal at all.  Minor trouble, you know.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
The response she got was somewhat affirmative- or, at least, Niamh would've assumed so, but if not, it was simply a surprised noise. She went on, though, to confirm Niamh's suspicions and introcude herself as Ceara. At first, Niamh was tickled by the name- it sounded a bit like 'sear-uh,' which was kind of cool, given the colour of the female's pelt, which resembled the colour of flames. Flames would sear anything they touched,and her pelt looked like writhing flames, especially when she moved. If anything, knowing that it was fur made Niamh want to touch it, just to prove to herself that the female's body didn't emanate heat. 

She'd been so distracted by the layers of red and gold in the female's pelt she hadn't even noticed the injuried she sported. It looked like she'd gotten into something- those didn't look like bite wounds to Niamh, and she winced slightly, and nodded. "Jeez, you did find something sharp, didn't you?" She noted, empathetically. She raised one eyebrow as Ceara tried to brush it off, and laughed. "Girl...I'm the same way," She said. "I got a concussion, just the other day...I guess we're both keeping Raven busy, heh. Can I help you find...Things?" She asked. Niamh had absolutely knowlege of herbs- so she was hoping at least Ceara knew which ones were the right ones to find.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Yeah.  Dude ran into me after I challenged him to a squirrel catching contest, and we ran straight into a thornbush.  Come to think of it, they'd never decided on the winner of that challenge.. but considering how terribly Nevouku had failed, she assumed that it was rightfully her.  Harrumph.

Niamh's nature was complementary to the firebrand — had she known, never in a million years would she have guessed that this was the wolf that Colt had said didn't have a sense of humor!  Um, sure.  I don't know very much about plants, so I mean, you could grab whatever looks useful, too.  But there's a grove over here that Raven showed me that I was going to check.

She motioned with her nose and began to amble in the direction of the grove.  Did you say a concussion?  Dude, what even happened?  Obviously she was okay, otherwise Ceara would've asked that.  Thanks for offering to help.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh's ears flicked back when Ceara described what had happened to her. That sounded awfully familiar...And she wondered to herself who she might have been talking about- who was it that she'd challenged to a squirrel-hunting contest. It didn't sound like something Screech might do- so maybe Tegan? It didn't sound like Colt or Quixote, either. Out of the four of them, though, she guessed either Screech or Tegan...And Screech was the one with the poor depth perception, due to only having one eye. She'd put her money on him, for sure, with that thought- and wondered vaguely, with a tinge of jealousy, if it had been Screech that Ceara had been with. 

When Ceara spoke about the plants, she chuckled. "Uhm, I'm sure I could pick out some pretty things- but they might not be useful. Do...Do herbs tend to smell more strongly than normal plants?" She asked, as there was a light, earthy scent that hung about Raven's pelt. Maybe that had something to do with it. They moved toward the grove, to check for herb-like plants there, Niamh picturing Raven's face when she was presented with a pretty but useless bundle of flowers. 

But she was distracted when Ceara asked her about her concussion, and she nodded. "Yeah, it was...Well, probably kind of funny to see, but like...Really hurt at the time." She said. "I was tracking some elk, and that dipshit Screech like blundered right into the bull elk's path, pretty much throwing off my cover, so then we both had to run. I tried to just headbutt him in the ribs- y'know, because he pretty much fucked up my tracking job by pissing the bull off- but he dropped his head at the last second so we kind of...Rammed each other." She said. "I was out before I even hit the ground." She said, with a wry huff.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Congratulations on 200!

She tried to remember everything that Raven had told her about the yarrow they had found the other day.  It's called yarrow.  It grows in clusters, and has bright white flowers.  She didn't recall if it had a smell, though, and she hoped that her description would be good enough to follow.  

Screech?  No wonder the Redhawks didn't like that dude, seemed as if he were always getting into trouble.  Yeah, so when Raven recruited me, there were these apple trees.  At the time, they were just good and ripe.  Well, I met Screech and he didn't know about the orchard, so I took him out there and I'm pretty sure he got drunk.  That thread hasn't finished yet, so that's all Ceara was inclined to divulge for now.

Yours definitely sounds worse.  You're like, okay though?  No lasting.. uh.. concussion effects?  Dude, that sucks.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Yarrow. From what it sounded like, Niamh pictured wild daisies- because those were the only white, wild flowers she actually knew the name of. She'd had a childhoos sweetheart who used to put them in her fur when they played, so she smiled fondly at the memory, even though it made her prime her eyes to search for daisies, rather than yarrow. 

Niamh's ears flicked to the side when Fire shared her story about Screech...So she'd met him. Niamh sized her companion up, then, and wondered what had transpired. No doubt Screech had taken notice of her, with her stunning looks. Niamh did her best to swallow her jealousy and found herself nearly choking on it- why should she be jealous at all? Screech was an idiot. He'd given her a concussion, ad now lived in her den where she had to take care of him while he slept. "Drunk?" She asked, "Like...What's drunk?" The concept was pretty new to Niamh, who had never even considered eating an apple. 

She stiffened a bit when Ceara asked about her symptoms, and with a tinge of pessimism to her voice, she shrugged and answered. "Not as bad as it could be."
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Come to think of it did wolves have a concept of drunk?  Had she known of Screech's condition (which she would no doubt soon hear) she would have been more careful with her words.  It would have made her unbelievably nervous to know that directly after he had gotten headfucked, he'd gone and done it again and was now comatose.

Thank God she didn't know yet.  Like.. I don't know.  She wanted to preserve some of Screech's dignity, if she could.  He was like, having trouble walking.  Slurring his words.  She shrugged, swallowing the feeling that she had been caught red-handed doing something she definitely shouldn't have been.

She noted the change in Niamh's mood, too, and she stiffened in turn.  Oh.  Had she somehow ruined this friendship already?  SHe felt like she was suffocating, so she decided to take Screech's approach — You're really pretty.

And then she died on the inside, a lot.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Ceara explained a bit what drunk meant, and Niamh felt a bit more jealous, knowing he'd been that silly with someone else. A frown came across her features when she thought about Screech slurring his words. It was just the way he'd sounded right before he'd gone unconscious. Ceara seemed to sense that something was off, and tried to change the subject, but it didn't quite work on Niamh, who bristled slightly, out of embarassment, at her compliment. What she'd intended to say next- and what she'd been referencing- was that a concussion wasn't nearly as bad as a coma. 

"Uh...Thanks," She said. Then what? Was she supposed to just change the subject back to the fact that Screech was out? Obviously, if Ceara knew him- and had had some silly fun with him, she ought to know. She gritted her teeth for a moment. Should she say something? She wasn't obliged...But word would get around to her, even if it wasn't from Niamh; and as the one responsible, or at least inadvertantly responsible, she should probably be the one. 

"He, uh...He won't be slurring for a while." She said. "Screech is out cold. Still. He's in a comma." She said quietly, and immediately felt a tug in her heartstrings. Sure, she'd agreed to look for some herbs- but she suddenly felt the need to get away- partially because of the awkwardness created when Ceara had tried to change the subject just when she was about to drop the 'comma' bomb on her, and partially because she didn't like leaving Screech on his own. She shook her head. "Speaking of him, I've gotta jet. I'm gonna go check in on him." She said. And, much like the wolf she'd just mentioned, she gave Ceara a quick nod of her head, opened her mouth to say something- maybe something positive- but nothing came to mind. "Seeya." And she did exactly what she'd learned from Screech-

She turned on her heel and fled the scene.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh.

Everything kind of hit Ceara all at once as she stood alone on the edge of the lake.  She didn't have time to open her mouth before Niamh was gone.

She gathered the yarrow for Raven, dropped it off in a cache near her den, and got back to work.