Broken Boulder the soul serene
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
Private 

the children are surely due any time now -- delight feels worse, somehow, with that event horizon looming, but he's not callous enough to do what he really wants to do and bury his head in the sand for a bit. so he spends the morning catching a hare, his thoughts dark and mutinous, to take to @Queenie. even if he doesn't feel like it, he can at least play the part of good father-to-be. besides, he actually does miss being around queenie -- like they used to be back at tindómë, before the, y'know. everything. 

hare in mouth he makes his way to the den site -- assuming they have a den site by now, they probably have a den site by now, right? -- to give it to her and make sure everything is, at least, status quo with them.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Yes, they did have a den (they, meaning Queenie and company, sans Delight), but it wasn't much to look at. There were some of the necessities — herbs and the like granted by local healers, along with flower buds here and there to bring the scene together — but for the most part, the space was barren. As Queenie's belly swelled to capacity, she began to wish that she was, too. 

Being so close to their due date, Queenie wasn't able to hunt for herself, so any offerings were much appreciated. That being said, had Delight not thought to come with a hare, and he might have been swiftly chased away by a very emotional mother. You shouldn't have, she cooed as he approached, hesitating not in taking the gift from him, But you did, and I'm starving.
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

as he hands over the hare he glances around the den -- it seems.. empty, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be? it's not like he has any experience in the whelping department. as long as queenie's content, he figures. "i can get more," delight offers anxiously, his tail thumping against the ground as he takes a seat. "how d'you feel?" he asks, scanning her face for any outward sign of distress -- not that there's much he can do for her at this point.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
No, Queenie sighed. She didn't need anything that would make her any bigger than she already was, no matter how good it happened to taste. I feel fat. And achey. I also feel like a bitch, she joked, hoping that the two of them hadn't become so somber that they couldn't still enjoy a good joke (well, a half-joke). The two of them were about to be parents, like, to actual children; they'd have to get over whatever this was if it was going to work. 

If they wanted it to work, that is.

You feel okay? Not nervous or anything? Queenie asked, hoping that Delight would give her something that she could work with.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he hasn't been in the mood for quips, lately, but looking at queenie's face, his thoughts echo hers: there's children on the line and he has to make it work. so he shuffles and says in a low murmur, hesitantly, "well that one's not new," a fragile smile curving his mouth to show he's kidding, just kidding with her. (well. sort of.) 

oh but her question. "of course i'm nervous," delight says, his eyebrows shooting up. wouldn't it be weirder if he wasn't nervous? neither of them know what they're doing. "but i'm not -- i'm here, i'm, y'know. we're doing this," he adds, in what he hopes is a reassuring way. depressed and nervous he may be but at least he is here and not going anywhere. at his heart delight is a loyalist -- it's one of his few good qualities. he's quiet for a minute, and then suddenly, as if struck by the thought as he's saying it: "i know we've never actually talked about.. them, but i guess we should, right? have you thought about names?"
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
We're doing this. The words, although meant to be reassuring and soft, hit like waves against an untouched cliff. There really was no escape( for the first few weeks, at least). They were going to be parents! Not a cool auntie-uncle pair, or like, generous grandparents, but actual, real-life parents. Yay-ish.

I have to see them first, Queenie sighed with a thin smile. What if they chose names and then all of the pups died? What if they picked all girl names and then they had boys? Or vice-versa? The pups had to be born first, and then they could deal with the logistics. I can't do it now.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he's surprised by the answer -- as if he'd given it more than five minutes thought, honestly! -- and quickly shelves the handful of ideas that'd swarmed to the top of his mind. there's also the question of surnames (he's not so bold as to assume they'd take his) but suspects if he brings it up queenie will have much the same decision. instead he says, "alright," and settles near her, head tilted. "then.. what do you want to talk about?"
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
There were so many options! They could talk about the weather, or current events; weather or herding patterns — I don't care. As long as it doesn't have anything to do with them. It was like no one knew anything else to talk about anymore. If it didn't directly pertain to Queenie's unwanted and (sorta) unplanned pregnancy, then it was immediately thrown out of the window. You know what you can talk to me about?, she asked, suddenly a degree perkier, The borders. Do you know who maintains them?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

of course she wants to talk about the borders; delight suppresses a snort, suspecting she won't take too kindly to it. for a moment he's quiet, thinking. the truth is he doesn't know, having largely been withdrawn from learning about the sanctuary's going-ons. "it's a sanctuary," he says finally, drawing on what alarian's told him, "so -- i guess kind of, everyone." definitely, it's not the sort of structure queenie would probably like (delight finds he kind of likes it, the "open" policy, the idea that they offer home to those who need it -- he'd kind of done that with tindómë, in his own way). "alarian would probably know better," he says, "or maybe, uh, lily or lanaywn..." aaaand.. neither of them particularly like the pair, so... not much help there, huh. sorry, queenie.
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I'm not asking them, though, Queenie growled, slightly annoyed and on the verge of tears (not sad tears, but frustrated tears, y'know?), I'm asking you because you're supposed to know, Del. All that I think about is those stupid, god-forsaken borders and the laxadaisy patrollers who watch them. There was a pause as Queenie thought to herself, heart dropping en route, There are patrollers, right? 

Please, for the love of God, tell Queenie that there is someone gaurding the border within which she about to literally give birth; it would be a bad day for the Singing-St. Clair duo if Delight was to admit otherwise.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

unfortunately, no such salvation will be offered by the singing-sunlight, who is beginning to regret his decision to let them change the topic. if wolves could sweat, he'd be glossy from it. he does not know how to handle a volatile, emotional queenie -- objectively he can say ah yes the hormones, but that doesn't mean much starring down the barrel of the gun, so to speak.

he gulps. lying will not solve the problem in the long run. "like i said, it's sort of everyone," he says as delicately as he can manage, adding, "i've been patrolling them every day too," in what he hopes is a reassuring sort of voice. lying will not solve the problem in the long run, but uhhh massaging the facts that he does know may make it a little easier to get out of here unscathed. "the fort will be held down in your absence, promise," he adds, going for levity in the hopes of smoothing things over (and if it doesn't work, well -- he can run faster than her.)
266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The quick clean-up was clever, and while it did soothe Queenie somewhat, it wasn't a permanent solution. From now until she could leave the den again, she would continue to pester him with questions about the pack's well-being and border maintanence. For now (lucky for him), she was content with letting him slide. Promise you won't let Alarian get usurped? At least, not until I can do the usurping? It was a joke (for the most part) that Queenie hoped would help to lighten the air between them. 

Nap time was quickly approaching, so unless Delight had any further concerns, I think I'm going to turn in early.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

phew. the air settles between them, and relieved, del moves to bump his nose gently against queenie, offering a smile. "no usurping," he agrees. it'd be hard to imagine such a thing, anyway -- far as he can tell, alarian is pretty loved by the sanctuary. (but anyway queenie is just joking, ha ha.) when she speaks again he nods, rising to his feet. "okay," he says, "i'll leave you to it." he's still a little too tightly-wired to nap, but he feels -- better, at least, about this whole thing. partially. at least for the immediate now. with a whuffed good-by, the boy retreats, leaving queenie to get some much needed rest.