Herbalists' Cache A stranger
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Kenkou sorry this is short

After learning the Rae had been the one to give her all the herbs she felt alittle bad, but everything had worked out in the end. She returned to the cache looking for some herbs to go with the good herbs that had been thrown into her den and to replace the ones that weren't that helpful. 
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou growled as he found himself lost again. His stomach ached from the lack of food, and from traveling day and night to be free from his pack in Minnesota. Luckily for him Mating season was almost over, which meant less females wanting to breed with him. 

He was gay why do they not respect that? He thought back to his mother when she tried to force him to breed with the females of the pack. (to keep my strong genes flowing down the blood line) she said. He growled at the memory of their arguement leading to a brutal fight with his father when he tried to leave. He won and ran away which leads him here to this new place he is lost in some sort of meadow.

He sees lots of herbs and catches the scent of berries, his stomach rumbles at the thought of any food at all. He follows the trail when he catches something else in the wind, the scent of a wolf.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
The plains were filled with very little vegitation. Few herbs grew there that had proper medicinal value. Which was another reason why Pema was so shocked that Rae had found so many to throw in her den. But she had to put that out of her mind, it had been done out of good intentions and now it was cleaned up. Rae now knew where to properly place any herbs she found in the future.

She was on the search for something importicular today. Borage leaves. They helped moths produce milk, and Pema thought it would be a nice gift to give to Cat after just giving birth to their recent litter. It would also be a good way to weasle her way into their den before she more then likely should. But she couldn't help it, the little being were to cute and she so badly wanting to be apart of thier lives just as she had been apart of Day's last litter.

But her thoughts stopped as she caught the scent of an unknown male. They were still close to the territory, so Pema thought it would be adminstrative of her to check it out. Walking in the direction of the smell the figure of a large black wolf with a few gray accents. Someone who could surely pose a threat if they wished. She did her best to stand up straight and posed, but didn't want to appear dominant on in this neutral area. "Is there something I can help you with?" she asked the male.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou followed the scent making sure he didnt wander into their teritory. It was a female as she called out to him. Kenkou jumped and turned to her.

"Ah I'm sorry. I mean no harm my name is Kenkou and I'm simply looking for food to eat while I pass through,"

Kenkou became nervous by her stance and she seemed to be intimdated by his size. She seemed like a pack and he had no idea if he was to close to their border. Taking a sumbisssive stance he hoped that she would not try to chase him out of the area. He just wanted some food.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He was very apologetic. The cache wasn't claimed by the pack, but with it's close proximity to their borders it was possible that to an outsider, the scent of thier border markings had traced further out. But the cache was unclaimed territory and there was no real reason to be sorry. But Pema appriciated his politeness, though it made him seem rather shy for his large size.

He was looking for food, and was simply wondering through. Pema saw no reason to not assist him, especially if it mean defusing any hidden rick with this encounter. "That's alright." she said softly, hoping it would relax his nerves. "My name is Pema." she said introducing herself after he gave her his name. Kenkou, a fun name to say. "Feel free to look around, but I'm afraid you won't find much to eat other than berries." she stated. Most wolves prefered the blood of fresh prey to plants, and it was a good strategy to seek them out near a food source, but with this place being so close to the pack borders their scent was more then likely scaring of the local small game.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou sighed to himself as she no longer saw him as a threat. she also said her name was Pema, a gentle name that fit her well, he thought. He gave her a soft simle his tail wagging as she told him that there may be some berrires here. 

"Anything you have to eat will be fine, my stomach is begging for something to be in it. I'd be willing to help in any way I can to return the favor in helping me find food." he said hoping that the offer of a trade may help him earn her trust.

"I'm pretty strong and have a great nose when it comes to finding trails or scents left by samll prey, if-if that helps" He stuttered as he realised he was about to babble. He looked away from her in embarrassment and pawed at the ground in front of him to distract himself.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She turned her head a bit when he began to speak. What he was saying made sense she just wondered why he said it that way. 'Anything you have to eat.' as though all the berries in the cache belonged to her or her pack. Though it was near their borders, they had no claim over this valued resource. She thought to explain this to him.  "I'd be happy to show you were some of the berries are, but they aren't mine. They're anyone really, my pack has no claim over this cache. Though we may be wary of who enters it with it being so close."  she said with a smile hoping that what she was saying made sense. Perhaps where he had grown up the packs were more territorial over regions near their borders.

But none the less he was willing to help her in return for her telling him where the berries were. She wasn't all that hungry but a good sense of smell could help her gather the right herbs, assuming he had some knowledge of herbs, or she could explain it well enough. "I'm not all that hungry... but if you want to help me find some herbs once I show you where those berries are, that would be helpful."  she said. She didn't feel like she needed to be repaid, but would still accept his help.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
He felt relief when he heard he wasnt in any terrority again. 

"oh good. Thank you for letting me know, and again I do mean no harm I'm just really looking for some food."

He stepped close and bowed his head in thanks, "I'd be glad to help you find herbs, I used to help my mother out when it came time to stock up for winter. I have a great nose for it." he smiled at her again wagging his tail.

"If it sonds fair I can help you find the herbs first if you want?" he asked hoping that it would help ease any futher tension that might arise.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He thanked her and bowed his head, even offering to help her with the herbs before he got his food. She thought it was quite kind, but he seemed rather hungry with how frantic he seemed. She wouldn't keep it from him. "That's nice of you... but I don't mind bringing you to your food first. Perhaps you could tell me a bit about your mother on our way. Was she a medic?" she asked before gesturing for him to follow her as they walked towards the berry bushes.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou wagged his tail eagerly, 

"oh yes she was a great medic, she taught me that just because we have medic doesn't mean others shouldn't know at least the basics."

Kenkou thought back to his old pack days when he and some of his friends were forced to sit for hours learning and praticing first aid. He smiled but it quickly fell when a bitter memory came up.

"But that was a different time I left my pack at a cost and I plan to never return," he growled to himself but quickly shook it off at the sweet smell of berries. His smile grew as he was able to finally fill his stomach. 

"I can't thank you enough this will help me get though my travels," he bowed his head, "Now to aid you in your quest,"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
So his mother was a medic. She nodded along to what he was saying. It was good to at least know the basics. Especially if the basics included what not to eat. She had never been 'forcefully' taught her previous medic knowledge. She was simply curious about everything in her younger youth that she knew a little bit about everything. A medic was just something that Morningside needed at the moment, and well... it stuck.

She wondered what the cost of leaving his pack was, but felt it inappropriate to ask as they had just met. He planned on returning making her think that he must need to prove himself or something to that effect before returning, but that was only speculation.

They reached the berries and while he ate she waited quietly. Taking a few bites of berries here and there, but leaving the rest for him. He was a quick eater, no doubt due to his hunger. She hoped he wouldn't get a stomach ache from the speed at which she ate. But to see it was humorous and it made her smile.

Now it was her turn, time for her 'quest'. It helped that he knew the basics. "Well, I'm firstly on the search for some relaxant. I was thinking of lavender. You no doubt know what that is right... I mean if you know the basics that is." she clarified at the end, not wanting him to feel unworthy if he didn't in fact know what it was.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou smiled at her and nodded, "yes we grew up near a huge field of them." He sniffed the air testing the winds to find its familiar scent. He caught a breif scent but folled the trail in hopes of finding them. He also caught the scent of her pregnancy but decided it was best to not bring it up.

"so tell me what made you want to become a medic? If you don't mind me asking?" He asked as he lead the way to the lavander.

when they reached it he begin to help gather some up. And began to make a small pile. "How much do you need?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
So he was accustom to the scent of Lavender. Something Pema was happy to hear. Perhaps her familiarity with the plant caused her to miss the scent of the flowers at first. Or perhaps with her pregnancy, the scent of the berries was too overwhelming to distinguish the scent of lavender. But either way, she let him lead the way and followed closely behind.

As they walked he asked what made her become a medic, rather politely, which she expected due to the beginning of their conversation.  "Well. I knew a little bit about it from seeing the adults in my birth pack do a few things. But I didn't really start practicing medicine until I joined a pack. They really needed help in that department and always seem to be magnets for pain. So it stuck." she explained.

Before long they had arrived at a small lavender bush. She joined him in making a smile pile of the flowers. When she asked how much she wanted she replied, "Just a mouthful, I wouldn't want to have to make two trips. Plus it would be good to leave some behind so it can grow back." she answered.
23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
"thats a great idea," 

He smiled to her and set his small pile down. 

"I think most wolves are magents to pain these days but my pack was simlair since we lived in a battling fued."

He thought back to when he got into his first fight with his father when he didn't want to become pack leader, that was the first of many fights. 

"But even though I can put up a good fight I try not to fight unless I'm forced to protect myself," he gave her a smile and waited for her to lead him to the next herb.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Thinking or wrapping this up within the next few posts.

Pema empathized with what he said. It sure did seem like wolves these days were attracted to pain. Maybe it was because they had a healer in the first place, not feeling the need to be extra careful when there was some back home to fix them up if something went wrong. Perhaps if they didn't have her for a safety net they would be more careful.  "It definitely gives me something to do, but I would prefer being bored to seeing those in my pack injured anyday."  she stated.

So he had been brought up in a fighting pack, or at least a pack that was in regular fights. Something Morningside was luckily enough to have avoided for a very long time. Especially since they weren't well prepared for it should that day come.  Choosing to avoid a conflict was one thing but it was important to know when to protect yourself and those around you.

They had amassed a decent sized pile of herbs now. Plenty for the next few weeks. She didn't have any other herbs that needed to be collected. "I think that's all I need. Thank you. I appreciate your help. I should be getting back now." she explained. "If by chance you were thinking of joining a pack I would keep my pack Morningside in your thoughts"  she said indirectly offering him a potential position within the pack if he so chose.

23 Posts
Ooc — Abby
Kenkou was gald when she claimed she had everything. He was happy to help but surprised when she offered him a chance to join them,

"I'm glad I could help, and I appreciate the thought and I will gladly think of you offer," he sighed as he gave her a small smile. 

"I would prefer to be alone for now, but if you ever need help I'd be gald to if I'm in the area," He bowed to her and made his way depper into the forest, but he paused. He turned back to her, 

"Also good luck with you new pups," he then left with a quick pace. Hoping to find a new adventure.