Whitefish River keep your head up
41 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Blacktail Deer Plateau is a lovely place, brimming with life. Many ungulates gather just at the edge of the plateau. Some even dwell within the forest though she doubts they'll stick around so long as @Mallaidh, @Saarthal, and herself are around. The other girls tended to break off and explore but for the first few days since their arrival, Varinril is at home here on the plateau. The encounter with that aggressive male is fresh in her mind. Her scruff is sore where he had a firm grip on her and she rashly tried to free herself. Stupid move, that one. And then she had a breakdown. That was fun.

Despite that hiccup, Varinril feels her excitement subjugate her stress. She can't let unfortunate happenings color her whole life; she's not that type of wolf. So she greets the overcast morning sky with renewed vigor, eager to find her wings. She breaks free of the treeline, nose at work. Upon their arrival at the plateau, the territory itself had a few scents trails leading out of the woods. Varinril thought it best to follow one of the fresh ones in hopes of finding a herd of - you guessed it - black-tailed deer. The scent trail she is tracking now is unquestionably a deer and a male one at that. Close to three years old from what the scat tells.

It isn't long before the scent of water pulls her from her task. She stops and raises her head, surveying the long stretch of rushing waters before her. Hmm. The trail ends at the water's edge. Did the ungulate cross this current? Hard to believe with how choppy the waters are. The river was overflowing, too. Likely from all the recent rainfall. She sighs. So much for that.
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
it was uncomfortable. there was a persistent nagging feeling in the corner of her mind and whatever saarthal tried to do to get rid of it, it'd refused to leave. so, she decided to confront the source of it all and that morning, she'd woken up with her stomach rumbling, had subsequently ignored the rumbling stomach and bounded off to track one of her companions: varinril-with-the-pretty eyes-who-tugged-at-her-heartstrings-in-a-softly-aching-way.

it was easy enough to track her, though saarthal felt it was probably due to the fact that she had been subjected to tracking and scenting training for the majority of her childhood. you know, the normal, mandatory, legionnaire military education that everyone gets. "hey, vari — wait up," saarthal chirped brightly, having caught sight of the girl in the distance. paws thrummed lightly across the ground before she skidded to a stop beside her, panting hard but with lips pulled wide into a lopsided smile. "hi!"
41 Posts
Ooc —
Looking around reveals several potential spots when the deer may have gone. There are three forests to the north, west, and south. She knows that deer don't like to travel much - leaves them open to attack. Maybe this male was the odd one out, breaking off from the herd in hopes of, you know, not being gobbled up. A watery tongue traces her fangs, scheming. They couldn't have all bolted, could they? She turns around, peering into the shadowy undergrowth upon the tableland with a hunter's glow.

That was when she heard a jaunty voice call out to her, recognition painting her features. They may be new acquaintances, but Saarthal's vitality is infectious. The silver-clad girl hastens to her, wheezing and beaming. Varinril returns the smile, pleased.

"Morning!" She waits for the girl to catch her breath, radiating calm. "Find any good trees to flirt with yet?" Who knows? Perhaps Varinril can practice on said tree, make it blossom or something (if Saarthal hasn't yet).
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
"trees?" saarthal panted, head tilting in confusion before realisation dawned and she smiled, sheepish. adopting a disappointed expression — brows furrowed, shoulders slumped and a little pout on her lips — she shook her head, a sigh slipping from between her lips. "no, unfortunately, i haven't," saarthal glanced up at the sky, as if asking some deity above why there weren't any good trees to flirt with, "i've found cute girls, though. i mean, they're not as good as trees, obviously, but there's one with really pretty eyes — a girl, i mean, not a tree, that i'd like to get to know better, y'know?" her mouth tugged upwards and she shuffled to face her companion. 

"what about you, vari? anyone special?" and though saarthal had indeed kinda-flirted with her, she didn't expect varinril to say herself (because saarthal flirts with everyone and it usually doesn't mean anything, unfortunately...though it might) it was an honest question, and a curious glint sparks in her fiery eyes.
41 Posts
Ooc —
Saarthal replies with a breeziness Varinril wished she possessed. She elaborated in a clunky design but it was admirable, in a way. It felt true whereas she spent too much time overanalyzing everything. Damn her overthinking brain. When her companion said she wanted to shed some light on a girl with "really pretty eyes," Varinril chuckles. That could be anyone in their group, really!

"The feeling's mutual, Saarthal." They would not amount to much if they remained aliens to one another. Plus, Varinril craved that cohesiveness, that togetherness one sees in very close packs. She hopes the others felt the same.

Saarthal's question gives her pause. Their group was growing. Their numbers have been on the up and up since Saarthal joined them. She's seen some unfamiliar faces dancing about the plateau though she has yet to interact with them directly. Lots of (cute) girls. As for the prospect of "anyone special," she becomes reflective.

"There was an...altercation while we were crossing the mountains," she admitted. "I came across an aggressive guy. There's no way I could have taken him myself, but Mallaidh made him retreat. Bloodied him without getting a scratch on her." Varinril's tone was one of hushed reverence. More so to cover up the fact that a lot more happened at the time. She was not willing to disclose that information just yet. The event had left her feeling raw and she has not completely recovered. Hopefully, Saarthal can look past her retelling of those events. No doubt Varinril will tell her what really happened, someday.

"Would you say...that Mallaidh's actions qualify her as someone special?"
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
and although saarthal never claimed to be an angel — she knew she was far from one — she still tried to, you know, be good. be honest, be kind, be nice and inclusive and considerate. but she was not perfect, and though a rather large part of her brain yelled no, stop, dude you can't do that, a larger part screamed you have to, if you want a chance with her, you have to, you have to stop her now. the tug of jealousy in the pit of her gut was larger than the guilt in her heart, thus allowing the words to spill from her lips smoothly, an easy smile on her lips, her features betraying none of the self-interest saarthal bore. "i think," she said carefully with a cant of her head, "that anyone in our little group right now would've done that. any good wolf would've done that." saarthal shrugged, " i guess it depends on what you think." please don't, please don't, please don't say she's special. 

i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry.
41 Posts
Ooc —
Saarthal's response was met with some level of examination. She did raise a good point. Mallaidh would not let any foul-hearted wolf frolic amongst them, would she? If there was ever a sentry to their group here, it was unquestionably Mallaidh. Varinril was okay with the influx of numbers amongst them. However, their gathering here brought forth questions for the Renatus. What did they hope to gain from this, if anything? Was it the promise of a full belly? Companionship? Or were their desires...deeper than that?

It was with a critical eye she looks at the girl now. Her coat is spun of turbulent clouds and her mien betrays nothing. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and yet...Varinril cannot see beyond those blazing irises. No, she can only assume. It was telling, though, that Saarthal did not ask anything more regarding the skirmish with that asshole back on the Thunder Dome. Relieving the girl of her speculative gaze, she looks West of their position, sights downcast. She sighs.

"In the short time we have traveled together, I consider her a good friend." They slept together, they hunted together, they shared their experiences with one another. There was still much to learn about one another, for sure. She has enjoyed her time with Mallaidh thus far. "And what of you?" Her abysmal optics settle back upon the girl's features, evenly rejoining:  "Have your eye on anyone special?"
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
good friend. that's not special, right? still... god, you're so fucking selfish, saarth, what the fuck dude. but as her gaze lifted and met varin's dark orbs, the fire in her eyes stuttered and some unknown lump surfaced in the back of her throat; there was something about her eyes and this whole fucking situation that....she found herself ducking her head, a strange emotion squeezing the air out from her lungs. a wave of memories and emotions flooded her brain, filling all its crevices until she was overwhelmed with its sheer strength and weight — a flash of blue and brown, pupils black like midnight: wicked and gleaming, a knife-like smile and silver gold strands floating through the air, catching in the leaves of a distant tree. 

it hurt, it hurt, it hurt. burned like a fucking bitch. get out of my head — saarthal squeezed her eyes shut and sucked in a sharp breath, forcing her attention to focus on varinril. varinril, varinril, varinril, she chanted like a mantra, concentrate on her — she braced her shoulders and commanded herself to meet her friend's beautiful midnight eyes. instead of recovering, however, the thought waves crashed with renewed energy and an uncharacteristic glint, sharp-edged and biting, entered saarthal's gaze. her eyes narrowed, teeth working into her lip, "i'll protect you too, you know," she said quietly, demeanour shifting radically away from her normal cheeriness. something about the memory had triggered an ache in her chest. "i'll kill anyone who does anything to you. her. them."

varinril's eyes were almost fathomless and saarthal wanted to drown in them. she wanted to drown in something, anything, really...but those blue eyes faded into a pale silver green, surrounded by ink — comforting, soothing — and then into melting chocolate struck by lightning and then she didn't want to drown anymore. she wanted to, she wanted to she wanted to — saarthal blinked and glanced away as if shocked by a bolt electricity and swallowed, unusually subdued. "maybe, maybe not," saarthal shrugged, mustering a smile edged with an absentminded kind of pain. "depends."
41 Posts
Ooc —
Well, that was odd. It was like the girl had been physically struck, looking down and away from her hawk-eyed stare. Varinril did not know what to think, concern flooding her. As observant as she was, she could not fathom Saarthal's sudden shift in mood. One second she was smiling and the next this. She blinks several times, trying to make sense of the what happened. What could trigger this, whatever this was?

In afterthought, she felt bad for thinking Saarthal cared naught for her. Always so quick to judge. Stupid idiot. To hear her brazenly declare undoing any who harmed their group was heartening, but also filled her with dread. Varinril was not experienced in battle at all. However, she knows how hairy it can get, how fast it can go downhill. She doesn't want that for any of them, not even Mallaidh, who has proven to be adept in that field. What was she to do, surrounded by wolves swearing themselves to protect? She was coming to the steady conclusion that...she would likely have to take up the sword, as well. It was only fair!

The girl speaks up again, heartbreakingly conquered in a way Varinril does not want to behold. She has done something - spoke a phrase, took a tone maybe? - that has left her companion bereft. Varinril sets her sights elsewhere, craning her head away. So long as Saarthal cannot stare so openly at her, or the unease marbled across her face. Her sights settle upon Ravensblood Forest as she speaks, her tone neutral despite her inner tumult.

"Would you like to go hunting with me?" The conversation started off jovial enough. Varinril wanted to veer back into that, if at all possible. Besides, she did not much care for the girl's love interest, if only because she was wary of that "depends." Varinril was a fool in many things, conversation not one of them. "I've tracked a deer to here, but I think he crossed this river. Should we try our luck elsewhere?"
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal tried to trade the bitter tasting grin for a safer, albeit faux smile. but the pain-edged tilt of her lips remained firmly on her face. in a way, her words were very ambiguous, even to herself. maybe, maybe not. depends. she'd been talking about the past and the present all at once. she had a love interest. she probably has love interests now. either way, it applied, and there was something so ironically funny about this entire situation that an amused gleam, somewhat hard-edged, however, flickered through her eyes. 

"that'll be awesome," saarthal mustered up a bright smile, the ease in which it slid over her lips scaring and comforting her at the sametime. a second later, however, it began to feel real, and she let the soft happiness whether it be real or fake, slide over her nerves and her bones, quietly taking away the dark-tinged memories of things better forgotten. "i'm hungry. i haven't eaten in like, what, three weeks?" the tip of her lip quirked upwards, and then suddenly because saarthal found her copper gaze sliding over midnight ones again, and her brain-to-mouth filter appeared to have turned off, she spoke, her words soft and lilting and unabashedly honest, though with an almost insouciant edge to it all and a soft tilt of her mouth, "you have beautiful eyes, you know, prettier than hers."

'hers' was ambiguous. it could mean literally anyone. and maybe, that was the point. saarthal so wished to tell her the truth, to tell anyone, honestly, but the pure, unadulterated truth was too hard to bear, let alone say.
41 Posts
Ooc —
what r u doin 2 my character. stop.
There was obviously a cryptic side to her companion here. There was too much vagueness whereas the Renatus is sure she was talking about Mallaidh. She reminisces how she fawned over their Resident Tree Girl, gushing about how cute she is. Varinril remembers feeling like an intrusion. Retention is cutting. Jaw becomes tense. Stop! She meant nothing by it. Let it go. And so she does, allowing it to escape in the tautness leaving her mandible. (But that's not how she's wired, unfortunately. She stuffs it away, never to see light. The weight is there, tangible, in the pit of her stomach.)

Varinril is no angel, either, much as she would like to be.

Thank the skies. She's grateful for the ease in which Saarthal slips back into her jovial self. Some might find it disconcerting, but for Varinril, it was a break in their labored dialogue; not ready to unpack her secrets nor urge her friend to spill. It was too early for that. Best stick to lighthearted discussions for now.

She has not eaten in three weeks, she says. Was that an exaggeration? Whether it is or is not, Varinril's desire to hunt is renewed. 'Ere she can move, Saarthal is there, eyes fastening onto her own. Vainril-With-the-Pretty-Eyes was still developing in her own sexuality, the roman's words causing her eyebrows to shoot up. She knew her eyes to be attractive, but what were Saathal's cares? What did she want to say beyond "your eyes are pretty"? Maybe she should just accept the compliment and stop fishing for something more, like, damn? But then she recalls when they first met, how she wanted to return praise but felt it would be inopportune. Now was her chance. Oh, this is going to be good.

Sensuality deepens her porcelain features, the dark, inviting skin of her lips curling into a salacious simper. Coyly, she brings her head closer to Saarthal's crown, illustrating her deepsea eyes in high definition 1080 pixels all their glory. When she speaks, it is unwaveringly smooth.

"And yours is like the sun as it kisses the horizon goodnight." When she said kisses, she leans ever forward, lips hovering dangerously close to the others. No doubt Saarthal can feel her cloying breath now, hot and heady along the length of her muzzle. This is shortlived, however, as she sinks back with a heartfelt remark. "Perhaps you can tell me about this her sometime."

Whether Saarthal thought her flirtation over the top or not, Varinril was having fun now.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
>;) i have no idea whats happening eitherr

aaaand okay. whatever saarthal had been expecting, it definitely wasn't this. varinril, for as long as saarth had known her - which granted, wasn't long at all - had never really struck the roman as the flirtatious or seductive type. she'd always seemed reserved, filled with this aura of quiet strength and underlying wisdom that, in a way, frightened the yearling. not because varin was scary, per sebut because knowledge was power, and deep down, saarth always felt as if the older wolf was - could be - judging her, what with her inarticulate words and lack of eloquence and her 'act before thinking' attitude. so, she'd never really flirted with varin beyond the 'pretty eyes' stage. not because she didn't want to, but because varin was older and maybe more experienced, and she didn't want to flirt and be laughed at, afterward.

but saarthal really shouldn't have worried. because all of a sudden varinril drew close, blue eyes so alike, yet unlike those of her past smack right in the centre of her vision - this time, she could genuinely drown in their fathomless depths. but that wasn't the end of it. no, instead, varin edged even closer until the heat of her breath tickled the tip of saarthal's maw, wafting over the length of her muzzle. her own breath hitched, catching in the back of her throat and the muscles beneath her coat tense as nervous energy coursed through her veins. kiss. somewhat inappropriate thoughts flit absentmindedly through her mind, though, to be perfectly honest given these current circumstances - it wasn't really that inappropriate. saarth flushed, an unwelcome heat, uncomfortable and burning coloured the pale silver of her cheeks and the stormy edges of her ears. she may be a confident flirt, but when she was being flirted with, and from varinril at that - it was entirely different. "cheesy, vari, but-"

god, you're hopeless. and maybe she is. but saarthal collected herself quickly for someone who'd, seconds ago, been a blushing mess of wolf, and when she spoke again, having only half heard the last sentence leaving varin's lips (given that she'd spent more time in the last few seconds staring at those lips than actually listening to what she was saying), it was without a hitch or a crack in her voice - something saarthal was silently thankful for. "perhaps," the girl repeated with a lick of her lips, brazenly closing the distance between them and if vari allowed her to do so, touched the tip of her nose into the ivory curve of the older girl's neck, slowly tracing her way back to varinril's pale cheek (if she didn't, saarthal would simply whisper into her ear) "perhaps, you should kiss me instead," an impish tilt to her lips undermined by the dark temptation in her copper orbs accompany her husky words. 

after all, it wasn't fair that varinril was the only one having fun. but the game just got all the more dangerous - saarthal was willing to play, if only because she was young and practically programmed to make bad, impetuous decisions. was varin willing to, though? an inclination of saarthal's crown, teeth digging lightly into her lip; provocative: saarthal frostfur-diangeli, reckless, young, stupid and eager as she was, dared her to.
41 Posts
Ooc —
There it was. That telltale redness, that enthusiastic hitch in a breath, eyes focused on none other than her. Varinril loved moments like these, fleeting though they may be. Even if this familiarity was onesided, even if it was bogus - it mattered little to her. All that mattered is the blush that now adorned Saarthal's face, warm, inviting, and oh so real.

Cheesy? To compare thine eyes to a setting sun is cheesy? Hmph. A difference of opinion then! Varinril thought her words amorous. Looks like Saarthal is not in the mood for romance, what with the way her visage twists into one far more coquettish. She had not been expecting retribution but she'll be damned before she's caught off guard. Fever steals across her face unbidden, magnetized by the way Saarthal licked her lips, how she returns her dalliances tenfold. The girl teases the delicate hairs in the crook of her neck, breath hot on her clammy fur. Okay. She knows this game and she plays it well. As for what she wants...

It was sudden, the touch of tongue on snout. Sudden and quick. The sensation felt amazingly heated, bordering on too. Unfortunately for the both of them, Varinril's delivery was sloppy. There was nothing sexy in having slobber on your muzzle. She looks down, swept up in the moment. Oh. Yep. That is definitely spit. In place of terror, she finds merriment building in her chest. She cannot find it in her to be upset or appalled by this blunder. Her first (intimate) kiss with a girl...and it was a pathetic one at that. After a couple of wheezing laughs, Varinril calms down and looks Saarthal directly in the eyes.

"Sorry! I tried. I really did!" Oh hell. The embarrassment was settling in now. Another blush reddens her pale cheeks, this one irksome. She looks away, unable to look the girl in the eye. "Ahh, that was so dumb of me! I'm sorry!" Varinril would repeat herself until she was blue in the face...unless Saarthal spoke up.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal had half been expecting varinril to recoil — to blush and retreat, so when instead she came closer, her heart practically leapt into her throat, breath catching in a way which felt hopelessly exhilarating. unfortunately, or perhaps, fortunately, the heated moment dissolved into fits of laughter when instead of receiving seductive kiss which should've left her wanting more, saarthal ended up with spit on her snout and the sound of giggles touching her ears. the frostfur-diangeli blinked, staring somewhat bemused at varinril. she couldn't decide if it was deliberate, in which case she would be furious, or if it'd been an accident (perhaps it was her first time or something) in which she would simply be amused.

a moment later, saarthal's unasked question was answered. midnight waters meet firey twin suns, and then came the confession. varinril's pale cheeks flushed a red hue - something she'd never seen before; her friend was usually so composed, and she apologised profusely, the words spilling forth from her lips as heated embarrassment took over. saarthal stared at her blankly for a moment - hey, she's actually really cute like this...fuck - then the corner of her lip tilted upward, mirth overtaking her features as her eyes formed crescent moons and creased at their edges as the continual 'sorrys' grazed her ears.

with a roll of her eyes, saarthal padded forward closing the distance between them and mumbled a wry, "you can shut up, now," before kissing vari. it wasn't her first time, or her second, or her third - un-fucking-fortunately - so it was delivered with, hopefully, a slightly higher level of expertise and was over as quickly as it'd begun. a lopsided smirk adorned the yearling's lips when she withdrew and took a step back. "it's okay — don't be sorry, vari, you're not dumb," saarth said, laughing softly and drawing easily back into varin's personal space. "you should take me out on a date, instead," she murmured, breath ghosting over the pale ghost's skin. amusement danced in her eyes, and her grin was easy, carefree, nonchalent as she stretched — like, c'mon, vari, take me out on a date and play with me, you know you want to. 

this illustrated perfectly how imperfect saarthal was. but, really, could she be blamed? varinril was intriguing and she wanted to know her, even if her heart...well, nothing was set in stone. and well, this was flirting right??
41 Posts
Ooc —
To think her first attempt at intimacy would end so terribly. Well, it's not like she flirted with everyone she came across. She did so once before coming to Teekon and it was as horrible as you'd expect. It was going to take some serious practice in order to become as beguiling as Varinril wants to be. It would take more patience and more experience. Patience is easy to come by. Experience? Not so much. Each mistake she's ever come across was a jab at her self-esteem. And today she could see that she needed to work on herself first before even thinking about romance.

Despite her antics, Saarthal is more than accommodating, sidling up to her with words of succor and a smooch. Varinril had not been expecting that, as revealed in expression and posture. Taking note of the girl's attentiveness, the shame melts away. Even so, she still feels raw, avoiding Saarthal's eyes in lieu of her paws. She acclimates to the girl's permissive atmosphere, feeling at peace in her presence. Even when her companion says Varinril should take her out on a date is she anew in her composure though it did not look like it. Looking at Saarthal's face with a steeled mentality, she smiles as delicately as possible.

"A date? With you?" This she ponders. They are two completely different personalities. Varinril is reserved whereas Saarthal was not. Varinril is romantic whereas Saarthal's view of romance most likely does not align with Varinril's. If she wants to be completely truthful with herself, she did need the practice, too. If nothing else, she might be able to learn about Saarthal. Maybe not as a paramour, but as a friend? She purses her lips, completely serious.

"We are two diverse personalities, you and I. But there is a loveliness about you, I will admit. I think - I would enjoy a date with you." She pauses with a quirk of her lips. "I do not know if anything will come of it, but I'm willing if you are."
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal winced, features crumpling dramatically as varinril smiled a strange smile and wondered out loud. "i'm not that bad, am i?" she laughed, underlined with mirth - lips crooked and eyes folding into small crescents as she backed away, playfully putting extended distance between them. there was an unwelcome feeling, not unlike that of a tiny stone, settling in the base of her chest and sinking deep into their depths, its weight demanding to be felt. it was stupid, stupid, stupid because there were numerous other girls around who were all cute and receptive to her, and it was varin but... she pushed it aside though it remained there as a soft ache.

varinril seemed to be thinking this through seriously and when she spoke, despite the persistent ache remaining in saarthal's chest, there was an uncertainty stirring somewhere within - yes, she'd like a casual date with her but anything beyond that was dangerous. dangerous because saarth didn't want to lead anyone on, and there was a sunken fear beyond that...she'd rather not talk about it. "mhm, i'm always willing," saarthal drawled, reclining backward against a tree languidly "but, are you sure? you seem a bit hesitant...don't worry, varinril, i promise it won't go any further than kissing...unless you want to," the quirk of her lips was teasing, tempting and suddenly, saarthal danced close again, aiming to preen the furs on the nape of vari's neck because why the fuck not, right?
41 Posts
Ooc —
"What? No! You're fine. I just...think too much." And that was the godawful truth. If she's not contemplating, there's something wrong. As Saarthal moves away, Varinril is unsure of herself. Did the girl dislike that she spent so much time in her head? It was a property that she disliked, herself. Why think when you can do? It's a vicious cycle. Even now she's asking herself over and over, what did I do to earn that reaction?

Though Saarthal appears mirthful, Varinril is starting to suspect that there's a lot more going on here that she cannot interpret; inferred transgressions that weigh heavy on one's conscious. Why, earlier in their conversation, Varinril recalled feeling slighted when first they met. (Admittedly, that "slight" against her has lessened quite a bit. Hooray communication!) The more that she spoke with Saarthal, the more she can see that the girl had not meant anything by it. But that makes her think that if she felt transgressed then why shouldn't Saarthal?

The roman's voice drew her from rumination. Damn. Did she really think she was reluctant? It's nice to know that Saarthal would not pressure her into anything more - truly, she appreciated that. Varinril did not want to be tied down to anyone or anything. Yet. Saarthal draws in close again, her tongue lapping at her bruised nape. Oh. That feels divine. And as much as Varinril wants to succumb to that sensation and simply let Saarthal work her magic, she cannot ignore the words fabricating within. She wants to clear the air - needs to.

"It's alright," she says with a nod, sure as ever. "Everything's gonna be okay." She hoped beyond hope Saarthal would accept her proclamation however out of place it might be. No needling questions, no upset, nothing. They are colleagues - that are going to go on a date, at that - may their bond be as pure as first snow and as deep as the ocean. Varinril is quiet when she looks at Saarthal. Pitless though they look, her discriminations are expressive, understanding sparkling in their depths.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal laughed quietly and shook her head, a soft smile tugging at the edge of her lips. "don't worry about it, vari - it's fine, i'm joking." though it may be hard for those who don't know her to realise, the roman also spent a huge amount of time in her head, lost in useless and stupid thoughts. she was very familiar with overthinking, practically the majority of her life's problems were due to overthinking.

varinril's proclamation was strange if only because it happened all of a sudden and was in a sense, completely unrelated to their current topic. saarthal slowed in her ministrations for a moment, teeth pausing as they combed through her guard hairs as surprise pricked through her, followed by an unwelcome chill - her skin crawling. saarthal swallowed and met vari's gaze, a reassuring smile tugging at the edge of her lips though she, herself, did not feel the slightest bit reassured. "is it, though?" there was a weary note in her voice, rising from the depths of her chest and suddenly, the girl felt a lot more tired than she should be. 

but, that was enough vulnerability for a day. saarthal was not particularly fond of exposing herself so she covered it up quickly, an easy facade slipping over her features, lips tugging up smoothly, eyes crinkling on their own accord. "wellll, it doesn't matter. i trust you, so, everythinggg willll beee fineeee."