Duskfire Glacier cold
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

She had parted ways with the abrasive stranger and began to travel as the sun set behind her.  Beneath the pines she escaped and traveled into the cold, a shiver running through her as the temperature around her dropped significantly.  She'd heard of glaciers and seen a few in her time, but none were as majestic as this!

As the sky grew darker, it was suddenly illuminated by green and awestruck, her jaw dropped as the aurora danced above her.  Never before had she seen something so beautiful, so she reclined onto her haunches and watched with little regard to her surroundings.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Fucking finally she had made it. She had finally set paw in the glacier, and she was not disappointed. Some may have been tuned off by the cold, but it reminded her of home and made her feel alive. Even as road-weary as she was, the second the cold hit her body, it was like an electric shock that brought her back to life. She wished so much that her family was here with her; she knew they would love just as much as she did. She also missed them like crazy.

She walked further into the unclaimed territory, at least she assumed it was unclaimed. It didn't have any of the usual markers that indicated the area was taken. She leaned her head back and sniffed the air; she picked up a few random, unknown scents, but nothing that lead her to believe that wolves frequented this area. Only wolves accustomed to the cold would probably find this place desirable anyway. 

She continued her journey into the territory atop the glacier, unperturbed by the rough, icy terrain; she knew how to move efficiently on this kind substrate. She almost missed the unknown female a little ways ahead of her as she was momentarily distracted by the beautiful green lights dancing in the sky. Damn she had missed seeing that. At that moment she knew she would have to bring her family here to see this place that looked so much like home. collecting herself, she cautiously approached the stranger and noticed she, too, seemed captivated with lights in the sky. "Amazing, isn't it?" she said in her accented English as she came up beside the similarly-colored she wolf.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she could feel the cold seeping into her paws, and she enjoyed the way it made her feel rooted, connected to the earth.  one ear flicks behind her at the sound of the snow crunching, and she waits for them to speak before she acknowledges them, too caught up in the view overhead. 

that it is, she replies with her own accented common, taking a look at the wolf (who looks like she belongs here) before turning her nose back up to the sky.  i am mirabelle.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
"I'm Takiyok," she offered as she sat down. She didn't say anything for a few minutes, content to take in the beauty of the sky and the lights that played in its darkness. She had noticed the female's accent and wondered if by some crazy chance she spoke her language. She had already come across one wolf on her journey that amazingly spoke Inuttut, so maybe she found herself lucky again with this stranger. "What language do you speak?" she asked with friendly curiosity. If she did speak her native tongue, then they could drop this tiresome common tongue and speak Inuttut instead.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

the silence passed through them comfortably, and an easy smile rested upon her face.  the lights danced across the expanse of ice in front of them and refracted all around them, covering them in a glow of green.

ah, i do not have a name for it.  we call it cànan màthaireil, the mother tongue.  she tilted her head and laughed.  what a funny question.  what language do you speak?

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She wasn't familiar with the language the pale female spoke, which was a little disappointing. She should have expected it though, most around here didn't know her home language. "My native language is Inuttut." Taki hadn't thought it that funny of a question since they both clearly weren't native to the common language in this area

Changing the subject then, she asked, "What brings you here?" The female didn't smell of pack, so Taki assumed she was lone and was curious about her story.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

a wry quirk of her lip is offered at the woman's inquiry.  a man, she says honestly, pulling her eyes from the aurora to cast the stranger a mischevious look.  he lives not too far from here.

comfortable enough to lay down, she allowed herself to settle in the snow.  and you?

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki looked at the female with surprised curiosity. She had never done anything for a man, but she had also never been in love, and she knew that made people do out of character things. She didn't have time for love, though. She was more interested in scouting and protecting her family. Maybe the man she referred to was a family member? Taki could definitely relate to that; she had just set out across unknown lands to find her brother. Although, Mirabelle's tone implied it was the former. "A man, huh? Was it worth it?" It was kind of a brazen question, but Taki was honestly curious. 

"I have been searching for my brother and came to check this place out while I look for him." At least if she had to return home and face her siblings empty-handed, she might be able to lighten the blow by telling them of this place. Thinking the snow looked nice, she soon joined the other wolf and lied down next to her.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

there is a twinkle in her eye when she holds takiyok's gaze.  her lip quirks, a plume of breath escapes from her nose and hangs heavy in the air.  we will see.  it was already worth it; she went where her paws carried her and stayed as long as she liked, and seeing the large oak tree was just a bonus.  

i have not been here long, but i have not seen anyone else, either.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
That was a little disappointing. She had secretly been hoping her brother would be here. The female said she hadn't been here very long, though, so there was still some hope. Taki still needed to scout this area out, so maybe she would get lucky and find him in the meantime. Maybe. 

Have you seen anything else interesting or useful here? Taki asked. Maybe it would give her a place to start. She wanted to get a good feel for the territory so she had adequate information to give to her family when she went home. Also, if she did end up bringing them here, it would be helpful to already be somewhat familiar with the area.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

i have not, she supplies.  at least, not here at the glacier.  as she'd said she'd only just arrived.  north of here there is a forest, and we are close to the shore.  but that is about all i know of the surrounding areas.  her gaze flits from the woman, then back to the sky.  i could stay here, and if you head back this way i could let you know if i see your brother.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki lifted her eyebrows in surprise. It was an unusually kind offer to give a stranger. Thanks, she said with a nod. How long are you planning to stay here? she asked a second later. If the the female was willing to keep an eye out for her brother, maybe she was also willing to keep an eye on the place for a little bit. It would help to leave someone here while she was gone in case someone else tried to move in. She was determined to bring her family here.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She sucks in a breath and taps her toes on the ice.  It is a loaded question, for sure.  It depends on how things go, I suppose.  At least now until you get back to the glacier, yes?  She offers a wink, a twinkle in her green eyes.  Your pack, are you looking for permanent residents?

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
We need all the help we can get, so if you're willing to watch over the glacier while I'm gone, then you would definitely be welcomed into the ranks, Taki answered. It wasn't even something she would need to discuss with the others; if this female was willing to do this favor for her, then she had no doubt her family would be just as grateful. She took a risk and added, We'll be arriving with pups and will probably be very tired, so it will he helpful to have someone here to make sure the territory is safe and prepared. Her citrine gaze studied the female as she waited to see if she would agree to her deal of sorts.

To Taki's surprise, Mirabelle agreed to stay here and keep an eye on things, even promising to get things ready for her return with her family. Taki Nodded, relayed her immense appreciation, and headed on her way to finish mapping out the glacier.
Inuttuk
Common