Blackfeather Woods There's no such thing as sweeter a sting
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Private 

However bright the hope for the future was with the prospect of two young, healthy Meloniis being raised in Blackfeather Woods, with most of his blood relatives gone, dead or missing, Damien had little more than memories of better times with them to hold his psychological stability in place... Those memories and the tranquility of knowing that Kove and Nyx were safe.

Those two had been the only wolves with whom Damien had no blood ties that had managed to make room for themselves in his dark heart. Kove had been a friend, a confidant and despite the age gap Damien would even dare saying that they weren't brothers only through the Dark Brotherhood. On the other hand Nyx was far more than all of that. Damien had, at some point before the darkness had ensued, imagined a future with her, ruling Blackfeather Woods side by side and bringing to the world the new generation of proper Meloniis. He had never said it out loud, nor did he have the guts to admit it when the time had been right, but Nyx was Damien's chosen destiny.

He had evaded her long enough after his arrival, but he could hold it no longer. He had to talk to her, ask her how she was and whether there was anything he could do to fix whatever damage he'd done to her, for he was sure his breakdown had not come without hardships for his caretaker. She had been there for him, she had fed his broken body and soul, and he had been a dick and thrown it all to the trash can. But he was hopeful there was still a way to fix things.

Despite the lack of sunlight the garden of blood -as they called it- seemed to thrive in summer. The roses bloomed in blood red and crimson colors, and although the thorns below the flowering were a challenge Damien was determined to offer Nyx a gift worthy of her beauty in hopes she'd find it in her heart to forgive him. After picking some up Damien walked through Blackfeather Woods in search for her, three freshly harvested roses held in his maw and his own blood dripping off his chin.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The Night was peaceful. Her chosen destiny did not lie with some lover anymore, it lied with the woods. Serving her father, her wolves, was what she was born for after all, still never having been told she had been promised to a man. Although, if someone had told her, she would not have been shocked. Nemesis seemed like the woman to sell off her own children for success. A life could simply not be promised though. The Night surely could not be sold off.

The speckled woman slipped through the shadows after having refreshed the borders, the wounds on her ear and chest having healed (mostly due to The Healer's wonders), and she couldn't say she disliked the notch in her ear. Symmetry was boring, she found. Imperfections held beauty. It was probably why she had been drawn to Damien in the first place. It was not all a lust for power, even though that sinful wish had indeed played a part.

Nyx was sitting in a quiet place of the woods, eyes and ears alert. Ever since the two spiderlings had been threatened by a hissing beast, Nyx had been quite on edge. Patrolling and looking for any other unwanted guests had become quite the priority for the defender, not wanting one of their own killed now that there were already so many lost. She had noted Damien's scent, yet did not expect him to come and pursue her after their paths had parted.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

The moment he distinguished her star-kissed figure within the darkness of the forest Damien's step slowed down. It was useless hiding, for she surely would have noticed his presence without much trouble, but still Damien found it hard to finish closing the distance between himself and his muse completely. Just a couple yards away he stopped, dropped the roses in front of his feet and sat down in silence to admire her while he made an effort to pick his words carefully.

I have much to thank you for, he started breaking the deadly silence that reigned over the place. He was sure of voice, but with a tenderness to his tone that not many would get the chance to hear in his lifetime. Astrid Nyx Apaata was a tenacious woman worthy of anyone's respect. A warrior hardened by battle, of which her scars served as proof. Damien's eyes trailed from the nick on her right ear down her speckled back, sliding down her curves, caressing her soft fur. Every detail was more alluring than the last. She had grown into a fine woman in his absence.

Eventually the dark prince gathered enough valor to pick the roses back up and come up around to face her. He carefully placed the roses at her feet and, if she would allow it, he would sit down next to her in silence, seeking her fantasy eyes and expecting a response.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
There was little left of her hateful spirit. She had truly embodied the night sky, remaining just as calm as she was just moments ago when she picked up on someone luring in the shadowy woods. It surprised her. She was usually left alone, giving her enough time to finish her duties day by day with little interference. Friends were not something she craved either. Blackfeather Woods and its needs came first, then her own - and who knew if the bobcat would return to try and steal a spiderling away as a mere snack.

Her eyes found the towering form of a long lost Brother of the woods. She'd be lying if she said the sight of him had not made her heart skip a single beat. She had mentally prepared for this moment as soon as his scent had lingered around, and yet not even The Night could resist feeling unease creep up along her speckled spine. She focused upon the three single roses in his mouth, a flashback of when she had tried to pursue Vaati, but that had to be moons ago. She kept her lips sealed as he sat down nearby, his voice as tender as the petals on the thorny roses he carried - at least, so it was for her, for she had never heard a mother's sweet caresses before midnight.

There is no need for that. She responded softly, the coldness of her voice having disappeared to make place for a gentler one. She observed him carefully as he then came toward her, the gift near her feet letting her feel the warmth of her beating heart again. She blinked up at him, his face not having changed much from the younger Damien that had told her stories of their Gods. And yet so many things had changed. She was no longer a child -  and he was no longer the respected man of the Blackfeather Woods.

Kove and you are the only wolves I have ever cared for genuinely. None of what I did was out of pity. She spoke rather firmly, hoping he had not thought she pitied him to begin with. She had taken care of him because she had wanted to.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

A feeling of warmth filled Damien's body when Nyx explained that none of her actions had been out of pity, and a faint smile lingered but for a second. He hadn't been expecting such confession and despite never having planned to apologize Damien did feel guilt and shame over his decadence. Instead of letting him rot like pretty much everyone else had, Nyx had chosen to stick to his side and keep him alive. In that way Damien owed Nyx his life.

I never thought you did, he claimed looking away from her and down to his feet. I'd rather say you're a loyal friend, and that alone is worth anyone's gratitude, he confesses, taking one quick glance at Nyx's eye; the blue one from his angle, and in Damien's opinion the most beautiful of the two.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The Night did not find herself a hero in any way. She had set prisoners free, had taken care of the mentally wounded and had even fought off a lynx to protect the woods' young. Still, she was more a warrior for justice than a hero. She hated suffering herself so why would she let another do the same? Then again, perhaps it was just to hide all the wrongdoings Nyx had done in the past. Covering up the traces of a demon with the actions of a hero.

"a loyal friend"... More like a loyal prisoner of the woods. Friendship? A by-product of her own ambitions, was it not? She didn't know why but being called a friend was not something that calmed her. Did he expect something else from her now that they were unofficially bonded by the friendship she had never felt? She looked at him then, the creature born on the darkness of the woods, just like her. I did not do it because I thought of you as a friend either. She added. I simply did not want to lose you again.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Not a friend. It stung. Damien fell silent for a moment, trying to find a hidden meaning to her words, but there was little to pick up from her voice. He didn't know how to react, but the next comment felt like a kiss after the previous blow. And yet I disappeared... Again, he says, feeling the sharp knife of guilt cut through him. He had disappointed his closest friend once and over again, and he still did not apologize. He didn't deserve her forgiveness, so why ask at all.

I'm here to stay this time. I don't want to lose you either, he admitted, trying to find her eyes to communicate how serious he was about that promise. There were many things Damien still had to do about Blackfeather Woods, and there was no way of accomplishing any of it if he didn't have Nyx by his side. Nyx I know I've hurt you but... I'm not here only to get back my throne. I'm here to share it with you he says, the meaning of his words being much more than just what they were. He was back to get her back. They were a proposal, for a pact, for an alliance. In Damien's words it was a beg for forgiveness through an offering of all he could ever hope to gather. He would share it all with her.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She nodded sternly, Her soul not bending. She would no longer sympathize with him. Through thick and thin had she fought for her place in the woods, to stay where she belonged, and how many times had Damien not followed suit? She did not hate him for it completely, but she couldn't say this trait of leaving again and again was a desirable one. At least she could trust herself to stay, perhaps even Kove. The rest was disposable. As long as they stood strong, she knew The Woods would remain - with or without The Prince.

She glared at him, a curious look to show she was interested at least. Some would be flattered to hear it, but at least Nyx didn't show it upfront. So that were his motives. Overthrow her old father to place them on top again. Things had been peaceful ever since Kove took over... She didn't know if this hurt their image or made it better. Creatures of darkness her ass - there was little dark about The Woods anymore other than the actual shadows. She was no subordinate, she found. The role only fitted her because she had been content with it. A tempting promise, that much was true, but how much could she trust his words?

Kove is a fine leader, but I cannot say I do not miss the old days. She admitted softly, a quick glance over their surroundings confirming there were no eavesdroppers. My loyalty lies with The Woods alone. If you promise to restore it to its former glory, I will gladly assist you. A slight smile krept upon her features, cold gaze lighting up for a short while.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

They agreed, Kove was perfect for the Alpha position. He had the skills to hold his seat and the experience to lead a successful pack. But in Damien's opinion, and seemingly Nyx's too, he lacked the fire that Blackfeather Woods needed to be restored to its former glory. Yes, Blackfeather Woods was going through its lowest point with all the damage caused by Vaati and Kove was the only thing holding everything together, but it was hardly the time to give up on their lifestyle. However, Damien had learned a great deal about relationships in the past couple years. He'd realized how important it was to take care of those that surround oneself. Alliances were important and family fundamental. He couldn't just overthrow Kove like he did Burke or Nemesis, he had to make sure he remained by his side and if that meant that the older Dark Brother had to hold the crown while Damien was there to support him it was a fair price. The Inuit deserved it anyway.

Your father is a fundamental piece of my plan, Damien revealed, I do not want to stripe him down from his well earned promotion. We can support his leadership while we make Blackfeather Woods an elite again, he explained, driving his mind to the next topic. Damien was a faithful believer that in order to make of Blackfeather Woods an elite they had to breed their own kin. The odds of converting an outsider to their ways were too slim without Meldresi. They had enough proof of it after years of deserters and traitors. Even their own spawn had been tricky to handle, but he believed it was because Potema was not influential enough to manage her own children.

I don't know if you're aware but... When your mother was faithful to Blackfeather Woods she meant for you to be my consort, he revealed without mincing words. He remembered it clearly 'She will bear your children, if you so wish to continue a purified line,' she'd said. She had it all planned out that wicked woman, and sometimes her plans were actually good. She had proposed it the same day that Damien himself had named Nyx and her brothers. Out of all of them, four to be precise, only Nyx remained loyal to the Dark Brotherhood while the other three were lost to oblivion. It had to mean something. Damien lifted his gaze without masks, without shrouds, seeking Nyx's star eyes I've never wanted anything more than for you to be my mate, he says, and the world holds its breath for the night-kissed muse's reaction.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He did make her think about it all, that much was true. She hadn't stopped to think about her, The Woods and their image for a while. As Gamma and daughter of their leader, she had duties (mostly assigned by herself) and conversations like this had been missing for quite a while. Strange that she only held meaningful conversations with Damien. Or was it? They had known each other for a while now. Him leaving and coming back was the only consistent thing in her life, it seemed. She let out a soft sigh, gaze averting for just a second before she focused on her partner in crime.

How do you propose we do that? She asked in a cool tone. The wolves now part of our Woods are not elites. I think they are content the way we are now, almost nothing remains of our former glory. How will we make them listen? She expressed her concerns with a frown, wanting him to have all the answers like he usually did. But to be honest, their plan wasn't one for just two wolves. They needed minds like theirs, or at least shape them like theirs.

Her ears flicked. The news took some time to sink in, but her eyes grew slightly wider. Of course she did. She commented coldly with disdain. It wasn't surprising, but still it pained her to think she really was only an object to the darn monster of a mother - if one could even call her that. Her only daughter - yeah just marry her off to some guy while she stumbled unknowingly through the woods. What a life she had been promised. Still, their own children might just be what they needed for their plan to succeed. Minds to shape... Wasn't that what she wanted? And how she had lusted for Damien's affection... Could she want him like that again, given time?

She let an uncomfortable silence settle between them as she thought things through. What did she have left to lose besides her purity? Then I will be. She answered, confident about her decision. For The Woods.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Nyx was perhaps the only wolf that regarded the matters of Blackfeather Woods with the same seriousness as himself. Not to discredit everyone else's efforts, but For Damien the pack's agenda as the only thing above everything else. He believed that the pack's interests and his own were one and the same, which seemed to be the same for Nyx, and he loved discussing these matters with her.

For now we will have to work with the wolves we have. If they have stayed this long with Blackfeather Woods I think they deserve our loyalty as well. We need to prove to them that we can fulfill our promise. Aries, your ward, has become quite the specimen, for example. And Relmyna has beget my brother's pups. She's now bound to us by blood... We could put them both to good use, he started explaining with a tone and rhythm that suggested he'd already given thorough consideration to the situation in Blackfeather Woods. But if we really want to be successful we will need to raise our followers to think like us. In fact... We will breed them, he concluded, and he knew that both himself and Nyx knew what that took to accomplish.

Had she kept him waiting Damien would probably have run out of air and collapse. The silence she allowed to settle was killing him but, in the end he knew that her thinking through it was a good sign. And in the end Damien was rewarded for his patience. 'For The Woods' she'd said, and though Damien had actually expected a more sentimental response he had gotten what he wanted. After all they've been through Damien can finally call Nyx his mate, and his heart skips a beat just at the thought of that. However if there was anyone colder than Damien it was his muse herself. She simply stands there, looking at him as distant as ever as she gave him her response as though it was a business call. He could not yet recognize it, but the urge that he was feeling was for placing a gentle kiss upon her star-kissed skin, an urge he held back. They would get there with time.

Come, he finally said after starting tentatively at her for maybe too long. Then he stood up and stepped once towards Redgrove and awaited his muse to do the same before tracing a straight path into the blood-painted field. There, hidden by the red foliage existed a place that Damien had kept for himself for a long time. With the roots of an old large tree and a moss-covered rock acting as an entrance arch a large hollow had been awaiting the right moment for eons. There were pelts cured and dried by Damien himself long ago carpeting the floors, and a collection of bones, stones and black feathers decorated carefully designed ledges on both sides. The den had been defended against foxes, crows and all kinds of rodents for years, but Damien hadn't used the place as sleeping spot only because it was too large for him alone. He hoped Nyx could change that.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He was right. About Aries that was. Her ward, though she had nearly forgotten him in the heat of the moment, had already proven his loyalty to her. Their plan of escape, his willingness to stay by her side regardless of where they would be, was enough for a great accomplice and ward. She had not nearly praised him enough for his loyalty to her, besides the hug she had given him. Physical contact was not Nyx's thing, that much was true, but that was also more because she thought of life as business. There was no need for sentiment if one had loyalty. There was no need for love besides for one's home and family. For now, at least. Soon enough she would realize that by tying herself to the Forest King, he would become family as well.

I know not much about Relmyna, but I have defended her spawn against a lynx. She flicked her torn ear, knowing Damien did not know the story behind the injury unless it had spread through their woods. Aries has my complete trust. He will follow me regardless of what will become of us. She announced, actually rather proudly. His conclusion shut her up though, even though she was generally a rather silent spirit.

She nodded then, agreeing with it. Though she knew not how Kove would react to such a thing, if Relmyna's pups were allowed to exist so were her own. She was born and bred right here, had barely left the place, and her loyalty to her brothers and sisters was undeniable. If she was not the perfect contestant for breeding pure Dark Brothers then she didn't know who was. Definitely not Moonshadow or Ocracoke or even Relmyna for that matter. I have almost reached my 24th moon cycle so a heat will not escape me for very long anymore. She informed, hating to have them both wait for it.

And just like that, she had gotten what she had wanted moons ago. She wished her feelings for him would return shortly, not knowing she had them still but kept them hidden even from herself. She stood perfectly still then, a faint smile on her muzzle. Yes, Nemesis, she had chosen him herself - there had been no need to force the two together. She simply stared at him for a while - the man she had known throughout her whole life was now hers and when he told her to follow, she did. Close by his side did she stalk into the redness of the Redgrove, wanting to be part of it all now.

Once they arrived at the place he had wanted to show her, she smiled. It was beautiful. It was almost out of place in the grim Woods. Other-wordly she would've called it, had the silence between them not been so comfortable. Unlike Damien, the ice queen let some urges slip by her defenses and so, should he not reject her advances that came pretty out of no where, her muzzle slipped through the dark fur of his neck for a brief moment.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Their alliance was sufficient on its own, but having loyalists and followers who believed in their claim was the most important weapon for their rise. Averna and Astara were Melonii blood, Aries was as good as a son to Nyx and Relmyna was malleable enough to count her in should her connection to Kove not be too serious. They were sufficient, they were a strong foundation to what Blackfeather Woods needed to become, and the only thing lest was figuring out a way to place them both on top again.

Lets not worry about that now. We will both be ready when the time comes, said Damien in response to Nyx's brief on her heat cycles having noticed her worry and discomfort. Nyx was a flawless specimen and Damien doubted their union would come with complications. All they had to do was wait, be patient, and their commitment to Blackfeather Woods' cause would be rewarded with healthy spawn, but everything great started from the bottom. They had to take a few baby steps before they could fly.

But oh, how impatient was his lover.

It took her but a minute after Damien lead her to their nest for Nyx to attempt her own advance, nuzzling Damien's neck lovingly, slowly. Physical contact was a delicate matter for Damien, having had few and ever-uncomfortable encounters through his life. While Asterr had been a pleasing woman their union had only been one of pure instinct and beyond their friendship and the secret daughters that carried their blood they shared little else. And there there was the whole drama with Cicero, which had ultimately driven Damien off his rails and deep into a darkness he wouldn't have been able to come out of on his own. This time it was different. Nyx meant so much more than just a friend, and even plenty further than a lover. Nyx was Damien's deepest desire that had grown from a cold promise of political interests to deep love like Damien had never felt before. He had seen her become a woman, he had seen her become his woman, and now only his fears stopped him from letting her in. But he refuses not to her touch and with a soft whine he allows her to run through his fur with warm kisses. At some point Damien gathered enough courage and pressed against her himself, running his nose up her neck and planting a shy kiss upon the base of her right ear, and for the first time in his lifetime Damien felt pleasure.