Blacktail Deer Plateau Cause we're both made from scars
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It was late in the night when Kavik's breaths steadied, when Liri finally abandoned her unsuccessful attempts to sleep. She'd slept better than the years before since finding Kavik, since settling on the plateau, but with the recent argument and subsequent departure of Grezig, she was back to roaming the night with insomnia. Carefully, she stepped around her mate so as not to wake him - dark eyes studying him for a half a heartbeat in the dark. There was glint in her eye that spoke of being unfamiliar with the man sleeping at her feet.

With a soft sigh, she left him behind. 

The distance between them was her own doing, she knew but she found herself unable to breach it. How could she when she could barely meet his gaze without imagining him on top of Grezig? Her eyes closed against the thought, a stab of seething anger causing her to grit her teeth. 

Her footfalls were silent as she left the atrium behind, a pale spirit weaving amongst the gloomy confines of the woodland. She wandered without direction, darkness pressing in comfortingly to hide the disfigured body she'd come to detest, paws leading her to the edge of the timber. 

In the moonlight, the golden grass of the steppes seemed silver - rippling moltenly as a breeze caused the stalks to dance. Stars winked from the pitch of the night sky, beckoning her onto the open expanse of grass, her head tilted back to take in the spirit lands. 

Her children were there somewhere. The thought brought only a dull ache where it might have once crushed her. It had been so long, Pip's face was blurred in her mind - a blank slate that had yet to develop. 

Liri sat by the stream's edge as she reached it, gaze lowering to the stream. It was too dark to see her reflection, for which she was extremely grateful, but her gaze locked blankly on the roiling waters.

It flowed on, ever changing, yet went unseen by the sleepless leader.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."