Blackfoot Forest Well, I'm just gonna do here what I gotta do here.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Back dated to yesterday when they first got here?

The eerie feeling of the forest was immensely outweighed by the relief Taki felt that the hardest part of their journey was over. They still had a long way to go, but there were no more mountains until they reached the glacier. 

The sun had risen a little bit ago, which meant it was time to stop and rest. Taki turned and motioned to @Siarut (for visability) that they could stop here for the day. As she always did, she first went over to @Shivali to check on her and the pups. She gave her older sister a nuzzle in greeting before looking over all four pups and ensuring they seemed okay. Turning back to Shiv, she smiled and asked, "How are you? Do you need anything?"
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali puts down the child she’s holding and collects the others as they’re set down too, eager to replenish their bellies. Already she can see the struggle to keep up as they have to switch around every so often to get all they need. Tomkin disappears off to find a den after setting her oldest son down and she looks up as Takiyok approaches, giving her a nuzzle. She made such a long journey once before but this time is different, with more to worry and care about.

“I am okay,” she says, quietly, with a strained smile. It’s apparent she’s not entirely okay but what else is she to say? The greater the distance between herself and the woods benefits them all more than it doesn’t, worried they’ve already noticed their disappearance.  “I need to eat.”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki notices the strain on Shiv's face and wants so bad to ease her stress, but she knows the best way to do that is to get them to their new home. She offers her sister reassuring nuzzle before saying, "Of course. I'll see if someone can help me hunt once we get settled." Taki was glad for any way to make her sister feel better.

"I know it sucks right now, but it will all be worth it when we get to the glacier," Taki soothed. She really hoped it would be worth it, anyway. She had a list of worries that constantly played in her mind, and that was one of them. She also worried about how Shiv and the pups would handle the trip. "Do we need to slow down at all?" They had been keeping a fairly slow but steady pace, but they could probably take it a little slower if Shiv needed it; Taki would gladly do that for her. 
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Shivali settles on the ground after the nuzzle, making herself comfortable as the four growing children root around for milk. She does her best to keep herself open to Takiyok but closed enough to offer the security to them they deserve. An additional mouth to feed isn’t ideal but she thinks about the stillborn, how her body had meant for a fourth and some justification to the odd-colored canine.

“I know,” she says, glancing away from the feeding children, “I trust you.”

When it comes to slowing down, can they afford it? They’ve only just crossed the mountain range and for healthy wolves with no children to care for, it’s a breeze. Blackfeather Woods could be on their heels and they don’t even know it. The greater the distance, the better chance they have. They sacrifice their stamina to get away, messing up the scents along the way. Shivali shakes her head. “No, not yet… we’re not far enough away.”
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Much like she did with Sia, Taki craved the approval of all of her older siblings, so when Shiv voiced her trust in Taki, it settled in her chest and eased some of her self-doubt. She wasn't quite sure she deserved the trust yet, but it still felt good to hear it. "Thanks, sister," she said smiling.

Shiv declined her offer to slow down, and Taki found she was glad for it. She, too wanted to get far away from blackfeather woods as soon as they could, she just worried about doing it at the price of her sister and the pups' health. But if her sister said she was okay at their current pace, Taki would take her at her word. 

Taki lied down next to Shiv, letting out an exhausted sigh and she moved. "I can't wait to be home," she said, already considering the glacier their home. She was eager for the pups to be out of danger and for she and her family to have a place of their own.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
As Takiyok settles down beside her, Shivali turns a little and rests her head against her shoulders. It is strange to hear the word home and it not be the tundra. They are only going to something mimicking their homeland and she has a hard time imagining it’s the be all end all to their decisions. But Takiyok thinks it’s where they need to be and she knows they can’t be in the woods anymore and so through a weary thin smile, she nods her head in agreement. It’s away from the woods and that’s all that matters, and it’ll be good enough for them all—and, if it’s not, they’ll come to that conclusion later.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads