Blackfeather Woods Might be over now, but I feel it still.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 
@Siarut, @Shivali, @Tahani Forward dated to 7/5
@Tomkin for visibility since she can't bring him into pack territory

Taki had made it back in two weeks. She had kept a somewhat relentless pace, especially on the way home, and it showed. She had lost some weight but knew she would; it was not uncommon for her on long, solo, journeys since she didn't stop to hunt until she absolutely had to. Excitement filled her chest as she passed over the borders of their pack's territory. She couldn't wait to see her siblings and the pups, but most exciting was the fact that she had found Tomkin and he had come back with her. She had left her littermate just outside the territory, telling him to wait there until she filled everyone in. She didn't want to leave him out there, afraid he would be gone again when she got back, but she had little choice since she needed to go to Shivali's den, and he couldn't exactly tag along.

She was also excited to tell them of the place she found that was so much like home. She was impatient and wanted to lead them there now even as tired and road-weary as she was. She knew that couldn't happen, though. Her nephews and niece were still young and couldn't be left, nor could any of them leave with her and leave their vulnerable unprotected. 

As she neared the entrance to her older sister's den, she let out an excited howl, letting her family know she had returned with news. She then sat down outside and waited for the other three to join her.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Day in and day out, she waits for her sister. The first few, as much as she’d like her to return home with Tomkin in tow, knows it is unlikely. But the days turn into weeks and eventually, she begins to worry. What if she doesn’t find Tomkin? What if something happened to him? To Takiyok? Every ounce of worry imaginable crosses her mind and she does herself to keep busy with the children, watching one milestone after the next in her absence. She’d rejoice if all the family were together; she even misses the other two that remained in the north, but they are still safe and protected by what’s left of their family.

When she hears the call of her sister, her chest swells and she knocks @Aningan loose from feeding and shakes loose from @Sos and @Tunerk to slip from the den. Tahani and Siarut have yet to arrive but she doesn’t care, rushing right into her sister’s chest and whining excitedly, noting hints of Tomkin’s scent buried in her fur. When she pulls away, she looks around a second time for her brother without realizing the consequences should he step inside the territory. It barely occurs to her they’re part of some pack these days, isolated only to themselves as of late. Shivali then looks expectedly upon her younger sister, eagerly awaiting the details.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He had slipped away with the mind to find his sister a meal, with the pups still so young and their father seemingly absent Sia had taken to bringing Shivali meals. He would leave it near the entrance, allowing the scent to waft into the den and she could grab it at her own convienence. He longed to greet his newest family members, nose them, and comfort them so they might know that there would always be someone to protect them. He had yet to achieve such a connection as he had no desire to overstep the small rekindlying of friendship between himself and Shivali. 

Although Tak's call brought his mind away from the hunt. He cantered back to the densite. Overwhelmed by his sisters returned. He had been worried as the time stretched, her absence was evident. But he was also confident in her skill, and the knowledge that he had taught her. He slight form did not surprise him, as he had experienced such things before. Sia would just have to make sure she ate properly now that she was once again with family. 

He came upon his sisters embracing, and it warmed his heart. A large smile curved his lips, as his tongue came to pant in the heat of the summer. "Takiyok. You have returned!" He was glad to have his right paw back.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
with all there had been to do, Takiyok's absence had gone by in a snap. Tahani was gathering herbs when the call rang out, and she hastily stuffed the greenery in the nearest cache on the way before trotting swiftly through the forest, tongue lolling in joy. Shiv and Sia were already there, and she gave them both affectionate nudges before covering her baby sister in kisses, grinning.

"so glad you're home, Taki," she murmured, pulling back to stare at Takiyok. my, how she'd grown! it hadn't only been the past half-moon that had flown, but seemingly the past several seasons. she still remembered the fuzzy pup the young scout had once been. "how was the trip? did you find what you were looking for?"

as she asked, Tahani caught the same notes of Tomkin on her fur that Shivali had already picked out, and the healer smiled, waiting for the answer--but knowing what it would be.
Common · Inuttut
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Shivali was the first sibling to answer her call since she was just inside the den. When she met her with excited affection and whining, Taki couldn't help the excited whine that left her own mouth in response. She took a deep breath, taking in Shivali's scent like she had done so many times before and reveled in the comfort it brought her. She could smell the babies on her, too, and couldn't wait to see them.

Sia was next to arrive, and she couldn't contain herself. She bounded over to him as he spoke burying her face in is neck, breathing in his scent as well. So many times on her trip she found herself wishing her older brother was there to experience a particular thing with her, knowing he would think it was funny or appreciate it as much as she did. She moved back a little to look at him. "I told you I would, brother,"  she said while grinning. 

Not long after the words left her mouth, Tahani arrived, affectionately greeting Shiv and Sia before scouring her in kisses. Taki laughed and nuzzled her older sister also taking in her scent. Taki could smell herbs mixed in with her scent, which was normal for her healer sister. In fact she had come to associate the smell of certain herbs with Tahani because Taki had grown so accustomed to them being mingled with her own unique smell. 

This moment when she was reunited with her family had been what she looked forward to most over the last two weeks; it was was she thought about when she started to doubt her resolve, the images of their faces giving her strength every time.

She stepped back to face them all before answering Tahani's question, knowing it was the same question the other two had as well. "I found Tomkin and he's fine," she replied grinning at the memory of finally tracking him down. "He was up north in a place called Duskfire Glacier." She was so excited to tell them about this place, she just hoped they were as excited. "It's an amazing place on top of glacier. There's caves, and hunting, and it's beautiful. I want to show it to you guys." She left out the part about wanting to leave this place and go there forever because she wanted to first see how they reacted. At the very least, she was hoping they would agree to check the place out once the pups were old enough.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
TELL ME.

Tell me. Please?

Shivali sucks in a breath, not sure she can wait for her littermates to arrive. Soon, she’ll strangle her younger sister for information. But lucky for her, Siarut falls in line and not long after, Tahani. She greets them both properly and waves her tail. While they share their own greeting, she stands a moment to peer inside the den to make sure all three children were still sleeping despite the commotion.

But she’s back, sitting down in time to hear that she’d found Tomkin (duh) and that he’s fine (yay!). When she goes on about something else, a new place—a glacier? Ice?—she perks up even more (if possible). A beat later, she turns for a shared look with Siarut. Their discussion is fresh in her mind and her eagerness to find home when this place clearly isn’t it. If this is the chance to raise her children anywhere else, what not seize?

“Where is he?” she asks first, eagerly.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut affectionally nosed Tak as she approached him. He held no doubts about her return, and was glad to find the journey a success. Returning Tahani's greeting in kind with a similar nudge. He had no need to add his own questions, as he was sure the ladies would get to all the queries he had in mind. Rather he listened to the animated talking of sisters. He was glad to hear that Tomkin was well, as it meant Sia would have no guilt over beating his ass into the ground when they next met. 

The mention of a glacier perked his interest even more, as he returned Shivali's glance with a slightly raised brow. This could be the chance they had been searching for. He could think of more questions bubbling on his tongue but would first hear of their brother before diving into knowledge of this new land.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
good news, all around. she had found Tomkin--and something else, too. somewhere cold, much more like their old home. Tahani's stomach clenched suddenly in longing; she wanted desperately to go with Takiyok now, to take in this place with her own eyes. she glanced toward her littermates, then looked at her younger sister, beaming.

"is Tomkin with you?" she asked, echoing Shivali's question. she hoped so--she hadn't seen him in such a long time, and she worried about Tom so often. it would be nice to have everyone back together again, especially now that they had the pups.
Common · Inuttut
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki smiled at her family all sitting in front of her. "I couldn't exactly bring him inside the territory," she answered, chuckling a little. "I left him just outside the borders." She had left Tomkin with the promise that she would hunt him down cause him pain if he wasn't there when she returned. She didn't just march halfway across Teekon just to lose him again.

She looked at her three siblings with a serious expression now. "Look, I left a couple wolves at the glacier to watch over it until I could make it back. I couldn't just leave it to be taken over in my absence." She wasn't sure how long it would be before she could travel back that way, but she was determined to go back. The next time she found herself at the glacier, she would hopefully be in the company of her family, as well. "Once the pups are old enough, I want to take you guys there. I've mapped out the route and am certain I can get us there without any problems," Taki added with resolution in her orange gaze. She didn't think she would have to do much persuading but was ready to do just that if needed.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
It makes sense where Tomkin is and she’s antsy to see him. She doesn’t turn and take them right away—briefly forgetting there are three helpless creatures nearby—and she frowns at the thought. She looks to Tahani briefly, and then back to her younger sister as she goes on to talk about the place she mentioned. Shivali feels nothing but a whirlwind of feelings, but she wants to take all of them there, a place that sounds like home. A place that could be home?

“We’ve been talking about leaving the woods,” she hesitantly tells her, glancing to either of her siblings for reassurance that this is the right thing. The woods never felt like home, and doesn’t feel like it even with all her family back together, and if Takiyok has found a place as wondrous as a glacier, then everything is falling into place perfectly and she can’t deny any of it anymore.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"If what you say is true, this could be the sign that we needed." He wouldn't dare call it home yet, it was still to early for such talk. But the way Takiyok spoke, how excited she seemed, it gave Sia hope. He wasn't sure who she could have left within the territory she had found, and it made him nervous, but he trusted her judgment. 

"You've done well Tak." He wasn't sure how plausable it was to leave with the pups so young, but that decision was up to Shivali. Sia trusted his sisters navigation skills, her skills were on par with his own. There wouldn't be much conviencing needed, none of them had felt this place as home, even Shivali who had been here the longest.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
"it sounds perfect for us," Tahani agreed, echoing her brother's sentiments. her eyes shone with newfound possibility. a home of their very own, a substitute for the tundra that could end up even better in the long run. she hadn't thought much about it, while looking for Shivali, but now that the idea had sprouted, there was no killing it, in her mind. it had taken firm root.

she nodded, smiling as Sia praised Taki.
"yes, sister, well done," she crooned, running her muzzle along Takiyok's cheek. "now, rest and eat. and come see the children, too. they're growing like wildflowers." her grin grew wider at the thought of them; they would be so joyful, to see their older sister, a new wolf with which to romp and play.
Common · Inuttut
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki basked in the pride emanating from her older siblings. She was also filled with excitement at hearing that they had been discussing leaving the woods. The glacier would be a perfect spot to start over.

Tahani's words brought Taki's immense hunger to her attention. She wanted so bad to see the pups, but she realized she hadn't eaten in two days, as she had been too eager to get home with Tomkin. "Food sounds like a good idea, sister," she said, deciding she needed to tend to her more pressing needs before indulging herself and visiting her nephew's and niece. "I'm sure you guys want to go see Tomkin anyway," Taki added, yawning as soon as she finished her sentence.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
“Let’s get you something,” she says as she makes to stand, rubbing up against her younger sister if allowed. “The puppies will be happy to see you,” she adds with a low purr, nipping at her cheek gently. They can visit Tomkin soon, perhaps go in pairs and she’s suddenly too shy to offer to go first. He disappeared because of her, doesn’t know of all the things going on since he’s been gone, and she’s not so sure their reunion will be all that great. The mother nudges at her sister, encouraging her to follow for a bite to eat.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads