Stavanger Bay Help, I need somebody
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
@Rosalyn @Raptor Hello! Sunny here needs some assistance. @Engel maybe he could say hello to Sunny and he could tell him of Gray's death?

As soon as he had hit the coast the scent of sea salt made him want to see his Aunt. He spent a while searching and found himself unable to find the bridge to Undersea. He did however find a pack he didn't know and decided to ask them for help. He hoped they were nice as he lifted his muzzle and called to the leaders.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He had returned from Ironsea. And while back, it just seemed quiet without Awinita singing, and even seemed as if Smoke had...well, disappearing like smoke. Something didn't sit right. And a distraction was offered as he heard a howl at the borders, and over he headed. Only to feel something in the pit of his stomach. "Sunny? What might you be doing here, eh?" he asked with a friendly demeanor.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When he had called for a leader he had not expected Engel to show up. He remembered what the male had done to get kicked from Morningside but with a fresh experience of just how hard it is to control yourself around women he sort of understood. "I um...I need help finding the way to Undersea. I have news to deliver to my Aunt Seelie." he said, his voice holding sadness even though he had grieved for a while. It was then that he realised Engel didn't know and his face fell even further. "My father passed away. He got sick, went to sleep and never woke up. He left behind a mate and newborns" he said looking down at his paws.

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gulped. That hit deep, hearing that. So Grayday was gone, then, and while he never thought back on Morningside, it still hurt. "Well I...I'm sorry, Sunny. Grayday was...he was a great guy" the older male said. "Undersea...Undersea..." Was there another coastal pack he had not visited? "Well I've seen some coastal packs but not one called Undersea...I'm sure I could help find it" he added, willing to visit this pack as well.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny swallowed down the lump that had risen in his throat and nodded slowly "Yes, he really was. The best father anyone could ask for" he said softly. The best father and Eventide,River and Kitten won't get to experience it... he thought and smothered the whine that rose in his throat. 

So Engel didn't know about Undersea. He sighed softly and then remembered a detail "There's a land bridge that crosses to an island. That's where Undersea is" he said, hoping this would trigger some sort of knowledge to get there.

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded. He had not had much fatherly experience himself. In fact he left his family early. Never saw any of them, not for such a long time. So knowing a great father like Grayday had left the world, he felt sad for Sunny and the others. 

Sunny spoke of a land brigde, and Engel shook his head. "Nope, not come across a land bridge either. I'm sure I could find it, though."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny gave a long sigh and frowned. He had no idea how to find Undersea, having never been there himself. When Engel offered his help he nodded and almost stepped forward before hesitating "Do I...come in or do you want to help me from outside?" he asked with a slow wag of his tail.

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel paused at that. He was not too sure. "I, uh...I can call someone. I just got here, and our previous alpha has disappeared so I'm..." If he were honest, he was not sure who to call. So, he threw his head up and called for someone that could at least help. "Let's wait...so how is Morningside? Still the good old place I left?" He paused for a moment. "How is Pema? And Aditya?"
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's ears perked with surprise when Engel said he didn't even know who was in charge. The alpha just vanished? What?! How can a pack run when the one running it isn't even known? He decided not to comment his opinions since he didn't know anything about the pack to have a right to form them anyway.

"Morningside is doing...or it was until dad died. Pema and him lead as alphas. Pema is pregnant now, Uncle Shale's pups. Aditya and Dawn are mated. Catori...Catori had dad's pups and she's probably destroyed..." he spoke the last bit as if it just dawned on him. He needed to go home, to help Catori out as much as possible and try and help her grieve in a healthy way. Like she had done for him when Keoni died and he felt broken.

Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She needed to call a meeting.... this was clear.  She gave a chagrined smile when she heard Engel call for... somebody, and shook her head.  Well, no time like the present.  She'd do it soon as she attended to this.  Or the day after.  Whenever she got her thoughts gathered enough, leastaways.

She arrived to find Engel speaking with a stranger, and her ears fell forward with interest even as she lifted her head to look at them.   "Ay, Engel.  Who's this, then?"  If they were lookin to join, they might work out.  She cast an eye over them.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel turned to see Rosalyn had come to answer his call. "Aye to you, Rosalyn" he said, looking back to Sunny. "Sunny's the son of...an old friend. He was looking for some family, but does not know where their pack is. I was going to help" he explained, pausing for a moment so she could register the situation. "Was wonderin' if he could rest here for a bit, then we can get going. Somewhere long the coast."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny looked up as a female came and gave a wag of his tail, wondering if she lead the pack. When Engel explained what he needed Sunny flicked his ears  "Hello ma'am! I'm Sunny Dagfinn Morningside" he introduced himself. He gave a smile "I'm looking to find Undersea. My aunt runs it, there's a land bridge that crosses to it apparently. If you'd let me rest for a few hours, I'll move on. I just need some help finding my way" he explained in depth a bit more, keeping his tone respectful.

1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Hmm.  If he'd shown up on his own, Rosalyn likely woulda told him there's plenty of other places to rest, and to keep on trekking.  But because Engel was a friend, and crew, she was far more lenient.

"Alright.  If Engel here speaks for ye, then I suppose I don't have much worry.  Just don't cause any problems."  She glanced between the two.  "Sound fair?"  She didn't see any issues so long as this Sunny kept to himself and didn't bother the rest of the crew.  If he started something, though, he'd have her teeth to contend with.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was surprised to hear that. His aunt? He didn't remember Grayday having a sister, did he have a sister? Or maybe a relative of Spiritwalker. It surprised him, for sure. "He won't cause any. Right, Sunny?" he asked to his friend, glancing to him then back to Rosalyn.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny almost sagged with relief when the Rosalyn gave him the okay to rest here. He'd been moving around so much without rest the idea of a quick nap was amazing to him. "No ma'am, No problems at all. I can even try to catch something to add to your food if you want as payment for your kindness?" he offered, turning to Engel with a slight smile before looking back to Rosalyn. He had no idea what kind of prey was around here, birds would be best but fish made the most sense and he was absolutely not a fisherman.

1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Aye, that'd be appreciated."  If he would hunt while he was here, he should share - it was their claim after all.  But again - that he was Engel's friend offered a small amount of leniancy here.  "Let me know if you have any trouble."  She gave Engel a small nudge, then nodded to both, dismissing herself if neither needed to ask anything further.  She was a little curious how they'd come to be friends, but she had a few things to take care of.  There'd be time to chat with Engel later.

sliding her out, feel free to continue without her if you wish!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked to Sunny after Rosalyn gave him a nudge and left. "You doing all right?" he asked, somewhat concerned how he was actually doing after having lost Grayday. "Losing such a great father...Just want to know if you're doing all right, kiddo." And he wondered how Dawn and Pema and Aditya were doing, but he did not ask. Not yet anyway.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nodded to the leader and watched as she left before stepping inside the borders and looking to Engel. The question was harmless but he was tired of it, what did people think? That he could lose his mom, his first love and then his dad who was the closest one to his heart and be fine? "No. I'm not." he said in a curt tone and then flattened his ears.

"I wasn't okay when it happened. Everyone else was being strong for one another and everything just burst inside me. I lost it. I hurt Dawn and got sent away for a while. Gotta grow up before going back" he said and then looked at the ground. "But I'll be fine. I'll go home eventually and I'll make it better."

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was taken by surprise by the answer, and the rant afterwards. He was surprised cause, despite the death of his father he seemed chipper talking to Rosalyn. Then, he glanced down sad. Go home, make it better. If only he had been given that choice. 

"How are they all these days?" Engel had to ask, he was curious how they all were. "You know, I threw out all I remembered about Morningside. Could say for the first week alone, I was not happy...but I understood. Unlike you, I never really did grow up. So I'll say this, grow up fast. The chance might just slip on by."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"My half siblings are good. Dauntless is one hell of a fighter. Aditya and Dawn are good. Aviana is good,shale too. We're all hanging in there together" he said with a small smile. He hadn't meant to be so short and mean to Engel, it had just been a long few weeks. 

Feel free to wrap up! Have Engel lead Sunny away or something ^_^

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He smiled, glad that they were all doing well. Especially Aditya...one day he wished to be friends again. He had been so kind to him, and now he was sure not anymore. "Good...good they are all well" he said quietly. His demeanor switched suddenly, and he grinned. "Well, I'll show you round then!" He gestured, and off he went to lead Sunny.