Redsand Canyon A Demon's Fate
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
lil' @Pyro

The widow made her way solemnly through the canyon she had once called home too. It was a nostalgic feeling, being down here again with the canyon's bright crimson colors and familiar lay-out. She had recruited members for Moonlit Hills right here, together with the man that had only barely stolen her heart before he left without a trace. Burke was far better. Burke would always be better than any man. Her lonesome howls at night as she wandered without her family nor her friends rung through the canyon also this night. So many lost to the time that kept creeping up on all of them. It didn't need to be so sudden, did it? She pawed at the red sand before she looked up to the sky.

There, she spotted her beloved mate and mother, shining as bright as on any night. But they weren't with her. Not really. And if they were, she could not feel it. Not this time at least. She sighed as she curled up near a structure as strangely crafted as the rest of the canyon was, tail tightly wrapped around her body to simulate the feeling of lying with them all again. Her three precious men...
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
For timeline purposes I'm gonna say this thread is set at the night of this day

If you asked directly, Pyro would admit that he held hopes of finding some sort of trace of his brother every time we went out in a scouting mission, but that was never the case for as hard as he tried. Vass had been gone for too long and his trail could only withstand so many moons. However Pyro's resolve was unparalleled: he wanted his family reunited. He had already made plans to scout the southern regions where he last saw Burke and Malice before leaving without notice, but he could have never seen the next thing coming. He heard it making his way across the canyon, sharp as a knife, calling for him. It was his mother's voice in a howl, there was no mistaking it, and it was so close that he could not believe it.

Pyro ran desperately through the red sand desert under the moonlight bound to where his ears and heart told him she was, and eventually he found her. She was there, in front of him, sitting with her muzzle pointed skywards just the way he'd seen her stargazing many times at Riverrun. Mom? he called, still at a considerable distance, which was then eliminated in a swift sprint. Mom! I can't believe you're here! I've missed you so much, he kept barking, his tail turned a gleeful mess as he anxiously danced in front of her not knowing how to cope with the emotions.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away

Her last howl quieted down, the echos growing softer and then it was quiet again. No response, as on any night. No peace from the loneliness that haunted her. She had given up most of her hope of anyone returning to her, making her wonder if she had even been a good mother, mate and friend. How could she know? How could she know with no one there to tell her?

When the thunderous sound of footfalls reached her, she was immediately on guard. Had someone heard her? She hadn't crossed any borders, she was sure of it, and the scent of others was only slight here. She squinted into the darkness and shadows, making out a figure she faintly recognized. It had been so long since she had seen her little boy. But instinct told her this was him. This one was hers. Pyro? She called back, thinking she was dreaming or hallucinating despite this all feeling pretty real.

She got up onto her feet and, if allowed to do so, would nearly run up to her son, chocolate tail swishing happily from side to side as she went in for an embrace. Oh, my Pyro! Where have you been?! I missed you so much, are you well? She asked motherly, hopefully not strangling him too much.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

His mother. His actual mother was standing in front of him and Pyro couldn't hold back his excitement. Whines full of joy and anxiety spurted out of him unintentionally and suddenly he found himself trapped in his mother's loving embrace. How was it possible that out of all the wolves in the world he would find his own mother by chance after so long?

Oh mom I've missed you so much! he said, almost crying but letting him mother's arms to soothe his emotions. I'm well. I've been in so many places mom, so many wonderful, beautiful places!he managed to say from within his mother's deadly embrace. He thought that maybe he should take her there some day, up north where the lights touch the land and the snow covers everything. She would love the way the stars would shine at night and how the nights were longer during winter. Some day he would take her.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She held him close to her heart, pressed him against her as if she was going to lose him again any moment now. When her smallest had left and her eldest one followed, she didn't know what to think. She knew pups left their family, she knew it yet had not expected it of her own offspring. But, honestly, she was just happy to see him again. No anger remained from her sons' abandonment, just unconditional love.

Where is Vassago? He went to find you but neither of you ever returned - I was so worried... She closed her eyes, hoping to breathe in the smell of puppy, her own spawn, but instead she found the smell of pack - of an adult. Thank the stars you're safe... She whispered softly, finally letting her embrace loosen.
~Adopt Avalon!~