Wapun Meadow Pale wanderer
38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
For @Siarut and/or @Takiyok! Eep!

Pesi soared happily overhead, wings parallel to the meadow far below him. Meanwhile, Fisher walked with purpose, eyes trained on the creek that laid ahead. She was naturally drawn to moving water, having been a creature born and fed by it in her past. Approaching the water's edge, she slowed, footsteps deliberately soft against the summer grass. Cautiously, she peered over the edge to see if there were any fish. There were none. Pity. With a small huff, she leaned down to take a sip of the cool water, lapping it up with her pink tongue. Her ears swiveled for any alarming sounds as she did, but they found none.

She then crossed the shallow water, not minding her feet getting wet. The scents of many wolves of various ages intermingled in this area; it was likely a common hunting ground, and that was for good reason, she suspected. Maybe she could find something edible if she kept searching. Fisher put her dark nose to the ground to sift for scents, continuing westward while she did.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
With his family lounging in the sun, or playing in the grass, Sia found a moment to himself. Tak and Tomkin were both awake and nearby, keeping watch already, so the ice bear ventured away from the main group. Headed for the sound of rushing water, his tongue dry and in need of refreshment, Sia headed for the small creek that made it's way through the meadow. 

He slowed as he caught the scent of another in the area. This was a particularily dangerous part of their journey, with all the wolves mingling about. He approached cautiously, until he came upon the woman. Her pelt as pale as his own, with feathers woven into her tail and scruff. "You linger near pack territory. Does that not make you nervous?" Siarut spoke his native tongue, as he often did when coming upon unknown wolves. His form was one of intimidation, his massive size overwhelming her own small frame.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Distant footsteps caught her attention, ears perking in their direction. Fisher lifted her head and was surprised to find what she saw. The stranger, too, appeared to be of northern descent, and she wondered what brought him down here. Though, he was absolutely massive, even for the gray wolves she had encountered in this land. Fisher stopped a safe distance away, being cautious as she was with any stranger, though she couldn't help the sparks of glee in her belly at having come across another northerner.

He spoke her language, too, as she expected. That was relieving to her, as her native language was articulate and eloquent, unlike her English. The words he spoke, however, were clearly a warning, as was his demeanor. Well, the man really didn't have to try to be intimidating with his massive size, though the pale woman would never show fear to a stranger.

I have nothing to fear, as I am passing through, not lingering, She replied honestly and confidently, though there was no challenge to her voice. Fisher was no fool―she would not come remotely close to claimed land.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He was glad to find the northern tongue fall from the pale woman's lips. He could never be to sure with the pale formed wolfs that ventured around the Teekon. Her fearless demeanor impressed Sia, it showed her northern roots.

"And what is your purpose once you have passed thru?" Siarut inquired as he took a few steps closer, searching for any pack scent upon her pelt. It seemed as though this travel was destined, having encountered so many frozen wolves along the way spoke to the validatation of their journey. The glacier would become a sanctuary for the northern wolves, who could find a family amongst them.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
To her surprise, the man moved closer, now appearing less guarded and more curious. Still, Fisher couldn't be sure of his intentions just yet, so she prepared herself in mind and body in case she would need to flee. Though her muscles were coiled beneath her alabaster pelt, she stood rooted in place, and her expression remained calmly determined as she answered, It is my purpose I'm searching for. It was then Pesi descended onto her shoulder, having likely realized she had stopped and turned around. Fisher's hardened, gilded gaze only wavered from the nanook momentarily as she noticed her companion's approach.

She was curious of what this man's name was but would not ask any questions until she could determine if he were a danger or not. A very biased part of her wanted to blindly trust him, someone who spoke her language and was more like her than anyone else she'd met down here, but Fisher knew that was foolish. For now, she would stick to answering his questions and trying not to get on his bad side.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
good luck idk if Sia has a good side.....JK!!!!

A purpose was a difficult thing to come by, and Sia comended the woman for her efforts. Just as he was about to speak a creature swooped down from the sky, and landed on the woman's shoulder. Green orbs watched the newcomer curiously, "Your friend I would assume?" 

"A purpose is something not easy to come across." He spoke softly, gaze still fixed on bird. For the moment he had stopped the woman from venturing further into the meadow, he would evenutally have to inform her that she would need to go around. He wouldn't let her get any closer to the pups that were resting inside.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Here, have an essay. I'm sorry, lmao. I'm really getting into writing Fisher. It's mostly just her inner conflict.

Pesi tilted his head as he observed the man, probably as surprised as she was to see another white wolf in these southern lands. He let out a gutteral croak, then said Hello! as he'd been trained to.

Yes, She answered simply, eyes softening when they landed on Pesi again. The behemoth spoke again, even gentler now, regaining her attention. She found herself agreeing with his statement. So it seems. The response was vague and uninformative. Some wolves would have gone into detail about where they were going or what happened to bring them to where they stood now, but she was not one of those wolves. Not yet, at least.

Then, the wind shifted in her direction, tousling her fur and allowing her to catch the man's scent for the first time. Buried within his pelt were the scents of other wolves―his pack, she was sure. It could be assumed he had one by how he acted, but she couldn't have been sure from his prior wording. A pang of jealousy came over her for a heartbeat with loneliness at the core. Fisher felt the sadness build up behind her eyes, but she refused to let it spill over.

Should she... ask him if he would accept her into his pack? The thought of doing so―of admitting to herself how lonely and lost she truly was―terrified her. But if not this pack, then what other? She felt so... detached from southerners, and the language barrier didn't help. Fisher had never wanted to come here, never wanted to have to come here. At least if she tried to join this male's pack, maybe she'd feel like she belonged somewhere again. Maybe she'd find her purpose with them.

You have a pack, The small snowfield started. It was a statement―an observation, as opposed to question. She swallowed uncomfortably, choosing her words carefully before continuing. I have become separated from mine, but I think finding my purpose involves becoming part of another. If you're willing to accept outsiders... I would like to join. And there it was. Fisher already felt vulnerable with what little she had said, but she couldn't take the words back now. For acceptance or denial, she waited.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
I love essays! hehe BTW I dont mean to be difficult!!!!!!!! just being dramatic

He was surprised by the words the came from the bird, "Hello to you as well." He smiled slightly. This wasn't the first time he had let down his guard when meeting a northern woman, and it probably wouldn't be the last. The woman seemed to understand her own plight, so Sia let the topic sit for now. 

She was a logical thinker it would appear, perceptive in the fact that he had a pack and knowing she was in need of one. Siarut looked at her seriously, "You don't know me, or my family, and yet you would willing submit to me? Without even knowing my name?" He had thought to offer her a home, if that is what she had desired, as soon as the northern tongue had escaped her lips. Siarut still would, but he was curious as to what she was thinking, and what was going on in her brain.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
You're good! ♥

Well, when he said it like that, it made her sound foolish. But was she, really? After a moment's thought, questions were brought to her lips in rebuttal: How will I get to know you or your pack without being among you? Even if I heard things through the grapevine, how else would I learn the truth?

She decided an introduction was in order, taking a step forward as she spoke again. My name is Aqakuktuq. This is Pesi. Fisher gestured to the shadow on her shoulder with her eyes before continuing. For me to join your pack requires trust from both parties, but I am willing to put trust in you. Will you do the same for me? Another question rang through her mind, directed at herself; when did she ever talk this much?

She felt strange, being out of her element and in unfamiliar territory. But Fisher could senses the tides in her life shifting, perhaps towards something better and brighter than they were before. Change wasn't always a bad thing, she had to remind herself.

It was time for a change in her life's course, but this time she was steering the ship.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The woman gave a valid point, and Sia nodded along with her logic. He hadn't meant to sound difficult, but wished to hear he analysis and reasoning for such a leap of faith. "Aqakuktuq, and Pesi, nice to meet you." He dipped his head, and flicked his ears in recognition, "I am Siarut." 

Could he trust her? Now that was the question of the hour. "Trust is earned." He gave a dramatic pause for the affect, as if he would refuse her request. "But..... I'm willing to give you the chance to gain my trust. If that's good enough for you, then I would welcome you on our journey." Sia offered her a smile, and waited to see what she might think of his proposition.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Siarut. She mentally filed the name away. Fisher was pleasantly surprised to hear him say it was nice to meet them and see him give a dip of the head. Slowly, Siarut appeared to become less and less guarded over the course of their conversation. Still, he noted solidly how trust was earned. She agreed with this, but how he let the statement sit in the air like heavy fog made her anxious. Would he still deny her? "But..." He began, slicing through the fog. Then, acceptance. A smile.

Aqakuktuq smiled with him. It was a genuine, wholehearted smile that she hadn't felt in months―since she was with her family, seeing her parents' most recent litter of pups for the first time. Such deep expressions were rare on the snowfield. It is. Thank you, She murmured, body taking on a slightly sheepish posture as she took a few tentative steps forward. Sensing the shift in her demeanor and perhaps in their course, Pesi now tilted his head at Fisher before lifting off from her shoulder. He croaked overhead, glad to be on the move again.

Then, the pale wanderer asked, Where are you―or... we―traveling? She stumbled over her words, having to remind herself that she was included, now.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
hope you don't mind me slightly pp Pesi

She seemed pleased with his proposition as s beautiful smile broke her lips in response to his own. She lowered her guard and took a few steps toward him. The bird took flight and Siarut took this as an indication that she was ready to go. Turning back toward his families resting spot, Sia watched Pesi circle above their heads waiting for a direction to head. 

"We are headed to a place known as Duskfire Glacier. It is supposedly very similar to the arctic tundra. Have you lived among ice before?" As a scout for his natal pack he had met many a northern wolf who did not live among the ice and snow, there was a chance she was among such a rariety. Green eyes shone with curiousity as he looked over his shoulder at the following female. Her petite, feminine frame travelled gracefully alongside his bulk and brutish swaying. He held his own grace, but her could never compare to the opposite sex.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
That's fine!

Aqakuktuq trailed close behind Siarut, nerves calming more and more with every step she took. His answer to her question was that they were heading for Duskfire Glacier. She'd never lived on a glacier before, so that would be interesting. The few times she had ventured onto frozen bodies of water were not overly pleasant experiences, but she was willing to adapt―or try to, anyway. The nanook then asked her a question in return. I lived in a valley with glaciers in the distance, but I've never been on one. Winters were harsh, though, Came her answer. Not wanting the conversation to feel too one-sided and feeling more at ease with a fellow northerner, she asked him, What about you?
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Nodding in understanding to the young woman, Siarut was still curious about the bird as he flew overhead. Sia's gaze drifted around, but usually settled on the bird. He knew of a bone lady who spoke to the crows in the north, but they were not her companions, merely friends that came and went with the passing of time. 

He question was releativly simple and Siarut had no issues answering, "My family and I were born on the arctic tundra, in the never ending winter. We grew with the slippery ice beneath our feet, and huddle close together for warmth. I imagine the Glacier will be very similar to where we were born." Most northerners knew of harsh winters, and he hoped she could use her winter skills to adapt to the endless one they were heading toward. He wouldn't ask of her past, that was a conversation for another time. They were getting closer to the clearing his family rested in.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

38 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Fisher noted the man's interest in Pesi, his olive green eyes always seeming to find their way back to the raven. The description Siarut gave of his life up north sounded tremendously difficult and full of struggle. You're even more of a northerner than I am, then. My family was in the taiga, She observed aloud. Though much more able to survive in harsh winter conditions than most southerners, Fisher imagined (and hoped) that the glacier wouldn't be quite so unforgiving.

Noticing Siarut's gaze land on her airborne companion again, she said, You're probably wondering why I'm friends with a raven. It sounded strange when she spoke that sentence aloud. Upon any sign of affirmation, she would explain, We were both young when I found him, injured near a river. I always had a fascination with ravens and their intelligence. I begged the medic to heal him. Ever since then, he has insisted on staying by my side. And stay he has, she mused internally, shifting her own eyes to peer at him, now. Pesi was the only living thing she was still in contact with from her life up north.
Inuttut | English
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
A light smile came from her comment at being more northern, "You will be the same one day, my family will teach you." Sia hoped that as time went on the bridge between friend and family dissolved and they were all just one large family group. Just as his family had been. 

His curiousity at the bird was answered with a story that was touching. "You have a kind heart." There weren't many who would take any interesting in an injured bird, and many more who would have had the bird for an evening snack. "And you have found a loyal companion." His gaze drifted upward toward the bird once more. "You are both welcome amongst the others, but I would suggest leaving the pups alone." His suggestion was laid with a heavy paw, obviously not a mere suggestion. Siarut could not guarantee her safety if Tahani or Shivali thought she was to close. 

They arrived at the meadow where his family resided for the moment. Most had taken to dozing, even the pups were nestled closely to their mothers. "Make yourself comfortable, we leave once the sun has set." He nudged his shoulder against hers, leaving his scent upon her should any give her trouble. He would introduce her later, for now he let @Takiyok (for visibility) know that another had joined them. "Welcome to the pack." He called as he took up residence beside Tahani.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}