Phoenix Maplewood Sorry for bumping into you...
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Private 
Here ye go @Greyback!

The smell of the rabbit Loir was chasing after was making her more hungry. She was a Joiner of the Morningside pack, and she was glad she had managed to be accepted into the pack, being she needed a new family. As Loir was aiming for a potential hunter rank or trade, she was hunting alot, and hunting was fun in her opinion. Loir had managed to find a rabbit, and she had been chasing after it for a minute or two, and she wasn't exhausted at all. She did start panting eventually as she bolted across the grass, hunger grabbing at her pelt.

However, eventually Loir realized she had to somehow stop the rabbit and kill it already as she noticed another wolf was nearby. Male. Loir had been gathering information about the large male by all of his scents, but she was so focused on her possible prey right now she wasn't even thinking of the male. Just then, Loir tripped on a rock and ended up knocking right into the wolf, and she scurried back up. Damnit! She cursed to herself, and she looked at the male. I'm so sorry. I was trying to kill that rabbit, but I tripped! I should maybe keep a better eye out next time...

TAGS: @Greyback
[Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
HUNTER TRADE: 1/5 threads
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Humming a graceful tune to himself, Greyback walked on top of the slope, his tail waggling behind him slightly as he enjoyed the evening breeze and sun that warmed him bones. It wasnt everyday that the sun shone so brightly and was accompanied by the wind. Today was beautiful, and a great day to get out of the territory and explore the lands; After all, the man had arrived in the dead of winter. It was hard to take in the beauty of everything when it was burried under at least 2 ft and snow and dead. It was only then that he felt a hard thud against his chest that he stopped, his eyes snapping open and he looked down.

"Damnit!"

A female, young and white, stared up at him in shock, her eyes reminding him of the orange fruit that grew south. Raising his brows, he looked around. A rock, big and visible laid behind her. It seemed she had tripped over it. Chuckling a bit, he stepped back to give her a bit of space.

"I'm so sorry. I was trying to kill that rabbit, but I tripped! I should maybe keep a better eye out next time..."

'A rabbit?' Greyback turned his head around in search for it, its tiny body disappearing under a shrub. "Ah.." He said, turning back to face her, having to look down to meet her eyes. "No need to be sorry miss, I should of seen you coming, it's quite alright." He gave a warm smile. "Are you hurt?" His amber peach eyes glanced down at her paw, wondering if she had injured it.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir had been glad that the male was rather friendly about it and not harsh, even going ahead and asking if she had injured herself. Loir then looked at her paw, trying to see if there was any sign of cuts or any kind of injury. After all, that rock had been slightly big, but it had mostly knocked the wind out of her than anything, she had even thought she hurt herself but felt lucky that she hadn't. Apparently, no injuries. Loir replied, smiling a bit in half relief and half smiling for the heck of it.

She then cast a glance back at her rabbit that had disappeared into the shrub, and hunger was ripping at her pelt. Perhaps she could give up the food for the male to eat instead? Loir didn't know. She then propped herself up and sat down, her rump kissing the grass on the ground. Anyways, what have you been doing around here? I've just been hunting.

Perhaps making some friends around here would help?

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Apparently, no injuries."

Greyback followed the womans eyes, worried that she might be injured. However, a sigh of relief left his mouth as she stated otherwise. "Im glad, it would be be quite the predicament if I had to carry you back to your pack and explain that you were hurt because of me." The edges of his eyes crinkled as he stifled a chuckle. Though easthollow and Morningside were in alliance, he didnt know much about the pack, though he guessed they were probably friendly.

"Anyways, what have you been doing around here? I've just been hunting."

Sitting slowly, his joins aching slightly as he moved, Greyback joined her in the grass. "I was just enjoying the weather, miss. Its a beautiful day out, wouldn't you agree?" The man waited for her reply, looking around before dipping his head back and taking in a small sniff of the air, the tang of a rabbit hitting his senses. "Hold that thought." He hushed, his tone soft but not belittling.

Getting up slowly and softly he crouched down and turned his head, the grass didn't do much to hide his giant figure. However, it did help to block out the sound of his pawsteps. He kept his tail low and head straight as he sniffed around, his nose leading him right to a rabbit that was busy washing its paws ahead. Smiling, he looked over his shoulder and tipped his head, motioning in front of him to the rabbit.
'keep still.' he mouthed, hoping she would pick up on his words.

Turning back, he took a step closer, and closer. Slowly, but hurried. Once he was close enough he licked his jaws and lunged forward, a growl escaping his mouth, followed by a screech that was cut off. His massive paws slammed down onto the rabbits back as his teeth buried themselves into the soft fur, it didnt stand a chance. Getting up, he turned back to her and walked over with the animal hanging limply from him.

"Take it, please." he commanded, his voice muffled.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir nodded as Greyback had explained how he had been enjoying the weather, and she couldn't help but agree. Indeed, it is very beautiful weather. Loir agreed, smiling. Just then, she had noticed the male getting up and going after some kind of prey, and her ears perked up in curiosity as she watched. He's a very good hunter, that's for sure. Loir thought in awe. Well, at least she knew the two apparently had something in common! Both were good hunters. Then, Greyback had brought the rabbit to Loir and requested for her to take it. Loir nodded and gently took the rabbit, having it rest at her paws. When she would leave to go back home, she'd place the rabbit in the caché.

Loir had to admit, it was fun spending time with someone outside of Morningside. Besides, the wolf smelled of Easthollow, which Loir knew were allies of Morningside, so hopefully it wouldn't hurt talking to an Easthollow wolf. What's your name? Loir then asked. My name's Loir.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback felt warmth bubble in his chest as the female took the rabbit. Surely she had something to eat now, and if not, it would probably benefit some mouth within her pack.

"What's your name?  My name's Loir."

Embarrassment spread through the mans body, all the way up to his face, flushing it. How could he have forgotten to introduce himself? Especially now since it was so late in the conversation. Dipping his head, he promptly apologized. "My apologies Miss Loir, I should have introduced myself sooner. I am Greyback of Easthollow."

The name still felt weird on his tongue, Easthollow. It was a wonderful pack, and while he had been there for a few months, it still was quite a change from his former name, Greyback-Bear of North. Though he was glad he no longer carried 'bear' around, many were already scared of his size as it is.
"Lovely name by the way." He smiled "You're from Morningside, correct?"

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir silently repeated Greyback's name. Greyback of Easthollow, an interesting title in Loir's opinion. She smiled lightly at the older wolf's comment about her name, and nodded when Greyback had asked if she was from Morningside. "Indeed I am." Loir replied. "I joined them not too long ago." The black-and-grey wolf remembered how she had trespassed on Morningside territory while chasing after a rabbit and managed to find herself among their ranks, as a Joiner.

Hopefully she would manage to become a full member instead of just a Joiner.

Loir looked around, seeing that the Taiga had basically helped her to gather new questions, but she didn't want to overwhelm Greyback with questions. "What's life in Easthollow like?" Loir wondered aloud.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback hummed and nodded at Loir confirmed his suspicions. As the first Morningside wolf he had met, she had already given him a good impression of the pack. 

"What's life in Easthollow like?"

The massive man looked down at her for the question, a puzzled expression on his face. It had been months since he joined the pack, but he had yet to settle in and form strong connections with others. Perhaps it was because he was much older than the wolves, or maybe because he was just new. "Easthollow is a paradise," He joked, but not was sarcasm. "It's very beautiful. The wolves are some of the warmest I've met in my long lifetime, but, all is not perfect." The elder paused, his words caught on his tongue as he mulled over what he had said. Perhaps it was best not to share this information with another wolf, one that was outside of Easthollow. Narrowing his eyes ever so slightly for a brief second, he gazed over the grey female. No, Loir was good.

"The prey is strong, and some of our best wolves tend to get hurt when we organize hunts." he smiled. "What about you?"

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir took in all of the information Greyback had been telling her, and Easthollow sounded interesting. It sounded like quite a maybe peaceful pack, or just an overall interesting pack. Maybe if Loir had known where Easthollow territory was located or something, maybe she would've been able to find the pack and join them, but she had managed to go for Morningside instead. Loir didn't want to tell her joining story, and felt it was too embarrassing.

When Greyback had asked for her answer, Loir decided to explain. "I really like Morningside. Everyone treats each other like family, and they make me feel welcome. Everyone I come across, I manage to befriend." She happily said, smiling as she thought of how she had managed to find a family in the pack. "I even managed to impress some packmates or two with my hunting skill." Loir loved hunting, and knew that maybe, if there was only a hunter rank, she could've maybe joined, but Loir had not heard of a rank called "Hunter" before.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry for the late reply!

"I really like Morningside. Everyone treats each other like family, and they make me feel welcome. Everyone I come across, I manage to befriend."

Greyback pulled his ears back, continuing to smile as the female talked about her pack, it was no surprise that she talked fondly of them, admiration shining through her words. The man was glad she found a home and was enjoying it, Loir seemed so nice; it would be a shame if her pack didnt respect her. "Im glad you're able to find friends, Miss Loir." He humbly replied, his attention turning to the left to watch the field, taking in its orange- washed beauty under the setting sun.

"...I even managed to impress some packmates or two with my hunting skill."

The man couldnt but stifle a laugh at the words, the past event rolling within his mind. "Is running into them while chasing rabbits part of progress?" His tone was light, airy, and held a bit of sarcasm. He meant well, only wanting to exchange good-natured banter with the Morningside wolf. He looked out of the corner of his eye to study her expression, ready to correct himself if he had overstepped a line with the lady. 

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
It's alright!

In her opinion, Greyback seemed like a very nice Easthollow wolf, and she smiled when he had said he was glad that she was able to find friends. Greyback had then made what to Loir seemed like a joke, a question about if bumping into others while chasing rabbits was part of progress, and it made Loir chuckle. "I guess so!" She laughed. Now that she thought of it, it was kind of hilarious when she had accidentally knocked into Greyback while chasing a rabbit. Plus, she wasn't the kind of wolf to take jokes the wrong way.

Loir had to admit to herself she enjoyed being with a wolf who was part of a pack allied with Morningside. It meant that perhaps interacting with one could make the Easthollow pack have better impressions of Morningside as well, maybe.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"I guess so!"

The man chuckled once more, relaxed that she took no offense to his joke.

He looked back to the sky and let himself be washed in the suns light, the wind carrying his fur, and with it, the scent of Morningside. Relaxed, he looked over to Loir, knowing he would have to depart soon and return home to his duties.

Rising to his paws, he dipped his head to her once more. "It was simply a pleasure to meet you, Miss Loir, but I must be on my way," He gave her one last look, hoping to lock eyes so he could remember them.  "May we cross paths again, and that the father sun guides you safely home."

He waited  for her reply before turning around and hiking his way up the slope before disappearing into the forest.