Duskfire Glacier Rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 
forward dated to the 26th
There were so many things to do, and the pale brute felt like eveything was pulling him in a different direction. Borders needed marking, hunting need to be done, and their were new wolves that needed to be met. There were two new scents that he had yet to met, well formally meet. They had arrived promptly when Takiyok had called, but he was to weary to properly meet them. As he ventured from the den area, once again checking on his sisters, Siarut found the scent of the one known as @Mirabelle. She had been awfully close to the den are, and it made him slightly uncomfortable. 

Following the scent the best he could, he sought to find the woman and prove to himself that she was trustworthy. 
ugh sorry for the crap post..... just fyi Sia is crabby, soooooooo no promises
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she had yet to introduce herself to everyone.  now that they were all here and there were so many of them, she took it upon herself to keep the babies entertained.  her horde of toys and trinkets was growing, and the chickens were truly starting to produce eggs now.  she often traveled to the forest and back to bring the eggs and freeze them in the glacier.

she was on her way back with an egg in her mouth when she crossed the path of siarut.  she dropped the egg in the ice and covered it in snow with a swipe of her paw and gave him a dip of her head.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The woman he was looking for appeared before him, with something in her mouth? Was that an egg? Like a birds egg? He gave her a curious look. "What are you doing?" The ice bear asked the petit girl as she burried the egg. Inuttuk falling easily from his tongue, not thinking twice that perhaps this woman didn't speak the northern tongue.

It wasn't common place in Aningan to bury eggs, normally you ate them. They were good to eat, and he used to see arctic foxes snatch them all the time. He had never seen anyone burry them before especially not in the snow. 

The woman didn't speak, not that he minded, but he did have a few questions for her.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

takiyok had told her what the language was called, but she could not remember it.  i do not speak your language, she says simply, averting her eyes.  i am mirabelle, she follows, the smile slowly returning to her face.  which one are you?  there were many of these white northerners, and she knew of more than one male.  but ah, this one had the same pelt as her, the same eyes.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She averts her gaze as Siarut nods understanding, he couldn't begrudge the woman not knowing his language, there were man that did not. He files her name away matching it to her scent once more, giving him a more firm grasp of her identity. "I am Siarut, Tak's eldest brother." The ice bear dips his head in proper greeting, "I asked, what are you doing?" He motioned to the egg that was now just a lump of snow. His green gaze held curiosity, he searched for her similarily coloured eyes.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

they are for the children.  i bring them here, along with many other items.  sometimes i hide them in the snow, like this, sometimes i hide them in a large horde along with other toys.  bones, feathers.  she motions her head towards the den she has created, takes a tentative step in its direction.  i can show you, if you'd like.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"You hide them? And the pups search for them?" If this was the case, he commended the woman on her teaching skills, this game developed invaluable skills that the pups would need in their lives. He was impressed. Siarut looked over at the den that she had created, and gave a gruff nod and took a few steps toward the den. Letting the woman, Mirabelle, lead him to where they were going. "Why would you do this for them? For children that are not your own?" Siarut found the thought purplexing, he was related to these youngsters by blood and he would do anything for them, even little Currituk. But this woman was not, she hardly knew them, any of them, yet she seemed to have prepared for their arrival. Siarut was sure that Shivali could get a break if she needed it due to this woman, but he need to understand her motives first. Was she trying to endear herself to him and his sisters? Was it a ploy to let down their guard, so she might slaughter them? Perhaps she simply couldn't have her own? Siarut didn't understand, but he wanted to.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

that is the idea.  but they have not found any yet.  snow was difficult, and it hid scents well... but here in the ice and snow, they would not rot or go bad, and they would be available still for quite some time.  so she did not worry.  

his second question gave her pause.  she wondered what kind of life he must have led (probably something similar to her own), and she gave him an indeciperhably sorrowful look that lasted only a moment.  because they are children.  she let it hang in the air for a moment before she followed it up.  and we are a pack.  we are all family now.  that was how this worked — it was the only way she could see herself staying here.  they have been through a lot.  they are young.  she didn't know what caused the family to move them at such a tender young age but it had been something.. and that was enough for her.

they rounded on the treasure trove and she stepped inside.  sunlight trickled in from above where the ice thinned, and along the floor lay bones and eggs and feathers, shiny rocks and trinkets.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut nodded, he hadn't really thought about what they were doing outside of their small family. He had brought others in to help him ensure the safety of his sisters and their young, but he hadn't thought about the end result to deeply. On a cursory level, he understood that they were following him, and bonding to each other as a pack, but this idea that his family had grown struck him suddenly. Siarut could merely nod, he had to mull over what she had said before he could confirm her words. 

Instead he focused on the pups, and he words, "They have been through much." With a small frown he gave yet another nod, "Far to much." Shaking his head he looked at the trinkets she had found and gathered for them. Siarut looked over each one, amazed. He had never thought to use such things as toys to play with, his own childhood had not been so pleasant, be he had a feeling the newest generation would have a much different upbringing than his own. "Have you spoken with Shivali and Tahani?" They were the deciding factor on how close she was allowed to get to the children. Despite her answer he would speak with them both, imploring them to relinquish their firm hold once the territory was official theirs.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she averts her eyes again, traces her paw over the ridged lines of an antler.  she does not know where this family hails from or what their story is.  it was etoille who had tied her to this place and she had thought little of it until she had heard that there were children and oh!  how her heart sang for them.  she would provide them with everything she could, she would make sure they wanted for nothing.

his question breaks her from these thoughts.  only in passing, she admits.  it has been busy, trying to get everything set up for us.  you came back with many more wolves than aleks and i had anticipated.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
feels like a Dancing With Wolves moment

"More than I had anticipated as well." He grumbled under his breath, to be fair he had recruited all the wolves that had accompanied them home, but he had not thought that their small family pack would grow so quickly. His only saving grace was that the majority of this wolves seemed to have some sort of northern decent, he didn't begrude the select few that were not, and was happy to teach them there ways. 

"My sister Tak recruited you." Siarut was still amazed by all the trinkets that she had scavenged for his family. Although his statement was bland, he continued to look around. The shiny rocks caught Sia's attention as he flicked one with his nose. "I'm sure the pups have been happy to have your company." To translate the stoic man, he was glad to have Mirabelle to look over the children. Especially since she already seemed to genuinely care for them.  "Have they behaved themselves?" The pale brute wasn't sure where his authority with the children stood, but he was the only male family member for them to look up to and he would take that very seriously. Just as he took everything else seriously.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

i do not do much with them yet, she admits, because i was not sure how the family would feel about me being around them.  she focuses on creating a small pile of toys, sweeping away snow in the main area and half-convering some others to make things more interactive.

but i took currituck to meet my chickens the other day.  she got to try an egg, and for the most part she was very good.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut nodded, "Perhaps I will talk with Shivali and Tahani about letting you join them, so they might get to know you better." He wasn't the best judge of character, but it wasn't him that she needed to impress, it was the mothers. He did know one thing, with everything that his family had been through it would be good for his littermates to get a rest. 

"Where do you come from?" Playing with the children required the permission of their mothers, but Siarut wanted to know the wolves that would be the foundation of his pack. The wolves that would come to be family. He looked up from the rocks at his paws, and turned toward the woman. She was pale, but small, and her eyes reflected in his own.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

that would be nice.  getting to spend time with the children was something she desired, if only to fill a certain void of her own.  she is glad that she did not have children when she had the chance, for where would they be now?  but there is always next year, if she can manage.

north, she supplies, though i do not think it is the same north as you.  there we had mountains and grasses but also bitter, cold winters.  we had bands instead of packs.  uh, they roam multiple territories.  fight often for hunting ground.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut nodded along with Mirabelle's description of her previous home. He imagined that winter here would be fairly brutal to any who were not used to it, he had nothing to worry about, but he was glad to here that there were others that had some experience with harsh weather. 

"And you belonged to one of these bands?" One of the reason's Sia made sure a good scout was his desire to learn about others, he was fascinated by the history of others. Mirabelles past was no difference, the alabaster male wished to know more about his new packmate. "But now you are here?" His query was innocent, merely a desire to know her.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

At least he seemed interested in her.  It made her feel like she was truly part of the pack and family.  She offers him a widening smile.  I did.  It was a loaded statement; she belonged to them far more than he knew.  But eventually she had earned her respect there.

I am.  I ran into your sister and told her I could watch the glacier for her, while she looked for your brother.  And you?  Where do you come from?

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut nodded along to the woman as she spoke. Offering simple answers to his loaded questions. The man couldn’t help the upward turn of his lips, she gave nothing away and it made him wonder if he was this way toward others.

“We appreciate that. I appreciate that. You helped a great deal by staying.” Siarut flicked a stone, causing it to roll over and wobble at his paw. Dipping his head he sniffed her toy his nieces and nephews would soon be playing with.

“We are from a pack on the tundra, Aningan.” Sia gave a small smile, fondness of his previous home warming him. “It’s much colder there than here.” His gaze lingered in the pebble, the woman presence almost forgotten. Before he cleared his voice and refocused on Mirabelle. “It’s a place none of us will most likely see again, but this glacier represents our home fairly accurately.” The brutes mask slipped back into place, as he tried to think of the right words to describe how they came to be here.

With a firm nod the man looked back out the small hole they had traveled through. He was proud of what Mirabelle had built and couldn't wait to see the children playing with all the trinkets. "I should get going." He gave no reason why, but there were so many to pick from it wouldn't seem out of place. "Thank you for showing me this Mirabelle, I will have to come by when the pups are about." Giving he a small chastised smile the man slowly turned and exited. Heading for the border.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}