Blacktail Deer Plateau ocean
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
All Welcome 
saarthal was officially bored. bored. boreeeed. bored out of her fucking mind. there was no one around, and yes, it would be great to find someone to play with - she didn't really care who, though preferably max, or mallaidh, or varinril. anyone, really, actually, would do. grumpily, the girl plodded along the outskirts of the plateau, only half paying attention to where she was going.

and i say half, but it was probably less than half because moments later, saarthal crashed straight into a tree. "fuck," she swore, stumbling backwards, reeling from the impact. blinking furiously, she tried to regain her balance but honestly, she'd never been the most stable of creatures, both physically and mentally..and actually emotionally speaking as well, and so it didn't even come to a surprise when her back leg caught on a root sticking rudely out from the ground and she fell flat on her butt. "you know what," saarthal spluttered, jabbing furiously at the offending tree with a foreleg, "fuck you too, tree. honestly, you're rude. you hear that, tree? you're rude. and even after mallaidh flirted with you, too. do you know how hard it is to get that girl to flirt with you?" saarthal's expression twisted into a hard grimace then a mere second later, softened into something akin to confusion and amusement, "huh, maybe not. i think it was me, actually. soz, tree."
12 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Listening to this tirade was a nosy sort of passerby — a pale titaness not easily missed; but considering the lack of attention in general her company seemed to have, Bethlehem couldn't be surprised about going unnoticed for once. She wasn't standing terribly close — and half of her tall, dirtied frame was obscured by the broad trunk of a tree she'd been pissing near — but she could see the clumsy, snowdrift wolf quite plainly.

She continued to watch her, for now quiet and wondering what else the provoked girl might blurt out while she thought she was still alone.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
oh, what am i even doing, talking to a tree. saarthal sighed, head hanging and body slumping as she sucked in a sharp breath. in her split second of quiet silence, saarthal suddenly became aware of a strange scent intertwined with the familair ones of the plateau. she remained at ease, showing no signs whatsoever of the realisation. so, how am i going to deal with this? it didn't seem like the stranger was aggressive because they hadn't attacked her when she was on the ground, and they didn't seem to be going anywhere by the lack of sounds she was hearing (or maybe she was just going deaf). whatever. if it was a hostile threat, saarthal would fight her way out of it. she was good at fighting. all romans were. and if it weren't. who knows. maybe she could persuade them to play with her

"if only talking to a tree could get me laid," she said, eyes casting upward to the sky, speaking in a half sincere, curious, absentminded way. she'd never done it before, never gone that far but she'd always wanted to try it out. male, female, other - unless it was another animal (that was not good) - it hardly mattered. she just wanted to see what it was like. preferably a girl, though. "do you find that attractive, pretty stranger? would you consider having a one night stand with me?" saarthal raised her voice, blatantly addressing the passerby. laughter lined her words and joking as she seemed to be, she was almost 90% serious about her requests.
12 Posts
Ooc —
Away
By the change in "conversational" tone alone, Bethlehem knew she'd been found out. This little snow-minx thought herself clever and brave, and the feral sovereign felt warmed to her already. She held all she-wolves in some form of regard or another— seeing as she considered her own gender to be the superior sex— but left the males to work harder in order to earn her favor. She came forward when addressed directly, moving slow and neutrally until she'd coming within a wolfslength of the girl.

Bethlehem's immediate impression of her was that she was young— a trait that would make her company either favorably pliable or overly headstrong, leaving Beth determined to find out which.  She angled her head in a questioning pose, her relaxed stance radiating with a sort of eagerness that loomed beneath a placid surface. One night stand? she repeated coolly, so that the molten-eyed yearling might explain.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
"woah, you're tall-" saarthal gaped at the stranger, scrambling hastily onto her paws, "-and hot. UM, hi." her voice climbed up an octave nearing the end of her sentence and catching herself, the yearling blushed, a deep flush tainting the pale snow of her cheeks. the stranger was beautiful despite being cloaked in grime, tall and imposing, intimidating in a way saarthal rarely ever saw..in anyone. like, it was hot. everything about her screamed hot in a breathtaking, mindblowing kind of way. like, shit, man - imagine being pinned down and —

"sex," saarthal blurted out, her brain-to-mouth filter abruptly shutting down. it took about a millisecond for her mind to catch up, but by then the next words fueled by some sort of weird instinct that took over whenever hot dominant women arrived spilled from her lips, "it's like, uh, unattached sex for one night. or, you know, more. we could have more nights. we could become, like, um, friends with benefits."

wow. that was - oh my fucking god what the fuck am i saying take it all back saarthal what thefuckwhathtefuckdefackfuafkme seriously though i mean — no. fuck no hAH - 
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
If you guys don't acknowledge Mallaidh, feel free to skip me and I'll post randomly. Using for rogue thread. <3 Tag me if you do spot her!

She’d been searching for Varinril when she finds Saarthal’s fresh scent nearby. Stopping and considering, her head turns in the direction the scent is strongest. Varinril had become elusive these days, becoming few and far between. Her goal to find the girl will eventually be abandoned, but she can’t help the worry growing. They’d spoken of the future, in a way—they were supposed to train with the others—but her absence doesn’t quieten the alarms going off in her head.

And besides, two noses are better than one.

Mallaidh alters her course. If she can get Saarthal to help search for their friend, they’ll make more progress. But, of course, she doesn’t expect to hear the words—become, like, um, friends with benefits—with Saarthal’s voice. Brows near together and she tilts her head slightly, and then scents the air for the other wolf. Her jaw tightens and she hangs back, hoping to stay out of range of their awareness. She’d caught Blixen and Rose talking, once, and learned more from either of them in that moment and she’d admit the same can happen hear but she can’t explain the churn in her stomach as she waits for the response.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
12 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Though not typically prone to flattery, there was something particularly endearing to Bethlehem about this one, and she quite cockily let her defenses fall. Maybe it was the girl's lack of verbal restraint, or her immediate enchantment with the things Bethlehem was quite proud of about herself, but the sterling vamp— with those searing, yearning firepits for eyes— had the savage godiva's complete and undivided attention.

She shifted slightly on her paws; powerful body rippling as a near-silent purr thrummed in the cavity of her chest. Had she been more focused she would have realized they had company despite the hidden one's efforts to remain unnoticed, but Bethlehem was feeling every bit her prime and too beyond reproach to pay much attention to anything else. "I see," the victress said after a beat, her thick tail wagging slowly; "I'm tempted, I'll admit, but I don't do unattached." Hers was a kind of love that didn't come free, after all. What's hers was hers, and she was willing to go above and beyond to prove as such.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal should really work on her awareness. it'd been near perfect those days back at home, and even when she was wandering as a loner, even with mallaidh and the others - it never dropped to, well, this level. clearly, whenever someone cute captured her attention, saarthal automatically gained some sort of tunnel vision and promptly lost all her senses to the current object of her affection. anything else was just filtered as excess rubbish. which would normally be fine, say, if she was in her secret spot which unfortunately, she wasn't, and if she'd known mallaidh was anywhere close...let's say there were a lot of things she wouldn't have done. 

but of course, saarth wasn't aware of her friend's lurking presence, and so at the stranger's words, she let loose a whine of disappointment edged with a teasing sort of playfulness which underlined the impish quirk of her mouth. "tempted, huh? i'm honoured..." saarthal took a step closer, teeth working into her bottom lip as she moved with a faux veil of confidence, sure it was going to dissolve any second. "can i tempt you enough to sway you?" and no. i'm not being desperate. okay. i'm not. she's fucking - have you seen her? she's like-my fanta-no, seriously.

her confidence promptly dissolved. "and you know, um, friends with benefits - it's technically an attachment. it's attached sex-" nO i'm not desperate fuck off 

what about mallaidh? oh. um. she's got stuff to figure out, right? i've got stuff to figure out, too. this is my way of figuring stuff out. besides, we're not - she's not ready. and this is just sex - it isn't even sex, she doesn't do unattached. i'm literally just talking. i'm flirting. i flirt all the fucking time and mallaidh knows and she isn't even here - she doesn't have to know. she doesn't even lik- you don't know she doesn't. oh, fuck. off. 

"-and, wait, wow, you've done it with a girl before---? oh, shit. - i mean, sorry, um, i didn't mean to, i-i'm saarthal, by the way." because names mean attachment, right? and because that'll totally correct the mess she'd just made with the words from her mouth and the thoughts in her brain and the complete lack of a fucking filter - gods above, saarth, what the fuck. the blushing wasn't going to save her and the hot flush crawling up her neck was downright uncomfortable. maybe the stranger was nice. maybe the stranger would think it endearing and- 
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
I'm tempted, I'll admit, but I don't do unattached. Mallaidh’s ears press back against her head.

Can I tempt you enough to sway you?

…it’s attached sex.

Her stomach churns. Tongue slowly moves over drip lips, no more soothed by the action. She has to stiffen her legs and keep her from lurching forward, uncertain whether it is Saarthal or the strange that she wants to go after. A new feeling swells in her stomach, twisting ugly tentacles around any remaining logical thought. Her heart beats so hard she hears it in her ears, blocking out anymore of the conversation, jaw tightening as she remains in place. As much as she wants to get out of there, she has to keep pressing the bruise no matter how much it hurts and hear what the other girl has to say.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal should really learn to keep her mouth close. moments after the words escaped her lips and registered with her brain, the girl shrunk back and incidentally, caught a whiff of a familiar scent in the air. she couldn't quite place it, but a sense of dread settled in the pit of her stomach. saarth might not be the most sensible being or the brightest - but she knew when to listen to her gut, and this was one of those times.

"i gotta go," she muttered hurriedly, flashing the stranger a quick smile. "i'll see you around?" saarthal didn't quite listen to the answer as she backed away into the shadows. nervous anxiety simmered beneath her pelt and she swallowed thickly. the roman took a moment to collect herself, then chose a random direction and just - sprinted. god, how she wished to get away from everything and everything and everything.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Saarthal announces she has to go and one ear swivels back. A paw rests above the ground, leaving her stranded. If she moves, she could make a sound and attract attention to her. If she doesn’t, Saarthal could run right into her. Her hear does flips and remains unsettled, uncertain. She chooses to remain in place and wait, hearing thundering footsteps in the opposite direction until they’ve faded out. The other wolf barely makes a sound when she leaves but when it is clear, the girl slips off in the opposite direction to sort out her new thoughts.