Bramblepoint Friends from the other side
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Private 
'Aight, here we go! Forwarding this to July 29th-ish being it would maybe take a while for Loir to travel from Morningside to Great Bear Wilderness.

Loir let out a yawn as she looked up at one of the trees she was sticking around for shade. Summer was getting on her nerves, and she was excited for when fall would arrive. During that time, leaves would be falling and changing colors, the days would get colder, and eventually winter would follow, and soon spring, when pups would be born. Loir looked around and sniffed the air, proceeding to lay down. She loved exploring, and she was extremely adventurous, to be precise. After a long journey to a place called Great Bear Wilderness, Loir needed rest.

Just then, Loir could smell a rabbit, and her ears twitched. Even some squirrels! However, because of the awful heat that had arrived with summer, Loir had no energy to hunt. She felt lethargic, but maybe she'd get some energy after resting around for a period of time. However, soon a scent, belonging to a male, startled Loir. Was she in someone's territory? Loir was usually an extremely friendly wolf, but she would still get frightened sometimes.

"W-who's there?"

TAGS: @Charon
[Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
HUNTER TRADE: 1/5 threads
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was nice that he was able to get out again now that the pups were a little older. Charon was glad that Redhawk Caldera was no longer inhabited; he went to check on it, just to make sure that it was indeed void of claim, and smiled when he realised that it indeed was. Then he doubled back, but not before making a stop at Bramblepoint. He made his way through a winding path. In the distance he heard someone's voice. Ears perked forward and he sniffed the air, but couldn't catch a scent. Maybe the wind was to his disadvantage.

As he got closer and came round a corner Charon saw a female standing there, undoubtedly belonging to the voice. His muscles relaxed, as she didn't look very threatening. "Exploring?" he asked casually. It'd been a good while since Charon had met any wolves out in the wilderness that were neither friend or foe, but just someone random.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
When Loir had managed to find the source of the sound, she had noticed a grey male with some flecks. Calm down, Loir. She told herself. He's not going to hurt you, at least, for now. The black-and-grey female nodded at Charon's question. "Yea, I'm a very adventurous wolf. I like exploring a lot, but I tend to stay away from borders and territories, because I don't think that's really much of a nice thing to do." She explained. Loir, at least, developed a wiser mind after what had happened when she had trespassed on Morningside territory.

That ended up leading her to be accepted into their ranks.

Loir had decided to take a sniff of the air, and many scents flowed into her nose. Prey, trees, foliage, other wolves possibly, what else?
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon fairly quickly drew the conclusion that this wolf was a little special in the head, maybe. He didn't really see any other reason that she would emphasise that she didn't want to get too close to territories and borders; no sane wolf would. In a way she reminded him a bit of his daughter, Korei Julia, and he thought of her for the first time in quite a while with a pang of sadness. He wished that she was still with them, however annoying she could get... He missed her still.

"You're right, it's not," Charon agreed with an impatient tone in his voice. "Where are you from, then?" Maybe she belonged to a pack nearby, or maybe she was a perpetual loner considering her take on life. Charon remained fairly nice on the surface, though it was clear to see from his face that he was so far not very entertained in this conversation.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Impatient boi

Loir could sense that Charon's tone of voice had changed a bit to...impatient? She wasn't really sure, but maybe if he was impatient, perhaps she could leave or just change the subject or something? Talking to others was...something difficult for Loir, depending on how that wolf was. If they were open and friendly, maybe they were okay and Loir could just talk to 'em straight away. I hope I didn't make him mad or anything. She thought. And...should I really tell him about my pack?

Should she?

Loir felt a bit of...regret. Maybe if she ended up telling Charon her pack, she could get greeted with hostility instead, or maybe whisked away? Loir had no idea, but who really cared, honestly? Loir didn't see a single problem with this wolf. "M...Morningside." She replied, calming down a bit. Was Morningside rivals with any packs? Perhaps Loir should know, so that way she wouldn't be messing with the wrong wolf. "If your pack is rivals with Morningside, then maybe I can leave." She said. The black-and-grey female was speaking her mind or something. No, she did not want any beef or trouble with rivals. They could be a harm to Morningside.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There was a short moment of silence; Charon didn't really get why, because his question was pretty simple. Was she from anywhere she didn't like to share? She mentioned some place that he'd never heard of -- Morningside -- and then somewhat skittishly said that she could leave if his pack was rivals with this 'Morningside'.

"I've never heard of Morningside," Charon said, silently answering the question she had only implicitly asked -- no, they weren't rivals with Morningside. "I own the mountain to the west, Moonspear." Charon gestured to Moonspear, though it wasn't visible from their current place.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir couldn't help but feel slightly confused when Charon had said he never heard of Morningside, and she also understood. Maybe he was just so used to his pack he never even heard of other packs, and hopefully it wouldn't hurt for Loir to explain what Morningside was like. When Charon gestured to a place called Moonspear, that wasn't very visible, she nodded. So this wolf did own a pack. At least Loir wasn't in "Moonspear" territory, but she knew some about the pack thanks to her parents giving her knowledge when she was young.

"Morningside, well, it's a really great pack." Loir then said, remembering when she had joined. "We're allies with another pack called Easthollow. Morningside is led by these wolves named Dawn and Aditya, from what I've heard, and I'm their newest member. The wolves there are quite kind, especially to me after what I've been through." Loir then instantly felt bad for saying something that may trigger Charon to ask what she had been through, and telling the story, in Loir's opinion, would maybe force her to break her heart again.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She seemed to have little interest in his mention of Moonspear, but started to tell him all about Morningside. The names that she mentioned -- Dawn and Aditya -- weren't names that came familiar to Charon. He guessed the pack wasn't too far off however, considering this wolf was here and she was part of the pack.

It didn't escape him that she mentioned 'what she'd been through' but Charon had never been one to listen overly long to wolves that would ramble on about things. He certainly had no intention of asking this girl about what she had been through. Maybe he would've if she'd been a pack member, then mock her for it -- he thought with a pang to Dhole and Pyx, two wolves who'd had a tendency to ramble on about things, but were no longer a part of Moonspear now -- but he had no relations of any sort to this girl and therefore owed her no such interest.

"Hmm," he murmured. "Where is Morningside located?" This was the only thing he'd gathered from her words that might interest him, if the pack was really near. He'd had a lot of connections to the packs near to Moonspear before, but most had left the area or disbanded.
The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir instantly used her memories of the home of Morningside, and remembered where it was located. "Snowforest Taiga." She replied. "They mainly also live in this place there called Dawnlark Plains. Another pack lives in the Taiga, I think, called Bracken Sanctuary." Loir hoped Charon was familiar with the territories, but why would he ask? No, she figured he was probably asking that to see if he did know Morningside.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't really know most of the places mentioned, but he found himself losing interest quickly. Dawnlark Plains vaguely rang a bell but he had only been there when he was little -- it had been long since he had visited. "Doesn't ring a bell," he said. Neither did Bracken Sanctuary (he had no idea that his runaway daughter lived there). "Well, I should be off. Bye." Charon managed a brief smile before he turned away from her and started making his way back home, back to Moonspear and his loved ones.