Dragoncrest Cliffs nameless bodies in unremembered rooms
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
All Welcome 

there is a restlessness in her now that even patrolling does not seem to help abate. every day she thinks about furi, about max and the others. she's never had a temptation like this before and doesn't know what to do with it -- she can't leave, she can't leave, she would never do that. she could never be natrona.

and yet. 

she sighs. with nothing to do but suck it up, the shilkru makes her way into the territory, intent on distracting herself with prey or whatever unfortunate soul she happens to come across.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
IF BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'LL FIND US IN THE END
190 Posts
Ooc —

bet that blixen didn't think that the poor, unfortunate soul she would happen to come across would be none other than tux, the best puppy of the entire bunch (obviously).  

after being moved to hougeda he now had more space to roam, but the little boy could not help his wandering paws.  there was just so much more than what he had seen already... and everywhere he went, there always seemed to be something new and interesting.

he carried with him an antler, but when he saw blixen his short tail began to wag, and his many-toed feet stamped the ground as he made weird vocalizations from around the antler.

trigedasleng around all who speak it, common around those who don't
members of drageda are encouraged to liberally pp tux
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

a baby sibling is both welcome and unwelcome -- on the one hand, of course she loves the kiddos and they're great, on the other, she really did want to be sulky today and she can't really do that around them. his strange little noises make her twist her head towards him, expression stretched into an amused smile when she spots his treasure. "hey kiddo," blix says, stepping towards him and reaching to pap him on the head with her paw (gently..ish), "what'cha doing out here?"
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was not often that Dacio ventured beyond the area surrounding the whelping den, but luck seemed to be on his side when his restlessness prompted his mother to request that @Dalia entertain him for a time. She lead him away through the trees, to places with new sights and scents to be found, and Dacio loped after his big sister with a merry bounce in his stride.

She had to pause and wait for him numerous times whenever he stopped to poke an unusual leaf or lick the surface of a rock. Knowing that she wouldn't abandon him in the woods, Dacio was content to take his time exploring each area, and his scruffy little tail never ceased it's cheerful waving.

The sound of a voice up ahead caused his charcoal ears to prick and, curious, he bounded through the foliage without even blinking in Dalia's direction. He happened across a pair of strangers, though it was the two-toned youngster who immediately captured his attention. Gaze focused on the inviting antler between the other boy's teeth, Dacio made a beeline for him with jaws parted and every intention of beginning a game of tug.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
she didn't mind waiting for him. dacio seemed very curious about everything and... dalia quite liked that. his energy was incomparable to his other siblings-- he always demanded attention or fun or something of the sort. and dalia loved that too. she loved all her baby siblings. and at that thought, with a pang in her heart, she wondered what sirio was doing. she pushed the thought aside as she spotted blixen.

dacio raced up, and she followed at a slower pace, her tail waving. she was in no rush. "hey blix," she called to her cousin, taking a seat opposite of them all, head cocked to one side.
trigedasleng will be in blue.
190 Posts
Ooc —
ahhh i don't do well in group threads, and tux is my lowest priority character at the moment.  do me a favor and hit me up if i've kept you waiting too long!!

he is so distracted by blixen that the other child almost succeeds in ripping the antler from his jaws.  he nearly pulls his lips into a startled O, before remembering that hey!! he's trying to keep this thing!! and he clamps his jaws down and begins to play tug with the other boy... adults unnoticed.

361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Edit: Aug 17. Ahhh, crap! I just realised I posted out of turn, @Blixen please let me know if you want me to delete this.

Dalia caught up to him but by the time his sister arrived on the scene, the ashen Goufa had fully immersed himself in the game. He latched his pointy little teeth firmly onto the other boy's prized antler, very nearly ripping it from his grip in his urgency, but Tux clamped down as he came to realise Dacio's intent.

"Rrrr," he rumbled encouragingly, claws gripping the dirt beneath him in attempt to root himself to the ground, eager to stand his ground despite his opponent being significantly older, larger and more experienced than him. Yanking his head to the side, Dacio fails to claim the antler for himself, and is instead dragged across the earth with Tux' next pull.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
no worries!!!! sorry for the holdup on my end <3

one baby quickly turns into -- two, and then her beautiful cousin appears. "dalia," she calls back with a smile, amused as the boys start playing tug of war with each other. tux, she notes, has decent grip -- when he's older maybe she can train him up a bit, hm.. oh. "how're you?" the shilkru asks dalia, turning her attention back to the other adult, "i'm guessing this is your brother?" she hasn't gotten a chance to meet portia's new litter and she doesn't know their names, but there's an unmistakable resemblence (and also, like, it's not as if dalia's producing random puppies from the wind.)
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
dalia nodded, a bright smile on her maw. "it is!" she chirped, "and he's a little menace." she stuck her tongue out at her little brother, her tail wiggling. "aren't you, dacio?" she said to the ashen babe. portia only ever cooed at her children, but dalia knew better. treat them like real wolves! 

then again, dacio was much less obnoxious to portia than he was to her. 

"i'm good," she finally said with a soft sigh, "how are you? working hard, i'm sure, you always are."
trigedasleng will be in blue.
190 Posts
Ooc —

​He does not yet know his own strength, it seems; Dacio's little body drags against the dirt as he pulls, and as Tux's mouth falls open in shock the antler drops with it.  He looks hurriedly back at the adults and then to Dacio, worried that he has done something wrong.  Even if Dacio is fine, he can imagine that being dragged on the ground would hurt!  He crouches next to his friend, eyes darting from Dacio to the adults, and whispers, Dude you ok?

361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Hope you guys don't mind me fading here?   :D

Despite almost face-planting the ground and the sting of new scrapes that littered his forelimb, Dacio clung to the antler when Tux released his grip. He pulled himself upright, grinning triumphantly up at the older Goufa as his dark tail swung to attention behind him, and rumbled happily in response to Tux' concern.

He skipped away from him then, torn between eagerness to maintain his prize and to engage in another game of tug. Ignoring the adults' boring talk, Dacio eyed his friend and growled playfully in invitation to chase him.

"Trigedasleng" "common"