Stone Circle Got a real good feeling something bad about to happen
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Pack Activity 
Brynn had returned from her morning patrol with a feeling that something wasn't right. She always stopped at the river to drink while on her normal route, and today, she had noticed she had to lean farther down past the river bank to reach the water. She immediately grew concerned, as they hadn't had a shortage of rain, and there didn't seem to be a logical reason for the change in water level. She had gone to investigate some of the smaller waterways that fed into the main river, and was met with unease as she saw that the the few she checked were completely void of water. She had fought the urge to halt her patrol and immediately report the finding to her alpha, but her need to secure the borders first had won out. 

Now that she had finished her patrol, she headed to the circle of stones, feeling like it was a good place to have such an important conversation. Something was going on with their territory's water supply, which not only meant affected what was readily available to drink, but also would possibly lessen the amount of prey animals that moved through their territory; if there was no water, the creatures they hunted would be less inclined to come here. So, she let out a concerned howl to call for @Valette. This was something they should deal with sooner rather than later.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was with her children when she heard the howl. She wanted to bring them to the river for a swim but this howl seemed serious. The female told her children that she was going to respond to the howl. She would leave it up to them if they were willing to follow her. Valette made her way to the circle and found Brynn looking worried. Valette grew tense as she saw the female.

"Brynn. What is wrong?," she asked worriedly. Maybe the female had seen something disturbing. Valette was worried that it had something to do with another pack or a group of rogue loners wanting to terrorize them. She hoped that Brynn could tell her.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greybacks ears flicked to the sound of the concerned howl. Knowing it was Brynn's he instantly stood up from where he was within the meadow; sunbathing on a rock, and looked around in the direction is came from. Squinting, he noticed it was near the stone circle and his heart instantly clenched. Had something bad happened?

Shaking his pelt of grass blades and specks of dirt, the man leapt down and sprinted his way over, his paws smacking on the earth as he hurled towards the meeting place. He prayed to the gods she and everyone was alright.

When he arrived, slightly panting, he was met with the sight of Brynn and Valette. Taking in their faces, he knew instantly that it was indeed something serious. Gulping, he drew a breath inward and steadied himself, not wanting to look like a complete mess to his friends. He heard Valette ask what was wrong and padded closer, his browns knit into concern, a crease settled between them.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The slim wolf had been lounging nearby when she heard a distant howl. She perked her ears and shortly after that Greyback rushed by heading towards the stone circle. Curiosity struck Ira as she noticed the concern cross his face. He was in a hurry which only meant something urgent was happening. Likewise, she would push herself to her paws and follow close behind. Ira arrived moments after glancing between the three wolves. What's going on? Did something happen?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was hot and even with her summer coat she was panting. The desire for a good long drink was strong and so she set off toward the river. Before she got there however, Brynn's howl made her halt. The urgency sent a jolt of fear straight through her and she set off, some deep instinctual panic making her terrified that someone was hurt or there was a major threat.

She arrived seconds after Greyback and Ira did both of them strangers to her. She heard the she wolf ask what had happened and gave a quick panicked glance around, looking for the cause of trouble. She noticed nothing, not even paying attention to the river which she had been coming to for a drink.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It wasn't long before Brynn was met with the Valette's worried face and subsequent question. As she was about to answer, Greyback came up panting, his expression worried as well. The new packmate that she had scented around the territory but had not actually met yet was close behind Greyback, also asking what was wrong, and not too far behind was Illecebra. Brynn's gaze lingered on the female that joined last; she had not seen her since everything that went down with Howl, and she couldn't stop the twinge of pain in her chest at the reminder. But, that all would have to wait; there were more important things at stake here. 

When she was sure everyone was listening, she finally spoke, looking at each packmate as she did so. I was at the main river this morning, and I noticed the water level was much lower than it has been. When I investigated some of the feeder creeks, I found no water in them at all. Anxiety leaked into her already concerned features as she let the others process the news. This was an issue that would only get worse the longer they waited, and she knew the gravity of the situation would not be missed. I thought it was something we needed to deal with before it gets worse, she added, her concerned yellow gaze finding Valette as she waited to see what she had to say.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't expect so many other wolves to respond to Brynn's howl. However, it warmed her heart that others were so invested in Easthollow's well-being. Greyback, Stream Of Creek and Cebra were there. Valette greeted them with a quick nod before focussing on Brynn again. Valette frowned when she started about the main river. "Oh," The female spoke. "We never had this issue before," Valette frowned and looked thoughtful for a moment. Her gaze fell on the tallest stone, Steady's Stone. She would have a known about it if this happened before.

"There has been a lack of rain this summer," Valette spoke. "Did you see anything else that could have caused it?," Valette wondered. "We will need water." This was rather an obvious statement. Valette would not want to leave Stone Circle territory. This was their home. They had a good life here, their lore was based on the stones, on their past loved ones. "We must find the cause as soon as possible. Thank you for telling me, Brynn." Valette glanced at the others, perhaps they had some more information.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The male watched as the others arrived. Followed behind him was his daughter, Ira, and a wolf whose name he didn't know. He spared a smile to both of them before dipping his head and turning to Brynn.

"I was at the main river this morning, and I noticed the water level was much lower than it has been. When I investigated some of the feeder creeks, I found no water in them at all."

His jaw clenched shut as he heard her speak about the drying water. It came to no surprise that the smaller creeks were dry if the main river was shallow. He looked downwards as he thought of what may be causing this. It was possible that the water was being blocked by a fallen tree or animals. 

He remained quiet while Valette spoke, listening to her state that there had been a lack of rain. It was true they did have a shortage of rain but it was nowhere near hot enough for the waterways to dry up. "I wonder..." He drawled "If the water is being blocked by a fallen tree to perhaps a beaver dam." He looked up and glanced at all of them individually. "It hasn't been hot enough for the water to dry up, and its not cold enough for it to freeze over."

He looked to Valette "But Valette is right, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible. Our prey might migrate with no water..."

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira's ears flicked as her new pack members spoke. It hasn't even been long enough for her to settle in and the pack was already faced with a dire issue. It seemed the others were already coming to the conclusion that something must be blocking the path of the water which was a good assumption.

Perhaps a few wolves should go upstream? Follow where the feeder rivers use to be and see if they reach a point of blockage. It was kind of an obvious solution, but it was worth putting in her two cents. The she-wolf glanced at the pack members who dawned new faces for her before her eyes settled on Valette.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her news seemed to worry the others as much as it had her. Brynn shook her head at her alpha's question. I didn't see anything obvious, at least not in the places I checked, she answered. The female she did not know had a good idea; following the feeder creeks to the water source might show them what may be blocking the water from flowing into their territory. She nodded at the greyscale female and said, I agree we should follow the feeder creeks and see if we can find out what the problem is. 

She looked back to Valette then. I'll help in anyway that I can, Brynn said with a bow of her head, resolve clear on her face. She wanted to get to the bottom of this. Easthollow was her home now, and she wouldn't let anything put their land or their pack in danger.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I think we can all wrap it up here and make a new search thread! Then we can reveal the first tile!! :D

Valette nodded at all the answers. "Yes, I think that would be a good idea," she agreed with Ira. The female was rather worried. If this lack of water stayed they might have to move and that was the least they wanted. Maybe it was just something they could resolve themselves. 'Let's head upstream."

Valette assumed that everyone wanted to join. Perhaps she was wrong but with more wolves, they could separate and look at different feeder creeks. "All these are very plausible," Valette agreed. "Hopefully it is something we can resolve."