and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow morning <3

there was a melancholy in the valley that merrick did not truly understand. he knew lucas had gone away, and that was enough to sadden the youngest bearclaw child. and stigmata, mommy's friend, had never come back. fraught with the weight of things he did not understand, merrick prowled into the woodland shadows.
he picked his way along a footpath, craning his head to stare curiously at the birds he had only heard a thousand times. of course merrick was listening to see if they too were sad, if the veil of sorrow that had fallen like a hush over his home extended to creatures who had not known lucas.
a fieldmouse darted almost beneath one large paw; the boy lunged unthinkingly and gave a resounding snap. the metallic salt of warm blood drenched his bottom lip; the boy's eyes widened, sunlight glinting along his budding chestnut hackles as he froze and attempted to decipher what had happened.
a momentary shock followed by the full-throated crowing of a newly minted hunter.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
There was nothing more refreshing than a hunt. The adrenaline which spiked so swiftly within the bosom, cratered a hole which only running and catching quarry could fill. Nothing sated a wolf more, nor less, as that was their destiny. To catch, 
and to kill.
"Piveji xok.
Behind him, the Angel scampered through the dewy foliage, her own brush that of scalding glory to miserable eyes. He was testy; they had feasted on nothing but words, and his palate hungered for something much more delectable than such. 
Words were a waste unless they granted anything.
"Coming! Comingcomingcoming"
She was his hold back. His anchor, and it was his own insatiable will to survive which prevented him from wasting the time to cut her off. Or that's what the yearling would continue to tell himself until he could officially rid himself of her. Sheened onyx lids lowered over blazing orbs and he continued his lope without stopping for her. If she was left back, the that was her own doing. 

Something was amist.

It took nothing but a fraction of a second to freeze his gait, whiskers forced to hold their own posture as his nare skated the passing winds. Blood was upon it,
and from it, a kill had either been made, or could be.
"Hey, Siq, you smell-"
"Vosti.Xok."
With her, it was always with the talking. 
Stating the obvious, as if she couldn't see him frozen in place, slim muzzle pointed direct against the wash of breeze, stiff and alert. He would eat her if he had enough mind to. 

She got the message, auds flattening against the round of her crown, banner of sunspirit sweeping between pressed hips. She sneezed a gentle apology and curved her route away from his space. For this once, he got peace. 
And with it, he was rewarded another scent other than hers. Away from the flowery graze of the hippie's child, he caught the scant pleasure of another wolf. Actually, a multitude of their kind had come and gone within these trees and brackets, but one was nearer than the rest. With it was paired the wine of crisp blood, copper and salt dwindling through the strands of crisp breath of the morn. 

"Come," He rewarded her with natural speaking, dark tail flicking to portray an interest though it was gilded impatience. "Food." It was aided with the alert teen licking his chops, cleaning the whiskers of the air's linty debris and filthy leftovers. Gleaming with a highlighted maw, it was clear his goal. Ahead a mile or so. But asarsu tave gatesijea lerea,he warned himself.
And a wary one, he was.
Forward they persisted, four pairs of pads keeping nimble equally despite their body size difference. She was quicker than he, but the Angel knew he knew the way. Respectfully she prevented herself from dashing herself before him and risking another reprimand. Through brush and brambles they traveled, and ever closer they ran to the scent of either murder or the process of such. Garnet topaz scanned through the sights before them, the long woods extending high and above them with silent ease. The morning teased with other perfumes it held, but he was focused. 
Siqsa was voracious, actually.
And he wanted to partake in whatever carnage was happening.

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

Wheeee~ Whooooo~ WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO-!
12 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Hurry Up."
He was always so mean! Her brother snapping no matter whether whatever she said, whether it be nice or,...well...nicer? She hadn't ever been mean to her older brother. She was never mean to anybody, because what was the point? All that did was make problems. And he was making a problem by being mean. But what could she do? Nothin', thats what. He was bigger, older, and apparently quicker at hunting than she was,
"Hey, Siq, you smell-"
"Shut.Up."
because she was late to the party.
An internal huff screased through her bored lungs, and she gave him a brief 'sorry'. She wanted to give him a little lick on the side of hs mouth, because it hurt her even more knowing she just kept irritating him. But last time she tried, she had-  well...that was then, and this was now. Maybe she could try and picksome flowers for him later? Shaking her head after he had finished glancing over his shoulder at her, she kept pace after he gave her some encouraging words. Food! She had a tail so high it almost flew off her body. The yearling was so excited, it was almost hindering her ability to keep up; but they both knew that was impossible. She was from a family that lived for a good run. And well, drugs. They liked that kinda thing, too. 

So yea, she kept up. Gave him some space so he wouldn't snap back at her; he did that kinda thing if she zipped a bit too close to him. And together, they flew through the trees as quick as their legs would allow. Inside however, she seriously hoped they wouldn't get snatched up by the pack here. He did smell the pack that lived around here, didn't he?

ѕoмeтιмeѕ, everyвody Needs нelp. тнαт doeѕɴ'т мeαɴ тнey'll тell yoυ, ѕιlly.

[Image: goldfeather.png]
~

this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
wasn't super sure what was happening, or how close the others are, so winging it a little <3

it was not bearclaw who answered merrick's call, but the distant movement through the nearby trees that was definitely not prey. the boy held his breath, backing into the welcoming embrace of low shrubbery. danger lanced through his awareness; had lucas been stolen by creatures such as these? but then anger followed, and the boy not only reemerged, he trotted toward the sounds.
fully intending to confront the wolves approaching the territory line, merrick nevertheless gave voice to his coyote's blood with a yipping whine for @Indra, aunt @Laurel, and @Xan. he himself bristled with the fearlessness of a child, something merrick had always worn like a cloak, but he held fast until reinforcements arrived.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
also unsure if they are trespassing? keeping it vague in light of that - let us know <3

indra had smiled to herself to hear merrick's victorious crow sound in the distance. it was a full-blooded cry of triumph, a cry she had heard many times - when he had dominated a playtoy, or wrestled his playmates into exhaustion - yet this cry seemed different, somehow; more base and instinctual than his usual derisive taunts.

she had made it a habit to give the growing boy his space - as a mother she was always nearby, but in many cases she rarely intervened. she had every intention of giving merrick free reign of their domain today (much like what she had done when he had met yakone) except, it appeared he was not alone.

her keen ears picked up thrashing in the undergrowth; the sound of paws fleetly trampling earth. what was more alarming to the russet mother was merrick's call: this time, it was a call to aid, and it spurned the redleaf into a gallop.

when she came upon him she had horrible visions he was being assailed; instead, he was facing a pair of wolves unknown to the female. if indra was shocked by the gall they possessed to be afoot so close to bearclaw, she hid it well by the smooth curve of a lower lip. she stood protectively over her child, her hackles upright like quills along her spine. her body language communicated clearly her authority over this realm, and a low snarl crooned from her muzzle that invited them to promptly get lost.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
нellғιre ғor α нeαrт
111 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Yea no they haven't crossed anything yet. They were hungy but careful. :) Thanks for not just jumping and pummeling these two goofs <3

Greatness shone a light at the end of every tunnel...
But this one seemed near closing, and dimming with every yip that scoured the skies. The yipping cry sounded with no fright; caution and bravery flew forward with the intangible whiff of need. Siqsa tasted the emotions in the whelping summon, and with it he listened to the wavering tones of not only life, but the wobble of the newness of it. This was a babe, pulling the thread that stopped the Demon from his advance with terrible strength. As where a child was, especially in the mist of Family lands, a parent always was brought very, 
very,
soon. 

In his haste to get a grapple on his situation, his hinds sought purchase, still warm from the the previous advance, and clipped back in place. The forelimbs followed, slow and deliberate - if any watched him, his wariness was evident. Body stiff but fearless in it's own right, his form shifted back a stride if not two. He wasn't dying today. Especially not over a nosey child. 

Speaking of...
Hellish eyes locked on a darker form standing bold across the bushels ahead. Almost blending into a menacing silhouette through the foliage, the morning sun did not allow him to spot the complete shape of the pup, but his nares gave him whatever it could. A complete youth, and the breeze hinted at the cologne of male. Senses ingrained through his prior and near indetectible canine heritage forced his ears back as another figure darkly pressed into the scene, looming impressively to the first initial spot of life. The blood which they tracked lurked there, as well...
 "We were tracking a kill."

He stated this with an intentionally lifeless tone. Dark ears with the hidden tone of the ocean's depths flickered their azure hue as he allowed his ears to flip outward, displaying his uncomfort of the situation. A mother, perhaps? It was obvious they were together. Pack; it was obvious. But a dame and her spawn were a vicious thing to be between. Piss her off, and you might as well have killed yourself, yourself. 

With a raising set of lips he held back an internal damnation of curses; he wasn't prepared for something like this. Luckily, Arana bound forward with her golden body, sunshine gleaming near blindingly from the shiny coat. A giant smile was visualized and illustrated but the blonde was also lowering the entirety of it to the ground, sweeping the grass with a broom of solar rays. Disgust rose his right nostril and he backed up even more. If he was expected to be such a cowering puddle of nonsense, he would walk into the woman's open threat without a problem. 

While she worked on her appeasement display, he chose this perfect oppertunity to take careful and silent steps away from the situation, leaving the Angel on the doorstep of a future he didn't exactly desire to see prosper. Inside, the older yearling told himself this was better, his solitude and peace. Not being hounded to smile or talk by her intrusive energy. Once out of earshot, he kicked his bulk into gear, and floored his way through the forest further and further into warmer lands.

Be careful, you don't want this.
Carefree, but there's a dark side that haunts this.
[Image: giphy.gif] 
Want to roll with me? Better know your place-
Because if you look around, 
you'll see you've lost your way.

12 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Live each day like it's your last! She could feel her brother crashing, and it was only a minute or even less before he burned for it. She wasn't gonna let this happen! Throwing herself before him, she immediately submitted, her ears splaying close to her skull. A 'sorry' was made real with every piece of her body, sleek body slimming to mold across the rim of the grasses top, her flag of a tail dragging quick and thumpy across the world. She felt the moments pass, danger evident and their actions needing to be genuine and nice. Arana felt that tense look from the mother, the same she knew all moms to have as their kids were being not only in the vicinity, but their home threatened. Now her birth home wasn't so hostile. They were careful, but they were extremely kind, and allowing. Their peace was what made the family work so great together. The Angel hoped these folks would take her apology as enough for both her and her brother. 

She felt the heat rising in his body, tensing and watched him back off as she then lowered her voice to not enrage the woman. 
"Hey! Hello! Sorry alot~ I'm Arana, and this is my brother, Siqsa, and we only thought there was maybe some free food aound and stuff; we honestly didn't mean to get in the way or anything. Please don't take offense- We're nice and good. AIn't no problem with us, honest. He's not very good with communication, but I can promise you he's real nice-"
Arana flashed a emerald gaze to the pup who seemed not that far from her own age; she couldn't really remember her own birthday. Everyday was kinda special to her, not just the day she was outta her mom. 
"Hey! I'm sorry. I really hope we didn't scare you, friend..
She offered what she hoped seemed like a reassuring smile, and kept herself low. Who knew who else was watching this? If the whole pack was in on this, and they happened to not be as friendly as her family was, then it was best she stayed low. She honestly wanted to see if her Brother was doing the same, but it was seemingly disrespectful to ignore the sights of your company. So she kept her stare forward and on the shape of the lady, but only ont he spot just below her eyes so she wouldn't assume she was beng passively being challenged. The last thing the youth needed to do was run again. This time, she didn't think she had the energy reserves to run, again.

~

this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
ahhh skip merrick till needed lolol

indra appeared like some terrible archangel heavenbent on revenge; the snarl that poured from his mother's throat was chilling indeed. unbidden, a low growl of his own paced in his throat. merrick was young, but instinct beat hot in his blood. these wolves were other, and must leave. 
neither seemed truly contrite, but the wolf clothed in sunshine was the kinder of the pair. merrick's eyes trained upon her, and then he glanced to his mother, wondering what she made of it.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's demeanor kept its cold composure; her gaze was icy and strained as she glanced from the dark male to his sunnier counterpart. she did not like the lingering sense she got from him -- his explanation was lackluster, and struck indra wrong: it was as if he seemed to suggest he had a right to being here, hunting her pack's prey. as if she were in the wrong to barricade his progress; that impression caused her fur to rifle, and her gaze to harden.

the female seemed far more amicable; whether or not indra's own inward bias towards women seemed to influence her interpretation of the two wolves before her, she at least spared the she-wolf a kinder glare. the male was all-together ignored.

"don't need to find out how nice he, or you are. since i expect you will be leaving." she stood firmly over merrick, her small body somehow channeling a bigger attitude than seemed possibly conceivable -- in that moment she appeared to thoroughly bar the way into bearclaw, and appeared a bitter, dangerous she-wolf.
12 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"No!" she began with a whine of a plead. "No, no, we actually came hoping to maybe find a spot to live, a pack to back us, or us to back them," she continued. Licking the tops of her snout, she continued her interest. "If you have us, we'll be useful, right Siq?" She cast a quick emerald gaze behind her to finally make sure her brother was doing as he was supposed to. But to her horror, her brother was gone, and left her here in both the face of an angry and offended mom and her baby. Really?

Her body quite visibly depressed. Jeez, now she was really alone. And he just left her, just like that. Silently she laid there, tail no longer thumping, nor her body wagging any kind of smile. Tears lined the rims of her eyes, she herself almost a pup in her own stature.

Bleakly, she whimpered, trying not to cry in front of the she-wolf. "I mean...I won't leave?..." It was a question in speech, as she didn't know whether the mom was going to chase her off or let her stay. She technically didn't have anywhere to go, and she kinda scared to be on her own now that she had started to depend on her bro- Siqsa to help her learn the wilds. Her family was extremely far away, and she wasn't too keen to go looking for her bro- err, Siqsa, anytime soon.

~

1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she stood firm before the tall stone-walls of bearclaw, a sentinel before a citadel -- a mother, defending her pup. she did not soften despite the pleading cry of the molten she-wolf; she did not relent under the sniveling call for supplication. her mind had already been made up -- she did not like the way the male had spoken and slunk off, and if her assumptions were right, they might be indelibly bonded as siblings and he would either be back, or she would leave to find him. and if there was one thing indra had had enough of in the stone-walled valley, it was wolves promising her their fealty, and then leaving.

so many had come and gone under indra's trusting wings, only to sink a blade deep in her back as they left. koume. issun. anna. stigmata.

"no." indra repeated, a coldness settling deep in her gaze. "you will leave. now."
12 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Arana could almost smell the difference of seconds as the woman chhose her answer. It was times like this when Arana missed home, and times like this where she wondered whether her father had dealt with things like this. Had he ever been turned away from a home? Had any of his-  no, that was imposible. None of her family, nor anyone in the pack had treated others like this. Once adopted in the Aspens, anyone and everyone was welcome...but that was the rare oppertunity that they had visitors. Their pack was rather hidden in the thick trees, and many had problems navigating to the pack's grounds.

Thinking of her home, he mother, uncles, siblings, it rose something in her chest which hurt. Siqsa had gone. Had maybe he spent time in her birth pack, there would've been a different outcome for who he was...but he wasn't, and here she was struggling to even compromise her promise to another pack.
A place that, for once, wanted nothing to do with a nice girl. "Sorry" she muttered, meek voice in shambles along with her thoughts.

Scooting back on her tucked limbs, she didn't turn her back on the protective mother. Golden flag tucked, and she made it a safe scooted distance away before she unwound and took off in the very opposite direction Siqsa had gone. The pupish girl knew where the dark blue wolf had gone...
And with everything in her, she wanted nothing to do with that place, or him.

Thanks so muchhh!

~

1,207 Posts
Ooc —
heartless. she was truly heartless. the girl had been nothing but nice (a sharp contrast from the male with her) and indra still denied her a home, cursing the she-wolf to face the winter alone.

indra tried not to think of that. no; that wolf was nothing but trouble with the other male involved. she tried to think of laurel; of stigmata - two wolves cold and assured when they needed to be. her posture firmed, and her gaze remained full of flinty resolve as she watched the goldenrod she-wolf depart.

nudging @Merrick, indra made to follow at a distance. she would make sure the wolf had truly departed, for she trusted neither.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
it was a swift and confusing scene: one wolf ran off, the other began to plead. his mother's hard voice, and the plaintive creature's departure. he did not quite understand why she had said no to the would-be joiner, but the iron resolve in the set of indra's small body settled any questions he might have had.
he was quick to follow, moving alongside her as he drew his muzzle down toward the trail of the retreating wolf. "mama," merrick began after a moment, "why did the first wolf go away?"
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
it was a fleet scene, yet indra's heart still hammered long after both wolves had departed. her resolve could have been wrong - she might have been cruel for what she did - but she kept thinking of all the wolves that left her, all the wolves that took advantage of their family and then left when it suited them.

merrick's trotting form besides her nosed the trail left by the duo indra had spurned. she sighed, answering his question to the best of her ability: "i didn't trust him. something about it didn't sit right with me." she wondered, young as merrick was, if he had ever experienced that side of his nature - intuition was a strange thing, visiting as it pleased.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
indra's answer both confused and satisfied merrick. he did not understand how she could know such a thing when she had not spoken to the first wolf, only the second. and yet, she knew when he was lying, each time. it was enough for merrick to trust his mother's proven judgement. "i didn't like him either," he declared in a huff.
"watch!" he demanded in the next moment, bounding a few feet ahead of her, the strange duo forgotten for now. "look!" hiking his hindleg, merrick marked carefully along a tall patch of grass. the last time she had been rather close, he had baptized her in an unncessary font. but this — surely this would make her proud.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she felt her answer lackluster, yet the boy confirmed her thoughts; indra knew enough of merrick to know he was no soul’s yes-man — that he caught the sourness that fringed the departed male was promising.

in a sudden change of course her young child crowed a command to look upon him; with a mother’s trained patience she witnessed his flourishing stream, an inkling of a warm smile behind those closed mahogany eyes. that’s good, merrick. she moved closer to the border, making a show to inspect his handiwork. do you know why we do that?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick swelled with pride as indra praised him. "yeah!" came his exultant voice. "it keeps out bad guys!" the view of a wolf his age was quite binary: to merrick, anyone who was not bearclaw or easthollow was not family, and therefore was bad. any who could be grouped into family was good. ergo, pissing on the borders was to separate good from bad. tongue lolled as he looked to his mother for confirmation.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
merrick at least had an excuse for his black and white interpretation of the world. his own damn mother, who had many years of experience on him, still looked at the world that binary way: family, good -- strangers, bad.

she viewed the world and the strangers it housed like malign props as one big black seed; corruptible, unfathomable, unpredictable. time and time again she had been shown the foul nature of her kind - they stole where they could, killed when they wanted, raped as they pleased -- she would never trust a stranger again.

she nodded approvingly, but her gaze was absent as she affirmed: "yes, it keeps the bad guys away." it would do merrick good, she supposed, to learn that the world was just one big fat ball of ugly-minded assholes sooner rather than later. there wasn't anything wrong with being raised cynic, right?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
pleased with her validation, merrick sprang ahead of his mother, marking along the border until his bladder was empty. he did not note her wan look; young children were not known for their observant nature, after all, and the boy was no exception. he flushed a wood dove from her perch, stumbling back with a gasp. "mama, look!" surely this was the very first time indra had ever seen such a thing; merrick glanced back to see her reaction.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
brightly and free of the troubles of the world, merrick sailed ahead. already it seemed he had forgotten the troubling wolves that had just darkened their doorsteps a moment before. perhaps she ought to have taken a page from his book, his dam thought wryly and with a sigh she sought to shake the melancholy from settling within her mind.

merrick had stumbled back with a gasp, which drew indra's alarmed gaze to a sudden explosion of fluttering wings in the brush. she hadn't seen a dove in some time, and doubtless in the quiet of the shadows the dove had been sleeping -- right until merrick blundered into it.

"a dove," indra answered automatically, knowing there likely would be a battery of questions following the sight of the bird's retreat. wazzat? why'd it leave mahmee? wheresit goin', mahmee?'
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
fading here! let's have a new oneeeee <3

and she was right; merrick frisked away uttering a thousand questions, ones he expected prompt replies for. they would be never-ending until he tired himself out or grew hungry; merrick was definitely a child who could easily ask one hundred questions a day and think nothing of it.