Whitebark Stream it’s alarming honestly how charming she can be, fooling everyone,
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
wild, but maybe for @Apple?  all welcome.

she had not yet gotten over how beautiful the territories directly surrounding the northerner's claim was.  her claim now, too.  when they'd sussed out the ranks she had been somewhere near the top — that had surprised her more than anything — and she supposed she might as well start acting like it.

her hands were more or less full with @Currituck most of the time; the other chilren were presumably being taken care of by shivali, as she had not seen them utilize the trove of treasures she had made.

children, her mind was stuck on a lot, lately.  she had never really imagined herself with them, but with the coming of the season (so soon!) and etoille's proximity, well... hmm.

135 Posts
Ooc — Me
Priscilla Marybell Blackthorn - Apple's eldest daughter had taken the best from both of her parents in terms of looks. A classic beauty, indeed, but she did not have the brains of either. In a way she was a wonder of nature - frivolous, airy and silly - operating very efficiently on 1.5 neuron she had in her skull, where most wolves had few millions. Therefore Apple and her then husband had given up early on teaching her anything useful and just let her be. Incredible had indeed been the day, when a fellow showed up, who asked for her hand in holy mateship. And the odd thing was that with combined 3 neurons they produced amazingly intelligent full-brained children. 

Apple was reminded of this, when she caught sight of a she-wolf that distinctly reminded her of her eldest and could not possibly be her, because Priscilla and her dearly beloved husband had met a very logical end, after their plan for aerodynamics had failed. And yet the similarity was striking. So... perhaps, a grandchild? Or a distant relative? She got to her feet and approached the girl, announcing her presence with a question: "By any chance, dear, do you happen to be one of the Blackthorn clan? According to my knowledge there are more of them in the world than fleas in a weasel's coat."
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Mirabelle was not in on the story of Priscilla and her husband or their combined three neurons, but perhaps it would've gotten a smile out of her if she did.  As it stood, her ears swiveled as she heard someone call out to her (without a hello or anything first, mind you) if she was related.

Ah!  That makes more sense.  I can't really be sure.  I was a slavewoman to a band of northerners before I came here.  My name is Mirabelle.  Who are you?  She offered a warm smile and reclined onto her haunches, listening to the sound of water in the near-distance as she waited for a response.

135 Posts
Ooc — Me
Oh, dear - a slave. Come to think of it, they had been very lucky to live in a peaceful place, where such practices were not common. It had been a lot of effort to keep Priscilla out of every single stupid situation she had got herself in. She had not been smart for sure, but she had been beyond being a fool either. Because she did not learn from her mistakes. Never. Though - perhaps - some people in the pack would have gladly handed her over to anyone, who wanted to have her as a slave or anything else. On the other hand, Apple had a very distinct feeling that Priscilla would have soon been brought back to them and they would even get paid to take her back. 

So, in the light of this - perhaps, this girl was not only remarkably similar in looks, but had been discarded, because she had been stupid? Nanny was not going to ask - that would be rude - but she thought that there was a spark of intelligence in the girl's eyes that had absolutely lacked in her daughter's. "Suibhne Apple Blackthorn, though never mind my complex first name. My parents were fools, who had a bad habit of giving their children names that they themselves could not spell. So to you and to the world I am better known as Nanny Apple - matron of the vast Blackthorn clan," she introduced herself. 

"You look very like one of my own - I have fourteen children and quite a lot of grand- and grand-grandchildren, not to speak about all the relatives from my side scattered in the world," she told, sitting down herself. "However - I have to tell you, whoever gave you a name was not an idiot. It has a lovely sound to it and fits you nicely. Now, tell me, what a young, stunning girl like you do out here all on your own?" had it not been an old and cheerful lady asking, this would have sounded creepy.
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The name sounds like something she might have heard in her homeland.  Perhaps they were related after all, somewhere distantly.  I've heard that before.  Would you happen to know any other languages?  The names where I come from, they all sound like that.  Except for hers, she got the easy one.  She laughed and tilted her head.  How queer would it be to find someone that she might have known, all the way over in these lands?  Well, thank you.  I appreciate it.  I like my name very much.

She brushed forward, and with a conspirational tone she laughed and said, I came here for a man.  Maybe this lovely nanny Apple would have advice for her.  But there are many children here who keep me busy, too.  Not my own.  But maybe one day.

135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Really? Well, I speak something of this and that language, but I can't speak for my parents. I still have a feeling that they chose a name on a whim, because it sounded cool and not because there was much idea of, what it meant or anything," truth to be told, Apple had no idea either and she did not care. 

"Mark my words, though, when you choose names for children. I had a hard time dissuading Priscilla - my dimwit daughter - not to name her kid Whore. She thought that it was such a nice sounding word. A melodic touch or something," Apple rolled her eyes. "Eventually she chose Sweeney. Which is a good name, except it sounds too much like "swine" and the girl ended up being nicknamed "Pig". Definitely better than a whore and she made mean people cry for their mommies, if they dared to express any "pig jokes"."

"You came here for a man, eh? Was he worth it?" she asked, genuinely curious, because - not surprisingly - she had a similar story to tell.
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

For a split second she wondered what kind of woman would call her daughter a dimwit, and then her face fell, horrified.  Whore.  Oh, heavens.  Priscilla really was a dimwit.  Oh.. oh my.  She did not have much to say to that.  At least she was able to stand up for herself...? although she didn't really think Sweeney was that great of a name either, it was a thousand times better than Whore.

God.

Hah!  It seemed as if that was the question to ask.  It has been, she says proudly, He is handsome, charming.  I met him a long time ago, but I left to travel.  I cannot seem to help these wandering paws.

135 Posts
Ooc — Me
Apple did not mind insulting her children - in her opinion - the not so glamurous things she said about one or the other of her sons and daughters, was merely a brief description, a fact. And had Mirabelle here met Priscilla, she would also realize that "dimwit" was not that bad of a word in case of that absent-minded wolf.

"Well... in the end, I think that it is not that bad of a name for a tough girl. If you have ever run into a fully grown wild boar - they are a force to be recognized. There was an acquaintance of an acquaintance of mine, who had a friend torn in two by those hefty tusks," Apple nodded, contemplating that morbid piece of history. "But still... be careful what you choose and try to be simple as well."

Handsome, charming... Apple listened with interest and smiled. People never changed, did they? It seemed only yesterday that she had run off with her first suitor, she could easily imagine her in the girl's shoes (aside from the slaving part). And yet... in the end most of them if not all turned out to be a tad bit of a disappointment. You built a mystery hero in your mind and were surprised to find out that they were not as great in the end. 

"And he did not want to come with you? I am not a man - of course and thank God - but I can't see, why would anyone want to let such a stunning girl on her own," she asked.

Apple chattered away for a little longer and then left to find new adventures.