Jade Fern Grove The stars light up my party
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Random Event 
Anyone welcome lime or pack, it’s a party under the stars! It’s Elixir’s way of having everyone celebrate, everyone she knows or don’t know. Also getting to know more wolves and just having a good time!
No posting order right now, but we will be improvising the celebration as more wolves join in!

Elixir laid in the overgrown grass watching as the sun fell over the horizon, a flood of colors painted the sky. A salmon pink, a deep purple, and a mandarin orange color mixed through the clouds like a water color. Her eyes were glued on the sky until the beautiful colors faded into a darkened blue, nothing lighting it yet. Tonight she had an idea, wolves near and far could gather here and set aside all differences for a night so they could party. 

It would be her first gathering and hoped in her heart it would be a successful night. As she gathered up some courage to howl out an invitation loud and clear she let a gleam fall upon her face. A party was the perfect way to start her life in the wilds officially and to meet more wolves.

Without containing her excitement she threw her head back and let out a long high pitched howl. The howl was inviting but warning wolves with bad intent to stay afar. She had hoped her small band of @Liri, @Kavik, @Grezig, @Illidan, and @Thorleif would come to help her get it started. The rest of the party would come soon she could feel it in her heart of hearts. 

Waiting might feel like forever but in the meantime looking at the stars popping through the darkened overhead would be a good past time. The moon glistened over head coat as her eyes met with the first star that showed up.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had been heading back from an unsuccessful hunt. He honestly wasn't used to being unsuccessful at anything, so he was feeling somewhat grumpy. When he heard Elixir's howl, he froze; it didn't sound distressed; If anything, it sounded...excited? 

So, he headed in the wolfdog's direction, wanting to make sure nothing dangerous was going on. He wasn't one for fun usually, unless it was playing with Liri, but he decided that quality time with the group would help strengthen their bonds. 

When he arrived, he noticed that he was the first one there. He offered the dark hybrid a nod paired with, "Elixir," before finding a spot to sit somewhat off to the side.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The fae was not far from her group, she'd been roaming the forest around the area they'd taken as their own. Originally, she'd intended to patrol but it was evident that no one had advanced on them during their short stay. As evening fell, it found the healer beneath the canopy watching the fireflies flicker through the shady undergrowth with something akin to awe. Childishly, she snapped at a couple of the luminous insects with her teeth, giggling. As Elixir's call reached her ears, they perked alertly and the sylph padded off in search of her wolves. 

Liri could feel uncertainty building in her chest, for she wasn't sure she wanted unfamiliar wolves gathering around those she'd come to care about. As she arrived, she was visibly tense, as though she expected demons to spill from the night's shadows. 

The sylph dipped her head in greeting to the wolfdog, still gazing at her with a troubled expression - when travelling, you didn't invite strangers in. She took a seat by Kavik, greeting him with an affectionate glance and a smile.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had been sleeping when Elixir’s call awoke her. She lifted her head, shaking drowsiness from it, and stood up. The call was lighthearted and was not an alert to danger or a command to come. However, Grezig was a wolf and when a packmate called her, she came, no matter what she might be doing at the time. When she arrived, Liri and Kavik were already there, sitting off to one side and seeming as though they were enjoying their time together. Not wanting to interrupt them, she went over to Elixir instead. “What’s this about?” she asked, looking at the mutt and waiting for an explanation to her light-hearted call.
29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
"Hello there!" Exclaimed Thorleif, upon approaching the pack.  The tension seemed to have lifted from earlier.  The potency of the air had since disolved and a new calmer spell came in and had washed over the group.  Thorleif strode up, head still slightly lowered, and greeted everyone wordlessly with a glance and a slow wag of the tail.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir let a big wag of her tail when Kavik arrived, she didn’t think anyone was going to come party with her. She gave a dip of her head as he said her name. “Thank you for coming!” She could barely contain her excitement as she said this. Waiting for more people seemed like an eternity.

Liri showed up next and Elixir smiled at her, it seemed sweet wherever Kavik was you were sure to see Liri. The thought made Elixir’s smile even bigger. The smile fell only when she noticed that Liri was... nervous? The wolfdog hoped she hadn’t done something wrong by trying to help everyone relax and meet new wolves. 

A sigh escaped but just as it as it did she seen Grezig arrive, she wasn’t sure if she was going to enjoy the party atmosphere but she welcomed her with a smile and a wag of her tail. “I wanted to have a night where we could let loose, and not just us but any wolf around. Maybe we could meet new wolves and even recruit some if they wanted a pack.” She said this with confidence as if it was the best plan she had ever decided on. 

Thorleif showed up next and Elixir half smiled, after what happened with Liri and Thorleif she wasn’t sure if it would be awkward. The wolfdog wasn’t the type to deal with confrontation and so she hadn’t known the outcome. Either way she let out a little bark at his greeting, to greet him back. 

This was starting out wonderfully! This was more than she had in mind and Elixir was more than ready. Pondering for a while she finally wanted to let them know what the night would consist of. “Tonight is anyone’s night and we can do whatever we want. First shall we feast?“ she asked making it their decisions and not hers for she didn’t know what they wanted to do.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik wagged his tail as Liri appeared and came to sit next to him. He nuzzled her in response to her greeting smile before looking back towards Elixir and waiting for the rest of the group to show up. Grezig came soon, followed by Thorleif. Kavik did not return the male's greeting and instead, gave him a quick glance before looking back at the others, still harboring some dislike for the male after their initial meeting. 

He listened quietly as the wolfdog told them why she had called them here. He tensed a little at the implication that she had also invited strangers. He hadn't realized before that she wasn't just calling the group. He looked around, scanning the area, suddenly feeling a little on edge. Recruits were nice, but he didn't exactly like the idea of being in the presence of a bunch of unknowns.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
More recruits appeared whom Liri greeted with a nod, her ears twitching as she caught Elixir's words. The healer glances about, the group can decide for themselves what they wish to do first; for the moment she merely watches the coming events unfold. Kavik is nervous about strangers, just as she is. The fae can't help but glance at him, her eyes expressing that she feels the same.

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig grunted with disinterest when Elixir explained what was going on. A party was all well and good, and probably good for morale, but Grezig could not have cared less about it. She found a spot off to the side and laid down, bored already but not so much of a party pooper to straight-up leave. She sighed, watching Thorleif carefully. She was still angry at herself for even inviting him into this group in the first place, but he hadn’t been too stupid yet, so there was nothing she could reasonably do about his presence. She glanced at Liri and Kavik who seemed to have also gone off to the side. With a grimace, Grezig realized that the wolf here who was even excited about this party was Elixir. Oh well.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
It seemed as though the party was a dud, but hope wasn’t dead for Elixir. She saw Grezig take a seat and then she smiled. She was getting super nervous as she waited for more wolves to show up. It was supposed to be for everyone but if only her family showed up that would be fine with her they could have some fun together.

She smiled at everyone lightly and then took a seat herself, maybe they’ll come just maybe. Though she was excited she could tell the others were a bit tense, besides Thorleif but he was never really tense anyway. It felt to her all like a waiting game.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Trying to keep this going.

Grezig waited for a while, but no one else showed up to this… party. Sighing, she sat up, some small part of her feeling bad for Elixir. She padded over to her and quietly asked, “Would you like me to hunt for something small? I could try to find something for everyone here, though I am unsure how successful I would be.” They couldn’t bring down a deer and still have a party because it would require everyone to get up and help, but maybe Grezig could make herself useful by hunting a few small animals for each one there. At the very least, Elixir could have her “feast.”
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri waited, as the others did, but it didn't appear that Elixir's gathering was going to be a large one. She grimaced slightly, sorry that the wolfdog's 'party' wasn't going as planned. As Grezig got to her feet, Liri did too. 

She waited, not wanting to interrupt the two as she approached, before drawing close and attracting their attention. 

"Perhaps one or two of us could go with Grezig and search for something to eat," Elixir had mentioned a feast, but they would need game first, "and the rest could start the party? I'm sure there's something everyone could talk about or perhaps someone even has a story," she glanced to Thorleif, wondering if his talent for rambling extended to storytelling. It was a pastime in the tribe she hailed from, to tell stories at such gatherings but perhaps parties were different. Liri could not have said as this was her first. 

She deferred to Elixir, obviously willing to do either task, if the wolfdog thought it a good idea.

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry, but I’m slapping an ending on this cos it’s a month old and ICly very old at this point. I’d ask AMA to do it, but she has no Internet right now. Feel free to unarchive it if anyone wants, I guess.

Grezig nodded her assent at Liri and whoever else coming with her to hunt. It would be easier that way. She waited for whoever was going to come with her, and then trotted off into the woods to search for something to eat. 

[Exit]