The Sunspire wrote it down and read it out
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
maybe someone she hasn't threaded with in a while?
she returned with a pheasant and a slight limp, the cause of which being the same forelimb that had fractured weeks ago. disregarding the limb, which some childish, angry part of her self refused to warrant any more fuss, she instead made her way deeper into the territory. her aim was the den in which her mother and siblings had only just recently left, their scents still fading there. Liffey could use the catch, she reasoned, and only if not would she take it to the cache.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
I'm not sure how or when, but at some point, be it from Wraen when she returned to their sleeping quarters, or Rannoch when she ran into him, or someone.... but finally Maia heard the news.  And she was definitely not happy about it.

How was she supposed to be the best aunt ever for kids who weren't even here?  It wasn't fair, obviously Seabreeze was crazy (she didn't much care either way about Olive, who she hadn't met much), and Maia wasn't about to be quiet about this opinion.  Eventually she'd likely calm down, but for now, she didn't have a whole lot of restraint.

She was laying dejectedly near the den when Cassiopeia came along.  Like her brother, Maia too had thinned out these past weeks - she was healthy, but the food shortage had taken a small toll so far.

"Hey! Is that for Liffey?" She asked, lifting her head to watch.  She had only met Cass once or twice, but she felt like they were kinda friends?
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
it was not Liffey she stumbled across, but Maia who lay sprawled a short distance from the den. "hey" she echoed back, muzzle curving into a soft smile that fades when she speaks again. "yeah. should I leave it here?"  her muzzle shifts to peer into the den, where she can't catch immediate sight of the woman. she must be out, and while part of her wishes to see the pups that must surely be back, she stays where she is. in part, because they will serve to remind her fully of those no longer here, and she does not know if Liffey would welcome the fact of her doing so in her absence.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia stood and stretched, yawning bigly as she did so.  That kinda day!  "Uh, not sure.  I don't even know if anyone's home actually." She peered at it too, but from what she'd seen of Liffey, she realllllly didn't want to buy her if she was sleepin or something.  "Maybe?  I mean, they'll find it."  She shrugged.  Very helpful Maia, good job.