Swiftcurrent Creek der spielmann
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
@Eilonwy &/or @Kubo; @Chusi welcome also <3

the hare was laid near the edge of the clearing; mahler chuffed to whatever denziens were close. two children, he gathered from the scents, not far younger than the duckling herself. of course they had never met, he assumed. but today he hoped to do so; flattening himself against the ground, the beast sought to make himself more approachable and searched the shadows for any sign of hesitant movement. if they came, he would be pleased; if not, mahler felt he would understand such an outcome.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Hesitant was far from an acurate description for Eilonwy's approach. She trotted up to him without reservations, lured in by the sweet smell of a fresh hunt that she wouldn't be surprised to learn was actually meant for her. She had slowly learned to detach herself from her mother, realizing that she could take it for granted that whenevershe came back she would be waiting for her and cuddles were guaranteed. And though the distances she traveled weren't at all extraordinary she felt like an adventurer every time she walked out alone.

Hiya! squeals the girl as she approaches, seeing no danger in greeting a stranger that smelled so much like home as long as she kept a decent distance. From there she sniffs the air to confirm that the man was in in fact the one with the kill. Wha's it? she spurts, already heavily accented like her young mother, wiggling her tail like a boneless rag.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
thank you for joining! <3

it was not long before mahler was addressed by one of chusi's children. a petite girl with ash-grey markings around her face, against a darker coat, the musiker was gently smitten by her inquisitive nature. it was the rigour of his heart, that it should soften so only for young ones. there were no other wolves for which mahler felt a collective kindness.
like chusi, too, this one bore the thick accent that marked the omega's voice. "a hare. for you," he added, extending it across the short distance with a forepaw. his eyes measured her movements — he could not understand why she and the presumable rest of their mother's brood had been condemned to the lowest rank for so long.
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I'll snatch any chance to thread with u!

The man hadn't looked so large from a distance, but when Eilonwy approached him she realized that momma wasn't the largest and strongest wolf she knew. This guy was impressive, and had a voice so deep that Eilonwy almost ignored the fact that he had a funny way of saying things.

Tha's no hair, dummy she said with a small giggle. She supposed there was hair on it, but the whole thing was called something else. Tha's wabbit! she corrected, sure enough of what she was saying because momma herself had taught her what the big eared rats were called. Yet despite the inaccuracy of the man's  she appreciated the gift anyway and reached out to sniff it with a still wiggly tail. Ya give wabbits are mine? she asked confidently, unaware of how botched her speech still was. She wondered if she could share her wabbit with momma. They had wabbit a lot at home so she guessed it was because momma just liked it a lot.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
<3!!!

"hares are larger than rabbits,  kleines mädchen," mahler rejoined. he wished for her to be accurate; she was a child, he an adult, and therefore he must teach — always. "yes." observing her sniff at the prey, the musiker gestured at the limp body of the downed creature."and their ears are different, ja?" 
a brief smile lit the planes of his face; he glanced beyond her, searching for the boy. but then the other pup did not soon arrive, mahler turned back to the first child. "i am mahler. vhat is your name?"
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The next thought had Eilonwy twisting her head in a muddled expression. Hairs were definitely not larger than wabbits! Hairs were hairs and wabbits were rabbits. Period. But it was funny because, if she looked closely, this wabbit did seem to have larger ears... And longer legs and weird eyes...

Ya, she answered, shuddering from the creepy look in the wabbit's eye and looking away. Her eyes then find the big man's own as he offers his name to her, and with a joyful yip and a proud wag of tail the little princess says: Eil'nwy! as though she was saying 'cute name, amirite?'. But despite how important she thought her name was Eilonwy kept stealing glances of the weird wabbit's eyes. She walked around it and sat beside her new friend carefully to look up at him. That's when she thought to ask: Biggen wabbit spooks ya? because it certainly spooked her.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
so sorry on the wait!

he watched fondly as the girl inspected the hare, glancing into her bright eyes before attempting to parse out the name she had given him. "eilln ...y is a fine name," the gargoyle murmured gruffly, unsure if he had gotten its gist. to her question he shook his head. "no." yet after a moment, mahler began to feel that his monosyllabic answer was ill-fit for a child; he cleared his throat.
"a hare is meant to eat. it cannot hurt a volf."[/b] to demonstrate, mahler batted the limp body some few inches, displaying its clear weakness to the child.
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
With a proud smile Eilonwy took her compliment. Not that she needed it, but it completely convinced her that she had the most perfect and beautiful name of all, fit only for princesses.

She wouldn't admit it afterwards, but she kinda freaked out when Mahler jerked the rabbit corpse in front of her. She jumped back and her guard hairs spiked, but soon after when she re-realized that the hare was dead she approached it curiously once more. Sniffing it she said we's for eatin' big wabbit with big resolve and the started exploring it, this time with her teeth.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he nodded, noting her raised hackles. the girl was cautious, and that was important. satisfied by how the babe as of yet comported herself, mahler's lips twitched in a smile as he beheld the white flash of her puppyteeth. she and her brother were young, with no father to guard them. constantine was of course devoted to his own brood, and mahler saw no reason why the position of guardian male should not be filled by him for the time being. not as a father, of course; as a packmate. surely chusi would not object, though he would understand if she did. quietly he watched the girl, content in his silence.
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
i cri bc Mahler is gone now and I didn't get Eilonwy to have a baby daddy :c
CAN I COME WITH

With his approval Eilonwy knew there was nothing to fear. The hair was ugly and spooky looking, but he was dead after all, and with such a big guy to back her up there was little she could really fear.
One last look at Mahler and Eilonwy decided she would try the big rabbit for the first time. Pearly little daggers start nibbling the ears, the limbs and finally the softer flesh of the abdomen where they sunk to let the now cold blood of the creature spill some more. She yanked hard and tore a piece, and with her eyes, almost completely fire now, invited Mahler to take a piece himself.
She couldn't lie, hairs were just as good as wabbits, perhaps even better.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
his eyes burned with a fatherly pride as eilonwy took her teeth to the hare's hide. puppy-sharp needles worried the flesh until the metallic tang of blood coloured the air, and his own hunger rose in response. the child was willing to share the kill he had given; the gargoyle ducked his broad muzzle and tore a leg from the limp body. he savoured the meat quietly, sparing a moment to grin at the girl with a pleasure rarely felt, but deeply experienced in this moment.