Duskfire Glacier Give me something to believe in
146 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Siarut please let @Steele reply first :)
Perhaps it was foolish of Tapeesa to bring this man home to the glacier. She'd found that she was often doing foolish things when it came to men, for why else would she be bringing this stranger to meet Siarut?

She glanced back, silver eyes landing on the smoke colored male again. He had been kind to her was all. He seemed capable, large and strong. Perhaps nanuk would see use in that and accept him. They were an official pack now, they would need numbers. 

The trip passed in silence - there was no reason to speak when they did not understand each other - but she motioned for Steele to halt some feet away from the borders. She glanced at him once, unsure if she was nervous or if she just wanted to avoid this whole situation in general. 

It was too late to second guess it now, the tundrian supposed and tipped back her head to call for Siarut. 
"And you're tired of not being strong."
142 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the wait on this, a lot has been going on in my real life!

Steele followed Uki not too close but close enough where he could tell where she was going. When she looked back he smiled softly at her and then looked around to make sure no one was following them, he didn’t want anything to harm them. He wondered where exactly she was taking him since they couldn’t communicate exactly too well.

He sighed a bit out of relief when they got to a pack border. He made sure not to pass the border. Intruding was highly frowned upon and could mean that you could be hunted down. When she called for Siarut he knew that she was calling for the Alpha and he sat down beside her. Steele wasn’t one to be nervous but he barely knew Uki, and what he was getting himself into.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
She's patrolling the borders when she hears the call; it isn't for her, but she feels compelled to answer nonetheless. The yearling sets off for the source, steps quick, and arrives shortly. There's a pale woman she doesn't recognize, but her scent tells her she's a packmate— the one who'd called. Beside her is a stranger, a sturdy male painted in greyscale.
Hello, She greets as she approaches, dipping her head to the woman she assumes is another of Siarut's sisters. Perhaps she's brought this stranger to join, as Siarut had done with her. A recruit? She wonders aloud, voice friendly, and glances between the two for an answer.
"Common" | "French"
146 Posts
Ooc —
The woman who appears is a southerner. Uki might have eyed her with distaste if not for the fact that she's a pack member. The berserker keeps still, no sign of her distrust for anything southern appearing on her impassive face. 

The English words are met with confusion as a wrinkle forms between her silver eyes. "I don't understand," she says in the harsh, musical tongue of the north. She glanced to Steele at her side, wondering if he could somehow relay the message to her. 

"This is why I called for Siarut," she said, mostly to herself as her lips twisted wryly. Hopefully the girl knows nanuk and will at least know who the spearwife is looking for. 
142 Posts
Ooc —
The rustles of another sent Steele’s ears right up into the air. He sniffed the air and found a scent that was similar to the ones that he smelled on Uki. They must have come from the same pack. “I would say that is why I am here.” He nodded to the new wolf, looking a Uki with a small smile. He knew she didn’t understand her because Uki couldn’t understand him. 

She doesn’t understand this language, I think.” He said to her and motioned toward Uki hoping that it would help the wolf who just joined them. It seemed that this was not the wolf that she was hoping for. Steele made the connection that this wasn’t the Alpha and looked around. This was an unfamiliar place, he had to keep that in mind.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
figured this was a good place to jump in

Uki's howl pierced his ear, lifting his head and tilting his head to the side, he made his way toward her. His task of checking the caches temporarily forgotten. As he journeyed closer he caught the scent of Alessia and realized that he wasn't the first one to approach the woman. It wasn't until he scented a stranger that he realized why they had called him. The howl hadn't been one of despair so Sia could only assume that this man had arrived on the border or was brought here.

He approached his family, nodding to the two ladies. "Myreen, Uki." Before he turned his olive gaze on the silver man that was with them. "Who is this?" Siarut knew that Myreen wouldn’t be able to understand, but at the moment information was more important than comfort. If a stranger was not present he would have translated for the girl, as to further he knowledge in the language. But alas there was a stranger among them, and he couldn’t deny he trusted Uki more than most others.

His green gaze didn’t leave the male that stood at his border, he seemed kind enough, and held no hostility. Yet Siarut was a wary creature, used to taking as many precautions as possible.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

146 Posts
Ooc —
She could see that they were speaking about her, or at least Steele was. With no way to understand what they were saying, she blocked out the English all together in favor of waiting patiently for another northerner. 

She rose to her feet as nanuk approached, dipping her head to him respectfully. If she was still bothered by their last meeting at all, she didn't show it. "Siarut," she greeted similarly, the word thick with its northern pronunciation. 

"An interested recruit. Or at least, he seemed interested," she could not help but grin, amused that the southern man had followed her despite not being able to understand her. 

"He's nice but I don't speak English. I don't know what he can offer. I just figured you might want to speak to him, yourself," she shrugged her slender shoulders. It was obvious she would lose no sleep if the stranger was turned away. Still, perhaps there was some reason Taqqiq had sent him. 
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele watched as another wolf approached talking in the same language as Uki but also in his tongue. He let Uki speak first as she was greeted by whom he thought might be one of the higher powers in the pack. As Uki finished he looked at the male and dipped his head in respect. “I’m Steele. “ he offered his name for the male hoping Uki hadn’t already.

He was intrigued by this language they were using, it seemed that they weren’t from around where Steele was. He was hopeful that someone would be able to teach him the tongue so if he found a home in this place he would be able to know what they were saying.

272 Posts
Ooc —
for future reference, please don't skip me in the posting order! :)
It seems a lot happens at once — her packmate speaks to her in Inuttuk and immediately she understands their barrier, but the newcomer confirms it. She's about to speak, but Siarut arrives then. She dips her head in greeting. It seems there's little use for her here, but she lingers anyway because Som wants this for scout.
She listens to the pair converse in their language, and she feels odd. Her father's tongue had been his pack's native tongue, their main language, but she'd learned French early — not as early as the other children, no, but early nonetheless. This is a different situation, a different place, and hearing the foreign language does not inspire the same warmth. Instead she feels cold and alone, and she watches the stranger and wonders if he will too.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
With a quirked brow Siarut took in the man, listening to Uki's words he was curious as to what might have sparked his northern's friends interest. He knew she had no grasp of the common tongue, and was surprised that the man had followed her for seemingly no reason at all. Dipping his head in acknowledgement to Uki as she finished speaking.

The brute was quick to introduce himself and Siarut nodded his head, "Siarut." He offered his own name, not thinking the man might not realize it to be his name. "Uki tells me you wish to join us." It wasn't a question, although the man could refute the logic, but then he would have been brought here for no reason.

Looking between Myreen and Uki he nodded slightly. "Why?" He wasn't usually one for many words, and so his one word question reflected a variety of answers. Siarut only need on good answer to accept the man, if it was truly his intention to join them. Why did he want to join us? Why did he blindly follow Uki? Why was he here? Why? Why? Why? An answer to any of these questions would suffice. So Siarut waited, patiently.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

146 Posts
Ooc —
This time it's Anaktok who is left out of the conversation as Siarut switches to English, turning his attention to the smoky form at her side. Tapeesa seems unperturbed, given her reluctance to learn the language, silver gaze flicking between the speakers silently. 

She could leave now, return to her nook and sleep, but she was curious to see if the male would be accepted. He had followed so surely this was what he wanted, if not he could walk from the borders right now and leave her to apologize for wasting time.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was right by what he thought Uki had told Siarut, she wasn't wrong but it seemed so fast. He wasn't entirely sure why he even followed her back here but there had to be a good reason or he wouldn't have done it. The brute had sensed a bit of confusion from Siarut which was a given, obviously if someone that was a stanger come upon Steele's borders he would feel the same way. He nodded when he said 'Uki told me you would like to join us.'. 

Then he was questioned. The same question he asked himself the whole time he walked with Uki back here to the glacier. "Well... I thought Uki was interesting given her language. I thought if I immerse myself in her culture I could learn the language and talk with her. I also think that if I am accepted here I could help with anything you need. I can be loyal, which I think shows when I followed Uki, and I am a decent hunter. I have also been trying to learn medicines." Steele took it upon himself to explain everything to Siarut. He understood that following Uki back here seemed a little weird and could be questioned like he would be here to harm them. That wasn't the case though and he had hoped he answered all the questions that the Alpha had.

272 Posts
Ooc —
She watches and listens intently as Siarut questions the man, but she doesn't add anything. It's not her place. She's simply standing silent guard — but she's learning, she thinks. About the pack's culture, about what Siarut might expect of a joining member.
Nothing very unusual or exciting so far. But perhaps that's what fascinates her — the northerners seem so foreign in so many ways. Yet sometimes so familiar.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut was midly impressed with all the information that had been provided. One fact that caught his attention was the man's interest in their language. And the main reason why Siarut liked the idea of the man joining. He expected most that came their way to eventually learn the northern tongue, and he was proud of the sanctuary that IkKanattuk have become for wolves of northern descent.

Slowly nodding his head, he looked between the three wolves present. "Well Steel, welcome to IkKanattuk. I hope you don't mind snow." The seasons were sure to be changing soon, and Sia was sure that snow would be their constant companion until spring broke in several months. "Would you like a tour?" He flicked his head over his shoulder.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

146 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed Steele was accepted, if she was reading the other's expressions correctly, and her feathery tail began to wag as she aimed a congratulatory smile at the southerner. She was pleased that he was joining, he certainly seemed like he could be a friend - if she could learn English. 

It appeared that she was no longer needed and if nothing else was said to the tundrian, she offered the other wolves a nod and departed - leaving Steele with Siarut.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele hoped that he would be useful to them here. As he was accepted he smiled at Siarut and watched Uki leave. “I don’t mind snow much. I’d love a tour.” He said and dipped his head slightly showing his thanks for the offer. He stepped forward to stand next to Siarut showing he was ready to see their beautiful home.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Alessia and Uki were quick to depart after the new comer had been properly accepted. With the small incline of his head, Siarut led the main through the territory showing him some of the most important communal areas. The caverns, and the meltwater, and a few select caches. He was sure glad to see their numbers grow again, gaining a strong male to help defend their claim. Only time would tell if the man truly found his home to be here.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}