Blacktail Deer Plateau a chorus of light
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 

Grezig wandered the forest of silver birch and dark pine as the sun slowly set. The light filtering through the trees was red-gold and beautiful.

Beauty. It was a concept that was only just beginning to filter through Grezig’s consciousness. Once again, she couldn’t help but think that Elixir would be proud of her. Perhaps the concept of beauty made more sense now that the group was finally settling down. Now that they did not have to worry quite so much about survival, there was more time to see the beauty in the world. Grezig shook her head. In truth, she did not really understand it. All she knew was that she was happier than she had been in a long while. The plateau was… beautiful, and it offered the pack food and shelter and a chance at a new life.

She sat down and faced the sunset. Birds chirped around her in the trees and small animals scurried here and there. Yes. This was their home now, and Grezig was content.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
While she was the type of person that avoided others as much as possible, there was a pack member that held her curiosity. The other white furred female, the quiet one that always looked calm yet fierce at the same time. She didn't remember if she had ever really caught the name of the woman, but she did want to meet her to scope out just exactly what the female was like. Minori walked through the birch trees, occasionally brushing against one to leave her mark as she tracked the female by scent. The birdsong made her ears flick but she didn't focus on it, when on a mission everything else faded away. To be quite honest she never really paid attention to the nature surrounding her in a way that allowed her to admire it, she was just on alert twenty four seven and on guard just the same. She never stopped to smell the roses or take a moment to admire the sunset.....just like the one she had been tracking was doing at this moment. As soon as the female came into view Minori gave her usual firm chuff, wanting to gather the woman's attention but not scare her. "I don't think I know your name" she said simple and direct, sitting down upon the ground and staring right at Grezig.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry for the wait, oh my lord.

Grezig gave a small start when she heard a voice to her left, quickly turning her head. She felt a little ashamed of herself for being so caught off guard, and cleared her throat before she spoke. “I am Grezig,” she told the woman, squinting at her and trying to remember her name. She remembered when the group had met this dark-furred female. She’d been following Corvus… Hmm… “Min… Minori, right?” she tried. “Forgive me if I have gotten your name wrong. I do not believe we have ever really spoken to one another.” She dipped her head as an official greeting, wondering what Minori wanted.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
A flash of amusement sharpened her gaze as she saw the other woman startle. She hadn't meant to, in fact she hadn't wanted to but even so it was somewhat funny. Trying to keep the amusement off her face, she watched the other woman turn to face her and give her name, which was immediately repeated in her head. She didn't believe she had ever given out her name either, but Grezig must have heard it because she tried to identify minori and ended up doing so correctly. "You were correct." she reassured the woman with a slight upcurve up her lips. She wondered briefly if she should apologize for not introducing herself more quickly, but realising that only Liri and Corvus had ever really gotten an introduction yet made her decide against it. Minori just wasn't a social wolf, that much should have been obvious. "I don't really talk to others much. Keep to myself. I....don't even understand why I speak to Corvus so often. He's kind of annoying" she said bluntly. Annoying in the way that he got under her skin, made her want to speak to him and search for him when there were plenty of others to talk to.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig grunted in acknowledgement when Minori told her she’d gotten her name correct. “Good,” she said. The earthy-colored woman listened as Minori went on to say that she was not very social. She mentioned that she was not sure why she spoke to Corvus as often as she did. Grezig grunted again. “Annoying?” she repeated. She thought back to her last encounter. Their spar, hadn’t it been? That had been weeks ago, she realized. They really needed to catch up again.

“Yes,” she agreed, coming back to herself. “He can be… annoying. Arrogant, more like. But I do not care about that. He fights well and has remained loyal to the pack.” She shrugged, glancing at Minori and wondering what she’d have to say about that.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori added her own grunt in response to Grezig's opinion on Corvus. Arrogance....it was annoying. Sometimes she could be arrogant as well, but she would never admit to it. The one part of what Grezig said was that Corvus fought good and Minori immediately looked up, an almost excited look on her face. "You know about fighting? I was a general." she boasted and then slowly a smirk spread across her face.  "That's how me and Corvus met. He was annoying, I attacked him, I won, we hunted together." she said thinking back on how the fight had ended with the both of them laughing and heading off to work as a team for food.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had been looking around, not at Minori, after she finished speaking, but she turned her head back immediately at the dark female’s expression. Minori looked… excited. Grezig raised an eyebrow in a questioning look. ’You know about fighting?’ Minori asked, and Grezig grunted a yes. ’I was a general.’

The term general was unfamiliar to Grezig, who had grown up in a pack with words like warrior and fighter. She assumed, though, from the topic of their conversation, that Minori must have meant some kind of warrior—a good one. Grezig grunted again to show that she was listening. Then Minori went on to explain how she and Corvus had met. It reminded her of her own meeting with Corvus. “I fought and hunted with Corvus, as well,” she said, “though, not in that order.” She paused for a moment, allowed the smallest of grins, and said, “I won, also.”
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Ooooh yes. Her interest was peaked. She felt her lips curl up into a grin as she studied Grezig. The woman seemed to be strong enough of body to be a challenge for her to fight. Especially if she had beaten Corvus, who was one of the only wolves in this area to prove to be a match for her. "Hmm...Perhaps we could spar? Fight until one submits. No serious damage of course" she asked trying to keep the eagerness out of her tone. She wanted to see which one of the two of them were the better fighter, the top soldier, the best warrior.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
’Hmm,’ Minori began, and Grezig raised an eyebrow at her in curiosity. ’Perhaps we could spar? Fight until one submits. No serious damage, of course.’

Grezig could not help the grin that spread across her face at the suggestion. “Yes,” she said simply, and stood up. “I would gladly spar with you.” And she meant it. But first, she wiped the grin off her face. She would let it come back if she won. “Now?” she asked, a bit eagerly. It had been some time since her last spar, with Kavik. She had won that one, as well. She was curious to see if Minori would be the one who finally put her down.

Minori's on PPC so exiting.

Minori did not want to do the spar now. Grezig was a bit disappointed, but nodded in acceptance. "Another time, then," she said, and then turned and walked away.

[Exit]