Blacktail Deer Plateau I'm feelin' like a summerbreeze
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
for @Minori since they've yet to have a thread :)

The scent was that of citrus, a harsh, sour tang that bit at her nose as she approached. She nosed the dark berries clinging to the bush, the sun glinting violet off the berries. This proved unneeded, the scent alone had alerted her to the identity of the plant - blackberries. She pulled back with a smile, for it was her favorite fruit, and helped herself to some of the delectable berries that hung within her reach. 

They exploded on her tongue with their taste - sour, sweet, and bitter all at once - and left her muzzle stained a pale shade of purple. 

After she'd eaten her fill, the healer began to collect the small, scalloped leaves of the plant - planning to store them in the caches she'd made for medicine - as they were known to soothe bee stings. 

With delicate snips of her teeth, she cut away leaves to form a growing pile at her feet.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori was exploring the territory even further when a citrusy fruit smell caught her attention. She had always had a weakness for berries, so she turned to follow the path in that direction excited at the prospect of getting to treat herself to a mouthful of the tangy berries. When she was a short distance away she smelled Liri, the female leader with the bad leg. An ear flicked hesitantly but the pull of the berries was too much for her to resist so she continued forward, pausing when the female was in sight. She watched what the other was doing for a few moments silently before speaking up without warning "What are you doing?" she asked, curiously eyeing the plant matter by Liri's paws. She then began to eyeball the berries on the bushes and stepped forward, looking to Liri for permission to come and take some of the berries for herself.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She barely managed to withhold her startled jump at the sudden inquiry that reached her ears. Despite the frightened lurch her heart gave, she remained calm and turned to face Minori with a smile. 

The healer was not entirely familiar with all of her recruits, amongst them Minori, but intended on getting to know them better now that they were settled. 

"Oh, I have a weakness for blackberries," she admitted with a sheepish smile. It was obvious she had sated her appetite on the berries, as her muzzle was still stained purple with juice. "I was collecting some of the leaves, they're good for bee stings. Or any stings really - bee, wasp, hornet..." she rambled, slightly nervous. 

"Oh, don't mind me. Help yourself," the Alpha insisted as she moved herself and her pile of leaves out of the way. She settled as she waited for Minori to finish eating her own fill of the berries. 

When the Epsilon had finished, Liri turned from where she had been observing the leaves for insect bites - offering a hesitant but friendly smile. "I hope you're settling in well, I hope everyone is. I know the trip was long and it kinda sucked," she laughed lightly, only half joking.

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori stepped forward and gingerly began to pluck the berries from their stems, crushing them against the roof of her mouth with her tongue. The flavor exploded on her tongue and she gave a small sigh, her tail wagging as she continued to take her fill. "Berries are the one weakness I'll admit to" she said after she had licked her maw as clean as possible, a hint of a smile forming on her lips. Not to mention poppy seeds and the fear of having friends she thought, her smile faltering slightly. She listened intently, gaze focused on her new leader as the girl nervously blurted the uses of the leaves. One of her ears flicked and a curious look came over her face, wondering why Liri was nervous. She couldn't muster up the arrogance to believe that she was feared by Liri, so she couldn't figure it out.

There was silence for a few moments as Minori took a few more mouthfuls of the berries, finishing quickly and stepping away just as Liri spoke. Oh..." she hesitated and lifted her gaze, looking around them and taking in a breathe. "I am sure this will make a good home." she said honestly, unsure what else to say. "I have been looking for a good home ever since I was taken from my birth pack. This is the first one to really gain my interest. Mainly because of Corvus and you. He reminds me of my soldiers, you....you just radiate strength. Don't take this wrong but Your leg...it made me think you'd be easy to take down but you've hunted alone and you speak and act like a true leader." she paused unsure if she was being too blunt. "I am quite sure that you can hold your own. Plus...you have all of us to defend you if need be." she said and gave a hesitant smile, eyes wary and ears twitching as she waited to see if she'd offended her.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The Blackfoot watched her eat the berries, allowing a small smile at the joke Minori offered. She could not say why the Epsilon's smile fell but her own weaknesses came to the forefront of her mind. She found her dark gaze drawn downwards to examine the mangled leg Kelina had left her with. 

She listened with perked ears as Minori spoke of being taken from her home. A concerned frown wrinkled her face but she remained silent, wondering what Minori meant. Her gaze was again drawn to her leg as the Masuyo directed the conversation towards it. 

A small part of her was embarrassed that Minori had seen her leg, the healer usually tried to ignore that her leg was so damaged. It was easier that way. Yet, she couldn't spend her whole life worrying that someone might see her leg. 

"That's alright. Plenty of people think that," she smiled lightly, thinking back on the Gamma from Sunspire. 

It was significantly harder to lead as a cripple than to simpley be a subordinate. No one would blink if she held a lower tier rank, she had skills that were useful as a healer and hunter. But proving that she was worthy of following as a leader? That required proving that she was strong enough to shoulder not only derision, pain, and the loss of limb - she'd had to shove all that somewhere hidden deep inside of her and learn to walk again anyways. Even on days that she wanted to ball up on the ground and quit, on days when she felt useless, she had to suck it up anyways and keep going or risk losing the respect of those around her. 

Liri thought it a worthy price for the life she had found. 

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me,"  she said genuinely, feeling a prickling sensation in her eyes indicative of tears. She blinked them back, feeling silly. 

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori dropped her gaze unsure still if her words had been taken offensively. It was mean she realised, to assume someone was weak just because they had a weakness. She was mean....but she already knew that. She didn't used to be this way, so cold and nasty toward others, but one major blow to her heart and she had closed up completely. She looked up at Liri's expression of gratitude, relieved that this time she hadn't been coming across as mean. She watched the Alphess blink rapidly, her eyes widening. Had she...were those tears? She felt her pelt heat up and she ducked her head, unsure how to act now. She could ruin the interaction and say goodbye, or she could continue to be nicer then she had in a long while. "It wasn't a compliment, but the truth. Compliments are given when you seek favor." she said gruffly though her gaze was soft as she continued to look at Liri.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri wondered silently if the girl had noticed her blinking - she seemed to grow uncomfortable and Liri cursed her emotional reactions for their untimely appearances.

"The truth is, I'm a cripple," the healer stated honestly, her chin lifting a fraction. "And the truth is, you didn't have to look beyond that. But you did, even before you knew me. That is why I thanked you, not for flattery," Liri explained with a kind smile. 

574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
There it was again, the strength she had spotted in Liri. The opinion she had of the woman grew in respect and Minori felt a smile forming on her maw, softening her harsh features and bringing out the beauty in them. "Ah...I see. Well..you're welcome Liri." she said understanding where the woman was coming from. She was both satisfied and startled by the beginning of fondness for the woman and immediately wanted to go. "I think I'll go for a run. Thank you for the berries" she said and began to back away, before fearing she sounded rude. "See you around. Also...anyone who judges based on physical appearance is a fool. A strong soul is the one who comes out on top, no matter what" with that piece of wisdom she nodded and turned, running off.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't seem uncomfortable but the girl backed away, speaking of a run. Liri wasn't one to pry, not when she had enough skeletons in her own closets to arm an arsenal of anatomy classes, and merely nodded - sensing she hadn't directly caused Minori's hasty escape. 

"You're welcome, though they're not really mine," she answered cheekily, gathering up her leaves to store in the cairns. 

"See you," she watched the ebony she-wolf go, a slight smile turning up the corners of her lips.