Blacktail Deer Plateau It’s okay to let it out, we all have demons to tame.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Private 
For @Kavik, a check up for the advice she gave him in Blacktail Deer Plateau:) sorry it’s so late!

It has been an early morning once again for Elixir. Once she had awoken her shoulder was aching and needing to be stretched. The healing process had been slow so far but the shadow hadn’t dig into her muscles, thank god. With a long stretch and a yawn Elixir was off to start her day toward the stream that ran softly through the territory.

It was a blessing that they had found this oasis, better than the Vale, she had thought and would be better for future bloodlines to grow up. As she strolled toward the shore of the stream she thought about their journey here and how long it had taken them. Though it doesn’t matter how far it takes to get there at least they had gotten somewhere safe.

One memory did stand out, Kavik, when he was having troubles. The wolfdog pondered for a moment before taking a mouth full of water. She wondered if he was doing okay now with the tips she had given him. It had been a while since she had talked too or checked in with him.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The stream was a frequent destination for Kavik, and so he had made his way there this morning after a quick patrol. Upon his arrival, he noticed Elixir was there as well. Walking up to the wolfdog, he greeted her with a dip of his head and an, Elixir, before lowering his head to the water and taking a drink. Lifting his head from the stream and drawing his tongue across his lips to gather any clinging water droplets, he added, How are you settling in? They had been here for long enough that most of his packmates should be settling into some kind of routine, and he wanted to make sure everyone was as content here as he was. He had found the plateau to be a more than suitable home for their pack. It was lush and free of other nearby packs, which was more than he could say for the vale they had first considered settling in.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir was happy to see Kavik had strolled up beside her to drink some water also after he came up in her mind. “Morning Kavik, I’m settling in good. I think the move was a good one from the Vale to here, but I think it will really pay off in time. “ she smiled and nodded. The Vale was beautiful and all but this place had an abundance of everything that they needed so far. 

How have you been holding up?” She asked with hope that he had been better than their last conversation. She hoped he was working on all the tips that she gave him or even found some of his own that helped him. She gave a small tail wag of excitement to know about it.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded at the wolfdog. Yes, the plateau seems like the perfect place for us, he said with pride in his voice. It had been a hassle to be on the move yet again after their encounter in the vale, but it had paid off in the end. The land here was lush and offered a wide variety of prey. Not to mention, vast grasslands hugged their western borders, offering them even more food. There was definitely no question that this territory could sustain their pack. 

When Elixir inquired as to how he was doing, The Alpha shrugged his giant shoulders. I've been doing a little better. Sleep is still hard for me, but I find myself sleeping more hours than I was most nights, he answered. I've been trying to exercise outside of patrols, and I've been talking to Liri more, he added a second later. His packmate's suggestion really were helping, but old habits died hard, and it would take some time to train his brain to deal with all of his anxiety in a more healthy way.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir smiled and nodded, the pair were great Alphas so far and she was happy to be apart of this pack that they made. “It is” she agreed the Plateau was the perfect place for them. It had everything a pack could hope for, water, food, herbs, and a den sight. Hopefully they would be able to call it home for years to come. 

That’s good. Better than last time it seems. You seem more rested and a bit of stress is probably gone now that we have settled.” She said after he was finished telling her how he had been. She wanted to encourage him to keep doing those things that helped him even when times are tough. “Eventually it becomes part of a ritual when you do it everyday and you start feeling even more better. Then it’ll come to you with ease, the way you can handle stress and find ways to sleep.” She said with a slight nod.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
You're correct, some stress has lifted now that we aren't constantly on the move, Kavik replied with a nod. He still had the stress that came with being an alpha, but it made things a lot easier to know that they all had a safe place to call home. I appreciate your advice, Elixir. It has helped in many ways, he offered, moving his emerald gaze to the slow ripples in the stream in front of them. 

After a few seconds lost in thought, he turned back to the gamma. How have you been, aside from getting settled in a new place, Kavik asked. She had already stated that she was settling in well, but he was interested to know how everything else was going, as well. He wanted all of his wolves to be happy and fulfilled here, as well as feeling like they could come talk to him or Liri if they ever needed anything.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir was happy to hear that some of the stress was lifted because we had settled down and weren't moving every couple days. "Anytime, I'm happy to give anything I can to the pack. Everyone is like family and if we don't help eachother we crumble and no one wants that." she nodded to him. The clear water was moving steadily the only thing in its way was rocks here and there popping up. It was soothing to her knowing that you never see the same part of the water twice because it always moved on.

She welcomed his turn with a warm face. "I've been settling well. I'm still getting to know the territory but it takes time ya know. Other than that it's beautiful and keeps me busy when I'm out and about. I can gather berries and try for smaller game to fill the caches if needed. I think this is a great place." she said reassuring him that she was happy here. It felt safe for her like a new life she never knew she could have had.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian

He nodded at her words. Exactly. We'll only survive if we stick together and help each other out, Kavik replied. Unity was one of the most important things for keeping a pack healthy and happy. It was good to see that the wolfdog understood that and contributed in any way she could.

Good. I'm glad you're settling in well, he said. He hadn't missed all the things Elixir had been doing for the pack, and he was glad to have such a hard-working wolf in the ranks. His eyebrows drew together inquisitively. You seem to help everyone else with their problems. Is there anything you would like to talk about? he asked. It had to be hard always being the one everyone came to dump all their problems on. He wondered if she ever had the chance to dump her problems on someone. If not, he would gladly be that someone for her.

I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
sorry about the wait, have Elixirs 200th post :))

Elixir agreed, the pack was certain to doom if no one helped each other, in hunts or in life so she did what she could. The settling part was almost immediate when they got to the plateau, it’s so beautiful and felt so secure she felt right at home. It will continue to be that way as long as she is here to stay.

nothing comes to my immediate mind. I just think sometimes I should take my own advice” she chuckled at what she said. Since her nightmares she had been up late, much like Kavik would be when they traveled so if Elixir would take her own advice maybe she could get some sleep too. That was easier said than done.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No worries! And congrats!

The alpha furrowed his brow in concern at Elixir's words and searched her face. Which advice? he asked, wondering if she was having anxiety problems as well. He would certainly be glad to help her out in any way he could. Maybe she just needed someone to listen? Kavik was good at that, and would be happy to to listen to the wolfdog's problems. He knew it wasn't always easy to talk about things, though, so he didn't press her on it. If she wanted to talk, she could, but she certainly didn't have to.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
She didn’t want to worry him, another burden on his shoulder to carry around, but she wanted to be truthful always to her Alphas. Elixir shifted a bit uncomfortably. “About sleep. My nightmares have been keeping me up.” She admitted to Kavik. She hoped maybe he could help her as she did him, even though she wished she didn’t need it.

Her eyes wandered around but never laid on Kavik as the wolfdog thought he might be concerned. The thought of someone else being concerned for her was a bit weird. She was always the one caring for others feelings, if someone else actually cared to know what was going on with her... she wouldn’t know how to act.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
When she mentioned nightmares, his face filled with concern. What are you having nightmares about, he asked. The alpha was all too familiar with bad dreams. His nights were often filled with anxious dreams about bad things happening to those he cared about. It was less often now that they settled, but they hadn't completely subsided. He wondered what plagued the gamma to the point that it caused her to have bad dreams? He certainly would help her work through it if she wished to do so. Even if she hadn't helped him through a similar situation, he would have been willing to help; she was part of his pack and one of their very valuable founding members.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
My attacker” she admitted before tears filled her cherry balls that she looks with. It had been hard for her ever since that day but hadn’t let anyone know until they had settled that way it wouldn’t put any more weight on someone else’s shoulders. Lord knows Elixir has enough on hers and who else needs to carry it. Her tail flicked as she waited for his response and she was sure it would be a bad one, it was just a feeling she had. She couldn’t even look him in the eye at this point.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The alpha tensed at her answer, jaw clenching in anger. What attacker? he asked, words quiet but tone furious. He was unaware of anyone causing harm to the gamma, but he did remember that she had been injured. Is that how you got injured? he asked, emerald gazing filled with a mixture of fury and concern. He didn't like the idea of anyone hurting those he cared about. It was one of the only things that would turn his normally quiet, reserved disposition into one of rage and vengeance. He looked at the wolfdog expectantly, waiting for her to explain further.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
As she thought he did get upset. She sighed a bit and nodded at his question. It was hard for her but couldn’t imagine the thought for anyone else, he was still out there and could harm anyone who fell in his path much like the wolfdog had done. Her gaze shifted from the ground to the horizon and she let her chest move up and down one last time before she announced to him what had happened out there.

while we were on mount Apikuni I had left for the night just to find a place to watch the stars and explore just a bit. I knew I was too far off for anyone to hear me when I turned and saw him. He was awful, just a shadow moving toward me with teeth stained a venomous yellow. He lunged and grabbed ahold. He didn’t let go until I grabbed for his leg. I jumped over him and headed for you guys hoping he wouldn’t follow because I couldn’t go too fast and he didn’t thank goodness.” She said her voice was trembling by the time the story had ended. It brought all the memories back.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Elixir, I wish you would have come to me when this happened. I may have been able to track him down, he said, brows creasing in frustration and concern. I could have done something about it then and prevented you from fearing his coming after you, he added. He was kind and laid back most of the time unless someone hurt those he cared about; then, he had no problem resorting to violence. 

You don't have to worry about him, okay? If he comes here, he'll regret it, Kavik stated resolutely. He didn't want the wolfdog losing anymore sleep over the matter. As he knew all too well, that was often easier said than done, but he hoped his words would offer her some kind of relief from her fears.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
It wasn't ashamed that she felt but embarassed that it even happened to her. She did want to go to Kavik or even Grezig, Liri even crossed her mind at that time but the confidence was absent. She nodded understanding his frustration with the situation that he had come across. "Im sorry it's just that I never wanted to burden you or anyone else. On the bright side I made it here without further injury." she knew that there was no bright side to this situation that her outlook would fall short of a good thing to Kavik.

When he mentioned what would happen if he had come around it felt as if a weight had come off of her. Like some sort of feeling of safety, not that she didn't already but the confirmation of it made her happy. "That makes me feel a little better. I can't say itll help me 100% but it does make me feel more safe." she assured him and then let a small smile form. Nothing in the world would feel better than being here, in the Plateau, the wolves were what made it the best.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik shook his head, concern still painting his expression. It's okay, but if something like this happens again, please let me, Liri, or Grezig know, he said sternly. He didn't like the idea of someone hurting one of his wolves and getting away with it.

I'm glad I've helped you feel more safe. That's why I'm here, so never hesitate to come to me if you feel unsafe or have a problem, he added with a dip of his head. And thank you again for helping me with my stuff as well, he added a second later. He was more thankful for the gamma than she probably knew.
I'm no good without you
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
All the gamma could do was nod. No words came out even though he thanked her. A small smile appeared and she flashed it at him. Hopefully another attack wouldn’t happen to her but she never knew. 

I guess I should be getting back to tending to my plants I have .” She said quietly. One last look at him and then she turned and left to go to her berry bushes.