Blacktail Deer Plateau The Hunt.
29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
All Welcome 
This was the third hole Thorleif had dug, and by far the deepest. 

Overcoming his fear of deer was one thing, but when he became cocksure of himself with a healthy dose of sheer stupidity, Thorleif ended up becoming an jaw dropping force of idiocy.  He had now been actively pursuing deer by digging into gopher holes, coming to the obvious conclusion that the easiest way to hunt deer was to dig into their burrows.  

Curiously enough, there had only been gophers in the holes.  All of whom had escaped, as Thorleif's eyes were on a bigger prize.  A prize that didn't exist.
He paused.  He heard a scratching sound.  And... was that snarling?

All of a sudden the dirt in front of him exploded outwards into his face and in it's place was an animal of some sort.  Short legs attached to a grey body and a big white head with black stripes.  It snarled again, this time directly at Thorleif.  He backed away, confused.  The smaller creature, a badger, had also been digging through gopher holes in search of... well... gophers.  Gophers which Thorleif scared away.

The badger leapt out of the dirt towards Thorleif, causing him to turn and run.  Unfortunately, he was not fast enough, and the badger clamped down on his tail.  Thorleif flew rather than ran, his feet barely touching the ground.  He shot through the forest, losing track of all direction in his panic, with the badger in tow.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Rolled in Tabletop to see if Kavik could chase the badger off or would have to fight it. 
Even= chase off; odd=fight. Rolled 1d10= 8 (chase off)

Kavik had been following one of the footpaths, hoping to explore the flatlands just outside their borders a little more. His plan was soon halted as Thorleif's sandy form went running by just a few yards away from where he had been walking. Not only did the male seem in distress, but he was being chased by a badger. Those creatures were nasty, and Kavik usually tried to avoid them, so he wondered what Thorleif had been doing to make one angry enough to cause him so much trouble. The Alpha briefly considered pretending he saw nothing and continuing on his way, but his moral compass won out as usual, and with a long sigh, he turned a began running after the pair. 

Surely Kavik's size would be enough to chase the badger off, if not the fact that it was now outnumbered. When he came up behind the wolf/badger pair, Kavik released a fierce snarl at the annoying animal. The badger stopped what it was doing to glance at the Alpha before apparently deciding his chase wasn't worth it anymore. The creature quickly turned and started barreling off into the direction it had chased Thorleif from. Kavik chased it for a few minutes before deciding the badger was properly scared off. He slowed his pace and turned to head back to Thorleif. When he was in front of the male, he gave him a questioning look and asked, What happened? The male was bound to have a pretty interesting explanation as to why he was being chased through the forest by a badger.
I'm no good without you
29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
Thorleif lowered his head in thanks, panting heavily.  He didn't know how long he had been running, but he was glad for the respite.  He looked around and saw that he had mostly been running in circles, as the surrounding area was still somewhat familiar.
He turned back to Kavik to explain.
  "I was digging for deer in the deer dens.  Didn't find any deer.  I guess he was also looking for some deer" he replied, nodding in the direction of the badger.  "I've long since lost my fear of deers.  I figured it would be high time for me to get used to hunting them."

Deer was definately more appetizing than fish, he mused to himself.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik immediately regretted initiating this interaction. He stared at the male and gave an impatient sigh. Thorleif, deer do not have dens in the ground. You were probably digging into that badger's den, he attempted to explain. In the past, his attempts to educate the strange wolf had been futile; it seemed it was almost impossible to try and make him see that a lot of things he knew to be true were not actually true. Part of him felt bad for the guy, but most of him still remembered their first meeting when he flung rocks at his mate. It was a hard thing for Kavik to forgive, made even harder by the fact that Thorleif seemed to be completely clueless on so many things.
I'm no good without you