Broken Boulder twin high maintenance machines
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
maybe @Seabreeze? <3 when/if you have time, m'dear

between the incessant yowling of their feline interlopers, the stress of acclimating his children to the sudden arrival of four new children, the arrival of said children and seabreeze's wolves in general and -- and alarian, his poor alarian, for whom his emotions oscillate between guilt, sorrow, and a strong desire to strangle (and love is in there somewhere too), it is no wonder delight has been feeling under the weather

probably just a cold, he thinks. nothing to fret over when more important things are happening, he decides. his time has been split between alarian's bedside and the children's den but today he abstains from either -- if it is a cold he does not want to run the risk of infecting his lover or children -- and okay he needs a break. truthfully his mind is on seabreeze -- between everything he has not gotten the chance to catch up with her yet and they've so much to talk about. 

so with that in mind he makes his way around, more or less toward the dens (he'll just mind his distance) -- though slowly, his weakened constitution making a brisk pace impossible.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

After the incident with @Ibis, Seabreeze is naturally wary of cats.  She does not like all of these awful creatures showing up and invading her new home and urinating on everything.  Jesus, it smells like cat pee.

Delight's children are not taking hers well, and it worries her.  She knows how soft Delight is, it can't have been how they were raised.. but children are children, after all.  They were prone to be unempathetic, selfish, and sometimes downright cruel.

She just hoped it wouldn't last forever.  She caught sight of Delight trudging around the dens, and he looked like he'd been hit with a sack of bricks.  Seabreeze had started with what she thought with a head cold of her own, but it wasn't too bad yet.  Hey, stranger, she calls with a smile, How are you?

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

she's, thankfully, not too hard to find. the walk has tired him; he smiles wanly, arranging himself to lean against the earth with as much steadiness as he can manage. "oh, you know," delight says, "i think i have a cold. but i wanted to, umcatch up, if you want to." tactfully (for now) he leaves out all the other things going on, figuring that in the course of their friendship he has done more than his fair share of venting between them. besides talking a lot? bad plan right now. he wants to listen.

"i'm glad you're here," he says, proceeding to talk a lot anyway, "sorry about the.. cats. um. but -- but it's good to see you, what happened with sunspire?"
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She is so happy to see him.  Somehow, between the distance and everything else that has happened, their friendship hasn't changed.  She can't help the way her eyes crinkle at the corners or the way her mouth gives so easily into a smile.  How could she have thought that Olive was the only constant in her life?  Delight had always been there, too.

I'm glad to be here, she admits softly.  Her gaze, usually sharp these days, softens as it lingers over him.  A cold, she thinks, but she wonders if it is more than that.  For now, she doesn't pry; Delight's (kind of soured) demeanor isn't all that unusual.  There was a famine.  We were going to starve, eventually.  There were eight pups in total... it was too many for the mountain to handle.  We had trespassers.  More than just the boys from Tindome.  One of Olive's children was killed by a coyote.

She paused.  She kind of didn't want to drop everything she'd pent up about Sunspire to Delight, but..?  History has a way of repeating itself.  Nobody came and offered their condolences.  Nobody cared.  Then Ibis got attacked, too, a bobcat.  She sighed.  We were all holed up with the alpha's children after that.  It was too cramped.  And then we were stripped of our titles and shuffled into the lowest ranks.

She shrugs.  The official reason?  Famine.  Really, it was the children I had in mind... but.. it felt nice to be respected, too.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

a famine among other horrors -- the androgyne drops his head, offering a sympathetic whine as he nudges against her cheek. what she says about their ranks -- the implications, that is -- do not match how he thinks of rannoch. it makes him want to pry; seabreeze does not need that from him right now. instead he puts it aside, deciding he doesn't have enough information to feel any which way about it (ha! as if), and says, "well, you're here now and so are they. i'm sorry to hear about olive's child and about ibis' attack, too." 

he doesn't know what he'd do if one of his were attacked by even one of their tiny smelly cat friends.  they've been through enough trauma. briefly he tries to recall which one of the children is ibis -- small and white? -- she seemed none too worse for the wear, beyond the difficulties in relocating. still.. it is a dread thought.

"queenie left," he admits, shrugging as if to play it off, "a little while ago. if the kids seem especially.. hostile, i suspect that's why. at least partially." or they took after their parents' proclivities for selfishness, but that's neither here nor there. "we'll all adapt, i'm sure," he adds with a soft smile that turns into a cough, "we'll stick together from now on." we of course turns to him and seabreeze -- and he peers at her anxiously, hoping she agrees, hoping he hasn't overstepped. but now that seabreeze has come back into his life, he does not want to give her up, not now, after everything.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

There is a little bit of a glow about her when he brushes her cheek.  Sometimes she didn't realize just how much she had missed him, talking to him, commiserating with him.  It disappears when he moves to speak about Queenie.  She still isn't exactly sure what had happened there but she wasn't about to ask.

It makes sense.  Maybe Olive and I will be able to influence them, at least a little.  It was all she could offer him.  She couldn't replace their mother, but maybe she could help Delight's children feel a little more loved.

It is her turn to move to him and offer his cheek a small touch, punctuated with a whine.  You are the best friend I could ever ask for.  We'll stick together, no matter what.  She couldn't imagine losing him again.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

warmth floods him as she speaks, echoing his own thoughts. "i hope so," the androgyne answers vaguely, either pleased with seabreeze's offer (they could use a more nurturing prescence -- god knows neither he nor queenie are equipped for that) or afraid of the endless open of the future. who knows what will happen tomorrow? so many have died or left under him.

it is different than him promising. he can trust his own promises.

still: "thank you for coming back to me," delight whispers sheepishly, moving to wind himself around her if she will allow it. maybe in a different world he'd be -- what, straight? normal? -- whatever feelings these are, he does not want to deal with them right now. seabreeze is his friend and she is here and that is enough. that will be enough.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

I never know how to write this dork sorry thanks for bearing with me

She has missed the warm affections of a platonic touch — she has to admit there's something more urgent when she intermingles with Olive.

You're welcome, she says softly, leaning her chin against whatever body part has wound its way around her.  I missed you.  You really are my best friend.