The Sunspire Here I Am
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Clarification: Howl does not cross over the border and calls out for @Hyacinth

It had been a month, at least, since he had seen Hyacinth. Far longer than he had ever expected it to take. He had begun this journey thinking that he could have everything that he wanted. Cebra, Brynn and Hyacinth all at once. His feelings for each of them were individual and unchanged by his feelings for any of the others, but that wasn't the issue. Each of them believed him when he said that he cared for and loved them, but the issue that they all faced was that they weren't willing to share him. That knowing he would also be with someone else would hurt them too much. All except for Hyacinth. The one who he had spent the least amount of time with, the one that he would be furthest away from, and the one that he thought would be the least accepting was the only one open to the idea.

Luckily all that thinking wouldn't matter now. He had the option of being with Hyacinth or Brynn now. Cebra had decided to go back to Mawk and because of Brynn's reluctance to share, Howl now only had two options. It wasn't a matter of who he loved or cared about most. What it really came down to was their understanding of him or of his mindset. Hyacinth made is clear that she would be with him no matter what the circumstance. Even though it hadn't come down to that Howl knew that she was willing to go to that length to be with him, even for just a little bit, he would also need to put forth that same effort.

He had planned to be come to visit Hyacinth and Sunspire for some time now. But having to talk things over with Cebra, and Brynn and then there was that fire that started in the north in Morningside. Easthollow was helping refuge some of their survivors at the time and Howl's duties in the pack increased a little after that. But now there was nothing holding him back, other than possibly his own mental hesitation.

Perhaps he had taken too long to come to see her and she had already met someone else. He remembered the first time meeting her being surprised that she was single in the first place. It was something that had been mentioned the last time they spoke, but again, things were different now. He walked up to the border of Sunspire with a knot in his stomach, not knowing what to expect. He took a deep breath and called out for Hyacinth. Waiting to see if she would come to the border.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Things weren't busy that day and so she had spent the time so far resting and walking the land along the borders and outside of them too. She didn't really call it patrolling, since she couldn't do much in the ways of defending by herself alone. Even so, she did like leaving her scent and wandering in the off chance that she spotted some prey or there was a nice looking newcomer who wanted in.

Alot had happend lately, not to Hyacinth personally but to Sunspire as a whole. Attacks, deaths, murder and a loss of members that the longer residing members of Sunspire called family. Wolves were upset, hurt and now because there was so little prey, wolves were slowly growing sick. She was skinnier now then she had ever been before and while she didn't look ghastly she definitely didn't look healthy. Now there was talk about moving the pack to better, more bountiful lands and she wondered if everyone could make it.

She had just returned to her den from a trip outside of the borders, shaken up and having earned a few scrapes. She had stumbled upon a corpse of deer and tried to eat some, when a female came flying at her and attacked. She hadn't known it was taken, she was starving, so she had tried to eat. Apparently not everyone had the mindset to be kind to the less fortunate. She had taken a poppy seed for the throbbing in her hip where she had hit the ground when she heard a call for her from the borders. It took her only a moment to recognise the voice and she jumped up, a huge smile on her face as she quickly headed to the borders. She spotted him and her heart began to race, eyes gleaming with happiness. She hadn't forgotten him, hadn't given up hope that they had a real thing and it would seem that he hadn't either. "Howl! It's good to see you!" she said warmly and stepped over the borders, leaning in to nuzzle him.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
When he first saw her a smile came across his face. Happy to know that she was still here and that she was willing to answer his call. The butterflies in his stomach went away and his tail began to wag. But then the butterflies were replaced with a gut-wrenching feeling as she came closer. The sense of worry and protection as her appearance began more evidence.

She was skinny and injured. It reminded him of what Cebra looked like when he got her back from that kidnapping bastard. He ran up to her and returned her nuzzle and held her closer. "It's good to see you too."  he said holding tight. He lifted his head back to catch her eye. "What happened to you? Are you ok? Your soo skinny and scratched up. Did someone do this to you?" he asked quickly in a concerned and protective voice, remembering what she had told him the first day they meet. About that Preston asshole. If anyone had layed a finger on her he would go crazy.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her eyes closed at his embrace and she gave a long sigh, any tension in her body leaving all at once. When he pulled back she leaned forward subconsciously, disappointment making her pout for a moment. She flushed with embarrasment as Howl noticed her condition. She shuffled a bit and looked at the ground "We're having a bit of a food shortage...there's...pretty much no small game and since I am probably the world's worst hunter, I rarely eat what someone else brings in." she explained honestly and remembered the run in with the angry female over the carcass. "I found a carcass and didn't know it was claimed and tried to eat and this lady came at me madder then a bat woken up. I reckoned she had found it first and didn't wanna share so I let her get a few nips and took off" she explained the small scrapes and bruises along her fur. 

She gave him a wary smile, looking very unsure of herself "That bad huh? I...Im alright Howl. I'm sure prey will come back and I'll be able to eat" she tried to convince him, but her nervousness about how he would react made her voice waver.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Let's see if we can wrap this up for a fresh start.

Luckily it wasn't Hyacinths insane ex that had come to and done this to her. But a food shortage and a surprise attack by a stranger definitely wasn't good. If it had been Preston he would have gone and hunted that male, but seeing as how it was a stranger protecting food he didn't have the same level of passion. He was still worried and sorry for Hyacinth, but felt little need for vengence.

He moved towards her once again and held her in embrace. "Why didn't you come to get me? You could have asked me for help. I'd catch something for you." he said to her.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Sure thing! Crappy late night post

She welcomed his embrace and nuzzled into him, grateful for his concern but giving a small sigh of exasperation anyway. Her tone turned amused as she spoke "I can't eat what they bring in any more when I don't provide too. I can't have you bring me stuff either when you have a pack. Besides...we played a angry game of tug o war and the carcass split in half. We each took our halves" she sounded proud of this fact, that she had managed to do something to bring home food. "I've missed you...You should come visit more often. It's hard to go so long without you" she whispered.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She continued to explain her position stuck between a rock and a hard place. It was true that being part of a pack meant more stability and usually the promise of easier food. But when food was low it was hard to spread, and anyone failing to help provide would surely fall to the bottom of the food totem pole. To Howl's knowledge, Easthollow was doing all right. He had time to hunt for himself, surely he could spare some time to hunt for her, and half of a carcass wasn't nearly enough seeing the state of her.

"My pack won't suffer from me taking some personal time. And half of a carcass is nothing in comparison to fresh game. And it's clear that half of that carcass wasn't enough for you."  he sad to her. He heard her speak of his absence and he couldn't help but feel guilty. "I know. And I regret not coming sooner." he said truthfully. "Why don't we go now. Have some alone time. I can catch you something fresh to eat aswell." he said proposing that they head out on an outing.

I figure we can PP the outing?