The Heartwood if you can't handle these claws you don't get this kitty
kind of struggled not to shine
188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
All Welcome 
@Fire! Went ahead and made this for us! Tell me if you want anything changed :D

Slavik traveled even further than he'd originally expected, but this was as far as he went. He felt that a forest of ash was a sign that it was time to turn back, it just felt like an omen-y thing. It'd begun to rain as well, yes this was the earth telling him, Slavik, go sit your ass down. The sunspot made his way to a boulder that sat by a tree, and dug away a small crevice under its overhang. He placed his head on his large paws and watched the rain fall around him, somehow feeling content.

The rain passed at about noon, and the sun returned from its vacation bearing colorful souvenirs. Slavik awoke from his nap just into to see a wide rainbow filling the sky. His eyes glued to it in awe, he stood and admired the sun's gorgeous work.
[Image: caretaker.gif] 0/5
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 4/5
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

This is perfect!  *wiggles this in her timeline somewhere*

The morning was dour and cheerless, shrouded in a rainy veil of mist. It was just Ceara's luck that she'd be caught out in it, too. Her mind was occupied as she moved aimlessly across the Wilds, but as she approached the Heartwood her jumbled thoughts took a backburner.

Fire had touched this place, and she was about to touch it, too. The thought gave her chills. Even though she thought omens and fables were silly, she couldn't help but feel a little smaller in this forest. 

Her argent eyes were cast upon the ground, and it was the boy she saw first.  His pelt was so striking and saturated that it drew her attention, and her breath caught in her throat once she had realized he was both real and alive.  Her gaze cast upwards at what had entranced him and it was then she saw the rainbow.  Reclining onto her haunches, she remained silent; she did not attempt to remain hidden but she didn't want to be the one to break the silence.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
For quite some time Slavik watched the rainbow up above without noticing the other wolf nearby. The flame nearby actually, for that was truly what she was. He simply watched the colors in the sky, mixing and melting like someone had taken a vibrant meadow, striated it, and pasted it onto the blue canvas above. He'd seen many rainbows out on the plains, but something about the contrast between those colors and this burnt forest made this one seem more special. Him as Speedy weren't together at this moment, but he hoped wherever she was she could see this.

When finally his eyes drifted away, they immediately caught sight of the flame, and widened to behold her colors. She looked very much like one of the wolves on the plains, and he briefly wondered it he were related to her. Probably not. He let out a friendly chuff to get her attention.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Her chest swelled a little bit as his jaw metaphorically dropped.  Little things like that had a tendency to make her little ego swell.  Her tail waved gently behind her in a friendly and inviting gesture, and she trailed a few paces forward.

Quite the sight, isn't it?  She canted her head up at the rainbow that still lingered over their heads, then turned her gaze back onto the golden boy before her.  Somewhere, she wondered if he was related to Niamh.  I'm Ceara.

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
The fiery woman spoke, Slavik nodded in agreement. I haven't seen one this good in a while, it's awesome, he replied with a cheery hum, glancing back up at the luminous colors. He looked back to her when she introduced herself, Ceara. It was a pretty name, and it fit her well. He took a few steps in her direction, I'm Slavik, nice to meet you Ceara, he said with a smile, his tail wagging in an amiable manner.

So Ceara, what're you doing out here? Are you a traveler too? he asked, unsure of whether or not she was from a pack. He thought he smelled that distinct scent on her, but his nostrils were also being overwhelmed with the scent of the charred forest, and the rain that had awoken it's aromas.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Slavik.  It wasn't a name like she'd ever heard before, and Niamh sounded a lot like the names her parents came up with, so maybe they weren't related.  She didn't move closer as he approached but neither did she back away.  

Nice to meet you.  She dipped her chin slightly before answering his question. Well, sorta.  I belong to a pack out'n that direction, but I get around a lot.  She shrugs.  And you?

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Slavik nodded, glad to hear that his nose had not deceived him. She returned his question and he gave a playful shrug. I left my home to go exploring, I used to live on these big plains down south. Now I just travel around with my friend Speedy, he replied, then added with a hint of childishness, We're about to go see the ocean, I've never been before so I'm pretty excited. Slavik was a bit of an over expresser, he rarely felt the need to withhold his emotions, so he simply didn't. Unless of course they were counter productive, but even then he couldn't always keep it in.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh, all that sounded nice.  If she didn't have so many obligations back home, a life roaming around all the time would be right up her alley.  But th

wait what?  Speedy?  I know her!  Ceara's tail began to wag in earnest, and her demeanor brightened considerably.  She and I spent the night together a while back, and she told me all about what she's been up to, travelin' 'round here.

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
When Ceara recognized Speedy’s name, Slavik’s eyebrows raised and his tail began to take off. He was somehow surprised to hear this at first, Teekon Wilds was such a huge place, what were the odds that they’d met the same wolf?! Thats crazy! Yeah we met a few days ago and we’ve been hanging out since. We’re meeting up again soon closer to the coast, he explained cheerily.

Wanting then to know more about this Ceara, he cocked his head slightly to the side and asked, So have you been to the ocean?
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She isn't sure how to feel about it.  She guessed she was happy for them (or whatever).  He was cute, she was cute and really sweet.. they were both wanderers.  Ceara was just some washed-up nobody tied down to her family.  None of these thoughts cross her amiable face.

I have, she says, remembering her trip with Colt to Ironsea.  It's not for me.  But if you've never been, it's always worth a look.  It's beautiful up there.

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Slavik nodded in understanding, he too doubted that the ocean would be a place he wanted to stay, but he was sure it would be a sight to see. Then again who knows, he may become entranced by the glowing blue and green that he’d been promised. He just couldn’t wait. If we ever meet again I’ll be sure to tell you what I think about it, he said with a hum.

He glanced back up at the sky, the rainbow was slowly starting to fade, a slate of blue left behind. What makes those colors? he wondered outloud, not necessarily expecting an answer.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He was nice enough and he knew Speedy; she kind of hoped they'd meet again after this.  She needed some more good, casual friends, even if she was kind of jealous that he got to spend time with Speedy and not her.  

I don't know, she says, looking up at the sky, I don't think I've even seen many before.  They always come after the rain though, don't they?

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Slavik continued to stare at the sky, only stealing one glance to the side to see Ceara staring up too. He didn’t want to risk missing the rainbow, he wanted to soak up all of its vibrancy and beauty before it disappeared completely. He listened to her words though, nodding as he replied, Yeah, maybe that’s why they’re called rainbows. Cause it’s like the rain taking a bow and letting everybody know the rain’s done, he contemplated with a thoughtful tone, his tail sweeping across the ground contently.

When finally the rainbow had drowned in the deep blue sky, Slavik sighed and looked back to Ceara. Well, what are you up to now? If you have time maybe we could hunt? Or talk some more, I’m sure Speedy would understand if I’m a little late because I was chillin with you, he said, the rainbow having him in a very pleasant mood.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

That was one theory.  It'd have to be good enough, because Ceara didn't have any.  She wasn't any good with stories or fables, and his rendition was straightforward enough.  

And then it was gone.  She was kind of sad; the only thing surrounding them now were a bunch of dead, burned-up trees.  Either or, she says, Whatever you'd like.  We should all hang out together some time, though.

Right?  The thought of Speedy caused her ears to burn, and she wasn't quite sure she wanted to share, but.. 

188 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
The idea of hanging out all together brought a smile to Slavik’s face. Him, Speedy and Ceara! The three S’s (because Slavik can’t spell lol)! That sounds great, I’m sure Speedy would be down. For now I’d love a hunt though, if you really want to, he said, standing and readying himself to go. The red girl looked like one who was likely a good hunter, she was smaller than him but seemingly athletic. Slavik loved hunting with other good hunters, so he was eager to put his assumptions to the test.

if you want to fade with ur next post or maybe mine, and if ceara ever makes it back around I’d love a thread again <33