The Sunspire 'cause I haven't bought you
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
terance is looking for @Rannoch because he's got a bone to pick... but because this is technically a leadership thing... @Wraen is welcome as well (:

a lot had happened lately. terance was, all and all, not okay. but he was trying. and if he was going to be okay, he needed everyone around him to be okay. 

and rannoch was not okay.

terance had noticed it even before seabreeze left. sunspire's alpha had grown increasingly spacey and scatterbrained, and terance had never said anything because-- look at him-- he was not one to talk. but after his conversation with treason, terance decided it was up to him to do something about it. as much as he loved his sister, she and him were betas, and they were not to be stealing the center-light in pack meetings. it just didn't look good for rannoch's image. 

plus, he might've promised treason a leadership role and... well, that needed to be rewarded. so, there was a lot to discuss. terance followed his friends scent trail to the willows, where rannoch's family typically resided, spotting his friend exiting the den-- he must've been delivering dinner to his family. he chuffed, tail waving. "hey, man," he called, ears cupped forward, "we gotta talk-- you gotta minute?"
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Drama! *rubs hands*

Wraen had returned from Northstar vale, where she and @Witchbaby had gone to do some hunting and also keep tabs on the bear situation. The autumn had began and it was not long before the large claw-beasts went to hibernation. They had found some tracks and places, where the family had rested, but nothing seemed to be much of an issue. On the positive side - they had spotted a pair of moose that could potentially become their dinner soon.

She had left the coywolf to some business on the outskirts and went to tell Rannoch about the location of their next pack hunt. And incidentally she arrive there just at the same time as Terance did, just from a different direction. "May I stay and listen or should I take my place at the end of the queue?" she asked her brother, while she sat down.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch had not expected for Terance and Wraen to be waiting outside of the Frostfur's residence—this alone caused his stomach to twist. We gotta talk—"wasn't necessarily the best conversational overture.  Rannoch nodded and approached his friends; he couldn't deny either of their requests. 

"That's fine with me," he replied to Wraen. Rannoch positioned himself in front of Terance and Wraen; he wouldn't shy from either of their questions.  Rannoch turned to Terance then with an unmistakable expression of anxiety in his eyes. "What's up, dude?" he asked, and licked his chops.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance eyed wraen as she approached. he supposed he didn't care if she joined, he just didn't want to attack rannoch, and two wolves felt like... well, sort of aggressive. terance would've felt singled out. but, that was immature of him to think, so terance just nodded to his sister and offered her a touch to the shoulder with his nose.

"you've been... missing the mark, lately," he admitted to his friend, gaze narrowing with concern, "not that i've got much room to talk, but you've been spacey and scattered brained and... quite frankly it's causing problems." he looked to wraen, curious to see if she had any input, or if she'd looked taken aback. terance continued. "treason, for one, is feeling useless and unwanted. she said her skills appeared to be unnecessary, because even though you promised her that we needed someone to train our mercenaries, you failed to mention it to the rest of the team and then wraen had to remind you about it at the meeting."

he looked to his sister again, this time apologetically. "there's nothing wrong with wraen announcing things at a meeting, of course--" his gaze returned to rannoch-- "but you're our alpha... the pack looks up to you, and your forgetfulness is letting some of them down. you should be leading the meetings, wraen shouldn't be stealing the show."

with a soft sigh, terance's ears flicked. "it's been long overdue anyway, in my opinion, but i asked treason to step up in the ranks alongside me. sunspire is filled with mercenaries, rookie and experienced, and i've got my paws full as it is. she'd be my secondhand, if you will." 
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Really? Whatever Terance had got to say, this attack on Rannoch was quite surprising. Yes, it was gift-wrapped in polite words, but Wraen felt that he was not fair and not only towards their alpha, but also towards her. What were the italics for - what was this "Wraen is not supposed to steal the show" stuff about?

She watched her brother with furrowed brow for a while and then turned to look at Rannoch to see, if he was just as unpleasantly surprised as she was. "I think that we may be viewing the hierarchy of leadership differently - but I have never considered that with us being Rannoch's right and left hands - he should be left to deal with stuff all on his own. I may be wrong," she looked at Rannoch, "but if he had wanted to be an absolute monarch, he would not have invited us to join him."

"With that said - I believe that it is our task to help our leader in all occasions and there is no shame in him forgetting something and us reminding him of it," she now looked pointedly at Terance. "And you weren't the star pupil in that pack meeting either - with coming late and having no input whatsoever. What does that tell people about the level you care, when important things are being discussed?" don't throw the first stone, if you are not innocent.

"As for Treason - she was given a chance to speak and she ignored the offer," Wraen went on. "I understand that she might have taken offence then, but if she disregards any one of us - or just me, probably, being the weakest link here in her opinion - then I don't think..." here she paused, bit her lip and did not say "she should remain here" in her spite. Much of what she had said about the head guardian was personal feelings towards a packmate that she had difficulties to handle. "Never mind."

They discussed matters for a while longer and then left.

Concluding this, since it is outdated by now.