Whitefish River another year without dying
Tell me something that i'll forget
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
@Grezig hope this is ok :)
Soltero had wandered the winding river for a little while now, following its curves and bends with little direction in mind - it was like a snake, he'd come to the conclusion, lying in rest across the flatlands. The water sparkled and glistened in the early morning light, as though they were the scales of the beast that glowed in yellow rays of sunshine. That light peeked through gaps in the clouds above, little slivers of gold amongst the greyish blue. It had not long passed that the sun had ascended from below the horizon, awakening various colours from their sleepy monochrome, though this day was as dull as any other if not for the occasional beams of sunlight streaking across the ground.

The young man had been strolling nonchalantly beside the river, but as his gaze tipped upward toward the sky he decided perhaps it was time for him to rest his paws, and so the boy of ash padded slowly up to the water's edge, reaching down to lap at the cool liquid that pooled around his tongue. Below the surface a flash of silver passed Soltero's nose, and eyes of apple green flickered downward to watch the fish as it twirled and danced, darting away the moment he raised his muzzle. Despite all else, he loved the river. It reminded him of home, of his birthplace - though he had few memories from his first pack, he could distinctly recount lying beside the creek's edge and listening to the stories that fell from his mother's lips... he missed that comfort. That familiarity. The peace of those days had not come again, and part of him longed to see just one face he knew amongst the various passing strangers.

Settling down, the Valento rested his head on his paws, tail swishing to curl around his legs as he watched the fish swim in the grey morning. He would not remain here for long, just a little while to clear his head before he set off on his journey once more.
I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Sorry for lateness.

Grezig meandered along the river’s edge, following the water and not thinking much. She was doing a routine patrol of the outlying areas around the Plateau. She came across a male drinking water from the river and stopped, studying him from a distance for a moment. He seemed harmless enough. He lay down, and she approached close enough for him to notice her if he hadn’t already. She let him have his space, however, keeping a comfortable distance between them. She chuffed a greeting, keeping her body language neutral-friendly, sitting down to show she was not a threat. She waited.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
S'okiii

Her coat bore a combination of greys and browns, like autumn leaves falling upon the surface of stones, adorned with eyes of similar muddy hues. She appeared of a similar age to the smoky traveller himself, though her body was compact and muscular. Soltero kept one eye trained upon her movements, idly observing as she trailed her way to the water's edge - though her posture was neutral, he found himself taking an extra moment to stare suspiciously in her direction before returning a chuff of greeting in response, figure relaxing just a touch. Perhaps she would be a friendly one, though still he had few reasons to trust her. Perhaps... she might know the location in which he was intent on discovering, or the people he was searching for, and it was one of the few possibilities that soothed his worries.
But the rain never came
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
I'm the worst. Have the worst response.

He chuffed in response, but said nothing, so Grezig simply continued to wait. Today she was in no mood to waste words on a mute wolf. Her posture remained at least neutral, for he had done nothing to make her angry, only impatient. Still, she knew she could be just as stonily silent as he, so she was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His tongue drew out to sweep across the sides of his muzzle in contemplation before he spoked, deep voice rumbling from within his chest. "You," He gestured awkwardly, unsure how to address her; conversations were not his strong suite. "Do you know the name Mawk Saefyn? Or Illecebra?" If not, perhaps he should simply be on his way, but if she could give him any hints, clues, to their location, then the woman would recieve his thanks. 

A chilled breeze ruffled through his fur, but it did not freeze the wanderer's skin - his pelt provided him with a blanket of warmth, and it would take more than a little gust of wind to ice his bones.
But the rain never came
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
The boy finally said his piece, asking if Grezig knew the names Mawk or Illecebra. That second name seemed… vaguely familiar, as if she’d heard it in a dream, but she could not put a face to it. She shook her head. “I’m sorry, I do not know either,” she said. “Illecebra sounds… familiar, but, if I ever did meet an Illecebra, it must have been months ago. No face is coming forward in my mind.” The wind came on, a gust of it, and twined between her fur, which was thickening in the colder weather. “Is there anything else I can assist you with?”

The boy needed nothing else from her. She dipped her head in goodbye and left.

[Exit.]