Blacktail Deer Plateau "I can teach you how to bottle fame,"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
First class, school is in session!! @Kavik @Grezig @Elixir @Corvus @Minori @Ruenna @Kenkou @Thorleif @Illidan

The morning was chilly, the air nipped at her with a sharp bite as she emerged from the Door. She shook out her coat, stretching rather felinely before padding towards the clearing at the heart of the plateau. The dew on the grass sparkled as she neared it, the sunlight muted by the low fog that rolled through the grass. The sylph appeared from the dark forest, approaching the stream which gleamed sapphire blue as a sunbeam broke free of the clouds.

The fae stopped a few leaps away from the brook, taking a seat on her haunches. It was late enough in the morning that most of her packmates should be awake, though the fae figured if they weren't they would either wake up for class or just wouldn't. Either way, she tipped her head back, calling for her wolves. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue had been having trouble adjusting to the group sleeping arrangements in the Door, and most nights she either did not sleep at all or she bedded down in different spots around the territory. Because of this the new recruit was often up before the sunrise warmed the dew off of the plateau's grasses, and she was already out and about when Liri called. It took her very little time to materialize at the gathering point beside the stream. 

"Hello Liri," Rue greeted her alpha. She approached the alabaster woman to nudge against her amicably, tail fluttering in a way that was friendly although still a bit restrained. Rue was warming up to her pack, but she was still Rue after all. She pulled back in order to recline to her haunches and wait for other arrivals.

"I've been exploring the territories around the plateau.." she offered conversationally, "..And I was wondering if there was anything I should be keeping an eye out for." Rue was very much enjoying her explorations, but she would happily mix business with pleasure if there was any way she could be simulataneously assisting her pack. As a yearling, Rue had spent many long days gathering supplies for the medicine wolf, but all of the plants here were so different. 
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir had been in a deep sleep. The night hadn't been kind to her as she had wondered through the territory most of the night until almost day break. The wolfdog had a hard time sleeping for the most part but at least now she was able to be in a deep sleep. When Liri let out her howl Elixir startled awake. Her feet quickly became erect underneath of her to stand her up and her heart started pounding through her chest. After she realized it was just a call for the pack she took a deep breath to calm herself and then decided to head toward the call. In her mind she wondered what was important this early in the morning but wouldn't question it outloud, they knew what they were doing.

She took a few steps forward and then stretched out her legs, her jaw fell into a yawn while she did so. After the momentary stop the wolfdog approached the heart of the beautiful plateau where they got to call home. Up ahead she spotted Ruenna and Liri talking. A smile crawled upon her lips when they were within a leaping distance. "Good Morning Ladies" Elixir said groggily after Ruenna finished up her last sentence that she didn't really catch. Her ebony rump hit the ground immediately after she greeted them and she held back another yawn. Hopefully whatever they were going to do would wake her up.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Minori had been sleeping for once when Liri's call rose. She groaned and shifted, not pushing herself up yet. She fought to hang on to her sleepiness but the niggling worry that something was wrong made her slowly lift her head and push herself off the ground. She shook her fur out and stretched, jaws parting in a loud and over dramatic yawn in the hopes someone heard that her sleep had been interrupted. 

She took off at a lope, arriving a few moments after Elixir and dipping her head in silent greeting. She focused her gaze on Liri as she sat down, fighting another yawn off "Morning. Is something happening?" she asked curiously and then lost the war to the yawn.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Nice HP quote! :D

Kavik's busy mind always had him up early doing one thing or another. This morning, he had just dropped a rabbit into one of the caches near their dens when his mate's howl reached his ears. He lifted his head and turned it in the direction of the sound and decided the call didn't sound urgent, so he covered the cache back up before heading in the direction of the summons. He found Liri, Elixir, Minori, and Ruenna near the stream that ran through the middle of their territory. The river had turned out to be quite the popular place, but he wasn't surprised; it was well within their protected borders and was the pack's main source of water.

He came up beside Liri and offered her a nuzzle in greeting before sitting down next to her. He turned to the other three and with a nod of his head, greeted them with a polite, Morning. He didn't ask why Liri had called them here. He had caught the tail end of the question from Minori as he walked up and figured they would get the answer once everyone was here. He and Liri had just discussed starting trade classes, so he had feeling that was why she had summoned everyone today.

I'm no good without you
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Corvus had just settled down in the hollow of an ancient tree, finding it a fine place to retire for his nocturnal nature. However, others of his kind did not adopt such a schedule, and being the pack wolf he was now, the shadow was becoming more of a cathemeral creature by force. The sound of Liri's summoning howl caused his ember eyes to flick open, and irritation pricked at him―though Corvus was the one who set himself up for this kind of thing to happen.

The call was not urgent, so he took his time in dragging himself out of what would've been a nice resting spot. It will be soon, He grumbled internally, trotting halfheartedly towards the river where the call originated. A fair number of faces had already amassed, including the new recruit he either forgot the name of or hadn't heard yet. Feeling especially unsociable in his fatigued state, Corvus couldn't be bothered to speak a word to her or anyone else, instead focusing on resisting the urge to scowl. Ideally, Liri would explain why she called them all to the river―and why at this hour in particular. His weary gaze rested on her while he waited expectantly for the answer to his unspoken questions.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
I think that's everyone that's participating so I'm gonna go ahead and start the next round, new post order. If you haven't joined in yet feel free to whenever :) @Kavik gotta love HP

Ruenna was the first to appear. The Alpha dipped her head slightly as the silver approached, offering a cheerful, "Good morning." She was mildly surprised when Rue nudged her but offered a gentle bump in return, her tail wagging. It was good to see their newest member warming up to the group.

Her ears cocked curiously at the questions - wondering silently if the girl was aspiring for a Mercenary trade and admiring her initiative. "We don't have many neighbors. It would be a good idea to keep an eye out for suspicious lone wolves and bears when beyond our borders though," she offered, considering carefully what the pack might consider a threat. 

Elixir and Minori came next, still sleepy which was surprising to the sylph given the hour, whom she offered a warm smile and a similar greeting. "We're having our first classes today," she answered as Kavik appeared, capturing her attention. 

She returned his nuzzle, accustomed to his affectionate way of greeting her by now, noticing Corvus approaching as she pulled away. He was a member she wasn't wholly familiar with, something she needed to change she noted mentally, but Liri nodded to him all the same. 

When it seemed no one else was coming, Liri stood and addressed the group with a welcoming smile. "I thought we'd have our first class today, as it's something we've been meaning to start." 

"I know Elixir has a Naturalist trade, Minori and Corvus are Mercenaries, and I'm a Caregiver and Hunter. If anyone is interested in one of those trades, I'm sure we can form groups and work with those who want to learn a particular skill."

"Unfortunately, I don't believe our pack has any members who are Counselors, Chroniclers, or Scouts but if that's the trade your working on feel free to work alone or pair up with each other," 
she finished, waiting to see who wanted to learn what. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig was late because she had been chasing a rabbit through the underbrush during her Alpha’s call. When she finally caught it—for she was determined not to give up the chase—it had ran her much farther away than she would have liked. Not allowing herself time to rest, she scooped the dead rabbit up in her jaws and sprinted back to the place where she had been called. She skidded to a halt rather clumsily, looking around at everyone with an awkward wag of her tail.

’Unfortunately, I don't believe our pack has any members who are Counselors, Chroniclers, or Scouts but if that's the trade you’re working on, feel free to work alone or pair up with each other,’ Liri was saying. 

Ah, so this was a class, something Liri had mentioned back before they’d been a real pack. Grezig trotted over to the white she-wolf and dropped the rabbit at her paws. “This is what kept me from your call,” she explained. “Eat it, if you want.” Without waiting for a reply, she dipped her head in respect and turned to face the other pack members. “I will help those going after the counseling trade,” she said, padding over to an empty area and sitting down expectantly.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Rue's tail waved in a contented fashion as the leader returned her greeting warmly. "Certainly," she answered to the ivory woman's request. Fresh from being a lone wolf herself, Rue's senses were still sharply attuned to her surroundings and anything or anyone who might be threatening. Keeping extra vigilance was something she did already, even when she didn't necessarily need to do so. Even when she probably should have been relaxing. 

Liri and Rue were soon joined by others, some of which she'd had the pleasure of speaking with and others she had yet to get to know. Two raven-pelted, somewhat groggy-looking ladies were next to arrive, followed by two equally dark-pelted males. Elixir and Kavik were known to Rue, and she greeted them both with soft smiles and a wagging tail. The other two were only familiar to Rue by sight, and she offered them both polite nods. 

Rue was quickly lost once Liri began to address the gathered wolves. Naturalist? Chronicler? Huh? And what exactly was a "trade" supposed to be? Rue's churning thoughts were interrupted by the somewhat clumsy arrival of another dark-pelted woman. The woman tossed a rabbit caracass to Liri and retreated hastily, all of which struck Rue as a rather.. odd. But even this sort of oddball wolf seemed more with-it than Rue, quickly chiming in about something called a counseling trade. 

"Perhaps.. these um, these trades.. could be explained?" Rue piped in a small voice (even smaller than her usual voice) once there was a lull in conversation. If wolves could blush, the poor girl would be bright red.

As she awaited explaination, Rue's eyes darted around to the others, wondering if she was the only one here who had never heard of a naturalist, or a chronicler, or whatever all that other stuff was. She had always just assumed that other packs were like Red Fern Grove, and everyone was either a hunter or a fighter or both. It had never occured to her that there might be other career paths available in Blacktail Deer Plateau.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
As things were explained Elixir nodded her head, she wanted to be able to earn her counselor trade this time but she would work with anyone who wanted to become a naturalist or had any interest in it. As she walked by Rue to follow Grezig she heard the question and smiled. “Trades are something that you are good at and can give to the pack. Like a counselor. Those are therapists or help the alphas like Grezig make choices. Naturalists are in tune with nature, they study the stars or plants and help their pack by that. Mercenaries usually fight or spar. Caregivers take care of the packs sick.” She said in hopes that she explained it in a way she could understand.

She looked back up to Grezig, “I’m close to earning my counselor maybe we can help each other?” The words flowed as she moved forward to sit beside the woman. No one had yet said they were interested in the Naturalist trade so hopefully she could earn her second trade today. Excitedly she swayed her tail looking at the others in front of them.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He listened as Liri explained what all they would be doing today and then as everyone seemed to divvy up the trades. He was glad to let the others choose first and then help with what was left. Their newest member inquired about what some of the other trades were, and Kavik listened as Elixir answered her question, further expanding on some of the other trades available. 

It seemed a good amount of the trades were represented. Fighting seemed to be covered as well, but no one had mentioned hunting yet, other than his mate. The alpha stood then and announced, I can help with anyone interested in hunting. He dipped his head towards the group and with a quick smile to Liri, Kavik went to sit a distance away to wait for any takers.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri was glad to see Grezig, her lips parting to greet the Beta, but her words were halted as the ochre agouti tossed a rabbit at her feet. "Oh," she said in surprise, unsure how to respond. "Thank you kindly," Liri finally answered, picking it up as Grezig padded away. She took the rabbit gently in her maw, carrying it as she moved to Kavik's side with a wagging tail. No one really seemed interested in earning a medical trade so it seemed she would be joining her husband - not a bad way to spend the day in her opinion.  She sat beside him, resting the rabbit at her paws. She could always drop the game off at the caches before they went hunting.

"Looks like I'm with you," she murmured happily under her breath as she joined him, her attention soon drawn to Ruenna, who was confused about trades. Liri's head cocked, wondering what kind of trades wolves had in Ruenna's homelands. It had been so long that Liri could no longer remember what professions were available in the north, where she and Kavik hailed from. 

The Alpha was content to let Elixir explain, nodding and adding on, "Yes. Hunters hunt, Scouts travel to nearby territories, and Chroniclers keep the histories, and stuff like that." It was not the best explanation perhaps, but Liri thought that a simple answer would be preferable to delving into the finer details of trades and specialities. They could always catch Ruenna up at a later time, for now she need only pick an activity that seemed interesting. 

Once the others had split into groups, Liri turned to her mate as she stood - touching her muzzle to his shoulder playfully. She dipped her freckled crown, gathering the prey Grezig had brought, before padding into the dark forest.

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Since Corvus and Minori aren't active atm, hopefully it's okay if I have Rue split off with Liri and Kavik? I'm thinking I can make her tagging along with them count toward scout/ranger since they're going to be wandering around tracking down prey?

Rue's eyes widened at Elixir's explaination. There was so much opportunity here-- so much more than she had initially thought. When Liri piped up too, Rue's ears flew to attention at the mention of scout. The young woman had imagined that her frequent journeying from the pack's territories was at best a hobby, and at worst a distraction from other pursuits that would actually help the pack. Could there really be a way she could contribute by exploring and learning, the two things she loved most?

As her mind churned from the all the new possibilities, the other wolves split off into lesson groups. Rue suddenly found herself getting left behind, and she scrambled to catch up to Liri and Kavik. Maybe Liri could explain more about this scouting thing.